Reality Check Please..........

Clerry Jambo

Like the OP, I would at least like Angel to be punted as far back in to eastern europe as possible

They guy is bad news and I don't much care what anyone says we are basically playing the same pish poor system as last season, leaving the concern that he still has unduly high influence

The players plainly dont like him and his return cant have been overly motivational.

If Csaba is to get any kind of autonomy we should start seeing new signings from next week. No manager worth his salt would want the season to start without his identified need for signings to be implemented.

It is early doors but we do need to see some signs of progression one way or another as this week goes on (that is if things really have changed)

Dirk Diggler
I'm basing the ability of our squad on how the team played towards the end of the season, losing 3 to the other bottom 6 teams! You may not have noticed how the team performed last year!

I dont need to move the goalposts, the current squad are unable to beat either Gretna, Glentoran or Dunfermline, if you are happy with that then I am pleased for you, and I already know you are easy........

I did notice, I was there, you were no doubt backing the other teams.

:o

Like I said earlier (Since it's been ascertained we're getting personal:eek:), a move out of Motherwell and a job that pays at least the minimum wage would do you the world of good.

gowestjambo
I did notice, I was there, you were no doubt backing the other teams.

:o

Like I said earlier (Since it's been ascertained we're getting personal:eek:), a move out of Motherwell and a job that pays at least the minimum wage would do you the world of good.

I have no wish to get personal with you under any circumstances, and as for the minimum wage - if this is how bitter it makes you, then I have no wish to find out any further thanks very much! As for where I choose to live perhaps a move might help enlighten your stereotypical views..!

Dirk Diggler
I have no wish to get personal with you under any circumstances, and as for the minimum wage - if this is how bitter it makes you, then I have no wish to find out any further thanks very much! As for where I choose to live perhaps a move might help enlighten your stereotypical views..!

So you have a job?

keep on those 'sure things'

:sad:

:)

Ok, I agree these players are mince, but usually a new manager can get the players wound up, this appears not to be happening, or else they would have played much better.

Come on give the guy a chance he has only been here since last Friday and he is just putting all his players out there to see what they can do.

Everyone knows we need two quality strikers minimum before the season starts and that would certainly help.

He will continue to experiment with what we have got surely that is what pre-season games are all about other than gaining match fitness.

He tinkered with the formation a bit tonight for the second half and it made a difference as we looked better but then that would not have been difficult after that first half showing.

I thought all of the Lithuanian players were unbelievably bad apart from the first five minutes from Cesnauskas.

The morale at the club must be extremely low at the moment.

The players will have seen the shenanigans and ****ing-off of Frail and that must have left a nasty taste with the squad.

If the powers that be can treat a club stalwart in such a manner then the players must be looking no further ahead than the next day.

There have been numerous rumours about the players getting shafted with reduced contracts, et al. The current goings-on hardly makes for a harmonious workplace.

The morale may be low with the squad at the moment, because now they actually have to work. They won't get let off with mediocrity, like they did with Frail, because he's their pal.

For the past two years, the players have had things extremely easy. Don't bother trying a leg on the pitch and they can just blame it on the managerial situation.

Personally I'd be happy if we emptied 95% of the first team squad because their 'efforts' for the past two years have been a joke.

gowestjambo
So you have a job?

keep on those 'sure things'

:sad:

Brilliant deduction, how you figure out these things really amazes me! no doubt some employer will some day be taken in by your dazzling wit and breadth of knowledge! It is a "sure thing"!

Dirk Diggler
And who took it away?

Would you have rather never had the weekend of 13th may 2006?

Personally, I loved every minute of it.

:P

Dirk Diggler
Brilliant deduction, how you figure out these things really amazes me! no doubt some employer will some day be taken in by your dazzling wit and breadth of knowledge! It is a "sure thing"!

Most likely. :Agree:

I'm happy where I am for the time being however.

Just like you.:eek:

Adios.

Miller Jambo 60
No we don't.

I left at half time what a load of kak.

And waited 35 mins for a train.

Thanks you lazy gits

hinksikensi

hi there people im just new on here so not looking to step on peoples toes! for what its worth would just like to say that i, like probably most hearts fans, are very grateful to Vlad for buying out the pieman. But with each passing week for last 12 -18 months im becoming increasingly disillusioned at where we are heading. Sadly we have no alternative. Anyway, lets hope we can make top six this season because as we all know that is the very least this great club demands.

The morale may be low with the squad at the moment, because now they actually have to work. They won't get let off with mediocrity, like they did with Frail, because he's their pal.

For the past two years, the players have had things extremely easy. Don't bother trying a leg on the pitch and they can just blame it on the managerial situation.

Personally I'd be happy if we emptied 95% of the first team squad because their 'efforts' for the past two years have been a joke.

I'm still looking for signs that things have changed significantly:

- capitalising losses - not a bad thing for Hearts, but not hugely significant

- VR interview - still the same ramblings on about loyalty, mafia etc - doesn't appear to have changed in the slightest (though I think he questioned the stadium viability)

- Lazlo appointment - a manager none of us had heard of, I doubt who was in demand, never had a transfer budget in his career I think, mistakes in the managerial record provided by Hearts, not given 'full responsibility for first team' on the introduce the manager statement, usual wranglings over contracts - but he has been saying some of the right things - talk is cheap of course

- no experience of top flight British football on the coaching staff

- none of the not up to standard players from last season have yet been cleared out - same formation as last year in the first 2 games (too early to judge Lazlo on this of course but a sign perhaps that VR/Korobotcha/Chernenkov are still running things)

I'm still looking for signs that things have changed significantly:

- capitalising losses - not a bad thing for Hearts, but not hugely significant

- VR interview - still the same ramblings on about loyalty, mafia etc - doesn't appear to have changed in the slightest (though I think he questioned the stadium viability)

- Lazlo appointment - a manager none of us had heard of, I doubt who was in demand, never had a transfer budget in his career I think, mistakes in the managerial record provided by Hearts, not given 'full responsibility for first team' on the introduce the manager statement, usual wranglings over contracts - but he has been saying some of the right things - talk is cheap of course

- no experience of top flight British football on the coaching staff

- none of the not up to standard players from last season have yet been cleared out - same formation as last year in the first 2 games (too early to judge Lazlo on this of course but a sign perhaps that VR/Korobotcha/Chernenkov are still running things)

Personally I don't think that is a bad thing. The traditional approach to football in Britain is very unprofessional. And things have not changed that much in the last decade - witness the overly familiar "Shaggy" with all his "I don't know what went wrongs" and "They just need confidence" comments when the team needed far more than just a confidence boost and he darned well ought to have seen what went wrong - they were not a team, just a bunch of players in the same clothes.

Guest JamboRobbo
Why is "realism" always so ...negative?

Cause we're the third biggest team in Scotland and are spending loads of money to finish bottom half of the table?

Only a couple of years ago, realism was extremely positive. Then we sacked Burley.

Guest JamboRobbo
I left at half time what a load of kak.

And waited 35 mins for a train.

Thanks you lazy gits

Thats why I didnae bother Doug - too much of that last year and sounds like you got the same last night.

Seymour M Hersh
Dundee Utd and Motherwell undeniably have better squads than us. Others are debatable, but there's really no way that I can understand anyone ever thinking that we have a better squad than those two.

I'm not sure they do. Their squads are very shallow in depth and a couple of injuries/suspensions would have them struggling. I'm not trying to suggest ours is overwhelmingly better but I think if we stacked up our best 18 (7 on the bench now?) it would compare favourably to all but the OF.

I'm not sure they do. Their squads are very shallow in depth and a couple of injuries/suspensions would have them struggling. I'm not trying to suggest ours is overwhelmingly better but I think if we stacked up our best 18 (7 on the bench now?) it would compare favourably to all but the OF.

Disagree. I think our squad is bigger but is average. Their squad's are smaller, but more motivated and better if they stay clear of injuries. Hopefully Laszlo can sort that though. He could really get rid of 7 or 8 and bring in 3 or 4 with better quality, and improve us a lot.

Drylaw Hearts

Utter tosh.

Drylaw Hearts
Thanks you'd be the right person to identify that.

Anyone who can read will be able to identify that.

"a squad that would compare favourably to all but the OF"

:rofl:

Do me a favour.

Seymour M Hersh
Anyone who can read will be able to identify that.

"a squad that would compare favourably to all but the OF"

Do me a favour.

Anyone who's read your posts you mean!

I stand by what I said. I think with proper coaching, tactics, leadership and motivation the current squad would stack up favourably. Having said that I want better players in and the drift wood out. Why is that so hard to understand/take on board? Rather than respond with utter tosh what chance is there is a constructive answer? And what chance you could name the 3 strikers I asked you to on another thread?:)

Drylaw Hearts
Anyone who's read your posts you mean!

I stand by what I said. I think with proper coaching, tactics, leadership and motivation the current squad would stack up favourably. Having said that I want better players in and the drift wood out. Why is that so hard to understand/take on board? Rather than respond with utter tosh what chance is there is a constructive answer?

The current squad is hopeless.

8th place in the SPL last Season proves that.

And the 2 games I've seen so far this Season further cements my opinion.

And what chance you could name the 3 strikers I asked you to on another thread?:)

First you accuse me of stalking you and now you're begging me to answer your posts !!

I just can't win.

I'll go and find the post in question SMH and answer it.

Seymour M Hersh
The current squad is hopeless.

8th place in the SPL last Season proves that.

And the 2 games I've seen so far this Season further cements my opinion.

First you accuse me of stalking you and now you're begging me to answer your posts !!

I just can't win.

I'll go and find the post in question SMH and answer it.

How much was that down to coaching methods (1st half) and tactical ineptness 2nd half?

Well you did seem so eager to respond to certain posts I was quite surprised when you didn't to that one. ;)

Despite coming 8th last season, i'd say we are better than that...marginally. I certainly don't buy into the 'best squad outwith the OF' argument any longer. At best, i'd say we have about the 5th best squad in the league.

Celtic (better)

Rangers (better)

Dundee utd (closer...but still better)

Aberdeen (better also)

Then you have the likes of Motherwell and Hibs, who really are there or thereabouts against our squad. Not a great deal to choose between them and us.

Korobochka should have been sacked in the summer. If Frail deserved to go, so did he. He resided over one of the worst Hearts teams in recent memory. I don't understand why he seems immune to the trigger finger from Vlad.

The only thing we have that is next 'outhwith the OF' is a ridiculous wage bill compared to the rest of the league...which makes having such a mediocre squad an even more bitter pill to swallow.

Let's not forget we were bottom 6 last season and totally deserved to be.

OK - we have a new manager thats a start - where is his assistant? The Bulgarian and Toly for me can get tae.....

We have reduced the player pool with some guys moving on.......presently NO signings and if any come in what quality will they be. Therefore how can we expect to improve sufficiently enough to be challenging at the top half of the table.

Now I am not trying to be over negative just realistic - I really do wish Csaba all the luck in the world because he will need it, believe me.

Romanov really needs to get his finger out, quickly - but like the thousands of non-renewers who have made their point known, have no confidence in this ring master.

I think we do have some decent players and there are some that Csaba could get more out of but that`s the problem. we shouldn`t tolerate mediocre players who need motivated to do better.

IMO, we have a decent centre midfield but our old probelms remain at right back, right mid, left back and upfront.

Gary Glen looks a prospect but is still largely unproven. He could do with an old head beside him.

Miko will always be sheeite and Chesney inconsistent so i`d look for a wide right player. Larry can play there but i like him in the middle.

I just hope in the short term Csaba can instill a more solid look about Hearts but i worry we have too many players who switch off early in games and i think this`ll be one of the main problems Csaba will have to rectify.

Drylaw Hearts
How much was that down to coaching methods (1st half) and tactical ineptness 2nd half?

Not as much as it was down to having a terrible squad of players.

Well you did seem so eager to respond to certain posts I was quite surprised when you didn't to that one. ;)

A genuine oversight SMH.

I personally think its a bit of a mixture

I think the current squad are better than they have shown. I think they have poorly coached, trained, motivated, disciplined since Valdas started season 2 under Romanov. That is some length of time for professional football players to go downhill

So I think the current squad motivated and well coached could do much better than last season

But Romanov has sold just about every bit of creativity from the squad and I think unless we added at least one striker, some creativity / goal scorer from midfield, our improvement will be limited to just being more difficult to beat. Lots of 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 type games. Kind of like an ICT (until the last 6 months of last season)

And I'm not really sure in the scheme of things the improvement of the couple of places that would bring would be worth it and something to build upon

I'm not interested in being a top six team unless we are actually challenging for europe.

To do so we need at least 3 better attacking players and good solid defender. To be favourites for 3rd I'd say we need to add another couple of signings to the mix

I think the current squad better trained would get into the top six IMO but this is a false measure of success in my book and is not something we should be aspiring to as a measure of success.

That was a "Brick Tamland" moment!!!! "I don't know why we are shouting!!!!"

As for the thread, I can never fathom how excited people get at friendlies.

If the result goes badly (today) we are awful, if the result goes well (beating teams like Manchester United) we are World beaters. Neither is true, I would rather we lost friendlies six nothing and let Laszlo see who is rubbish and who is worth a game.

I love lamp.

alwaysthereinspirit
Let's not forget we were bottom 6 last season and totally deserved to be.

OK - we have a new manager thats a start - where is his assistant? The Bulgarian and Toly for me can get tae.....

We have reduced the player pool with some guys moving on.......presently NO signings and if any come in what quality will they be. Therefore how can we expect to improve sufficiently enough to be challenging at the top half of the table.

Now I am not trying to be over negative just realistic - I really do wish Csaba all the luck in the world because he will need it, believe me.

Romanov really needs to get his finger out, quickly - but like the thousands of non-renewers who have made their point known, have no confidence in this ring master.

Is it possible that this year will be not much better than last year.

We have not exactly had a cull at Tynecastle. We still have most of the squad from last year. Shabba will need at least one full season to have any chance of turning things around.

Clerry Jambo
Is it possible that this year will be not much better than last year.

We have not exactly had a cull at Tynecastle. We still have most of the squad from last year. Shabba will need at least one full season to have any chance of turning things around.

I would like to think that Csaba will improve our performances and thereby league position, BUT as we stand at the moment IMHO this current squad will not get us challenging for 3rd place. IF we can get a couple of decent strikers in plus maybe a couple of full backs then yes we can challenge at the top end of the table. Over to you Vlad..............

Drylaw Hearts
Do you think he'll be afforded the 'one full season to turn things around'?

I hope he does get the time.

It's taken 2 years to drag us down to this level so Csaba should at least have the opportunity to build a squad of his own.

If they're not going to let him do that, it was a waste of time employing him.

He's got around 6 weeks left of this Transfer Window and another 4 weeks in January.

And he'll need every minute within those weeks to sort that squad out.

Korobochka should have been sacked in the summer. If Frail deserved to go, so did he. He resided over one of the worst Hearts teams in recent memory.

I don't understand why he seems immune to the trigger finger from Vlad.

Point 1 - Agree totally.

Point 2 - Because he's the one who reports back to Vlad what's been happening.

I hope he does get the time.

It's taken 2 years to drag us down to this level so Csaba should at least have the opportunity to build a squad of his own.

If they're not going to let him do that, it was a waste of time employing him.

He's got around 6 weeks left of this Transfer Window and another 4 weeks in January.

And he'll need every minute within those weeks to sort that squad out.

Fair enough.

Do you think he is good enough to turn things around?

Drylaw Hearts
Fair enough.

Pass.

He certainly says all the right things.

Wether he can transfer all these words into actions...........

Only time will tell.

Fair enough.

If I can answer; would say that he has no clear track record to give confidence that he can turn things round, even if he is given the opportunity to do so.

If I can answer; would say that he has no clear track record to give confidence that he can turn things round, even if he is given the opportunity to do so.

That's my opinion also.

We all live in hope though.

Seymour M Hersh
That's my opinion also.

We all live in hope though.

And what exactly do you hope for Flossie?

And what exactly do you hope for Flossie?

Seasons aims?

A cup win and Euro qualification - your standard aims for the season.

We all hope to win the league but realistically, the chances of it are slim and to hope for it is hoping against hope really.

Archived