• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Sooperstar

• H2

• The new West End

The Ladybirds of Bathgate were a right hoot a few years ago.

If their anal contents haven't dropped yet it should be good again.

1 hour ago, Disser Pointon said:

Jason Byrne every year, love him. Probably also Ed Byrne.

Snap, seen him every year for god knows how long. Anything else will be spur of the moment. 

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Padrona della casa said:

If you like female stand up comics then see Suzi Maccabe who was excellent last year.

Bigoted cow.

6 hours ago, Padrona della casa said:

If you like female stand up comics then see Suzi Maccabe who was excellent last year.

Oxymoron surely ? 

ooh-aah-cantona

I’m off to see Adam Rowe at the Monkey Barrel Comedy Club (Blair Street) on Friday @ 21:55. He’s co-host of Have A Word comedy podcast and a lot of their ex guests will be up here with their own stand up shows.

I’m also off to see Gilmerton comic Connor Burns just up from the Pleasance (Nucleus) at 21:45 on Saturday.

I’d definitely recommend both if you get the chance having seen them both before.

Finally, I’ll give a mention to Hearts supporting comedian Richard Cobb, who’s playing a Free/Pay What You Can show most nights at 19:25 at the City Cafe. I’ll be hoping to get along at some point in the next week.

Edited by ooh-aah-cantona

Richardcobb

Hi everyone. I’m maybe a bit Marmite on here but I’m up doing my first hour at the Fringe this year with my show ‘Couple’s Massage.’ Would be amazing to see some fellow Hearts fans there. I handed out my first flyer to Neil McCann yesterday which I’m hoping is a solid omen for the month ahead!

It’s at the City Cafe (nineties room) from 3rd-27th (not 14th or 22nd) at 19:25 and it’s Pay what you can tickets from £2.50 in advance or donation (if you enjoyed it) at the end. Tickets

IMG_7593.jpeg

IMG_7594.jpeg

Edited by Richardcobb

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Richardcobb said:

Hi everyone. I’m maybe a bit Marmite on here but I’m up doing my first hour at the Fringe this year with my show ‘Couple’s Massage.’ Would be amazing to see some fellow Hearts fans there. I handed out my first flyer to Neil McCann yesterday which I’m hoping is a solid omen for the month ahead!

It’s at the City Cafe from 3rd-27th (not 14th or 22nd) at 19:25 and it’s Pay what you can tickets from £2.50 in advance or donation (if you enjoyed it) at the end. Tickets

IMG_7593.jpeg

IMG_7594.jpeg

Good luck man that takes some nerts

JudyJudyJudy

I tend to just walk about and see what takes my fancy . Jack Slipper is very funny so might try see him . 

“ Madam butterfly “ On Friday night at west end . 

That horrendous c.*** Janey Godley is actually got the brass neck to do a “ show” it’ll be her usual brand of “ comedy “ ie load of shite . Truly vile thing . 

9 hours ago, Padrona della casa said:

Haha you should have your own comedy show if you think such a thing exists :)

The only one close to being funny is Nikki Glaser.

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And going a talk from Joanna cherry next week so looking forward to that .

Oooo just got a very good email from

“the  stand “ who are hosting JC basically stating anyone attempting to disrupt the show will be launched out of the venue . What a difference from Edinburgh uni when that mob who stopped me and hundreds others attending a film . Great to see !! 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Joan rivers was hysterical on stage . Liked her until she made horrendous 

comments about dead Palestine’s ! She died a week later 

Lord Montpelier

Going to see a few on Friday (Culshaw, Boyle, Skinner) and a couple plays. Would like to see the Bobby Walker one but can't see me fitting it in this year. 

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Eddie Izzard?

On 01/08/2023 at 23:03, Seaside Dave said:

Go see paddy McDonnell comedian from northern Ireland if you get the chance. 

Went to see Paddy McDonnell, a comedian from Northern Ireland, tonight. Would not recommend. 

16 hours ago, Disser Pointon said:

Jason Byrne every year, love him. Probably also Ed Byrne.

Crowd of us going on Friday night. Always a guaranteed laugh with Jason Byrne. 

Watched Paddy McDonnel and Mark Watson last night.

As per earlier comment in the thread I would not recommend PM. I'd give him a generous 5/10. 

Mark Watson was really good. Laughed all the way through. Not rolling around the aisles, but he was consistently funny. 8/10.

Went to see Tony (The Rock Musical) - (written by Harry Hill) at the EICC last night. It was very good. Not sure if Tory B-liar, would be too impressed!

The new West End
On 02/08/2023 at 11:23, Richardcobb said:

It’s at the City Cafe (nineties room) from 3rd-27th (not 14th or 22nd) at 19:25 and it’s Pay what you can tickets from £2.50 in advance or donation (if you enjoyed it) at the end. Tickets

IMG_7593.jpeg

IMG_7594.jpeg

Will definitely pop up

Good luck

Fitzroy Pointon
On 02/08/2023 at 03:18, Padrona della casa said:

A Glaswegian female. 

I'm sure that will go down well in this place. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

Anybody with kids take them to see Mario Maker magician at George Square.Wa there yesterday absolutely outstanding my wee ones were pushing themselves laughing the whole show.Even got on the stage to help out with a trick.

JudyJudyJudy

Boo hoo , the sense of entitlement is strong in this one . Probably her friends gave her false praise ? Reminds me when an ex finally got a booking at the  Stand . I went along to support him . He was a so called stand up comedian ! It went down like a lead balloon . He asked me how I felt it went ? Me being brutally honest said “ maybe best sticking to student venues darling”? 

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2023/aug/03/georgie-grier-offered-support-after-one-person-attends-her-edinburgh-show?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3BGDuOJYF5VtltQYYFuiLon2YQBWIL81_tvc-DF7qxdpBuoWQcN1vsOPY_aem_AVofJN4Xtx3sWnZSkcJrCCRLO24Eg6H3BW62aWgogrUhEX0JNxitrAuaCatTyzuVVzw#Echobox=1691129395

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Anybody with kids take them to see Mario Maker magician at George Square.Wa there yesterday absolutely outstanding my wee ones were pushing themselves laughing the whole show.Even got on the stage to help out with a trick.

Oh thanks I’m off out with my Neice and her wee yins next week so

might consider this 👍

Fitzroy Pointon
13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Boo hoo , the sense of entitlement is strong in this one . Probably her friends gave her false praise ? Reminds me when an ex finally got a booking at the  Stand . I went along to support him . He was a so called stand up comedian ! It went down like a lead balloon . He asked me how I felt it went ? Me being brutally honest said “ maybe best sticking to student venues darling”? 

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2023/aug/03/georgie-grier-offered-support-after-one-person-attends-her-edinburgh-show?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3BGDuOJYF5VtltQYYFuiLon2YQBWIL81_tvc-DF7qxdpBuoWQcN1vsOPY_aem_AVofJN4Xtx3sWnZSkcJrCCRLO24Eg6H3BW62aWgogrUhEX0JNxitrAuaCatTyzuVVzw#Echobox=1691129395

Attention-seeking will definitely drum up an audience for her. What did she expect to happen when she posted that? An audience of people who are there out of pity? 

Imagine one of the greats like the Big Yin doing that years ago. 

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Attention-seeking will definitely drum up an audience for her. What did she expect to happen when she posted that? An audience of people who are there out of pity? 

Imagine one of the greats like the Big Yin doing that years ago. 

I know !!! It’s pathetic . It really is . She needs to grow a set . 

5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I know !!! It’s pathetic . It really is . She needs to grow a set

🤔 A set of what, do you have in mind?

Anyway - that's my Fringe done and dusted for the year.

Stand Comedy Club on Monday for a Scottish comics preview.

Some good, some less so. And some not very Scottish!

Scottish Storytelling Centre: Me, Myself and Mary - Marjolein Robertson.
Second time I've seen it and had forgotten just how poignant the ending was. A good few chuckles in amongst it.

Hearts 1874 Bar and Museum: Never Trouble Trouble (Till Trouble Troubles You) - The Bobby Walker story

Thoroughly enjoyed it (as did an Aberdeen fan in our company - though he did need some of the in-jokes explained :lol: ). A warts-and-all telling of Bobby Walker's life in a (for me) novel and interesting format. And plenty of Hibee slagging.

45 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh thanks I’m off out with my Neice and her wee yins next week so

might consider this 👍

He only does a morning show think it started about 10:50.Honestly it was really good.Try to get in first as that's how our two were asked if they would like to help out with a trick later in the show.Mine didn't want to but my nephew did but my one still got up on stage later in the show.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He only does a morning show think it started about 10:50.Honestly it was really good.Try to get in first as that's how our two were asked if they would like to help out with a trick later in the show.Mine didn't want to but my nephew did but my one still got up on stage later in the show.

Thanks . 👍

On 02/08/2023 at 12:23, Richardcobb said:

IMG_7593.jpeg

IMG_7594.jpeg

Knock 'em dead, once they're ticketing transaction has cleared (obviously)

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Anyway - that's my Fringe done and dusted for the year.

Scottish Storytelling Centre: Me, Myself and Mary - Marjolein Robertson.
Second time I've seen it and had forgotten just how poignant the ending was. A good few chuckles in amongst it.

This sounds like a good review. I'm going to see her standup show 'Marj' on Sunday but I've never seen her before so not sure what to expect. 

Shooter McGavin
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Such a first world problem eh, there’s folk out there who are barely able to survive right now ffs…

:facepalm:

I’ve been to a fringe show were there were more comedians on stage than in the crowd, is certainly an awkward feeling.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Such a first world problem eh, there’s folk out there who are barely able to survive right now ffs…

:facepalm:

I’ve been to a fringe show were there were more comedians on stage than in the crowd, is certainly an awkward feeling.

Yes,  I am struggling to have any sympathy for her at all.  Yes ive had more of a laugh with mates in the pub really. :) 

Seaside Dave
On 02/08/2023 at 23:05, Sooperstar said:

Went to see Paddy McDonnell, a comedian from Northern Ireland, tonight. Would not recommend. 

Why you not like him ? 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Because he wasn't very funny. 

Pretty reasonable reason I’d say