• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Didn’t realise the keeper is only 15

Wow I had no idea.

For such a young team they did well - certainly enough to show we are moving in the right direction. 

28 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So it was your fault. One incident in second half saw her catch ball, stand for about 10 seconds and then fall forwards.

Definite improvement, so if we can survive the season, things looking up.

15 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Definitely taking the piss by the length of time she took before deciding to fall to the ground with the ball.

Should've been booked for it

It was somewhat exaggerated and very frustrating 😡😡

wished I’d kept my gob shut 😡😡😡

It's definitely improved more technically.    Some improved signings helped.    I liked numbers 7, 12, 10 for their positional control, effort, ability.    Shame 7 went off injured and the penalty missed.    It would have been a draw or win I still feel. 

I liked the link-ups through passing and moving.   That's their strength.   Good formation 4-1-2-1-2.   A diamond midfield.    The number 12 came on into the DM posion and done very well.   7 great composure, confidence, dribbling, one touch passes from the right wing.   Number 10 had to take that role over from the center after 7's injury. 

Good family, sociable atmosphere.   Good for the kids to watch and enjoy the stadium around the Christmas season.   Less hostile, might encourage kids to football more.   It's about fun. 

Was funny hearing a bunch of kids shouting for hibs from the Roseburn then got bored so started shouting come on hearts. 

I might goto another game if it is  winnable but won't bother if it's the top three clubs. 

Not directly related to Hearts women but I see in the BBC gossip column today that the SWPL are in talks with Neil Doncaster. It would put Doncaster in charge of finding the women's game revenue. Obviously they've not been paying close enough attention to the men's game to realise the guy is a donkey! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59717529

Scotland's top-10 women's football clubs will hold a Zoom call on Monday with Scottish Professional Football League chief executive Neil Doncaster in a meeting that could lead to the current men's governing body overseeing SWPL1 and becoming responsible for attracting future revenue. (The Herald On Sunday)

• 3 weeks later...

Dunno why hearts main page didn't promote this so away fans could attend. Not been to a game since 18th December. Next game is 2 weeks away in the Cup 

3fingersreid
19 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Dunno why hearts main page didn't promote this so away fans could attend. Not been to a game since 18th December. Next game is 2 weeks away in the Cup 

Home game next Sunday at the oriam.

Be glad you’re not through here , not very nice for standing about watching a game of football 

46EF5BB0-1ACD-481E-93ED-2D0BA111EBC0.jpeg

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts Women - updates
Ford Prentice

Happy with the draw for next round. Home draw which we'll hopefully win plus uglies drawn against each other. 

Edinburgh City or Celtic v Rangers

Partick Thistle v Boroughmuir Thistle

Glasgow Women or Aberdeen v Spartans

Hearts v Westdyke or Dundee United

Livingston or Montrose v Dryburgh Athletic or Kilmarnock

Glasgow City v Hamilton Academical

St Johnstone or Hibernian v Gartcairn

Stirling University v Sutherland or Falkirk

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Ford Prentice said:

Happy with the draw for next round. Home draw which we'll hopefully win plus uglies drawn against each other. 

Edinburgh City or Celtic v Rangers

Partick Thistle v Boroughmuir Thistle

Glasgow Women or Aberdeen v Spartans

Hearts v Westdyke or Dundee United

Livingston or Montrose v Dryburgh Athletic or Kilmarnock

Glasgow City v Hamilton Academical

St Johnstone or Hibernian v Gartcairn

Stirling University v Sutherland or Falkirk

Dundee United are cruising at the top of SWPL 2 (played 10, won 9, drawn 1). Unlikely to be a push over. 

Tough lesson today losing 5-0 against rangers( who should go onto win the league ) . Very poor first half somewhat better 2nd half .

hamilton and aberdeen lost so nothing changes in terms of positions ( still awaiting the motherwell/partick result as I post) although hamilton only lost a late goal to glasgow city 

A wee reminder that the women are playing at the Oriam today at 2pm .

Need to win this one . 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

6 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Well that was pish gubbed 0-4 .

Moved up a place!

Just a poor day at the office? Daft mistakes? 

scott herbertson
9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Moved up a place!

Player got sent off after  aberdeen went 1-0 up so I guess that didn't help ( not there but saw it on twitter)

7 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Moved up a place!

One of many bad days at the office 

7 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Player got sent off after  aberdeen went 1-0 up so I guess that didn't help ( not there but saw it on twitter)

we can’t win if we don’t have any shots on goal , even before the sending off aberdeen we’re well ahead of us 

5 hours ago, sadj said:

pmd ya

👍🏻

Good performance today in really horrible conditions , for 60 mins or so we frustrated them but in the end it was all to no avail .

Nice to see Joe Savage at the game as usual , wonder if he could get us a 20 goals a season striker after the mens transfer window shuts ? 

1 minute ago, 3fingersreid said:

Good performance today in really horrible conditions , for 60 mins or so we frustrated them but in the end it was all to no avail .

Nice to see Joe Savage at the game as usual , wonder if he could get us a 20 goals a season striker after the mens transfer window shuts ? 

Joe Savage is probably our best signing 

4 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Is no 7 back playing after her injury against Hibs?

Niemi’s gloves
11 minutes ago, briever said:

Why don't we sign an actual goalie?

Go down the transgender route perhaps? Seriously though, didn’t Charlotte Parker-Smith win some award last season as the best goalie in the SWPL. Perhaps it’s a sign of the progress that Hearts women are making if the GK is now judged on mistakes made rather than saves made.

34 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Is no 7 back playing after her injury against Hibs?

Not yet , I think it’s a knee injury she’s got 

Any mistakes made by the keeper and/or the defence is being severely punished as we can’t score goals . 
The cup tie will be a tough game as utd are going well 

6 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Not yet , I think it’s a knee injury she’s got 

Thanks. Good player. Quick feet. Probably a wee bit missed. Decent draw against Spartans in the week.

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Thanks. Good player. Quick feet. Probably a wee bit missed. Decent draw against Spartans in the week.

I wasn’t at the game , I was at Tynecastle but I’m told we were excellent and deserved to win 

1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Go down the transgender route perhaps? Seriously though, didn’t Charlotte Parker-Smith win some award last season as the best goalie in the SWPL. Perhaps it’s a sign of the progress that Hearts women are making if the GK is now judged on mistakes made rather than saves made.

I think she won best save.

1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

She makes saves ?

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

I think she won best save.

You’re right it was “save of the season”

1 hour ago, briever said:

She makes saves ?

clearly yes, see above

Howdy Doody Jambo

Does Joe Savage have any input in recruitment for the women's team? As I would imagine it's a completely different market that he wouldn't have as much knowledge of and would need assistance with? 

Voice of reason
5 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Does Joe Savage have any input in recruitment for the women's team? As I would imagine it's a completely different market that he wouldn't have as much knowledge of and would need assistance with? 

I’ve been involved in the women’s game for many years and the recruitment is very different to the men’s game. Everyone I know in the women’s game  is surprised that every signing at Hearts women is 17 or 18 years old. Their recruitment plan seems to be to try and sign the whole Scotland U19 squad. That’s fine for the future, assuming they don’t go to University in another city at the end of 6th year, but not great in a relegation battle. They need to sign 2 or 3 old heads to definitely stay up and also so the kids can learn from them. Need some street-wise players who are leaders in my opinion if they are definitely going to avoid the drop.

5 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

The club were advertising for a head of recruitment last month. 

1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

I’ve been involved in the women’s game for many years and the recruitment is very different to the men’s game. Everyone I know in the women’s game  is surprised that every signing at Hearts women is 17 or 18 years old. Their recruitment plan seems to be to try and sign the whole Scotland U19 squad. That’s fine for the future, assuming they don’t go to University in another city at the end of 6th year, but not great in a relegation battle. They need to sign 2 or 3 old heads to definitely stay up and also so the kids can learn from them. Need some street-wise players who are leaders in my opinion if they are definitely going to avoid the drop.

Been saying the same for the last 18 months, desperate for a couple of old experienced strikers, if you don’t shoot or attack you won’t score

if they go down most of these young players will move on

also I question the wisdom of bringing in players from Celtic on loan, why are we developing there players.

1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

You’re making the assumption they haven’t tried to sign more experienced players though. I’m sure it isn’t deliberate that they don’t seem to have an out and our centre forward. On the plus side they’re doing ok in the table and should stay up even with a young squad which should make signing more experienced players easier 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Hearts 3 Partick Thistle 2