Berra back tonite & developing tactical awareness

Charlie-Brown

Guest Dipped Flake

Good to see David Templeton in the squad, I really expect a lot from him.... Also good to see him wanting to change the setup, going to a 4 4 2....

still no copil either. Hate going on about him but interesting to see he's still not worth a run.

Charlie-Brown
Where is Nade?

A place in Guinea according to google earth.......groin injury i think? :)

Salvatore's Tash
still no copil either. Hate going on about him but interesting to see he's still not worth a run.

Doesn't deserve it, he ran away - feck him.

Charlie-Brown

Copil is an 18 year old kid who still has to prove himself - the other kids that are getting chances ahead of him are there on merit in my opinion.

I know that Csaba has only been in the job a minute, but given that Korobochka was supposidly looking at players to bring in, is anyone else surprised that there is not a couple of trialists in the team tonight?

Copil is an 18 year old kid who still has to prove himself - the other kids that are getting chances ahead of him are there on merit in my opinion.

I agree.... just thought he might have been given the chance had he stuck to his Summer training plan.

jamboinglasgow

would imagine copil probably been told that he has to prove himself the next few weeks with the U19s and maybe the reserves to show he really wants to shine.

Charlie-Brown
I agree.... just thought he might have been given the chance had he stuck to his Summer training plan.

I think he will have to show good form in the U19 & reserves before getting a first team opportunity - otherwise it might be seen to be rewarding his poor behaviour at the expense of other kids who have been working hard & trying their best.

Where is Nade?

Rubbing his eyes looking at the money we've paid him for nothing :mad:

Hope Jamie MacDonald, Jonny Brown and Stephen Husband get run outs tonight.

I think Temps may be too small to make it, despite possessing tonnes of ability. Poor loan spell at Raith and needs to make a mark sooner rather than later to have a future here.

Was it that bad? Didnt he score 4 in the first month then get injured?

Hope Jamie MacDonald, Jonny Brown and Stephen Husband get run outs tonight.

I think Temps may be too small to make it, despite possessing tonnes of ability. Poor loan spell at Raith and needs to make a mark sooner rather than later to have a future here.

Bit harsh, no? A Raith-supporting mate of mine reckoned he had a fair bit of potential before getting himself injured...

One of the most interesting things about that website report is the squad size we are taking to Germany.

I cant remember what happened last year, but that suggests he is looking to shape a more streamlined first team squad

There is something tickling away at me though that we did only have a trimmed squad away last summer too. Anyone remember?

maroonlegions

Provisional Hearts squad for tonight's match against Dunfermline: Steve Banks, Jamie MacDonald, Lee Wallace, Christophe Berra, Christos Karipidis, Ruben Palazuelos, Deividas Cesnauskis, Jamie Mole,:rolleyes: Eggert Jonsson, Michael Stewart, Marius Zaliukas:p, Audrius Ksanavicius, Ryan McGowan,:) David Templeton,:) Gary Glen,:) Jonathan Brown,:confused: Steven Husband:wacko:.

Entry to tonight's game is via cash turnstiles priced at ?10

rumbles1874

its it just me but are you not glad to elloit not in the squad, i hope csaba sends out alot of the young guys i think temps should get a chance, also copil will need to show he is not going to run off i understand he is a young kid, but he agreed to come to us we did not hold a gun to his head and forced him to sign, i say leave him in the under19's for a couple months, also where is bruno thought he was fit again

Charlie-Brown
What's up with Robbie Neilson?

I think he's injured but hopefully a chance for Thomson, Brown or Kelly to take they jersey from him.

That will be 27 players used in just two friendlies. That's not even including Kingston, Neilson, Nade, Aguiar, Beslija and Makela or even the other guys who have come back from loan but will surely have no future-Pelosi, the Armstrongs, McLaughlin etc.

We have to move players on before we can even think of signing anyone.

Provisional Hearts squad for tonight's match against Dunfermline: Steve Banks, Jamie MacDonald, Lee Wallace, Christophe Berra, Christos Karipidis, Ruben Palazuelos, Deividas Cesnauskis, Jamie Mole,:rolleyes: Eggert Jonsson, Michael Stewart, Marius Zaliukas:p, Audrius Ksanavicius, Ryan McGowan,:) David Templeton,:) Gary Glen,:) Jonathan Brown,:confused: Steven Husband:wacko:.

I usually get your smilies but nt sure why you have the mixed up one next to husband, he's a decent player and has to be tested at this level.

Ryan Gosling

Glad to see Temps involved.

Is there not a possibility that Rapnik and Copil are going to be involved in the Milk Cup as overage players?

Best 4-4-2 from that bunch?

Banks

Karipidis-Zaliukas-Berra-Wallace

Chesney-Jonsson-Stewart-Palazuelos

Mole-Glen

Hmmm not really up to much.

Banks

Mole-Glen

Eh? Surely Karipidis-Berra in the centre of defence.

Charlie-Brown

Out of the players listed Johnny Brown is the only natural choice to play right back so hopefully he gets his chance tonite.

Banks

Mole-Glen

Given its a friendly I would start with McGowan for Zali - Csaba has already witnessed Zali's "faints", and I would give McDonald a start too

Other than that your probs right - well, your probs right anyway, but I'd make those two changes m'sel

Not a fan of Karipidis at right back or Zaliukas at centre back.

But I presume Brown is not as good a player as Thomson at right back - as Thomson played all those games last year and was totally out of his depth.

Given its a friendly I would start with McGowan for Zali - Csaba has already witnessed Zali's "faints", and I would give McDonald a start too

Other than that your probs right - well, your probs right anyway, but I'd make those two changes m'sel

I didn't spot McGowan on the list.

But one of the few bright spots from last season was his 10 minute cameo in the last game against Gretna.

On that short basis, he looked a player.

Dr. Bapswent

Its a friendly run out to give Csaba a chance to see the players.

The particular team selection is not really that important, as long as he gets to see all the players and apply the tactics he wants.

Ryan Gosling

MacDonald, Brown, Karipidis, Berra, Wallace, Templeton, McGowan, Husband, Cesnauskis, Glen, Mole.

Charlie-Brown
Not a fan of Karipidis at right back or Zaliukas at centre back.

But I presume Brown is not as good a player as Thomson at right back - as Thomson played all those games last year and was totally out of his depth.

Jason Thomson is 21 next week, Johnny Brown only turned 18 in April so there's almost 3 years age difference, Thomson has been waiting for his chance a lot longer - I think he looks no worse than the limited Neilson but I think Brown will become a far better player than either of them. :)

Ryan Gosling
Jason Thomson is 21 next week, Johnny Brown only turned 18 in April so there's almost 3 years age difference, Thomson has been waiting for his chance a lot longer - I think he looks no worse than the limited Neilson but I think Brown will become a far better player than either of them. :)

Brown was also injured for a good chunk of last season

I have only seen Thomson in his first team games. He looks destined for the first division at best in my opinion.

I haven't seen Brown, wasn't aware of his age. Hopefully he can develop into a good player.

Guest JamboRobbo
I have only seen Thomson in his first team games. He looks destined for the first division at best in my opinion.

From what I've seen, I'd agree with that assesment. A young version of Robbie. Which says it all. We've no need to develop a mediocre right back, when we've already got a fully developed mediocre right back.

Ryan Gosling
One of my best mates through in Glasgow is a Raith fan and said he was really disappointing. He didn't have much time for Temps or Goodwillie though so maybe he's just a bit of a moaner.

Goodwillie (lol) also had a really good spell there so your mate seems to be rubbish.

:D

jamboinglasgow

brown has always impressed me everytime I have seen him play for the U19's. Was one of the players who stood out. He reminds me a bit of Hutton that he is not afraid to go forward. The fact he can play either side is always a bonus. Think he will shine the next few seasons.

Ryan Gosling
I'll tell him that.

"Peanut says you're rubbish"

That's what I'll say.

That'll learn him.

From what I've seen, I'd agree with that assesment. A young version of Robbie. Which says it all. We've no need to develop a mediocre right back, when we've already got a fully developed mediocre right back.

Does mediocre=gash?

One of my best mates through in Glasgow is a Raith fan and said he was really disappointing. He didn't have much time for Temps or Goodwillie though so maybe he's just a bit of a moaner.

Fair enough. Can't be much fun being a Raith supporter in all honesty. Probably slightly worse than being a Jambo!

Fair enough. Can't be much fun being a Raith supporter in all honesty. Probably slightly worse than being a Jambo!

But better than being a Hobo

Jambof3tornado

WHERES CLUM???? Has someone shown Csaba the dancing video??

I like Csaba more and more each day(i will expect to be disappointed tonight when clum gets off the bus);)

Archived