Ginnelly

Thomaso

4 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Never said he was on the same level as Rudi, just that he had an ability to flip games we were toiling in on their head in a way that reminded me of him. He had one poor season (still contributed) where he struggled for game time & may not have been fit, the championship season it’s hard to judge him on because he was clearly too good for the league but immediately got hurt. The important one is that last season he was absolutely immense from about October onwards and I struggle to remember individually a bad game he had, that’s not exaggerating.

Just a shame it took Robbie so long to realise he wasn't a wingback

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Ricardo Quaresma

• GinRummy

• OTT

Bravo lad.

I often questioned his motivation and desire.........and quite frankly I have never seen a footballer with such poor body language but his ability is there for all to see.

I wish him good things indeed. I can't see him becoming a top player but he is certainly a very good one.

8 hours ago, Diehardjambo1 said:

Belter of a strike but Ginos gone and the standard of player we have brought in look every bit as good if you ask me. Onwards and upwards 

This for me. Gino definitely developed into something special, but was pretty underwhelming initially. Have a feeling our latest signings will be very much up to speed from the off. Oda, Vargas and Tagawa all look like the part. Add Lowry to that lot and I'm sure we will soon forget about Gino. All the best to him though. 

Shooter McGavin

Still a bit gutted he left.

I remember a thread popped up towards the end of last season along the lines of “Players you’d be happy to let go” and someone chose Ginnelly.

At the time he was our 2nd best goalscorer and something like 3rd most assists for the season. But apparently he didn’t contribute enough 😂😂😂 

Mind boggling.

A_A wehatethehibs

A great player hope he gets to his dream

of playing in the Premier League.

We knew he would be a good signing for someone. 

9 hours ago, gorgieroar said:

4 ex hearts players scored tonight McEneff, Woodburn, humphies,ginnelly

Who does mceneff play for now.  Thought he was in australia

The Apprentice
8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

There’s no arguably about it! 

The maroon tinted specs slipped the more I watched it to be fair.

What a great goal.

If any of the new signings deliver what Gino did I'll be delighted. Personally still think we're weaker without him though.

7 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Not many players who can score a goal like that?

OK.

And yet this wonder player ended up in the championship? 

Come on. He was a very useful player for us. And that is a cracking goal. But let's not pretend he is a world beater. 

I've certainly not seen many better goals scored than that. Thus why my comment as not many players can score a goal like that, as you don't see many goals like that so that would indicate not many players can score goals like that. If Ginnelly keeps scoring goals like that he won't be in the Championship for long. Hope this clears it up for you. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Who does mceneff play for now.  Thought he was in australia

He's still in Australia according to Wiki and Transfermarkt.

Must have been some strike.

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, Philfigo said:

I've certainly not seen many better goals scored than that. Thus why my comment as not many players can score a goal like that, as you don't see many goals like that so that would indicate not many players can score goals like that. If Ginnelly keeps scoring goals like that he won't be in the Championship for long. Hope this clears it up for you. 

So when we scored from our own half last season that should mean he will be getting a call from a top tier league any day now. Don't see many of them. 

What a goal, the power he has generated there is incredible. Good luck to him down there I hope he does well for himself. 

12 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

What a goal, the power he has generated there is incredible. Good luck to him down there I hope he does well for himself. 

He’s hit that so hard and flush. 30 yards out keeper barely moved for it

Diehardjambo1
4 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

This for me. Gino definitely developed into something special, but was pretty underwhelming initially. Have a feeling our latest signings will be very much up to speed from the off. Oda, Vargas and Tagawa all look like the part. Add Lowry to that lot and I'm sure we will soon forget about Gino. All the best to him though. 

Spot on 👍

Very good player. Best of luck to him.

He was out of contract and was offered 3 times his salary to play in a bigger league.

Edited by Lambo85

4 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

So when we scored from our own half last season that should mean he will be getting a call from a top tier league any day now. Don't see many of them. 

Yes Humphys goal was great and you don't see many of them. You are missing the point totally and seem intent of having a bit of banter. The point being if Gino repeatedly scores goals of a similar fashion then absolutely a Premiership manager will be looking. Also is Humphys repeatedly scored from half way line a Premiership manager would be on the blower. The word repeatedly or continues to do being the buzz words as per my last post. If he doesn't and its just a one off then no a Premiership manager will not be on the phone to him. Hope this is enough clarification for you. 

Tommy Brown
22 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Gino is a phenomenal striker of the ball. 

His equaliser against sheep was one beautiful strike.