Konrad von Carstein

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

But it didn’t turn us demented . We laughed too because we knew right on cue the water works would come . She was trying to humanise herself , which is hard to do when you are her . 1/10 for acting skills 

Tbf to her she's recently lost her job, her "husband" and her camper van was knicked.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• The Real Maroonblood

• Mikey1874

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, pablo said:

Tbf to her she's recently lost her job, her "husband" and her camper van was knicked.

Aye but she’s writing her memoirs , which is quite a challenge as she can’t seem to recall much ! But getting paid a healthy whack and using a tax loophole . How incredibly Toryish of her . 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

just had  alook back to see.

A-MA-ZING 

Full House I reckon.

Would never have guessed who’d be on here defending her either :lol:

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

'I just deleted all my WhatsApps'

Wait?What?

10 pages of unionist seethe incoming!!!!111!!!

Victorian
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Wait?What?

10 pages of unionist seethe incoming!!!!111!!!

With Jack it's of little or no consequence.  He played no part in the pandemic response.  The SG didn't waste their time trying to deal with him.  Michael Gove was doing his job.  He basically sat with his thumb up his arse in his ivory tower and daydreamed of the halycon,  pre-devolution days of yore.  

I would be surprised if Alister Jack is universally recognised in his own house,  monumental human dildo that he is.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

I would be surprised if Alister Jack is universally recognised in his own house,  monumental human dildo that he is.

I suspect you may be correct in that analysis.

Horatio Caine
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

With Jack it's of little or no consequence.  He played no part in the pandemic response.  The SG didn't waste their time trying to deal with him.  Michael Gove was doing his job.  He basically sat with his thumb up his arse in his ivory tower and daydreamed of the halycon,  pre-devolution days of yore.  

Jack is arrogant entitled piece of shit who has sought confrontation with the SG since ever he took office.

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

My comment was probably too broad brush but the point is that the loudest noises made at the time were as much about not blindly following instructions which for good or ill were intended to keep the population safe. Most of the noise was IMO and as i recall driven by an unhealthy agenda rather than being made out of concern for the wellbeing of the population.

That's not to say it was or is universal. I think that there are many valid criticisms that can be pitched at governments across the world, including Scotland and the UK, and some really decent points being made on this thread when you manage to get past the bollocks and links being posted to rather dubious sources. 

Yea, agree.

It was a mental time and as restrictions were easing it became even more mental. Can’t remember exactly when it was but was travelling back from England by train. Mask-wearing wasn’t compulsory but advised. Guy comes over the PA as we crossed the border to tell us to put our masks on as it was compulsory !

And politicians wonder why they get criticised ?

Whole carriage just laughed.

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

He does look as boring as Starmer…which is quite an achievement !

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Boab said:

Guy comes over the PA as we crossed the border to tell us to put our masks on as it was compulsory !

And politicians wonder why they get criticised ?

Whole carriage just laughed.

Best response was to laugh at those ludicrous rules and ignore them . 

Gundermann
3 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Jack says "I didn't believe it for a minute"

She could cry from one eye if she wanted to......ouch

Jack is a typical sociopathic upper-class toff who is inable of any kind of empathy. He would've thrived in the upper echelons of the Third Reich.

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, Gundermann said:

Jack is a typical sociopathic upper-class toff who is inable of any kind of empathy. He would've thrived in the upper echelons of the Third Reich.

It would take a real kind of idiot to buy a used car from any of them

5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Best response was to laugh at those ludicrous rules and ignore them . 

Easy for politicians, it was the guard I felt sorry for, and most people told him that.

Gundermann
55 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Quite a damning assessment and from 

“ The Guardian “ of all papers 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/commentisfree/2024/feb/01/nicola-sturgeon-covid-inquiry-pandemic

IMG_7174.jpeg

Hardly. The Guardian barely knows Scotland exists never mind being pro-SNP. It may be slightly more progressive than Red Tory Starmer but it's a hardly the organ of the Scottish Workers' Republic...

That thing you do
3 hours ago, pablo said:

Is that not just the nature of all politics? Their primary concern is re-election.

That's why business drives long term plans on things like carbon reduction. 

Not sure it's a particularly UK/Scottish phenomenon.

It isnt a UK/Scotland phenomenon, happens everywhere. But I do think its the root cause of most of the problems as UK needs longer term thinking after a decision like Brexit. And even the unionist Scots on here wouldve been expecting some kind of long term strategy for improving devolution after the No vote. The fact both these hugely important decisions had no follow up is a disgrace, whichever way you voted in both of them.

16 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

It isnt a UK/Scotland phenomenon, happens everywhere. But I do think its the root cause of most of the problems as UK needs longer term thinking after a decision like Brexit. And even the unionist Scots on here wouldve been expecting some kind of long term strategy for improving devolution after the No vote. The fact both these hugely important decisions had no follow up is a disgrace, whichever way you voted in both of them.

Agree, although The Scotland Act 2016 did create more powers over tax for example. I do believe the Nats could have done more though. 
Where we are sitting now, I think it’s inconceivable to talk of Indy. The Nats can’t abandon it obviously but may need to fight with willing partners after the next SE to secure a better deal going forward. I say that because I believe there will be no majority. 

JudyJudyJudy
38 minutes ago, Boab said:

Agree, although The Scotland Act 2016 did create more powers over tax for example. I do believe the Nats could have done more though. 
Where we are sitting now, I think it’s inconceivable to talk of Indy. The Nats can’t abandon it obviously but may need to fight with willing partners after the next SE to secure a better deal going forward. I say that because I believe there will be no majority. 

And the beat goes on …… 🎵

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Genuinely couldn’t pick the guy out of a lineup. 

You've  not missed anything!

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

My hamster looks forward to reading the whole story. 

IMG_7143.webp

2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

My hamster looks forward to reading the whole story. 

Fair play ceding difficult tasks to the more gifted amongst you. 

JudyJudyJudy

Oh savage stuff from Alistair Jack  :) fabulous shade 

image-23-10-21-07-07-2.jpeg

joondalupjambo

I have not been involved in IT for long, just under 40 years so not totally up to date but if I wanted to free up space on my phone there are lots of other things I would delete before removing a free communication tool.  Unless of course I had something to hide.

Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

I have not been involved in IT for long, just under 40 years so not totally up to date but if I wanted to free up space on my phone there are lots of other things I would delete before removing a free communication tool.  Unless of course I had something to hide.

I have to deleat my WhatsApps every couple of days.

joondalupjambo
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

I have to deleat my WhatsApps every couple of days.

Messages not the app surely?

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Yes it was rather a flimsy excuse . 

Dawnrazor
2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Messages not the app surely?

Well......

il Duce McTarkin
4 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

If we’re looking for pro-Scotland organs, you da man!

:gok:

4 hours ago, Boab said:

Easy for politicians, it was the guard I felt sorry for, and most people told him that.

If I was the guard , I'd have thrown you all off at the border, without stopping the train.

Dawnrazor
4 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

If I were you I’d be burning my phone. 

😂 I was actually SHITTING myself when I had to take my mobile to get the new screen fitted, my wife said under no circumstances was she going to pick it up!

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

😂 I was actually SHITTING myself when I had to take my mobile to get the new screen fitted, my wife said under no circumstances was she going to pick it up!

Dennis Nilson wouldn't pick up your phone.

Dawnrazor
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Dennis Nilson wouldn't pick up your phone.

You're probably right!

35 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

If I was the guard , I'd have thrown you all off at the border, without stopping the train.

We weren’t going along it, just crossing it.

👍

9 hours ago, escobri said:

After watching yesterday's enquiry I've changed my opinion of Nicola Sturgeon, the emotions that she displayed just showed how much it meant to her to lead our country through a very difficult time, she had tough decisions to make and had all our best interests and safety in mind. God bless her and hopefully she will be Queen Nicola in the  future.

IMG_1095.jpeg

2minutes in on Newsnight and Kate Forbes has put the boot in,"I didn't know about any government policy to delete messages ,I retained mine","Don't know why I wasn't invited to Gold Command meetings"

Greedy Jambo

What's the difference between Wuhan and Vegas? 

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.