Hearts in Europe: 23/24 : v Rosenborg - Away leg on Hearts ppv ( updated )

Waterboy

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

When has there been a game in recent years which hasn't provided LPs to those buying a ticket, except games not sold through Hearts?

They usually say how many LPs are available. 

Perhaps the club have cottoned on to the cheats. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• JimmyCant

• Waterboy

• Luckies1874

6 hours ago, Kjello said:

Card mate. Norway is 99.9 % card based. Visa or Mastercard will work pretty much everywhere.

6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

No1 Currency Exchange on Queensferry Street usually have whatever you need for wherever you need it. You can call ahead to check they have it though. Think they open 9.30 on Monday.

Thank you 👍

What's the situation for European slots for next season? Will the Scottish cup winner(or 3rd spot) get automatic group stage similar to the last and current seasons or has the Scottish teams european performance of the recent seasons bumped us off this slot? 

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, jamboRitch said:

What's the situation for European slots for next season? Will the Scottish cup winner(or 3rd spot) get automatic group stage similar to the last and current seasons or has the Scottish teams european performance of the recent seasons bumped us off this slot? 

It would appear that it is the same as the last 2 seasons and therefore assuming no major surprise in the Scottish Cup that 3rd place will indeed benefit from guaranteed group stage football. 

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

It would appear that it is the same as the last 2 seasons and therefore assuming no major surprise in the Scottish Cup that 3rd place will indeed benefit from guaranteed group stage football. 

Excellent, makes third spot more exciting knowing the automatic group stage is at stake.

On 05/08/2023 at 08:48, Daveandal said:

I've always said the loyalty points system isn't great but it's best we have... I'm now coming round to the view that it needs a rethink.

This week you can pick up 5* for buying a Rosenberg ticket but due to St Johnstone's way of selling tickets get 0. A fan actually going could get nothing but someone sitting on their backside 5 points.

I'd introduce more points for home cup games, points if you can produce evidence of away attendance (STJ for example) and for away games where Hearts do manage the tickets random spot checks to make sure the person was going or they hasn't passed the ticket on.

*estimated 

We used to get something like 7 points for home cup games or even friendlies. Should go back to this which would perhaps boost home attendances for these games and thus additional revenue for the club.

Once upon a time we used to pay at the gate at some away grounds, and not that long ago. Don’t see how buying direct from one or two clubs is any different. 

On 29/05/2023 at 14:01, indianajones said:

Tough games. 

Need to make sure third is a stick for next year. Think it will be tbh. No way Aberdeen will cope with what we had to deal with this season. 

Don’t think they will have the injury problems we did.

2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

If I’m reading Kassie correctly there is a slight change next season.

CW will still be in the Europa league play off with a drop down to UCL groups for losers

N3 (third place SPFL) will now go into the EUROPA league Q2 with a drop down to UCL Q3 for losers

N4(4th place SPFL) will still start in UCL Q2

Obviously it’s a little bit different if N1 or N2 (the OF in reality) win the cup in which case N3 takes the Europa league play off spot and so on, down to N5

Edited by JimmyCant

Thumperbeni
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If I’m reading Kassie correctly there is a slight change next season.

CW will still be in the Europa league play off with a drop down to UCL groups for losers

N3 (third place SPFL) will now go into the EUROPA league Q2 with a drop down to UCL Q3 for losers

N4(4th place SPFL) will still start in UCL Q2

Obviously it’s a little bit different if N1 or N2 (the OF in reality) win the cup in which case N3 takes the Europa league play off spot and so on, down to N5

Cannot for the life of me understand how winning a cup gets you a better slot in a European competition than finishing 3rd in your league, baffling to say the least as a cup run has a lot of luck involved along the way whereas your final league position is a genuine guideline of where you deserve to finish over the course of a gruelling season. 

4 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Cannot for the life of me understand how winning a cup gets you a better slot in a European competition than finishing 3rd in your league, baffling to say the least as a cup run has a lot of luck involved along the way whereas your final league position is a genuine guideline of where you deserve to finish over the course of a gruelling season. 

Agree. If you look at the teams we could get in the UCL play off vs the teams Aberdeen could get in the EL play offs, we have a much harder task. No matter who we get it’s a big uphill task. They’ve got a real chance of landing a lucky one

6 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

I get your theory but we'd never turn out on our hundreds of thousands for finishing  3rd,when we win cups we get massive amounts of folk in the streets.

I'm a bit drunk on holiday but I'd prefer a cup win over 3rd Everytime 

Thumperbeni
24 minutes ago, jambocub said:

I get your theory but we'd never turn out on our hundreds of thousands for finishing  3rd,when we win cups we get massive amounts of folk in the streets.

I'm a bit drunk on holiday but I'd prefer a cup win over 3rd Everytime 

Oh without a shadow of a doubt I completely agree with you, I’d much prefer to win a cup than finishing 3rd but what I’m saying is it’s not right that whoever wins the cup get a better deal in Europe than the team finishing 3rd in the league. 

Just now, Thumperbeni said:

Oh without a shadow of a doubt I completely agree with you, I’d much prefer to win a cup than finishing 3rd but what I’m saying is it’s not right that whoever wins the cup get a better deal in Europe than the team finishing 3rd in the league. 

More especially if it’s a team that’s done nothing in the league but negotiated 3 or 4 kind draws and just got lucky in possibly one game against someone who’d ordinarily wipe the floor with them

6 hours ago, Thumperbeni said:

I guess it’s a reward for actually winning something rather than a run of the mill league performance for a lot of teams across Europe. Us and Aberdeen are pretty much expected to compete for 3rd. 

4 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Can you copy and paste for us too mean to pay and too forgetful to cancel at the end of a free trial? 😁

Just click on it,it opens for free.

Midloth_Iain
19 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Can you copy and paste for us too mean to pay and too forgetful to cancel at the end of a free trial? 😁

Having been the Viking capital for more than 200 years, coastal Trondheim now claims the Norwegian foodie crown. With its fabulous produce and creative chefs, it’s a brilliant spot for a gourmet weekend whether your preference is a shrimp sandwich and a craft beer from a quayside café or Michelin-starred Nordic feasting.

Between meals there’s plenty to do and see in this walkable, laid-back and friendly university city, from fjordside saunas to engaging museums and the 18th-century wooden royal palace that inspired the creators of the Disney film Frozen. The recent drop in the value of the Norwegian krone makes the country much more affordable than you might imagine, and Trondheim is easy to reach from the UK, with direct flights from Gatwick.

What to do

● Moody and magnificent Nidaros is the world’s northernmost medieval cathedral — built over the (probable) burial place of King Olav II, a Viking warrior and the patron saint of Norway — and still a place of pilgrimage. The building has been nipped and tucked over the centuries, with some quirky additions — the face of the Archangel Michael statue on the northwest tower was modelled on that of Bob Dylan, according to the sculptor. Stump up £5 on top of the usual £9 entry fee to climb the 172 steps to the top of the central tower to take in views of the city or £19 to explore the crypt. Get in free by turning up for a service or the Saturday lunchtime organ concert; the acoustics are incredible

A trip on the old-school Grakallbanen tram, which runs from St Olavs Gate, guarantees knockout views of the city and the Nidelva River that winds through it as well as bragging rights on having ridden on the world’s northernmost tram. The journey takes about twenty minutes and the final stop is Lian, the starting point for pine-scented forest hikes in the Bymarka Nature Reserve or a picnic next to Lianvatnet Lake (single tram tickets £3; AtB Mobillett app).

Bakklandet, the pretty 18th-century wharf area along the Nidelva, is perfect for a mooch on flower-filled cobblestone streets, discovering one-of-a-kind shops such as the master tea blender Gravraak Teatelier (gravraakteatelier.no) and the cosy café Baklandet Skydsstation. The painted wooden houses and warehouses lining the waterfront are fabulously photogenic, and there’s the only bicycle escalator in the world (it’s not hard to see why it didn’t catch on), at the bottom of the hill next to Old Town Bridge.

The weather in Trondheim is so four-seasons-in-a-day that you always need a plan B. If it’s warm and sunny, sign up for a kayaking trip down the river (from £23; trondheimkajakk.no) or take a ferry across the fjord to Munkholmen Island, an execution site in the Viking era and, variously since then, a monastery, fortress, prison and Second World War anti-aircraft gun station. It’s now a lovely spot for a dip and lunch on the beach (return ferry tickets £9; munkholmen.no). If it rains, hit the museums — quirky Kunsthall Trondheim, housed in a former fire station, provides a contemporary-art fix (free; kunsthalltrondheim.no), and it’s hard to resist Rockheim, the interactive national museum of popular music that runs the gamut from black metal to A-ha (£12; rockheim.no).

The coolest neighbourhood

Ila, to the west of the city centre, is cute, arty and home to galleries (try Dropsfabrikken), rows of colourful painted wooden houses and hip cafés such as the fjordside Lille Skansen (don’t miss its shrimp sandwiches) and Ila Brainnstasjon, which serves up craft beer and live jazz at weekends.

Where to eat and drink

To Rom og Kjokken
Long established, friendly and family-run, this beautifully lit restaurant is an excellent introduction to the hyper-local food scene in Trondheim. Order the sensational scallops from nearby Froya with celeriac puree, the terrific turbot with mussel sauce and the sugared rhubarb (from the garden of the apprentice’s grandmother) with milk ice cream for pudding. There’s a serious wine list, great cocktails and local craft beer too (mains from £34; toromogkjokken.no).

peilsalen
The elegant gourmet restaurant of the Britannia Hotel picked up a Michelin star after less than a year in business, and the only surprise is that it doesn’t have more. The mainly seafood dishes on the new multi-course Nordic tasting menu are exquisitely presented, the wine pairings are perfect and the service is impeccable but unstuffy — a treat from start to finish (tasting menu £198; britannia.no).

Sellanraa Bok & Bar
Yummy mummies love this laid-back, book-lined café and restaurant, which works closely with organic farmers and fishermen and aims for zero waste. Bread is made from locally sourced grains, there’s delicious sea buckthorn juice and moreish dishes such as braised pork belly with local bok choy, egg and mushroom consommé, and possibly the best coffee in town (mains from £14; sellanraabar.no).

Rive Gauche
Three young female chefs produce classic French dishes at this cosy waterside bistro in Bakklandet, and everything from the steak tartare to the pistachio Paris-Brest is on point. Don’t overdo the wine, though, because Hilde, the owner, also wields a tempting digestif trolley (mains from £22; rivegauche.no).

Streif Bakeri

Streif Bakeri
This bakery and café is the perfect place for a pitstop after visiting the cathedral — fabulous cinnamon buns, cakes, pies and sharing platters are served in a chintzy candlelit front parlour overlooking the river (nidarospilegrimsgard.no).

If you only do one thing

Follow the locals to Havet, on the harbourside, and grab a beer before heading down to one of the cabins with views over the fjord for a sauna followed by a dip in the fjord (and repeat). A two-and-a-half-hour session costs £17; bring flip-flops (havetarena.no).

1 minute ago, FionaHmfc said:

Yep no easy ties there whatsoever. Florence again anybody? 😂 

Nothing more certain if we get through. 

7 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Who awaits us if we get through …

401E8F72-6546-4E12-83E6-DCFC32F76F50.jpeg

Do we play another qualifying round after Rosenberg (assuming we progress), or do we join a group stage?

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Do we play another qualifying round after Rosenberg (assuming we progress), or do we join a group stage?

Play off round next if we win. 

9 minutes ago, FionaHmfc said:

Who awaits us if we get through …

401E8F72-6546-4E12-83E6-DCFC32F76F50.jpeg

Ties 3 and 4 are our best chance if we get through but still very tough.

Could be worse if you look at the 4 Hibs could get if they somehow go through

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

We’ll play one of these teams in a playoff round. If we beat Rosenborg and beat a team from this list we’d then make the group stages 

1 minute ago, FionaHmfc said:

We’ll play one of these teams in a playoff round. If we beat Rosenborg and beat a team from this list we’d then make the group stages 

👍

37 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Arriving tomorrow and notice there is a Macbeth Scottish pub. Any good?

While they used to be more of a sportsbar earlier, they are now a whiskey and aquavit bar. And not a place for football fans. Lille London and the Three Lions Pub are the places to go for you guys. Cafe Dublin and O'Learys is also decent.

8 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Ties 3 and 4 are our best chance if we get through but still very tough.

Could be worse if you look at the 4 Hibs could get if they somehow go through

Who is in there side of the draw?

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, Kjello said:

While they used to be more of a sportsbar earlier, they are now a whiskey and aquavit bar. And not a place for football fans. Lille London and the Three Lions Pub are the places to go for you guys. Cafe Dublin and O'Learys is also decent.

Thanks, assume my teenage laddies will be ok getting in and do they have Pool tables?

2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Who is in their side of the draw?

Slavia Prague

Az Alkmaar

Villa

Olympiacos/ Gent

2 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Slavia Prague

Az Alkmaar

Villa

Olympiacos/ Gent

Villa are the team to avoid in that lot they would absolutely take any of our teams to the cleaners.

hmfc_liam06

I hope we avoid Fiorentina, for 2 reasons. 

They'll pump us again and tbh I'd rather do somewhere different.

16 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Thanks, assume my teenage laddies will be ok getting in and do they have Pool tables?

The lads will have no problem entering. Just don't buy alcohol to them 😉
Lille London and O'Learys have pool and darts at least. Don't think the other two have. Perhaps Three Lions have upstairs. I've usually been downstairs when I've been there.

Edited by Kjello

13 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Slavia Prague

Az Alkmaar

Villa

Olympiacos/ Gent

Ah but they are flying in Europe at the moment 😎

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Kjello said:

The lads will have no problem entering. Just don't buy alcohol to them 😉
Lille London and O'Learys have pool and darts at least. Don't think the other two have. Perhaps Three Lions have upstairs. I've usually been downstairs when I've been there.

Thanks for the info, are they all about the same price for a pint and food? Assume the juice is a lot cheaper?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Just avoid 1 or 5; will take that right now, thank you very much!

Outside chance if we can do this.

Looking at Aberdeens options, fair bit better than ours last season, with Hibs and Rangers getting Swiss following our trip last year, Lugano must be a certainty!

10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I hope we avoid Fiorentina, for 2 reasons. 

They'll pump us again and tbh I'd rather do somewhere different.

Some great places to visit there. Would rather avoid Belgrade because it can be a bit tasty for football fans. Tel Aviv, Brugge Split Thessaloniki Cyprus

Tie 3 and 4 the best chance to go through I reckon

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Some great places to visit there. Would rather avoid Belgrade because it can be a bit tasty for football fans. Tel Aviv, Brugge Split Thessaloniki Cyprus

Tie 3 and 4 the best chance to go through I reckon

Our best hope is Larnaca to beat Tel Aviv as they are the only team with a lower budget than us 

16 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Thanks for the info, are they all about the same price for a pint and food? Assume the juice is a lot cheaper?

They are pretty much the same prices I think. Though I know that Lille London only sells 0.4 and 0.6 liters. And not the regular 0.5 liter.
Also, at Cafe Dublin you won't be able to buy the local E.C. Dahls pilsner. But the Hansa pisswater from Bergen 😉 

Edited by Kjello

Portable Badger
20 minutes ago, Mort said:

Surely game must be televised somewhere 

www.adreesa.no

The newspaper's TV Channel own the TV rights for the Norwegian games. Probably why it's not being screened by the BBC cos the fees too expensive. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Hearts in Europe: 23/24 : v Rosenborg - Away leg on Hearts ppv ( updated )