Naismith In!!!!

kingantti1874

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Depends what he would have being doing since his retirement. Managing something like Everton B team or coaching in England and you would have been saying what a great choice he would be.

No matter who we appoint, once we lose a game you'll be demanding he be sacked as he isn't good enough.

👍

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Still people trying to absolve Boab Snoreson of blame :rofl:

You're blaming him for not playing Haring when he was medically unavailable? Right, sound.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Would we even consider Naismith for a fleeting moment if he was not already employed at Hearts ? No ! Not a chance. He’s not qualified enough or experienced enough to get the Hearts head coach job. End of.

Yes. If he'd set the heather alight for the run-in, it'd be one thing, but it would almost have had to be perfect. The Hibs and Mirren performances alone pretty much mean it wasn't good enough, unless we absolutely turn into Burley's 2005 team in the last three.

It's still a no from me.

I'm seeing the drive and fight I'd expect to see but that can also just be the new manager bounce. Not necessarily Naismiths doing. More the old manager being gone. 

When it comes down to it. The fight won us a point against St Mirren, Great, I want us fighting to the bitter end.

But the naivety, lack of experience, Lack of tactical ability, Whatever you want to call it left us 2-0 and watching 3rd slip away. First half we were given a lesson. 

I like Naismith. I just think this is too big too soon. 

5 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Yes. If he'd set the heather alight for the run-in, it'd be one thing, but it would almost have had to be perfect. The Hibs and Mirren performances alone pretty much mean it wasn't good enough, unless we absolutely turn into Burley's 2005 team in the last three.

Yep. He’s had two largely horrible performances. Shut your eyes and those could have been Neilson performances. He’s had a decent effort against Celtic somewhat spoiled by a red card and he’s had a swashbuckling performance against the bottom team.

He’s had a mixed bag when what he really needed, however unreasonable it was to expect it, was a very quick overhaul of attitude and a transformation in performance.

He now probably needs an unlikely looking 3 out 3 to recover 3rd place. If he doesn’t get 3rd his appointment has not worked. It’s been a failure because let’s not forget the reason that was given for making the change when we did. It was to recover 3rd because it’s so important. It’s the be all and end all that he actually denied it was.

Theres still something deep seated wrong with this group of players though. They’ve really turned it on maybe 4 or 5 times all season. They’ve also got away with some big wins after lukewarm performances. Mostly they’ve been dreadful, especially away from home and there was never a time you could be confident about what was coming from them in terms of effort, performance and result. Strangely we’ve ended up with a team that is LESS than the sum of its parts and you don’t see that often.

IMO the incoming head coach has a dressing room to sort out, before he even thinks about brining new players in, adopting a style of play, getting his ideas and personality listened to. Getting this away from into something more acceptable. It’s a huge job and it’s going to take big boots and instant respect to carry it off. I’m all for Naismith being involved but not the big job. It’s too big for him at this stage.

Edited by JimmyCant

132goals1958
14 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Depends what he would have being doing since his retirement. Managing something like Everton B team or coaching in England and you would have been saying what a great choice he would be.

No matter who we appoint, once we lose a game you'll be demanding he be sacked as he isn't good enough.

Yeah. The clamour for an experienced English or foreign type coach to hop back on the managerial merry go round might just see us repeat the mistake we made with Stendall . Remember the overwhelming positive reaction to his appointment on here and it all ending in tears . One thing Naismith isn’t is a miracle worker and anyone expecting a massive transformation in the final five games is living in cloud cuckoo territory . Of course Saturday was disappointing but in the context of recent history coming back from even a one goal deficit away from home was an improvement. Don’t envy the board’s task as they have to strike a balance between appointing someone who although inexperienced is hungry, knows the club well and demonstrated early potential as against a sexy name who have been round the block several times. Appointing Naismith is a gamble as is the alternatives but one worth taking.

Unless we suffer bad defeats at home to Sheep and\or Hibs I think Naismith has to be a serious contender.  Being a glass half full person I look at the the two home games so far.  v Ross fast and exciting.  v Celtic (prior to red card) fast and in their faces with crowd right behind the team.  I have been genuinly excited watching the team in these games and that's how I want us to play.  Do that against Sheep and Hibs and I think we will win both games and have Tynie rocking.  Yes Easter Road and Paisley were poor although I don't think we would have recovered a two goal deficit a couple of months ago.  

9 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Yep. He’s had two largely horrible performances. Shut your eyes and those could have been Neilson performances. He’s had a decent effort against Celtic somewhat spoiled by a red card and he’s had a swashbuckling performance against the bottom team.

He’s had a mixed bag when what he really needed, however unreasonable it was to expect it, was a very quick overhaul of attitude and a transformation in performance.

He now probably needs an unlikely looking 3 out 3 to recover 3rd place. If he doesn’t get 3rd his appointment has not worked. It’s been a failure because let’s not forget the reason that was given for making the change when we did. It was to recover 3rd because it’s so important. It’s the be all and end all that he actually denied it was.

Theres still something deep seated wrong with this group of players though. They’ve really turned it on maybe 4 or 5 times all season. They’ve also got away with some big wins after lukewarm performances. Mostly they’ve been dreadful, especially away from home and there was never a time you could be confident about what was coming from them in terms of effort, performance and result. Strangely we’ve ended up with a team that is LESS than the sum of its parts and you don’t see that often.

IMO the incoming head coach has a dressing room to sort out, before he even thinks about brining new players in, adopting a style of play, getting his ideas and personality listened to. Getting this away from into something more acceptable. It’s a huge job and it’s going to take big boots and instant respect to carry it off. I’m all for Naismith being involved but not the big job. It’s too big for him at this stage.

Nail on the head, Jimmy 👏👏

39 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Yeah. The clamour for an experienced English or foreign type coach to hop back on the managerial merry go round might just see us repeat the mistake we made with Stendall . Remember the overwhelming positive reaction to his appointment on here and it all ending in tears . One thing Naismith isn’t is a miracle worker and anyone expecting a massive transformation in the final five games is living in cloud cuckoo territory . Of course Saturday was disappointing but in the context of recent history coming back from even a one goal deficit away from home was an improvement. Don’t envy the board’s task as they have to strike a balance between appointing someone who although inexperienced is hungry, knows the club well and demonstrated early potential as against a sexy name who have been round the block several times. Appointing Naismith is a gamble as is the alternatives but one worth taking.

Yeah, but as Jimmy Cant  says he was put in place to get us third because they didn’t think Neilson would.  Third place was the reason for Neilson’s sacking. At least that was what McKinlay said at the time. Unless he was lying to us then failure to get third means the change has failed. 
Can’t help but asking  the question - if Robson was still interim manager at Aberdeen, not permanent, would he now be a strong candidate to be our next permanent manager?   His track record as a first team coach is much better than Naismith’s. I think the answer to the question is no however. Naismith is favoured by many on here simply because he is an ex-player. Many can’t break out of that cycle. 

21 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Unless we suffer bad defeats at home to Sheep and\or Hibs I think Naismith has to be a serious contender.  Being a glass half full person I look at the the two home games so far.  v Ross fast and exciting.  v Celtic (prior to red card) fast and in their faces with crowd right behind the team.  I have been genuinly excited watching the team in these games and that's how I want us to play.  Do that against Sheep and Hibs and I think we will win both games and have Tynie rocking.  Yes Easter Road and Paisley were poor although I don't think we would have recovered a two goal deficit a couple of months ago.  

We didn’t look like recovering a two goal deficit in Paisley until their defender had a brain fart in the 96th minute. We didn’t create that penalty opportunity. We were gifted it. 

16 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Neilson should have been emptied last season. Infact he shouldn't have been brought back we ground to a halt drawing with shan teams in the league below. Pedestrian like football.

Naismith is 10x the man he'll ever be. A serial loser is RN.

Serial loser ? He played a big part in winning a Scottish Cup with us and has played and managed us in European groups among other achievements . I am surprised at how high a bar you set when deciding who in life are classed as losers . It is not like he has a criminal record and jail time in his past , or an inability to hold down a job due to substance abuse , that is proper loser territory . He is a pretty successful player and manager who has made the most out of the chances he has earned in life . You make out as if he is some kind of socially undesirable type , like a member of a racist organisation or something 

Jim Panzee
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Serial loser ? He played a big part in winning a Scottish Cup with us and has played and managed us in European groups among other achievements . I am surprised at how high a bar you set when deciding who in life are classed as losers . It is not like he has a criminal record and jail time in his past , or an inability to hold down a job due to substance abuse , that is proper loser territory . He is a pretty successful player and manager who has made the most out of the chances he has earned in life . You make out as if he is some kind of socially undesirable type , like a member of a racist organisation or something 

if Neilson is a serial loser, then that probably applies to the vast majority of Hearts managers?

maybe Hearts isn't the team for some folk to follow. hey ho.

132goals1958
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We didn’t look like recovering a two goal deficit in Paisley until their defender had a brain fart in the 96th minute. We didn’t create that penalty opportunity. We were gifted it. 

To be fair that is one angle. There are what ifs and maybes in every game. No way was there a foul that gave them the free kick that led to their second goal. The Haring sending off probably didn’t influence the final outcome. It wasn’t a good performance but we managed to salvage a point when previously it would have been unlikely 

40 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Facts are facts.  2-2

OmiyaHearts
5 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Facts are facts.  2-2

According to Neilson out mob, its style of play and performances that matter. Not results. 

49 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

To be fair that is one angle. There are what ifs and maybes in every game. No way was there a foul that gave them the free kick that led to their second goal. The Haring sending off probably didn’t influence the final outcome. It wasn’t a good performance but we managed to salvage a point when previously it would have been unlikely 

Nevertheless we were 2-0 and 2-1 down a didn’t look like getting an equaliser until the gift of a penalty. 

18 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Facts are facts.  2-2

Agreed but disagree that it was a great fight back.  We were limited in attempts and lacking in effort and ideas in last 15 minutes. 

13 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

According to Neilson out mob, its style of play and performances that matter. Not results. 

Closet Hibs fans. Thiugh not that well hidden these days. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed but disagree that it was a great fight back.  We were limited in attempts and lacking in effort and ideas in last 15 minutes. 

Yeah I just said that I don't think we would have come back at all a couple of months back.  Our first goal was well made and well taken.  

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

We could go round in circles with this. 3rd place finish, penalty kick away from winning the Scottish cup and getting us back into Europe. Aye but folk didn’t hate Neilson. He’s gone but I appreciate the job he done for us but we can do better than him. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

We could go round in circles with this. 3rd place finish, penalty kick away from winning the Scottish cup and getting us back into Europe. Aye but folk didn’t hate Neilson. He’s gone but I appreciate the job he done for us but we can do better than him. 

Absolutely. Anyone who doesn’t accept that Neilson did very effective jobs for us in both stints just has to be carrying some odd grievance for whatever reason.  Unlikely we will get another manager in with Neilson’s win ratio regardless of league we are in.  Yes at times the football was turgid but it’s a results game, certainly when it comes to managers keeping their jobs.  

I think we can and hope we do manage to find someone better but in terms of league finishes and even Scottish cup runs he is a tough act to follow. Successor probably needs time and a bit of patience from the fans - but will he get it? 

132goals1958
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Nevertheless we were 2-0 and 2-1 down a didn’t look like getting an equaliser until the gift of a penalty. 

Clear cut penalty unlike the gift of a free kick that led to their second goal. You could also argue the St Mirren player that checked Oda high up in the first half deserved to be sent off more than Haring. Not trying to sugar coat the performance in any way but just making the point that we fought back to claim a point,  Just inaccurate to only be selective only on the run of play of play that went for us 

1 minute ago, 132goals1958 said:

Clear cut penalty unlike the gift of a free kick that led to their second goal. You could also argue the St Mirren player that checked Oda high up in the first half deserved to be sent off more than Haring. Not trying to sugar coat the performance in any way but just making the point that we fought back to claim a point,  Just inaccurate to only be selective only on the run of play of play that went for us 

Everyone has an opinion.  Yes they shouldn’t have had a free kick at second goal, yes Haring was never a red card, lots of other ifs and buts.  However we didn’t look like getting an equaliser in last 10-15 minutes. Their keeper didn’t have a save to make. We only got the equaliser because yet another move had broken down, Ginnelly was moving away from goal towards the edge of the box and Flynn for some reason decided to shove  him in the back.  Had we been battering  their goal for 10-15 mins and then equalised I would agree with you. But we weren’t. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
40 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The only closet Hibbys on here are the welts who backed the Boab Wankson snorathon

Jambo in Bathgate
18 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

The problem has been since Halkett injuries we haven’t had a commanding centre half. The fault was not replacing him with similar. We have been soft at set pieces. Naismith can’t make a one of the other CH’s into Halkett that comes with years of playing that way. 

132goals1958
1 minute ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

The problem has been since Halkett injuries we haven’t had a commanding centre half. The fault was not replacing him with similar. We have been soft at set pieces. Naismith can’t make a one of the other CH’s into Halkett that comes with years of playing that way. 

Just hope that Halkett returns from injury and the same player as before his setback. Every team has injuries but him and Benni being out for so long has been a massive blow.

Robbo-Jambo

Naismith is not ready for the job yet but wouldn't mind seeing him involved as part of a new management team. 

That said, most managers like to bring in their own men so it's a case of wait and see I suppose.

36 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The only closet Hibbys on here are the welts who backed the Boab Wankson snorathon

🤷‍♂️

Jim Panzee
39 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

ha ha. that's a really funny name for an ex hearts manager.

keep 'em coming 🤣

kingantti1874
18 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Would we even consider Naismith for a fleeting moment if he was not already employed at Hearts ? No ! Not a chance. He’s not qualified enough or experienced enough to get the Hearts head coach job. End of.

We wouldn’t no but he is here and if he does a good job he should be considered.

Sadly hearts are big enough or wealthy enough to hire a “sure thing” experienced manager. It won’t happen.  There is no affordable option who ticks every box 

Every single manager we can get will either lack experience in some way, or have failed at a previous role  in some way.

im not saying Naisy should get the job. Only that experience would not and should not rule him out.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Nobody ever said results don't matter. Fans of football also like to be entertained while they get results. It's actually possible to do both believe it or not.

26 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Naismith is not ready for the job yet but wouldn't mind seeing him involved as part of a new management team. 

That said, most managers like to bring in their own men so it's a case of wait and see I suppose.

I wouldn't say he's not ready but I think we'll be looking for someone with more experience. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Fair. 

And let's hope so!

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

No desire to go around in any circles . Neilson had to go , I agree . I also agree he was good and bad . Where I do not agree , is this ****ing stupid shit about being a serial loser . It is just patently untrue and the dribblings of people who are often deflecting the sort of characterisation that many would place on themselves 

1 hour ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Agreed and not just in defensive terms.....This season we have rarely ever looked like scoring in the opposing penalty area at corners/free kicks. Normally you send up the centres to challenge for headers and either sometimes create direct scoring opportunities or at least win some headers to produce second chance scenarios........we win nowt !! Our centres in defence and attack dont out muscle/jump their opponents very often. Is this why we regularly resort to short corners ?? Because we know that we are wasting time by firing balls in ??  

58 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

ha ha. that's a really funny name for an ex hearts manager.

keep 'em coming 🤣

This is what I mean . Seriously , how can Hearts supporters be triggered in to that sort of childish personal abuse over a guy who only ever did his best but eventually fell short . Childish nicknames and serial loser tags ? Genuinely worry about the mentality and stability of some people 

Luckies1874

Nothing has changed. If they appoint Naismith full time it shows a complete lack of ambition. Which worries me given the easy option is the one those who run us often take.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think when you examine Ross Countys past 6 to 8 weeks, that win has been grossly undervalued compared to how the loss v Hibs is exaggerated. 

Thats JKB though.

The St Mirren game is the key thus far, it showed no progress away from home, and we have no game of that type left to use as a barometer. It would need to be two exceptional home performances to tip the scales in his favour

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

by the neilson out mob.  You mean 99% of our supporters who could see he had clearly lost the dressing room 😂 I actually haven’t seen a real life hearts fan who was anything other than relieved 

3 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Style of play is tolerable until results stop coming. 

I think Robbies way of setting up was too stifling to most players and I don't think its controversial to say the players didn't look like they were enjoying playing football. When that happened, morale plummeted and so did the results. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I think when you examine Ross Countys past 6 to 8 weeks, that win has been grossly undervalued compared to how the loss v Hibs is exaggerated. 

Thats JKB though.

The St Mirren game is the key thus far, it showed no progress away from home, and we have no game of that type left to use as a barometer. It would need to be two exceptional home performances to tip the scales in his favour

St Mirren was a funny game, it showed us at our worst away from home, especially first half. But to come back from 2-0 down is still the mentality I want to see from the players where they will keep pushing. Just need to make sure we are shooting ourselves in the foot earlier in the game which we have done so many times.

Was listening to the SATF podcast today I do agree, there needs to be a reset in mentality in how we approach away games and I dont think that happens till a new manager comes in and works on the squad (with some out and some in.) Naismith needs to get the players fired up for the home games and not afraid to attack and battle for it.

OmiyaHearts
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Haha aye no bother. Been a subcriber here for 15 years mate as well as a donator.

Just happy to have a a dig at people when they act like idiots. Especially posters like you.

20 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Dunno about you but everytime we lose I analyse who or what was mostly at fault. Everytime we win I analyse what was good that contributed.

If the answer most times we lose, and were losing a lot of the time, is ‘the head coach got it wrong’ then the head coach probably has to go.

Most of the recent losses, in my opinion, we’re due to a combination of mostly the head coach getting things wrong and some players frequently not playing up to the standard required.

That being the case I was of the opinion that the head coach had to go and some players need to be replaced.

How do you arrive at an opinion on whether the head coach needs to go ?  Or do you just blindly support the head coach no matter what.

If Naismith got the job (he won’t anyway) and by Christmas it clearly wasn’t working or going to work, I’d want him gone. If Savage/McKinley get this appointment wrong, I’ll want them gone as well.

Its no difficult mate

Edited by JimmyCant

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

St Mirren was a funny game, it showed us at our worst away from home, especially first half. But to come back from 2-0 down is still the mentality I want to see from the players where they will keep pushing. Just need to make sure we are shooting ourselves in the foot earlier in the game which we have done so many times.

Was listening to the SATF podcast today I do agree, there needs to be a reset in mentality in how we approach away games and I dont think that happens till a new manager comes in and works on the squad (with some out and some in.) Naismith needs to get the players fired up for the home games and not afraid to attack and battle for it.

Unfortunately 6 weeks is not enough time to make a call, however as I said earlier in the thread its still 6 weeks more than you get to view any other candidate in the flesh. Going to be a tough call and one that will likely divide opinion, again

Look, most Hearts teams will take care of most teams at home. 

What I want is someone, anyone, who does not shit it the minute our bus passes beyond sighthill. If that's Naismith, good (and not ruling him out, seen some bite and improvements since he came in and its very early doors for him).

If it's not to be Naismith, please Hearts for the love of God get someone with a consistently decent away record throughout their managerial career.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Unfortunately 6 weeks is not enough time to make a call, however as I said earlier in the thread its still 6 weeks more than you get to view any other candidate in the flesh. Going to be a tough call and one that will likely divide opinion, again

I do think a new manager will in place by the Scottish cup final at the latest. I think there is a lot going on behind the scenes which isn't getting reported (not ITK, just a hunch.) I dont think Naismith will be the new manager, I do think the club know how important it is to get this right so they have time to get things sorted.

31 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Thats JKB though.

I agree with the above. The one difference with the St Mirren game is how Naismith spoke about the first half after the game. He was spot on and made it a lot clearer than Neilson ever did that it was unacceptable. Its quite simple for Naismith, get 3rd and he deserves a crack at the job, anything less then we should look elsewhere. 

gorgierulesapply88
17 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I agree with the above. The one difference with the St Mirren game is how Naismith spoke about the first half after the game. He was spot on and made it a lot clearer than Neilson ever did that it was unacceptable. Its quite simple for Naismith, get 3rd and he deserves a crack at the job, anything less then we should look elsewhere. 

Achieve a miracle and rely on results elsewhere get the job. Finish 4th, and not be in with a shout of it?

Weird.

47 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Haha aye no bother. Been a subcriber here for 15 years mate as well as a donator.

Just happy to have a a dig at people when they act like idiots. Especially posters like you.

👍tbh I thought I was agreeing with you🤷‍♂️