This season ( merged )

scott herbertson

Compared to similar seasons it's been okay.

In my time we've often struggled to cope the season after a 2nd/3rd place finish and the European football it has brought.

Some real highlights, the New Year derby the pick for me, and some real lows, the loss at Pittodrie.

I thought we'd do a little better in the Conference group, narrower defeats perhaps, finish 3rd and challenge for silverware.

2 wins in the Conference, 4th place, Europe again and, the ER derby apart, nowhere in the Cup's makes for a 5, maybe 5½, out of 10 season for me.

I've known worse.

Edited by martoon

Buster HMFC
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The thing is we aren't much better than Aberdeen,  we haven't been much better than Aberdeen for about 15 years.

We were better than them  last season and were slightly worse this season. 

Next season we might be better again,  but over a period of time we haven't been better than Aberdeen for a while, never mind "much better".

No idea how folk conclude we are much better than Aberdeen and should be above them forever more, there is no basis for that train of thought. 

We've certainly got better players imo. I think the should be above them comes from fact we were comfortably in 3rd and basically threw it away with a shit 4 or 5 weeks 

Riccarton3
4 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

No greeting m8. We held on and no more today. I'm happy we got 4th but just saying it really should never came down to the last game of the season to even give them a sniff. 

Agree on that. The fight goes on into next season as it always does. Even cutting out the self inflicted stuff, it's  a slog in this bent League.

Buster HMFC
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Agree on that. The fight goes on into next season as it always does. Even cutting out the self inflicted stuff, it's  a slog in this bent League.

Yep. Onwards and upwards my man

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

We've certainly got better players imo. I think the should be above them comes from fact we were comfortably in 3rd and basically threw it away with a shit 4 or 5 weeks 

We have in some areas but not others, our squad quality is a bit over played on here.

ShortmanRossco
10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We have in some areas but not others, our squad quality is a bit over played on here.

I agree with you BRB. Huzzah!

Although by the same token Boyce and Beni have been huge losses. Put them in the "on paper" starting 11 and we begin to look frightening.

Buster HMFC
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yep agree our squad is defo weak in the obvious area but imo we still have better players and squad when all players are fit