• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Malinga the Swinga

• Luckies1874

45 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Anyone know who the female co-commentator is on the Dutch v Croats game? What a bloody awful voice! 😁

Just heard end of first half. She was making quite technical points about positioning etc I think most people would struggle to understand.

Others agreeing with you its Fara Wiliams. Ex England.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fara_Williams

Christ. I go and get my dinner from the kitchen and it's 1-1

Fara got some Croatian relatives? Soooo biased. 

Just now, neilnunb said:

Christ. I go and get my dinner from the kitchen and it's 1-1

Fara got some Croatian relatives? Soooo biased. 

Gakpo held onto Modric and he went down. Always a penalty. When you are up against experience l.

part_time_jambo
55 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Think it might be Fara Williams...Fara someone anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Fara Way?

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Croatia ahead.

Useless.

It was coming. Croatia playing a different sport. Netherlands can chose to be negative but modern football is attacking. 

The Treasurer
39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just heard end of first half. She was making quite technical points about positioning etc I think most people would struggle to understand.

Others agreeing with you its Fara Wiliams. Ex England.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fara_Williams

Think she is just reading straight out of the commentators book of clichés 

copa-mundial

For such a small nation. Croatia really do come up with some incredible footballers. 

Their national side always go far in tournaments. 

I always think Koeman should have retrained as an architect or something.

I really don't think football management / coaching is his thing. 

5 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

For such a small nation. Croatia really do come up with some incredible footballers. 

Their national side always go far in tournaments. 

A population about 75% of ours and they can produce world class players and teams that go deep into competitions.

What are they doing that we are not? I certainly don't have a clue, does anyone?

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It was coming. Croatia playing a different sport. Netherlands can chose to be negative but modern football is attacking. 

Nothing to do with the Dutch being negative ya wee French lover 😛  they have injuries, overly reliant on Depay and just don't have enough quality coming through. 

Koeman got off to a slow start last time and then got them playing well so hopefully that will happen again.

Nations League is a bit 'meh' anyway. 

I don't know if the allocation was split, 14,500 Croatians there, but usually Rotterdam packs out their national games. The locals don't seem that fussed.

Gakpo misses a sitter 🙄

Edited by neilnunb

19 minutes ago, tian447 said:

That commentator. :vrface:

Innit bruv. 

Apparently she was homeless before her football career. Certainly sounds like she could handle herself up a dark alley. 😁

The Treasurer

Viaplay don't seem to bother with the panel of "experts" so we just have to put up with the co commentator slavering pish 

I can understand using extra-time for the WC and European Championships but ffs just go to penalties for this tournament...although the Dutch are horrendous with pens.

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Oh ffs. Goalie surely has to save that. 😡

Fara unable to pronounce the boy's name. 🤣

45 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Nothing to do with the Dutch being negative ya wee French lover 😛  they have injuries, overly reliant on Depay and just don't have enough quality coming through. 

Koeman got off to a slow start last time and then got them playing well so hopefully that will happen again.

Nations League is a bit 'meh' anyway. 

I don't know if the allocation was split, 14,500 Croatians there, but usually Rotterdam packs out their national games. The locals don't seem that fussed.

Gakpo misses a sitter 🙄

Croatia "by far the better team".

If you can't see that then fair enough.

Netherlands get another chance to develop their amazing, unique total football led by the brilliant Ronald Koeman in the 3rd/4th place play off 2pm on Sunday. 

Final Croatia v Spain/Italy 7.45pm. 

Meanwhile maybe Netherlands could start Van Dijk up front now. 

Total football experts that they are.

Edited by Mikey1874

8 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Ffs second time I've gone to the kitchen and second time Croatia win a pen. 😐

:pleasing:

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

I like that the commentator and co-commentator have different ways of pronouncing Modrić 😁

They had different ways of pronouncing every word

10 hours ago, corryjambo said:

A population about 75% of ours and they can produce world class players and teams that go deep into competitions.

What are they doing that we are not? I certainly don't have a clue, does anyone?

It is a strange one, and a question I've often pondered. Their league is generally crap. Dinamo have won all but 1 title for like 20 years. Hajduk and Rijeka are fairly decent European teams but that's about it.

I thought perhaps they had a similar approach to Uruguay and touted out all their young talents abroad at the earliest opportunity, so I was surprised to learn that with the exception of Ivan Perisic, all of Croatia's big name first team players have all cut their teeth in the Croatian league. I'm talking a good 50-60 games before moving on.

I genuinely would love to know more about what it is they do. You can't even argue about them just having a 'golden generation' like Belgium either, as since they broke away from Yugoslavia they have consistently been a threat littered with some big name players.