Reality Check Please..........

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

Let's not forget we were bottom 6 last season and totally deserved to be.

OK - we have a new manager thats a start - where is his assistant? The Bulgarian and Toly for me can get tae.....

We have reduced the player pool with some guys moving on.......presently NO signings and if any come in what quality will they be. Therefore how can we expect to improve sufficiently enough to be challenging at the top half of the table.

Now I am not trying to be over negative just realistic - I really do wish Csaba all the luck in the world because he will need it, believe me.

Romanov really needs to get his finger out, quickly - but like the thousands of non-renewers who have made their point known, have no confidence in this ring master.

OK - we have a new manager thats a start - where is his assistant? The Bulgarian and Toly for me can get tae.....

We have reduced the player pool with some guys moving on.......presently NO signings and if any come in what quality will they be. Therefore how can we expect to improve sufficiently enough to be challenging at the top half of the table.

Now I am not trying to be over negative just realistic - I really do wish Csaba all the luck in the world because he will need it, believe me.

Romanov really needs to get his finger out, quickly - but like the thousands of non-renewers who have made their point known, have no confidence in this ring master.

And his cheque book for that matter!

Guest Maroon Carpet

Ok, I agree these players are mince, but usually a new manager can get the players wound up, this appears not to be happening, or else they would have played much better.

Why is "realism" always so ...negative?

We still have better players than any other non-OF team. What we have not had for 2 years is a team. Instead we've had a bunch of individuals. A manager with the powers of a manager is the first step towards moulding our players into a team.

Chad Sexington
Ok, I agree these players are mince, but usually a new manager can get the players wound up, this appears not to be happening, or else they would have played much better.

Oh be quiet.

You were crying like a wee lassie when we drew with Glentoran. Now you're having a pop at Csaba.

You obviously know nothing about football.

Clerry Jambo
Because he owes us that eh?

No quiet sure what you mean by that but I will guess you are saying he has put enough dosh into the club already.

Yes he has.......... BUT if he had let a Manager, manage, the footballing side of things he would'nt have wasted hundreds of thousands of pounds on wages on sub standard employees:rolleyes:

Guest Maroon Carpet
Oh be quiet.

You were crying like a wee lassie when we drew with Glentoran. Now you're having a pop at Csaba.

You obviously know nothing about football.

Simmer down young man, and respect other members on here.

It was a simple observation, so don't get your knickers in a twist, I am not prepared to get banned because of someone like you.

And by the way, you know nothing about football as we actually lost on penalties.

:rolleyes:

Chad Sexington
Simmer down young man, and respect other members on here.

It was a simple observation, so don't get your knickers in a twist, I am not prepared to get banned because of someone like you.

And by the way, you know nothing about football as we actaually lost on penalties.

:rolleyes:

Oh dear God.

Give me strength.

:sad:

Dirk Diggler
No quiet sure what you mean by that but I will guess you are saying he has put enough dosh into the club already.

Yes he has.......... BUT if he had let a Manager, manage, the footballing side of things he would'nt have wasted hundreds of thousands of pounds on wages on sub standard employees:rolleyes:

But he hasn't.

If I had put 6 different numbers on the lottery at the weekend, I wouldn't be on here now. :rolleyes:

Should he now put the club further in debt by allowing a manager to rectify things?

I thought the debt level was a huge issue on here?

Are we trying to correct it, Or is it a problem?

Clerry Jambo

We still have better players than any other non-OF team. What we have not had for 2 years is a team. Instead we've had a bunch of individuals. A manager with the powers of a manager is the first step towards moulding our players into a team.

Sorry Chief that is absolute bollocks - I would like to know your reasons behind that statement, truthfully!

Im obsessed with bringing Russell Anderson to the club.

:rofl:

That was a "Brick Tamland" moment!!!! "I don't know why we are shouting!!!!"

As for the thread, I can never fathom how excited people get at friendlies.

If the result goes badly (today) we are awful, if the result goes well (beating teams like Manchester United) we are World beaters. Neither is true, I would rather we lost friendlies six nothing and let Laszlo see who is rubbish and who is worth a game.

Sorry Chief that is absolute bollocks - I would like to know your reasons behind that statement, truthfully!

Feel free to dispute it if you like. The way to do it is to list all the teams with better squads.

Guest Maroon Carpet
Oh dear God.

Give me strength.

:sad:

How long did it take you to think that one up, lol

:dozey:

Clerry Jambo
But he hasn't.

If I had put 6 different numbers on the lottery at the weekend, I wouldn't be on here now. :rolleyes:

Should he now put the club further in debt by allowing a manager to rectify things?

I thought the debt level was a huge issue on here?

Are we trying to correct it, Or is it a problem?

Ofcourse the debt is an issue - But there are still lots of decent players out there who would improve our squad without paying transfer fees or ridiculous high wages that we can't afford.

Before you ask, No I won't name them, that's up to the Manager.................or Vladimir:rolleyes:

Feel free to dispute it if you like. The way to do it is to list all the teams with better squads.

Dundee Utd and Motherwell undeniably have better squads than us. Others are debatable, but there's really no way that I can understand anyone ever thinking that we have a better squad than those two.

gowestjambo

We have imo currently the worst players in the SPL, I exclude Hamilton - but then they are probably better than our current lot!

Because he owes us that eh?

IMO he does. He has systematically broken down what was arguably our most successful team in recent years. Selling our quality players (for substantial sums) and replacing them with sub-standard dross from Kaunas. How much of the cash from the sale of Gordon/Hartley etc has been re-invested in the team (and I mean bringing in quality players not paying the ludricrous wage bills)?

Time to splash the cash

Dundee Utd and Motherwell undeniably have better squads than us. Others are debatable, but there's really no way that I can understand anyone ever thinking that we have a better squad than those two.

I doubt I could name 11 DUFC players and as for Motherwell, I genuinely didn't think they were that good last season. They didn't dominate Hearts even once. We just contrived to throw games against them with stupid formations, tactics and individual errors, much like we did on many occasions. Thus my comment about Hearts being a bunch of individuals not a team.

We have imo currently the worst players in the SPL, I exclude Hamilton - but then they are probably better than our current lot!

That is as far from the truth as Spellczech's statement IMO.

We have a squad that is nowhere near good enough for the top three or four but it is not the worst in the league.

I doubt I could name 11 DUFC players and as for Motherwell, I genuinely didn't think they were that good last season. They didn't dominate Hearts even once. We just contrived to throw games against them with stupid formations, tactics and individual errors, much like we did on many occasions. Thus my comment about Hearts being a bunch of individuals not a team.

That will be it then, you don't know their names so they MUST be rubbish!:rolleyes:

Do you really think that their fans could name eleven Hearts players?

Our strikers wouldn't stand favourable comparison with any SPL club. Our defence is, at best, average. Berra's the only one there who would improve most squads. In midfield, there's Kingston if he pulled the finger out and Driver - who, like Berra, is hardly exactly a superstar.

Outside of that, who do you think that any other SPL club would be in for if they were put up for sale tomorrow?

Clerry Jambo

The best way I could put it is Banks, Berra and Kingston, possibly Driver could probably walk into most NON-OF squads...that is 4 players:o from our squad of christ knows how many!!!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts SpellChech

Dirk Diggler
Ofcourse the debt is an issue - But there are still lots of decent players out there who would improve our squad without paying transfer fees or ridiculous high wages that we can't afford.

There always are though mate, When JJ got his SMG money, how many of the fans would have thought of spending 500k of it on Petric?

Fact of the matter is we are unlikely to be signing any players ala Flood/Kerr/Nicholson/etc etc (yes I'm aware they are all now signed on with clubs)

I learned to deal with that a while back, It didn't then, and still doesn't upset me.

We, the fans are experts, always have been, always will be.

Dirk Diggler
IMO he does. He has systematically broken down what was arguably our most successful team in recent years. Selling our quality players (for substantial sums) and replacing them with sub-standard dross from Kaunas. How much of the cash from the sale of Gordon/Hartley etc has been re-invested in the team (and I mean bringing in quality players not paying the ludricrous wage bills)?

Time to splash the cash

Who gave us that successful team?

Our biggest problem (now that the manager fiasco has been sorted) is that our squad is full of gutless wonders who are not prepared to go that extra mile for the team.

I'd like to see the squad absolutely gutted.

That will be it then, you don't know their names so they MUST be rubbish!:rolleyes:

Not at all. You missed the point entirely.

They are a far better unit than us but our players are more talented individuals, but they are not currently a team. The DUFC team is greater than the sum of its parts. Levein's Hearts team was similar to his current DUFC team in that way. The difference is the manager or lack of in Hearts case last season( and the one before..).

Referee Dougie McDonald, no wonder we lost:hobofish:

Could just be that's who was getting booed

Good post, IMHO.

Clearing out some of the dross will be a yardstick as to our short/medium term plans.

Dirk Diggler
Could just be that's who was getting booed

hola!

I would like to think so, unfortunately I doubt it.

gowestjambo
That is as far from the truth as Spellczech's statement IMO.

We have a squad that is nowhere near good enough for the top three or four but it is not the worst in the league.

OK well time will tell, if we dont sign any new players we can judge pretty quickly.....

now how did the current squad finish the season....?

defeat to Gretna......? I rest my case....!

Not at all. You missed the point entirely.

They are a far better unit than us but our players are more talented individuals, but they are not currently a team. The DUFC team is greater than the sum of its parts. Levein's Hearts team was similar to his current DUFC team in that way. The difference is the manager or lack of in Hearts case last season( and the one before..).

No I did not miss the point, I got it loud and clear.

As for your second paragraph, that is closer to the truth. As for our "more talented individuals", I would suggest that Berra, Jonsson, Kingston and Glen would possibly be included in that. Just in case you are not sure, four players is not a squad. The comment I highlighted was in response to an opinion about Dundee United's squad. The post above seems to reinforce the opinion that was expressed by Makween; well done.

Commander Harris

it's going to take a lot longer than a week to fix the mess we're in. we can't rush to judgement too early.

Dirk Diggler

How many of the players who played against Gretna managed to beat the league champions in their own back yard.

Your point is gash.

I rest my case.

OK well time will tell, if we dont sign any new players we can judge pretty quickly.....

now how did the current squad finish the season....?

Your case rests on one game?

I remember Hearts beating a R@ng*rs team on the last day of the season as they had won the league, does that mean that we were the best in the league then?

Having said that, you also refer to where we finished last season, we finished eighth. Given we finished eighth, and you base so much on last season's squad, how many teams (twelve team league btw ;) ) were worse than us?

The best way I could put it is Banks, Berra and Kingston, possibly Driver could probably walk into most NON-OF squads...that is 4 players:o from our squad of christ knows how many!!!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts SpellChech

You missed out Palazuelos and Jonsson - all non-OF teams would take one or other of them (not both admittedly). Many teams would like Glen I'm sure. The OF seem to have an interest in Wallace so surely he'd be wanted by non-OF SPL teams? Many fans of other teams that I speak to rate Miko - with his improved attitude and decent management he would be a player.

Add those to the 4 you listed and you have the best part of a team.

Clerry Jambo
Our biggest problem (now that the manager fiasco has been sorted) is that our squad is full of gutless wonders who are not prepared to go that extra mile for the team.

That is the bottom line mate but despite having not enough time before the season starts it won't happen, and that's why I really fear minimal improvement if any next season:mad:

Im obsessed with bringing Russell Anderson to the club.

Why ?? Totally overated IMO and very injury prone, I would personally like to get an experienced leader in the centre of the defence to bring Berra along, but hey ho what do I know know, we need a leader, Mad Vlad. the rest is up to you.

gowestjambo
How many of the players who played against Gretna managed to beat the league champions in their own back yard.

Your point is gash.

I rest my case.

Ah..new guise same rubbish............

Sorry I bow to your superior knowledge, the team are champions in disguise - a bit like the boomtown rat!!

No I did not miss the point, I got it loud and clear.

As for your second paragraph, that is closer to the truth. As for our "more talented individuals", I would suggest that Berra, Jonsson, Kingston and Glen would possibly be included in that. Just in case you are not sure, four players is not a squad. The comment I highlighted was in response to an opinion about Dundee United's squad. The post above seems to reinforce the opinion that was expressed by Makween; well done.

Nope. It reinforced my comment in post #5, which preceded Makween's post.

Guess you missed that point too...

youve hit the nail right on the head.:mad:

Dirk Diggler
Ah..new guise same rubbish............

Sorry I bow to your superior knowledge, the team are champions in disguise - a bit like the boomtown rat!!

So what is it?

Are we basing the ability of the squad on one result (like you attempted to do) or are we petty point scoring?

Or are we just moving the goalposts to suit your argument?

I'm easy with either.

The morale at the club must be extremely low at the moment.

The players will have seen the shenanigans and ****ing-off of Frail and that must have left a nasty taste with the squad.

If the powers that be can treat a club stalwart in such a manner then the players must be looking no further ahead than the next day.

There have been numerous rumours about the players getting shafted with reduced contracts, et al. The current goings-on hardly makes for a harmonious workplace.

gowestjambo
So what is it?

Are we basing the ability of the squad on one result (like you attempted to do) or are we petty point scoring?

Or are we just moving the goalposts to suit your argument?

I'm easy with either.

I'm basing the ability of our squad on how the team played towards the end of the season, losing 3 to the other bottom 6 teams! You may not have noticed how the team performed last year!

I dont need to move the goalposts, the current squad are unable to beat either Gretna, Glentoran or Dunfermline, if you are happy with that then I am pleased for you, and I already know you are easy........

Archived