Berra back tonite & developing tactical awareness

Charlie-Brown

rumbles1874

not seen brown my self but have a mate who goes to all the under19's and reserve matches (must be great not to work) and he says that is one for the years to come. i say let bring them in but let them develop at ther own pace, if it means birng them in for a game or two then drop them for the next couple weeks, then so be it lets no do what has happened to elliot.

Am I missing something here? Brown is a left back not a right back. He is very much left footed. Can't see us playing him at right back. It's not really fair on a young lad to play him on the wrong side in his first match!

Am I missing something here? Brown is a left back not a right back. He is very much left footed. Can't see us playing him at right back. It's not really fair on a young lad to play him on the wrong side in his first match!

Hmmm what say those who say he is a right back? One who will be a far better right back than Neilson or Thomson?

Ryan Gosling

Brown is a two-footed left back who can play either side, but works better on the left usually because he and Rocky have a good rhythm.

Guest JamboRobbo
Does mediocre=gash?

I guess it's a polite way of saying he lacks the natural ability to ever be a star for HMFC......but can do a job in the short term if needs must.

Drylaw Hearts
Brown is a two-footed left back who can play either side, but works better on the left usually because he and Rocky have a good rhythm.

I hope Clum doesn't read that.

He may try and persuade them to join 'Dance Nation'.

Charlie-Brown
Hmmm what say those who say he is a right back? One who will be a far better right back than Neilson or Thomson?

Johnny Brown is definitely right footed but he's got a decent left foot as well and is capable of playing either fullback position to a decent standard, last season in the U19 he built up a good understanding with Visconte on the left hand side before the pair of them got injuries, later on in the season Brown was the regular right back as 16 year old Mikey Delands emerged as the top left back prospect at the club.

Brown was a sub at Ibrox last season and was in the 20 man squad for Tannadice in Frail's 1st game but didn't get a strip that day - not bad though considering he was just 17 at the time. He got an injury soon after and didn't play again till approx March/April.

Ryan Gosling
Johnny Brown is definitely right footed but he's got a decent left foot as well and is capable of playing either fullback position to a decent standard, last season in the U19 he built up a good understanding with Visconte on the left hand side before the pair of them got injuries, later on in the season Brown was the regular right back as 16 year old Mikey Delands emerged as the top left back prospect at the club.

Brown was a sub at Ibrox last season and was in the 20 man squad for Tannadice in Frail's 1st game but didn't get a strip that day - not bad though considering he was just 17 at the time. He got an injury soon after and didn't play again till approx March/April.

He was in the squad at Easter Road for Zal's day too.

Fair enough. If he is a good player then we will no doubt see him in time.

Seymour M Hersh
Hope Jamie MacDonald, Jonny Brown and Stephen Husband get run outs tonight.

I think Temps may be too small to make it, despite possessing tonnes of ability. Poor loan spell at Raith and needs to make a mark sooner rather than later to have a future here.

Sort of like Jimmy Johnston?;)

Ryan Gosling

Templeton's better suited at his age, he's played division 2 and 3 against big part-time cloggers and done well. He's more prepared than some of the others.

Are you 100% sure? I have played against and with Brown and I am convinced he is left footed!

Fat Striker

In the Hearts World footage did anyone notice Elliot making making a bee-line for Casba at full-time?

His body language was very respectful (hands behind his back etc). Looked like a wee laddie trying to impress a new teacher!

I know Elliot is public enemy #1 for most Hearts supporters at the moment, but it was good to see Csaba giving advice and direction and Elliot's willingness to listen.

Archived