Fringe 2023

The new West End

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

She’s gonna end up boycotting everyone/ everything . Like I said before that type of person will end up eating each other . I went off her after she liked a tweet that the mob who stopped me and others going to a film  put up on twitter . Applauding censorship and people who were trying to stop freedoms of speech and association. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Sooperstar

• H2

• The new West End

jambosean75

aussie comedian daniel muggleton is really good

May be an image of 1 person, beard and text that says "Thrilled to be on my way to Edinburgh for the month of August."

See you soon, UK. My shows on 5:30pm daily at Cabaret Voltaire as part of the The Free Edinburgh Fringe Festival, no tickets so come line-up and I’ll be the guy in the tracksuit. Cheers.

I've seen him twice, once as the warm up for steve hofstetter and once as the headline earlier this year and enjoyed his set both times 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jambosean75 said:

aussie comedian daniel muggleton is really good

May be an image of 1 person, beard and text that says "Thrilled to be on my way to Edinburgh for the month of August."

See you soon, UK. My shows on 5:30pm daily at Cabaret Voltaire as part of the The Free Edinburgh Fringe Festival, no tickets so come line-up and I’ll be the guy in the tracksuit. Cheers.

I've seen him twice, once as the warm up for steve hofstetter and once as the headline earlier this year and enjoyed his set both times 

Yes I wouldn’t be mislead by the “ free “ part . I’ve seen some really good “ free “ stuff . Excellent in fact . 

7 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Anybody with kids take them to see Mario Maker magician at George Square.Wa there yesterday absolutely outstanding my wee ones were pushing themselves laughing the whole show.Even got on the stage to help out with a trick.

Nice one, just booked it tomorrow for us and our 5 year old. Sounds good from what I've read as well

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ach well never mind Edinburgh will just have to struggle on without her 

Thank fevk . She is one miserable 

and so . 

4 hours ago, Costanza said:

Nice one, just booked it tomorrow for us and our 5 year old. Sounds good from what I've read as well

👍 Hope you all enjoy it

6 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Awh ryt ok 

It was all just a bit all over the place. Random heartwarming stories which were just rammed in for no apparent reason inbetween some not very good jokes. He did have one joke which built up to a good ending, but it took a long time to get there and the route wasn't all that funny.

Oliver Harris belting out Elvis songs at Frankenstein on G iv bridge. Absolutely brilliant. Great voice. Also went to his later show at Le Monde where he sings hits from musicals. The laddie can sing. Highly recommend 

Seaside Dave
6 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

It was all just a bit all over the place. Random heartwarming stories which were just rammed in for no apparent reason inbetween some not very good jokes. He did have one joke which built up to a good ending, but it took a long time to get there and the route wasn't all that funny.

Maybe he's funnier on podcasts rather than full stand up then. I've noticed quite a few northern Ireland comedians seem to shout their set but always thought paddy was still funny 

1 hour ago, Seaside Dave said:

Maybe he's funnier on podcasts rather than full stand up then. I've noticed quite a few northern Ireland comedians seem to shout their set but always thought paddy was still funny 

Aye that's probably it. Big difference between sitting about chatting pub style and being funny than getting up on stage for a one man show. 

If anyone can make The Ayes have it, I would strongly recommend that if you're interested in politics, essentially Salmond debating folk on a variety of different subjects, last night was "do public sector workers have the right to strike", Friday was Independence and tonight is should we abolish the monarchy.

Some of the heckling Mike Graham was getting was bang out of order though.  

Sex Panther

David O'Doherty - 4/5

Paul Foot - 3.5/5

The Fleetwood Mac Story - 5/5

Friend - 4/5

Alexandra Haddow 3/5

Jason Byrne - Always a 5 

On 04/08/2023 at 17:38, JudyJudyJudy said:

She’s gonna end up boycotting everyone/ everything . Like I said before that type of person will end up eating each other . I went off her after she liked a tweet that the mob who stopped me and others going to a film  put up on twitter . Applauding censorship and people who were trying to stop freedoms of speech and association. 

She is a hypocrite funded by a billionaire who makes money out of climate change. 

Emanuel Sonubi – Very Good 

Monet Exchange - Very Good

Lucky Pigeons, Not my cup of tea.

Gareth Waugh, - Good

Reuben Kaye, - Disappointing.

Dom Chambers, OK -  Magician

Comedy of Operas, Very Good

Party Ghost – not my cup of tea

Robin Ince, Average.

Kevin Quantum:Momentom – Very Good, the guy is bonkers, but good.

On 04/08/2023 at 17:38, JudyJudyJudy said:

I hate doing this but have you not boycotted costs?

Costas not costs

😄

Edited by Ked

1 hour ago, H2 said:

Gareth Waugh, - Good

Robin Ince, Average.

You also went to Forth on the Fringe on Friday? 

To add context for anyone reading, Lucky Pigeons is a children's show so I'm not surprised it isn't your cup of tea. It's not mine either! 

Personally my favourite of the night was Dom Chambers - I thought he combined comedy and magic well. 

Not sure how you got Monet X Change as very good. I thought they were boring. 

To add, I've also seen Gareth Waugh separately and I would recommend going to see him. You can combine with Marjolein Robertson at the same venue right before him, who was excellent. 

1 hour ago, dtgj said:

You also went to Forth on the Fringe on Friday? 

To add context for anyone reading, Lucky Pigeons is a children's show so I'm not surprised it isn't your cup of tea. It's not mine either! 

Personally my favourite of the night was Dom Chambers - I thought he combined comedy and magic well. 

Not sure how you got Monet X Change as very good. I thought they were boring. 

To add, I've also seen Gareth Waugh separately and I would recommend going to see him. You can combine with Marjolein Robertson at the same venue right before him, who was excellent. 

Maybe I'm just more cultured 😇😁

3 hours ago, dtgj said:

Somebody agrees with you - Marjolein Robertson: Marj comedy review – Blistering hour from accomplished Shetlander | News & Features - The List

Also saw Gareth as host for a Fringe comics preview Monday 31st. He was good, a shout out for Angus Coutts too (as long as he keeps the cap on), Marjolein as well and James Nokise.

Kind of HMFC related fringe today.

I've never been up the monument before did that viewed this at the gallery.

The craftsmanship in the stairs alone is quality.

A fine city .

Art in all its forms including construction is at least one good thing about humanity.

The shaping of the steps and cutting of the rests they sit on .

Need to check that .

Anyway it was nice to look down on the different things going on.

I felt a bit embarrassed that I hadn't climbed the monument before.

Who climbed it before the bars and cages?

The_Porteous_Mob_James_Drummond.jpg

indianajones

Hoping to see a band at the summerhall in a few weeks. Just checked the prices. Wtf is going on? Is the rest of the fringe like this?! Extortionate. 

JudyJudyJudy
On 08/08/2023 at 10:14, H2 said:

She is a hypocrite funded by a billionaire who makes money out of climate change. 

Yep . A useful idiot 

On 08/08/2023 at 10:19, H2 said:

Gareth Waugh, - Good

Robin Ince, Average.

👍

The new West End
On 07/08/2023 at 22:29, The new West End said:

Going to David Baddiel tomorrow

Good show .. pretty much based around his Twitter and social media

Kennedy Bakircioglu

Mark Watson - agree with the earlier comment that he's consistently funny. 

I'd probably go 9/10. Thought it was really good fun all the way through. I didn't pick going to see him, but glad someone else did!

On 02/08/2023 at 06:34, Disser Pointon said:

Jason Byrne every year, love him. Probably also Ed Byrne.

On 02/08/2023 at 08:00, Dazo said:

Snap, seen him every year for god knows how long. Anything else will be spur of the moment. 

On 02/08/2023 at 23:06, Sooperstar said:

Crowd of us going on Friday night. Always a guaranteed laugh with Jason Byrne. 

On 04/08/2023 at 22:33, Sooperstar said:

Jason Byrne was, as always, 10/10.

On 08/08/2023 at 09:36, Sex Panther said:

Jason Byrne - Always a 5 

Should I go see Jason Byrne sometime?  If I threw stones from the gate of my house I could probably break the windows of his childhood home and the schools he went to, but I've never seen the guy perform live. :eek: 

Probably talk about his squinty cock-eye.  How one eye used to go for the bread, while the other came back with the change. 

Tell me he's upped his gig.

On 06/08/2023 at 14:20, OTT said:

If anyone can make The Ayes have it, I would strongly recommend that if you're interested in politics, essentially Salmond debating folk on a variety of different subjects, last night was "do public sector workers have the right to strike", Friday was Independence and tonight is should we abolish the monarchy.

Some of the heckling *Mike Graham was getting was bang out of order though.  

Why? He's a big mouth who does the exact thing you protest, when he pretends to interview folk. He should be in prison , not on the TV or Radio.

Disser Pointon
6 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Should I go see Jason Byrne sometime?  If I threw stones from the gate of my house I could probably break the windows of his childhood home and the schools he went to, but I've never seen the guy perform live. :eek: 

Definitely, he's an absolute hoot!

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why? He's a big mouth who does the exact thing you protest, when he pretends to interview folk. He should be in prison , not on the TV or Radio.

Because its not healthy to vilify people you disagree with, there is a person there. 

8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Always hard to recommend comedy for someone else but I've seen him 6 or 7 times now and his ability to squeeze every last bit of entertainment out of a crowd never ceases to amaze me. I've never left one of his shows disappointed.

And yes, he did mention his squint, but not that joke...

Saw five shows yesterday:
Best of the Fest Daytime - 6 short shows, giving some acts you might like to see, quite good.(Can't remember the names of most of them, but Magic Gareth looked like a good one for the kids).

Out of the Blue -  a cappella, very good

John Culshaw - impersonator, very good

Any suggestions doctor - A doctor who based improvision, very good

Six chick Flicks, two women doing comedy about sic chick flicks, very good

Edited by H2

Was going to go to the Ian Dale show with Ian Blackford.  Whether I can keep my mouth shut is another matter, when Dale opens his mouth.

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Was going to go to the Ian Dale show with Ian Blackford.  Whether I can keep my mouth shut is another matter, when Dale opens his mouth.

Ask him why he tried to kick Joanna Cherry out of the SNP.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Ask him why he tried to kick Joanna Cherry out of the SNP.

Dale?

::troll::