• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Footballfirst

• Chuck Berry

• Niemi’s gloves

Niemi’s gloves

Presumably the u-18s rather than B team. But a great result given that Killie’s u-18s are having a great season, as evidenced by the table that @Footballfirstkindly posted a link to earlier.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Presumably the u-18s rather than B team. But a great result given that Killie’s u-18s are having a great season, as evidenced by the table that @Footballfirstkindly posted a link to earlier.

Yes it was the U18s. My typo.

West Jambo

Anyone know where you can see the U18 league table? I can find the fixtures and results but doesn't seem to be a table anywhere!

13 minutes ago, West Jambo said:

Anyone know where you can see the U18 league table? I can find the fixtures and results but doesn't seem to be a table anywhere!

@rfcyouths on twitter has details of all the results and table. He's just a punter. 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, West Jambo said:

Under 18 League 2023/24

Team Pl W D L GF GA GD Pts
Kilmarnock 15 11 2 2 39 15 24 35
Aberdeen 12 9 0 3 35 21 14 27
Rangers 12 7 0 5 24 24 0 21
Celtic 15 6 3 6 22 28 -6 21
Hamilton Accies 12 6 1 5 20 20 0 19
Hearts 15 5 3 7 21 24 -3 18
St Mirren 15 5 3 7 26 37 -11 18
Hibernian 14 5 2 7 26 28 -2 17
Motherwell 16 4 4 8 25 32 -7 16
Queens Park 12 5 0 7 25 26 -1 15
Dundee United 12 2 2 8 19 27 -8 8

Updated 12th Jan 2024 at 11.15 pm.

Link was posted on the previous page. Table does not include yesterday's result.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Under 18 League 2023/24

Team Pl W D L GF GA GD Pts
Kilmarnock 15 11 2 2 39 15 24 35
Aberdeen 12 9 0 3 35 21 14 27
Rangers 12 7 0 5 24 24 0 21
Celtic 15 6 3 6 22 28 -6 21
Hamilton Accies 12 6 1 5 20 20 0 19
Hearts 15 5 3 7 21 24 -3 18
St Mirren 15 5 3 7 26 37 -11 18
Hibernian 14 5 2 7 26 28 -2 17
Motherwell 16 4 4 8 25 32 -7 16
Queens Park 12 5 0 7 25 26 -1 15
Dundee United 12 2 2 8 19 27 -8 8

Updated 12th Jan 2024 at 11.15 pm.

Link was posted on the previous page. Table does not include yesterday's result.

Killie romping it.

Do they have some OF cast offs or are they doing something right? @Footballfirst

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Killie romping it.

Do they have some OF cast offs or are they doing something right? @Footballfirst

It's the first time to my knowledge that they have been at the top. I suspect that they will have a few OF cast offs, but also have mainly 2nd year U18s (2006s) playing.

There is a prize on offer to the winners in entry to next season's Europa League equivalent for youth teams as U19s. Hibs and Hamilton have participated in recent years.

SeaOfMaroon

Good to see Wilson get a run out, he didnt do much and clearly still a bit off being ready. However, at 16, even just making an appearance for the first team is great for his development

6 months in the B team as the main man at 9 and some physical development (looks like he is going to grow taller still) will do him wonders.

Gorgierools
1 hour ago, SeaOfMaroon said:

Good to see Wilson get a run out, he didnt do much and clearly still a bit off being ready. However, at 16, even just making an appearance for the first team is great for his development

6 months in the B team as the main man at 9 and some physical development (looks like he is going to grow taller still) will do him wonders.

Needs a good few kebab pies. Looks very slightly framed.

Footballfirst

A clash of fixtures coming up on Friday, with the B Team at home to Cumbernauld Colts and the U18s scheduled to play Rangers at Ibrox in the Youth Cup quarter final.

I think that a full strength U18 side would have a good chance at Ibrox and actually going on to win the cup for the first time in years. The other Q/Fs are Aberdeen v St Johnstone, Ayr v Partick and QotS v Dundee United.

If they do commit to the Youth Cup then it will leave the B Team and the bench a bit threadbare unless Tait and Pollock are reinstated.

Given the SFA's support for B Teams and youth development, you would think that they would allow the Rangers v Hearts game to be held back until the following Tuesday.

SeaOfMaroon
39 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Needs a good few kebab pies. Looks very slightly framed.

Yeah pretty much, but he is 16 tbf. He had plenty time to development physically.

Gorgierools
19 minutes ago, SeaOfMaroon said:

Yeah pretty much, but he is 16 tbf. He had plenty time to development physically.

Very true,hope he develops well. 

Mikey1874
21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

A clash of fixtures coming up on Friday, with the B Team at home to Cumbernauld Colts and the U18s scheduled to play Rangers at Ibrox in the Youth Cup quarter final.

I think that a full strength U18 side would have a good chance at Ibrox and actually going on to win the cup for the first time in years. The other Q/Fs are Aberdeen v St Johnstone, Ayr v Partick and QotS v Dundee United.

If they do commit to the Youth Cup then it will leave the B Team and the bench a bit threadbare unless Tait and Pollock are reinstated.

Given the SFA's support for B Teams and youth development, you would think that they would allow the Rangers v Hearts game to be held back until the following Tuesday.

Maybe don't want us to win the Lowland League though. 

Beave1874
2 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Very true,hope he develops well. 

I thought his movement off the ball was good, always looking to get into a space, which was difficult in a congested defence. 

section s heart
4 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

I thought his movement off the ball was good, always looking to get into a space, which was difficult in a congested defence. 

Limited opportunity but you could see he was constantly thinking about how to find a yard of space and making runs. His one chance was based on pointing to a space, which was good, but the finish was a bit snatched. 

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Ah good old Scottsh football, there's no way they should be playing Youth Cup games on a Friday to clash with the B teams.  Doesn't help anyone, well, except Rangers.

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

"Fixture arrangement in suiting Rangers shock"

LarrysRightFoot

Apologies if already covered or just completely obvious but are the B team games just walk up? What are the typical prices? 

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Apologies if already covered or just completely obvious but are the B team games just walk up? What are the typical prices? 

£5 adult 

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

£5 adult 

Thank you. I’m not on Twatter but will get someone to keep me informed. 

LarrysRightFoot

Just read about Lucas Smith singing a pro deal until the summer. Didn’t know about him or his injury - fair play to the lad for coming back from that. 

Fxxx the SPFL

Will the B team be weakened with the young lads that were on the bench on Tuesday being unavailable or can they play 

Footballfirst
13 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Will the B team be weakened with the young lads that were on the bench on Tuesday being unavailable or can they play 

No reason why any of them cant play.  The bigger question will be the impact of the U18s playing at the same time and others being kept fresh for the 1st team bench at the weekend.

Niemi’s gloves
14 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

They can play in the B team. I suppose the question is whether they are wanted/needed for the Aberdeen game. In addition, there is the problem that we have a youth cup tie at 4pm tomorrow away to Rangers as well as the B team game at 7.45.

James Wilson could be involved in any of these games or I suppose could play part of the youth cup game and still be on the bench against Aberdeen on Saturday.

Fxxx the SPFL
32 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

No reason why any of them cant play.  The bigger question will be the impact of the U18s playing at the same time and others being kept fresh for the 1st team bench at the weekend.

Thanks

Fxxx the SPFL
28 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

They can play in the B team. I suppose the question is whether they are wanted/needed for the Aberdeen game. In addition, there is the problem that we have a youth cup tie at 4pm tomorrow away to Rangers as well as the B team game at 7.45.

James Wilson could be involved in any of these games or I suppose could play part of the youth cup game and still be on the bench against Aberdeen on Saturday.

Cheers 

2 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

At his age I could play two games a day easily with another game the next day. These days I'd struggle to get between three games on the same day 😁

Mikey1874

First team players train Friday mornings and if they still do this have a lunch at Tynecastle. 

No one involved on Saturday will be playing on Friday. 

Was at the Shareholders AGM/Dinner last night and guest speakers were Andy Webster and Liam Fox.

Both of them were very impressive with their slide presentations and they obviously work tremendously hard at their jobs.

Liam Fox was very proud to say that 23 of the B Squad and younger age groups have all be involved in first team training this season.

Early days yet but at long last it looks as if we may have a few players starting to break through and establish themselves in the first team squad.

Eventually that may lead to  us being able to sell on some of this talent and make some decent money for the club.

Liam being a lifelong Jambo sounded extremely passionate about the ethos  he drills into the players and it was intersting to see what they get up to during an average week.

Their day off is a Thursday.

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Was at the Shareholders AGM/Dinner last night and guest speakers were Andy Webster and Liam Fox.

Both of them were very impressive with their slide presentations and they obviously work tremendously hard at their jobs.

Liam Fox was very proud to say that 23 of the B Squad and younger age groups have all be involved in first team training this season.

Early days yet but at long last it looks as if we may have a few players starting to break through and establish themselves in the first team squad.

Eventually that may lead to  us being able to sell on some of this talent and make some decent money for the club.

Liam being a lifelong Jambo sounded extremely passionate about the ethos  he drills into the players and it was intersting to see what they get up to during an average week.

Their day off is a Thursday.

Did Webster say anything about how we deal with other clubs “ coming calling “ for our best young players and what he says to them as advice ? Would genuinely love to hear his thoughts on this 

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did Webster say anything about how we deal with other clubs “ coming calling “ for our best young players and what he says to them as advice ? Would genuinely love to hear his thoughts on this 

No he didn't and wasn't asked either. I would imagine that he would say that this would be dealt with by Joe Savage and or McKinlay though.

Just my thoughts.

Niemi’s gloves
18 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

First team players train Friday mornings and if they still do this have a lunch at Tynecastle. 

No one involved on Saturday will be playing on Friday. 

I wouldn’t completely rule out Wilson being on the bench on Saturday despite staring today. We’re pretty short on numbers and if it’s a case of there otherwise being a shortfall on the bench, then why not? 

I would guess Pollock as striker tonight.  Maybe a back three, three midfielders plus wing backs. 

If I get that right I'll be well happy 😊 

Pollock and Sandilands up top doesn't seem too bad.   

Edited by HMFC01

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

No he didn't and wasn't asked either. I would imagine that he would say that this would be dealt with by Joe Savage and or McKinlay though.

Just my thoughts.

Is his job hands off with the players and parents then ? I would have expected the role he does to involve one to ones and advice considering his experience in the game and being a bit of a highly rated talent when a similar age himself 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Is his job hands off with the players and parents then ? I would have expected the role he does to involve one to ones and advice considering his experience in the game and being a bit of a highly rated talent when a similar age himself 

Didn't get into that much depth more an outline about how many teams are in the Academy etc and Liam Fox did a fair bit on the B Team and their routines training and the likes.

Webster did say that anyone is welcome to attend the Orium at any time to watch what they do. So maybe you could get up their and ask the man himself directly.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Didn't get into that much depth more an outline about how many teams are in the Academy etc and Liam Fox did a fair bit on the B Team and their routines training and the likes.

Webster did say that anyone is welcome to attend the Orium at any time to watch what they do. So maybe you could get up their and ask the man himself directly.

Sounds like a plan . Still as long as it is Savage who deals with these things and not Webster then that puts my mind at rest a little . Would not want the snakey ******* anywhere near such matters . Apparently very highly regarded at the other side of things though so all good 

RustyRightPeg
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts have gone for a strong U18s team

Wilson & McLuckie. Interesting. 

Can only presume Wilson won't be in the squad tomorrow then.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sounds like a plan . Still as long as it is Savage who deals with these things and not Webster then that puts my mind at rest a little . Would not want the snakey ******* anywhere near such matters . Apparently very highly regarded at the other side of things though so all good 

Webster didn't say those things were dealt with by Savage that was my assumption only.

So Flatman on loan, Nair and Smutek played today already.   

That leaves Rathie as the only center back.  Maybe Dall could fill in as a LCB.  That young lad Lucas Smith that signed a new deal maybe could fill in.   Although I think he just played as well. 

I can't think  of anyone else. 

Edited by HMFC01

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

So Flatman on loan, Nair and Smutek played today already.   

That leaves Rathie as the only center back.  Maybe Dall could fill in as a LCB.  That young lad Lucas Smith that signed a new deal maybe could fill in. 

I cant of anyone else. 

Lucas Smith is playing for the U18s today.

New signing Lennon Thompson can play centre back.

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Lucas Smith is playing for the U18s today.

New signing Lennon Thompson can play centre back.

Good point  :spoton:

Looking forward to watching him tonight!  He's bound to get a game with lack of players. 

No pressure big man ☺ 

scott herbertson

Rangers teitter are reporting on the game - bias obviously

8' A great defensive save by Mason Munn to deny Hearts. Rangers 0 - 0 Hearts | #ScottishYouthCup

Jambo senior
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

I would guess Pollock as striker tonight.  Maybe a back three, three midfielders plus wing backs. 

If I get that right I'll be well happy 😊 

Pollock and Sandilands up top doesn't seem too bad.   

Neither are forwards though but may be necessary as a one off while 18’s are going strong against rangers