Kaunas well on way to meet Rangers

Benny Factor

The Mighty Thor

Who cares?

I don't get the esprit de corps with Kaunas. I hate them.

I have a similar emotional attachment to them as i have to the lochend tramps. Zero.

FTK.

If we were to get some kinda assurance that we'll never get another Kaunas player either by purchase or loan or whatever..... I'll be a happier person.

Kaunas = Vlad = Bad.

Guest JamboRobbo
If we were to get some kinda assurance that we'll never get another Kaunas player either by purchase or loan or whatever..... I'll be a happier person.

Kaunas = Vlad = Bad.

Agreed. Still got way too many of these imposters at our club.

I hope our new manager is given the authority to send them home.

FTK.

I think we've had two Kaunas Captains.

One was Ricky Beniusis - and we all know what happened to him.

I think you are referring to Tomas Kanchelskis, a defender, who has played RB, LB, and CB for us in the last few seasons. He returned home with Kurskis and Beniusis earlier in the year.

Agree he seemed to be a good player, much better than Zaliukis anyway. However was quite old, 34 i think, and had a habit of getting booked a lot.

He's 32 actualy. IMO could have played a bit more for Hearts than the ~5 games he did.

He's 32 actualy. IMO could have played a bit more for Hearts than the ~5 games he did.

I thought he was a committed player who loved tackling. Was unlike every other Lithuanian player brought in so far (other than Barasa) in that regard. For most of his games though he played at full back and his total lack of pace was shown up in all of them. He had to be substituted in the first half at Aberdeen I think before he was sent off due to his lack of pace contributing to mistimed tackles. Not good enough for the SPL.

Guest JamboRobbo
ah ok sorry mate, it was a good freekick by the looks of it.

So is this Rafael Ledesma actually any good then?

He's brazilian. He plays his football in Lithuania. What do you think?

alwaysthereinspirit

Kaunus have a Brazilian playing for them. Why cant Mad get a Brazilian playing for us?;)

Kaunus have a Brazilian playing for them. Why cant Mad get a Brazilian playing for us?;)

It's those damn work permits ;)

Not really interested in Kaunas, but if we continue to bring their players over as part of the pyrimid I would prefer to know that at least they are winning their league and beating teams from Andora - if not just think of the standard of player we could get.

As for the CL - in the words of Keegen 'I Would Love It' if they beat Rangers cause no doubt the tie will be turned in to rangers v Kaunas/vlad/hearts by the media and I would love to see the headlines if they dump rangers out the CL

Hope rangers absolutely hammer them.

Agreed. If Rangers FC don't win it will be bad for the coefficient. :sad:

Archived