***Official Rosenborg v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Just now, maggieb said:

It’s a long time out to be expected to show well tonight, gutted for him ,hopefully not gone again but back to the Q?

do you think he’ll come back like Haring has?

I do. His teammates need to help him.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DxB Hearts

• Cruyff

• OTT

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Feel bad for beni. We all know the boy is absolutely class when he’s on it but he was so so far off it it was unbelievable. Buck stops with the management on that one for me though, giving him his first competitive start since last March in an away game in Europe is madness. Hope he’s okay, confident he’ll bounce back soon and get back to the baller we know 

This 👆. Couldn’t agree more. 

5 minutes ago, TynecastleBC5 said:

The fact we were bossed by a 16 year old in midfield

🤔

Not to use it as an excuse for our performance but Nypan is an incredibly talented kid who will likely end up at a much bigger club than Rosenborg. Man Utd were reportedly sniffing about him a few months ago. 

45 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Result is okay. But needs to be a wake up call. That’s twice we’ve started like it’s a July friendly 

This. The result has far more to do with how we started the game than Beni's performance. We showed them far too much respect and the inevitable stepping up a gear never came until too late. Lowry also a shadow of his performance on Saturday which doesn't seem to have been mentioned much.

I still think we will progress though, I don't think they will realise how intimidating Tynie will be until it is too late, after all we are very likely to score since they have not kept a clean sheet for 12 games now and if we can do it early enough I can't see them coming back.

Also a special mention for the ref - not particularly for his decisions which can always be interpreted in different ways but there were at least two fouls we got when we had a man in acres of space awaiting the advantage when we got called back.

Just now, Jamboross said:

Not to use it as an excuse for our performance but Nypan is an incredibly talented kid who will likely end up at a much bigger club than Rosenborg. Man Utd were reportedly sniffing about him a few months ago. 

It also helps when we stand and watch him.

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, PapaShango said:

No way should we be going three at the back! Nothing we have done since Naismith has been in suggests we will do that, would be surprised if he does it here. 

I never even noticed that tbh; I just looked at the personel

There was not much chance of that, because Frankie's not been in a 3 yet

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

7 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

it was easy to say at the start of the game as well unfortunately, and again after the first goal

i was trying to be kind. the positive for me was that RBK looked rubbish, so a bit of hope for the game at tynie

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Maybe Naismith wanted a different midfield and McAvoy overruled him.

He has the final say on selection, according to his interview.

Final say on the sense that he signs the team sheet before passing it to to the ref. Hope so.

It’s a fairly decent result away from home considering it’s only our second competitive game this season. This time next week Tynecastle will be a very fun place to be and I can’t wait.  Mon the JT’s. 👍🇱🇻

StirlingJambo
8 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

On the plus side 

Rosenborg dont know Tynie

Rosenborg will think tonight is our standard.

They didnt see any of the missing 3.

Early goal and we can batter them.

Need to go direct a few times early on and and see how the deal with it.

Hope we do some work on offensive corners, can see us getting a few.

We’ve barely seen anything of the missing 3 either though 

Just now, thegreatsd said:

It’s a fairly decent result away from home considering it’s only our second competitive game this season. This time next week Tynecastle will be a very fun place to be and I can’t wait.  Mon the JT’s. 👍🇱🇻

Correct....its only half time 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I do. His teammates need to help him.

Thrown under the bus this evening,unless he’s been like Beckenbaur in training? 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

People are overreacting and overrating us. That was our second competitive game against a team half way through the season. They aren’t great but they are very well drilled and keep a great shape. Pace will be a major factor for us next week, got killie first though 

Crusaders put up a better fight and they haven’t even started their league campaign 

Just saying.

2 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

1 minute ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Correct....its only half time 

Exactly 👍

1 minute ago, maggieb said:

Thrown under the bus this evening,unless he’s been like Beckenbaur in training? 

He must have been showing something in training to start. He's to soft ATM. He's letting things get him down.

14 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

Only if we go through next week. Odds on that disgusting first half will still be the difference. I don't want to hear bullshit about learning curves any more.

Playing Benny from the start was a strange decision after his performance on Saturday. The starting line up was very brave and in hindsight not that smart. The tie is winnable if we stick to the basics.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Crusaders put up a better fight and they haven’t even started their league campaign 

Just saying.

Crusaders got knocked out in extra time.

We have a fair chance of going through.

5 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It also helps when we stand and watch him.

The lad didn't too much when Haring came on. Great prospect though at 16.

No Idle Talk

Well we are very much still in the tie. Which is about as much as we could have asked for at half time. The first half performance was dreadful. 

The management team got the starting lineup all wrong tonight. Dropping Stephen Kingsley was a bad move but the decision to play Beni from the start was inexplicable! Shankland up front on his own doesn't work either. 

Young managers will make mistakes as they learn. Tonight's team selection was one of those bumps in the road. Hopefully some lessons will have been learnt. 

The positives are that the tie is still there for us and we will have Tagawa available for the second leg. We are going to need his pace up front. 

All to play for next Thursday. 

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Brown envelope for the ref. 

The classic was when Boyce got hacked down from the back, and the referee waved advantage when the ball broke to a Norwegian! 🤷‍♂️

TynecastleBC5
3 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Can't say im surprised, he was immense. However we should have enough experience to pick up on it and do something to nullify his threat. He was left to his own devices for the majority!

28 minutes ago, maggieb said:

Thoughts on Beni ?

Read the 97 previous posts…..

Strange, but all my confidence came flooding back  late on the second half. Good season on the way, if Naisy starts picking the right starting 11.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Crusaders got knocked out in extra time.

We have a fair chance of going through.

I’m confident we will go through

WheatfieldWarrior
13 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

i was trying to be kind. the positive for me was that RBK looked rubbish, so a bit of hope for the game at tynie

hope we can still  get it done at tynecastle - no margin for error though.

Just now, ri Alban said:

Strange, but all my confidence came flooding back  late on the second half. Good season on the way, if Naisy starts picking the right starting 11.

I agree. How quickly we improve will depend on how quickly Tagawa and Vargas fit in. We badly missed a bit of pace up front tonight. 

31 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yeh but it’s a consensus coaching team so they all surely agreed to play Beni. It was bleeding obvious after 10-12 minutes he shouldn’t have been playing and the 3 of them ought to have had the consensus that he comes off. Now he looks like he’s done his hammy so that’s another 6 weeks backwards. Poor decision to play him. Shocking decision to leave him on when they saw how he was

I would wager that Beni will be out longer than another six weeks 😏

PhoenixHearts
18 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

FS, sick man :lol:

Just be glad I didn't post the othe..

*Oops*

2023-08-10 21_07_39.294+0100.jpg

1 minute ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

What do you want them to say? 

That it wasn't good enough?

Thunder and Lightning
Just now, GinRummy said:

Sorry. 

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

That it wasn't good enough?

And that will alter the result how? 

Demanding apologies from the management. 😂 

Grow up. 

4 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

What do you want them to say? 

Admit it was a mistake starting Beni. Take the hit. But they didn’t

1 minute ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Grow up. 

I wasn’t being serious. Should have added a 😂 or a 😎 or a 😀

Thunder and Lightning
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I wasn’t being serious. Should have added a 😂 or a 😎 or a 😀

No worries, 😂

Guess I jumped in a bit. My bad. Sorry. 

Thus result is squarely on the management.  Learning curve . 3 times they have started Forrest and he has done next to nothing they obviously like him as a guy but he is not good enough to be our main outlet up front. Beni was a huge feck up clearly not fully match fit. Why harring did not start is just a stupid decision nearly cost us. Naisy needs to learn fast luckily we have better players now for him to select.

9 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Grow up. 

Grow up ? 😂😂

Because somebody had a different opinion from you !!

Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

No worries, 😂

Guess I jumped in a bit. My bad. Sorry. 

👍 these games come a bit early tbh. I think even a week can make a big difference at this stage if the season. 

Unfortunately it might take us a few weeks to bed in the new signings and really find a bit of form. We badly miss some pace in front of Shankland and if Tagawa can hit the ground running we instantly improve. 

Playing Beni was a mistake but the good thing about our central midfield compared to last season is Haring looks very assured.

Thunder and Lightning
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Grow up ? 😂😂

Because somebody had a different opinion from you !!

Where did I state my opinion on a statement? 

Thunder and Lightning
Just now, GinRummy said:

👍 these games come a bit early tbh. I think even a week can make a big difference at this stage if the season. 

Unfortunately it might take us a few weeks to bed in the new signings and really find a bit of form. We badly miss some pace in front of Shankland and if Tagawa can hit the ground running we instantly improve. 

Playing Beni was a mistake but the good thing about our central midfield compared to last season is Haring looks very assured.

I agree, especially about playing Beni. I get why, but surely everyone knew he was nowhere near sharp yet. 

Still, we learn and move on. 

29 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Read the 97 previous posts…..

The Q was in regard to another player coming back from injury sorry 

23 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

That didn't take long. 

Cringe chat. 

True though, compare and contrast what you just saw happen at ER.