Hibs' New Main Sponsor

Sooperstar

59 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Any pub that bins Tennents for IPA worth a visit. What pub? 😁

Balerno Inn I’m pretty sure it was. You’ll

get something in an amber glass bottle with a funny sounding name for about 7 quid. Nice beer garden though. 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Batistuta87

• Dick Dastardly

• PortyBeach

upgotheheads
9 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Beer choice is highly subjective of course, but your phrase “proper beer for real men” did make me chuckle.

There was a time when you’d get a roasting for asking for “lager” in certain fine establishments in Edinburgh. Lager, of course, being considered an effete choice of beer style…

Lager, at least Tennent's lager  = Fizzy p15h for the masses.

35 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Tennents is easier beaten than Hibs 😂😂

I'll take a tennents and enjoy it enough but there's numerous lagers I'd prefer. Have also taken a recent liking to Guinness after years of hating the stuff.

Have you tried Brewdog’s new stout (“Black Heart”).

Weighs in at 4.1 abv (same as Guinness) and has a wee gas container in the can (same as Guinness).

Not sure what they’re hoping to achieve with such an obviously similar product but I think tastes pretty good.

24 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Beer choice is highly subjective of course, but your phrase “proper beer for real men” did make me chuckle.

There was a time when you’d get a roasting for asking for “lager” in certain fine establishments in Edinburgh. Lager, of course, being considered an effete choice of beer style…

Aye I know. It’s difficult to portray self-satire in text. 

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Picture it, Harry McKirdy with a luminous pink mohawk and a Hibs top with “Bevvy” emblazoned across the front…

:berra:

I am sorry about this:

Hibernian-Harry-Mc-Kirdy.jpg

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Absolutely nowt against craft beers and IPAs - some of them are tremendous and I like trying new ones - but I can't stand folk who make it a personality trait and who think it makes them better than people who just drink regular pints. And btw it wouldn't be my first choice but sometimes there's absolutely no beating a pint of Tennent's! 

Tennents was the best pint of lager on the planet when it was brewed at the Heriot (Roseburn).......Went downhill rapidly when they moved the operation along the M8 to the Wellpark........

manaliveits105
17 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Tennents was the best pint of lager on the planet when it was brewed at the Heriot (Roseburn).......Went downhill rapidly when they moved the operation along the M8 to the Wellpark........

100% this 

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

After just coming back from Belgium a Tennents just isn't the same any more, Club Brugge & Gent potential UECL opponents, just saying:look:

Dangerous game...I've had two hazy nights in La Trappiste in Bruges. Delicious though!

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

Have you tried Brewdog’s new stout (“Black Heart”).

Weighs in at 4.1 abv (same as Guinness) and has a wee gas container in the can (same as Guinness).

Not sure what they’re hoping to achieve with such an obviously similar product but I think tastes pretty good.

I haven't but have seen it advertised. To be honest I'm so new to Guinness that the ad didn't even register as something I might like to try. Will pick some up next time I see it and give it a go 👍

5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its an app which can scan a whisky bottle and tell you more information about it and the distillery, and more importantly price it for you. 

Does it work on Buckfast?

5 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Luke Heron.Co Founder.

Got more five heads than Shanks.image.png.0c8a5552647d20e7d498b9c6430d8cb7.png

Im just glad poor old Augustus is safe and well after being sucked up that pipe

5 hours ago, wentworth jambo said:

the flumps on .net will somehow try to explain how this is a great deal for them and how their commercial department continues to show this forward thinking attitude...I don't know the going rate for a SPL shirt sponsorship deal, but bevvy.com as a company have total assets under £100k and appear to be run / majority owned by a less than 100% clean character (director at dozens of set ups, various now dissolved and remaining active roles now showing huge delays on publication of accounts / confirmation statements etc), I'd have to agree - suits Lochend down to the ground.

Yep. Looking at the Companies House website, their filing history is questionable    

Lone Striker
5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its an app which can scan a whisky bottle and tell you more information about it and the distillery, and more importantly price it for you. 

Hasn't wee Lee already written his own app that does something similar ?  You scan a Hibs shirt number and it tells you  info about the criminal records of everyone who's worn it, and more importantly how many scuddings each of them have suffered from Hearts.

:jjyay:

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I am sorry about this:

Hibernian-Harry-Mc-Kirdy.jpg

Dont be hahahaha 👍🏽👏🏾😆

Maiden Gorgie
5 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Will appeal to those boring ******* craft beer drinking middle class wannabes in their early 30s, whose favourite band is Mumford and Sons and who look exactly like the CEO of the company (see above). The kinds who like to go out with the boys when the Six Nations is on, all wearing blazers with jeans and brown shoes talking about the mortgage rates on their new build grey houses with astro turf in the back garden and a Kia Sportage on the driveway. Their wives all have inflatable hot tubs and wee dugs and do boomerangs and cocktail trees on Instagram.

Excellent post, get that man a Badger & Zebra hybrid IPA

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Fags as their shorts sponsor ? The naming rights already sold on the Ching stand 

After the song that used to get sung about them in the less "PC" days, I can see a swerve on that one :lol:

Maybe they'll go for this company as a short sponsor though:

0x0.png

Just now, tian447 said:

After the song that used to get sung about them in the less "PC" days, I can see a swerve on that one :lol:

Maybe they'll go for this company as a short sponsor though:

0x0.png

:lol: 

The prostitutes and bag of skag arena has a nice ring to it 

47 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Hasn't wee Lee already written his own app that does something similar ?  You scan a Hibs shirt number and it tells you  info about the criminal records of everyone who's worn it, and more importantly how many scuddings each of them have suffered from Hearts.

:jjyay:

🤣 brilliant 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Dangerous game...I've had two hazy nights in La Trappiste in Bruges. Delicious though!

I haven't but have seen it advertised. To be honest I'm so new to Guinness that the ad didn't even register as something I might like to try. Will pick some up next time I see it and give it a go 👍

it's actually pretty decent, and I like a Guinness. thinknit was going for £1.50 a can in Tesco the last I saw it

jambofaefife
1 hour ago, Paolo said:

Yep. Looking at the Companies House website, their filing history is questionable    

IMG_3241.png

7 minutes ago, jambofaefife said:

IMG_3241.png

They should have just copyrighted the name Bevvy.com 2024 and charged them to use it when the inevitable happens . ****ing brilliant how tin pot these ******s are 

8 hours ago, wentworth jambo said:

the flumps on .net will somehow try to explain how this is a great deal for them and how their commercial department continues to show this forward thinking attitude...I don't know the going rate for a SPL shirt sponsorship deal, but bevvy.com as a company have total assets under £100k and appear to be run / majority owned by a less than 100% clean character (director at dozens of set ups, various now dissolved and remaining active roles now showing huge delays on publication of accounts / confirmation statements etc), I'd have to agree - suits Lochend down to the ground.

Tick Tock....

GlasgoJambo

Classless as it is (obviously, it’s Hibs) probably a shrewd move in terms of roasters around the UK thinking it’s top bantz. As long as the kids tops are available without a sponsor imagine it could boost sales a wee bit.

16 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Classless as it is (obviously, it’s Hibs) probably a shrewd move in terms of roasters around the UK thinking it’s top bantz. As long as the kids tops are available without a sponsor imagine it could boost sales a wee bit.

Well that's one theory 😂

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

To save me looking what is Bevvy.com??

An app you use to scan any bottle of whisky and it gives you information and value on it from what I read earlier.

4 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

An app you use to scan any bottle of whisky and it gives you information and value on it from what I read earlier.

34C89736-E226-4E03-9A65-BD1FF32EA75E.jpeg

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

Stout/Porter in my view is a neglected beer style and for most of us, a pint of Guinness is our entry point.

There are a lot of stout beers out there to explore however (and not all Irish by any means). Enjoy!

I'm just wondering where the company (which seems very small) got the money to be Hibs record sponsorship deal.

Can only imagine as a young company they've been giving some startup capital investment and sponsoring a football team is going to get the brand out there.

I know hee haw about whisky but is the money to be made here from brands paying them to be on their database?

Seems quite niche to me.

Wonder if they'll last longer than Sportemongo.

One of them stupid start ups that get laughed out of dragons den. Still, if hibs have the money in the bank then it'll matter not a jot.

2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Stout/Porter in my view is a neglected beer style and for most of us, a pint of Guinness is our entry point.

There are a lot of stout beers out there to explore however (and not all Irish by any means). Enjoy!

Pilot;s moccahino stout is the mutts

fabienleclerq

Is it just me who thinks us having the pies strip seems more of a possibility now😂

8 hours ago, Homme said:

Wonder if they'll last longer than Sportemongo.

One of them stupid start ups that get laughed out of dragons den. Still, if hibs have the money in the bank then it'll matter not a jot.

Can't imagine the full amount has been paid up front? And how much is it? Just because it's broken their record doesn't mean it's big money.

6 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Can't imagine the full amount has been paid up front? And how much is it? Just because it's broken their record doesn't mean it's big money.

I was thinking about shirt sponsors in Scotland recently . When Wonga paid up our at the time highest ever deal , was it not revealed to be some thing like fifty thousand ? I could be wrong but I think I read that . I suspect Scottish clubs get an awful deal when it comes to short sponsors . Our deals through Anderson are probably worth ten times what we would get through the traditional kind of deals . I could see Hibs deal being about a hundred grand or so 

13 hours ago, Mister T said:

Very good. Take a bow 👏👏

My neediness and desire for attention has now been satisfied, thank you sir 🤣