Hearts Women - cup semi-final v Spartans at Hampden on Sunday

3fingersreid

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Not sure what your point is?

You're a hypocrite and should have been supporting a team that is self sufficient? 

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Came on to this thread again to look for news prior to tomorrow's game. Only to find it once again hijacked. 

A plea to the moderators: can we not just have a thread for those interested in Heart of Midlothian's women's team and send the other posters to the shed or somewhere.

maybe we should get a new board? 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Here's the deal

start your own thread about how you feel about the funding of the club's women's team.

leave this thread to us who want to be updated with scores, fixtures, etc.

Quite frankly you are a tiresome bore with your opinions.

Not just this thread.

@kingantti1874

I don’t care what you think

6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't think it's a negative, good luck to them. I just don't want any money that could've been spent on our first team and male youths being spent on the womens team. 

I had a wee dig but the point was Hearts women were always self sustaining no money was ever diverted , this news will not stop certain people being unhappy with Hearts being involved in women’s football period , there is a thin veil in some posts about the financial implications , they are the same (men?) that question why women come to games and support the team . I will be there tomorrow with my daughter hoping that she’s inspired to play the game and support hearts 

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, Homme said:

Complaining about subsidising a women's team when the mens team you support almost went to the wall spending money it didn't have and is still in receipt of donations from wealthy backers. 

If the wealthy backers are subsiding it ive no objections..

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Homme said:

You're a hypocrite and should have been supporting a team that is self sufficient? 

😂 irony alert.  Throwing around the word hypocritical when this thread is full of

MASSIVE and VOCAL supporter of hearts women who would never dream of going and are wetting their pants at the thought of being charged to watch it. 

kingantti1874

Instead of a top up, I’d be equally supportive of a ST discount for those promising not to go the women’s games.

as a starter 10% off would be fine.. my season ticket would therefore go from £500 to £450..

I how many of the hypocrites on this board  Would pass up the discount.. 0 to 10% I’m guessing..

All talk!! 

Anyone moaning about the women’s team getting funding don’t understand business. The reason we got so much was completely due to the fact we are building on the women’s side. If we hadn’t been doing that our sponsorship deal would have been significantly less. Thank god those people aren’t in charge at Tynie as we’d be doomed 

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂 irony alert.  Throwing around the word hypocritical when this thread is full of

MASSIVE and VOCAL supporter of hearts women who would never dream of going and are wetting their pants at the thought of being charged to watch it. 

Well I can only speak for myself but tomorrow's game will make it maybe a dozen hearts women games for my daughter and myself. 

Will be paying my entry fee too 👍

49 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Just not behind them enough to actually go to the game. I wonder why that is? 

So do I.

52 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I hope none of the women about to play the biggest game of their lives are reading this thread.  If any are, please ignore the dinosaurs.  The vast majority of Jambos will be right behind you.

This. It's embarrassing having folk that you rightly describe as dinosaurs in our support vis-à-vis our women's team.

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Just not behind them enough to actually go to the game. I wonder why that is? 

In Doug’s case, being from NZ is probably a mitigating factor.

I'm at Hearts training session right now for 8 and 9 year olds. 25% of them are girls. Girls who want to play football and be a part of Hearts. Just like the boys.

Hearts is a football club for all and I sincerely hope that girls and women's football as a part of the Club continues to grow.

The recent announcement about Umbro is a marker for future. The level of sponsorship is in part because of Hearts commitment to girls and women's football, not despite it.

55 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Came on to this thread again to look for news prior to tomorrow's game. Only to find it once again hijacked. 

A plea to the moderators: can we not just have a thread for those interested in Heart of Midlothian's women's team and send the other posters to the shed or somewhere.

I hope you have more luck than I. It’s being made barely readable by the existential debate. 

kingantti1874
25 minutes ago, Homme said:

Well I can only speak for myself but tomorrow's game will make it maybe a dozen hearts women games for my daughter and myself. 

Will be paying my entry fee too 👍

I have no issue with that, none whatsoever 

My mate was at a girls football trial at the Oriam yesterday where the biggest and strongest participant was a boy identifying as a girl, it was obvious he was a boy (short hair, nothing feminine about him), and I am pretty sure at that age they would not have had hormone therapy or a gender reassignment op.

Seems strange as they cannot do this at adult level and even at 12 years old the physical differences are beginning to develop.  Also, would you want your daughter, at that age in the changing room with a boy?  I know it's off topic, but is this really fair?  Would you want your daughter’s opportunities in girls football taken by someone who is still a boy in every sense of the word?

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

In Doug’s case, being from NZ is probably a mitigating factor.

And the Edinburgh area supporters?

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Homme said:

I've supported Hearts since I could walk. Was I suppose to stop supporting them because Romanov was overspending?

10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And the Edinburgh area supporters?

Obviously individual circumstances will dictate. What’s your point?

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just an update on tomorrow.

Hearts game as at 2pm. Originally Hamilton our challengers for the league were playing later. But all the games are now being played at 2pm. 

https://scotwomensfootball.com/league-competitions/swpl-2/#

Good , wasn’t comfortable with the staggered times 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Obviously individual circumstances will dictate. What’s your point?

That some of the ones championing the womens game aren't as big a fans of it as they make out. 

13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That some of the ones championing the womens game aren't as big a fans of it as they make out. 

Oh? Not seen that happen. I’ve seen plenty comments asking for people to stop being arseholes and ruining the thread, because they are trying to follow their process and can’t be arsed reading the same banal bullshit... 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Oh? Not seen that happen. I’ve seen plenty comments asking for people to stop being arseholes and ruining the thread, because they are trying to follow their process and can’t be arsed reading the same banal bullshit... 🤷‍♂️

It would certainly be nice to have one thread where we can follow the exploits of Hearts Women, and another where folk could debate whether and how they should exist. This thread is being diluted by those who can't appear to make just *one* point against the existence and/or funding of Hearts Women, but insist on coming on here again and again on a monotonous basis to express that point. It's classic spoiling tactics, and disrespectful to what is an integral part of the Hearts family.

But then again, I suppose I've just added to the existential debate.

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It would certainly be nice to have one thread where we can follow the exploits of Hearts Women, and another where folk could debate whether and how they should exist. This thread is being diluted by those who can't appear to make just *one* point against the existence and/or funding of Hearts Women, but insist on coming on here again and again on a monotonous basis to express that point. It's classic spoiling tactics, and disrespectful to what is an integral part of the Hearts family.

But then again, I suppose I've just added to the existential debate.

It’s your right to point out that their carry on is ruining your enjoyment and interest in the thread. I agree with you. 

2 hours ago, keifrb said:

My mate was at a girls football trial at the Oriam yesterday where the biggest and strongest participant was a boy identifying as a girl, it was obvious he was a boy (short hair, nothing feminine about him), and I am pretty sure at that age they would not have had hormone therapy or a gender reassignment op.

Seems strange as they cannot do this at adult level and even at 12 years old the physical differences are beginning to develop.  Also, would you want your daughter, at that age in the changing room with a boy?  I know it's off topic, but is this really fair?  Would you want your daughter’s opportunities in girls football taken by someone who is still a boy in every sense of the word?

That reflects the whole controversy. 

Accepting people is the way we are going and it's much easier in a team sport.. 

51 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Deep. 

Less than 23 hours to go. 

3 hours ago, Dunks said:

I'm at Hearts training session right now for 8 and 9 year olds. 25% of them are girls. Girls who want to play football and be a part of Hearts. Just like the boys.

Hearts is a football club for all and I sincerely hope that girls and women's football as a part of the Club continues to grow.

The recent announcement about Umbro is a marker for future. The level of sponsorship is in part because of Hearts commitment to girls and women's football, not despite it.

More on tomorrow before the game

51 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That reflects the whole controversy. 

Accepting people is the way we are going and it's much easier in a team sport.. 

I have no issue with accepting people the way they wish to present themselves as.  However, is it acceptable if your girls team gets beat by a team that has a male in it?  Would you be happy if your daughter was denied an opportunity in girls’ football as the place went to a boy?

5 hours ago, Dunks said:

No real difference to primary school teams where the boys and girls can play together  and often the girls that play are a little better than average 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m not sure why you find this so difficult.. I’ll set it out in bullets and see if it helps 

- I DO NOT object to hearts as a club having a women’s team

- I DO object to using MY money to pay for a different sport..
 - I DO NOT object to the club providing YOU, as a supporter the equal opportunity to fund it 
- If YOU want it YOU should pay the extra on your ST, tour match match day tickets or by buying tickets only for the women’s team.

it seems though your all talk as I suggested earlier 

PS - I opened the thread because I’m an equal opportunities man.. not a dinosaur who thinks the women are a charity case who can’t stand on their own 2 feet. 👍🏻

Do you feel the same for all the under age sides, all business areas and all the community projects we do, or just the women's football. 

For example, should we pull our children's sides until they are self funded, pull our  senior walking football sides, pull all our charity work? 

Should we pull  out of all our community work. 

Do we make folk pay extra or less for a St depending on what they want? 

Pay £50 extra  for the museum stc. 

Club shop, reserve side,the list is endless. 

Or is it just the  women's football side that should be charged extra? 

5 hours ago, keifrb said:

Feminism and SJWs at the crossroads. Be for women or be for trans people. Be for women or be handwringing on Islamism. It's a dilemma...

2 hours ago, keifrb said:

I have no issue with accepting people the way they wish to present themselves as.  However, is it acceptable if your girls team gets beat by a team that has a male in it?  Would you be happy if your daughter was denied an opportunity in girls’ football as the place went to a boy?

I don’t have girls but I could imagine being peeved if the girls’ team was beaten by one with a boy in it who identified as a girl. I would feel the same in any sport. 

can anyone think of any examples where someone with a gender reassignment has played their sport at a high level, in football or rugby for example?

on a previous comment about the changing room issue I suspect there’s an ‘arrangement’ in place.

8 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

would it not be better to have a separate section for Women’s football?

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Do you feel the same for all the under age sides, all business areas and all the community projects we do, or just the women's football. 

For example, should we pull our children's sides until they are self funded, pull our  senior walking football sides, pull all our charity work? 

Should we pull  out of all our community work. 

Do we make folk pay extra or less for a St depending on what they want? 

Pay £50 extra  for the museum stc. 

Club shop, reserve side,the list is endless. 

Or is it just the  women's football side that should be charged extra? 

asked and answered - back a page or 2 👍🏻

16 minutes ago, adso7 said:

Back on topic, is the situation that a win tomorrow wins the league? 2pm kick off at Tynecastle?

A draw or a win, we're equal on points but have a better goal difference IIRC

Hearts really seem to be pulling out all the stops here.  Major sponsorship announcement and a match programme.

If my app is accurate, the weather forecast is good. 

Really hope they get a good support and win of course.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

A draw or a win, we're equal on points but have a better goal difference IIRC

3 points ahead, inferior goal difference to 2nd.

10 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've supported Hearts since I could walk. Was I suppose to stop supporting them because Romanov was overspending?

It sounds like you support the male players rather than Heart of Midlothian football club.

16 minutes ago, naeclue said:

If we bed up second is there a play off?

Nope , 1st place only goes up , next year there are play offs 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - cup semi-final v Spartans at Hampden on Sunday