This season ( merged )

scott herbertson

scott herbertson

Have I got this wrong but did Hibs just blow a chance to make £1 million against 10 men for more than half a game, not to mention the European stuff

SPL prize mony.png

loadsamoney.jpg

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Have I got this wrong but did Hibs just blow a chance to make £1 million against 10 men for more than half a game, not to mention the European stuff

SPL prize mony.png

loadsamoney.jpg

Ŵ

Did Aberdeen not finish third? So only £500K.

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

SPL prize mony.png

loadsamoney.jpg

:fth:

But we Cannae really talk after hibsing third.

scott herbertson

But I guess you could say it was +£500k to us and -£500k to them = £1million differential

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

But I guess you could say it was +£500k to us and -£500k to them = £1million differential

So we have lost about £12m to the sheep?

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

So we have lost about £12m to the sheep?

lol

I haven't even had a beer as an excuse

:vrface:

Naisys Tackle
Just now, scott herbertson said:

lol

I haven't even had a beer as an excuse

:vrface:

:lol: sorry mate. 

Half a game?

With the outrageous amounts of time added on by that incompetent arsehole we played for at least 77 minutes with 10 men.

Buster HMFC

Imo we've underachieved. Threw 3rd away and nearly blew 4th. Yes today was a bonus but just cmon

Who cares?

H1b5 failed to get the better of a 10 man Hearts for over an hour.

Wee Lee's march from his technical area to bump chests with Naisey was an embarrassment for them, as was the post match rammy.

They were in full party mode and got a bit of a doing in spite of the referee's bestest efforts.

OK, maybe a bit 'backs to the walls', but that shower of hacking gits failed.

Naismith did brilliantly, as did our players.

Anyone who hasn't seen our resolve since he took over needs to give their head a shake.

Superb atmosphere today.

Naismith In. 😎

Seams to have lasted for ever .its been a bit of a struggle . blew it in march /April .just glad it's over .need to get manager sorted and new players in so it's not a rush in a few weeks

ShortmanRossco
5 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

Imo we've underachieved. Threw 3rd away and nearly blew 4th. Yes today was a bonus but just cmon

A whole thread to state something everyone already knows?

Would have got third if the tinkerman was sacked quicker. Not the best season but looking forward to Naismith getting the job and bringing in proper players. 

indianajones

I think if we binned Neilson when we should have we would have finished third. If the season had another few more games we would be ahead imo. 

Terrible injuries. Other than some derby hammerings and a European away win and trips one to forget really. 

Edited by indianajones

Buster HMFC
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Not Streamers and Balloons, is that what you're saying ?

Streamers and balloons ain't for ,-Hearts fans pal. You should know that 

mickycameron98

Disappointing and a defeat today away from being disastrous. 

2 Hibs humpings and a 5 nil demolishing of the sheep were a couple of highlights. 

Playing group stage football was fantastic but we were capable of better performances and results. 

5/10

Buster HMFC
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Meh, it’s done. Looking forward to the summer and getting back at it come August.

So frustrating tho

PhoenixHearts

Bit fecked off by that "TV revenue share" column. Someone want to explain it like I'm 5? Or is it as blatantly disgusting as it looks.

Riccarton3

Third was gone. Another strange thread for tonight when the sole ducking  objective was fourth. From what I could see every Hearts fan in the ground was happy. Enjoy your night

11 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Anyone who hasn't seen our resolve since he took over needs to give their head a shake.

He has given us that in spades 

FarmerTweedy
9 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

Absolutely, yes. We've finished the season with 54 points. We should be aiming for mid-60s at least, for a reasonably good season, and ideally pushing into the 70s for a really good one. This one's been disappointing, but the board have acted accordingly in binning Neilson.  Need to hope they get the next permanent appointment right, whether it's Naismith or someone else. 

Absolute Scenes

In all honesty at the start of the season, if we’d have been told we’d finish fourth after having to go through European group stages etc I’d have been relatively happy. Think the frustration lies in how far ahead we were to throw that away. I wouldn’t say we’ve failed, but think it’s fair to say underachieved. Isn’t a terrible result overall, but we did want better

scott herbertson
16 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Who cares?

H1b5 failed to get the better of a 10 man Hearts for over an hour.

Wee Lee's march from his technical area to bump chests with Naisey was an embarrassment for them, as was the post match rammy.

They were in full party mode and got a bit of a doing in spite of the referee's bestest efforts.

OK, maybe a bit 'backs to the walls', but that shower of hacking gits failed.

Naismith did brilliantly, as did our players.

Superb atmosphere today.

Naismith In. 😎

Absolutely

We could do a lot worse than Naismith and there is a bigger risk in NOT taking him than taking him IMO

scott herbertson
9 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Bit fecked off by that "TV revenue share" column. Someone want to explain it like I'm 5? Or is it as blatantly disgusting as it looks.

I've highlighted where you've already explained it to yourself

William H. Bonney
11 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

So frustrating tho

What season watching hearts isn't. 

New players and probably management in the summer and we go again. 

Jambof3tornado

Rangers beat aberdeen before the split as expected and we dont play celtic 1st game into the split and we'd have scraped 3rd

Riccarton3

Fishing with some success tbf. 

70 odd minutes with 10, though or greet about the season. You do have to wonder.

kingantti1874

It’s not an IMO

we have underachieved. Players downed tools for neilson. Snodgrass was a disaster.

we are much better than aberdeen

also need to cut out the red cards.  Farcical

I agree it’s been poor, Aberdeen though at one point were well ahead and we then took a big lead in third, a lot more made of us throwing the lead as opposed to over the course of the season cutting the gap to 3 points having played Thursday, Sunday till Christmas and suffering some horrendous injuries and loss of players. 

We should have closed out third, but ultimately we failed due to some issue created by Neilson and Snodgrass when we were flying.

hearts @ heart

It's been a weird season.

Two windows and no solid centre half to be seen.

One off three teams with a positive goal difference but finish fourth.

VAR can make you feel hollow and confused. 

Low yellow card count and high red card count 

Euros we will have to do it the hard way even if the draw is kind to us, but that's next season.

Buster HMFC
6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

70 odd minutes with 10, though or greet about the season. You do have to wonder.

No fishing m8

• davemclaren changed the title to This season ( merged )
GarryJ-o-s

Bad discipline has cost us. 13 red cards is unacceptable.

While Hibs and Aberdeen were playing against 10 every week, we played a man down regularly. Hibs had 7/8 fewer reds than us this season. If we had sorted that I think we would have run away with third.

Bazzas right boot

We're going along nicely until the wheels came of, with Bob gone we still have issues to sort out.

Hopefully the changing room is United again, if not we need to sort that.

Red cards have been an issue.

Need better recruitment to sort or defence and midfield. 

Lc was shite, as per.

Sc - emptied by the OF as seems ti be the norm recently. 

3rd last season,  4th this season is our best consecutive seasons  for a while, let's get third again next season!

I thought we balanced the Euro/Domestic schedule fairly well, and pulled away nicely after Xmas, albeit not with particularly great football and a bit of luck. For that much, it was a solid effort. Then we just had to consolidate our good position in the final few months.

From that point on, it’s been nothing short of a disaster. What should have been the easy part turned into a nightmare. Players falling out with each other, poor recruitment being shown up etc. Neilson clearly thought the job was done, allegedly giving players days off after bad defeats, buggering off to play golf, it was an absolute lesson in mismanagement, and it’s all I will remember from this year as far as the league is concerned.

Massive improvement needed. I am still furious

22 minutes ago, GarryJ-o-s said:

Bad discipline has cost us. 13 red cards is unacceptable.

While Hibs and Aberdeen were playing against 10 every week, we played a man down regularly. Hibs had 7/8 fewer reds than us this season. If we had sorted that I think we would have run away with third.

We have had 3 in the 5 post split games. None were  correct. 

Riccarton3
34 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

No fishing m8

Noted, m8.

Big close season now to fill gaps and improve mentality and fitness to last 90 mins plus

vegas-voss
56 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s not an IMO

we have underachieved. Players downed tools for neilson. Snodgrass was a disaster.

End of the day we didn't play well enough over the season.Just like in game we play in little spells go on wee runs of wins then fall of cliffs.We need more consistency in our game and not just from one game to the next actually in matches we can go from sublime to complete shit in no time at all.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s not an IMO

The thing is we aren't much better than Aberdeen,  we haven't been much better than Aberdeen for about 15 years.

We were better than them  last season and were slightly worse this season. 

Next season we might be better again,  but over a period of time we haven't been better than Aberdeen for a while, never mind "much better".

No idea how folk conclude we are much better than Aberdeen and should be above them forever more, there is no basis for that train of thought. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, db211833 said:

We have had 3 in the 5 post split games. None were  correct. 

It was a red today,  unlucky a bit but a red, no idea why folk are debating it.

He was last man, taken out their player for a foul that would have had the hibs player 1v 1.

It's a red card.

Haring's was a farce and the other Cochrane one was  soft, but not worth the club appealing.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Arthur Morgan

The thread is kinda a fail tbf, considering we should have had 3rd. Still pissed about it but let's just make sure we don't make the same mistake again. I'm adamant we still have the 3rd best squad in the league and with a few quality additions we will get 3rd next season! 

This season .

I've seen some good games.

The European games were great.

I enjoyed the visit of Fiorentina and European football was good for the club and the support.

The mid season form.

I can't remember a season where Hearts didn't dae yer heid in though.

Buster HMFC
2 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

No greeting m8. We held on and no more today. I'm happy we got 4th but just saying it really should never came down to the last game of the season to even give them a sniff.