Suitable managers

Sertse

2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Not sure about this. Get the manager wrong and it will cost £5m in lost European money. 

Too late for that now. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

2 minutes ago, Butterbean1874 said:

McIness just lost his assistant to Dundee, McIness for the Hearts job & Naismith as assistant 

😂😂 Del Boy? Come now 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Butterbean1874 said:

McIness just lost his assistant to Dundee, McIness for the Hearts job & Naismith as assistant 

Was wondering who that was, thought i recognised the name 😆

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Too late for that now. 

We can still qualify, unlikely looking at the teams we might face. 

Spellczech

Don't want someone from League of Ireland. It never really works for them either as players or managers...Would be as well looking in the leagues below if that is our thoughts...

Spellczech
10 minutes ago, Butterbean1874 said:

If McInnes left Killie then Killie would be after Naismith.

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Maybe but Im confident he will do well and I would rather we spent the money on a quality centre half or attacking midfielder.

Agree spending money on a new management team and having to pay off present team. Naismith has done a good job as far as I was concerned. We’ve had signs that the away form which has been abysmal for years is moving in a better direction. Money needs to be spent on improving certain areas for the game in Scotland. 

Finlay James

I get the impression from his interviews that Naismith doesn’t fully believe he’s getting the job.  

David McCaig
1 minute ago, mellors1874 said:

Alex Neil is preferred candidate.

All depends on payoff from Stoke.

I think I'd prefer Naismith to Neil.

mellors1874
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I think I'd prefer Naismith to Neil.

Not a fan of Neil to be honest.

Have liked the way we have played under Naisy.

The Old Tolbooth
53 minutes ago, Butterbean1874 said:

God no! Just another manager on the Scottish merry go round of managerial candidates, an appointment like that wouldn't unite fans at all. 

51 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Too late for that now. 

I may be wrong, but I thought he meant for next season as group football for 3rd place is on offer then too. 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Not a fan of Neil to be honest.

Have liked the way we have played under Naisy.

You'd have to think it was Savage leading the recruitment process if this came to pass.

4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

God no! Just another manager on the Scottish merry go round of managerial candidates, an appointment like that wouldn't unite fans at all. 

I may be wrong, but I thought he meant for next season as group football for 3rd place is on offer then too. 

This season. Can't honestly see us qualifying through to the group stage. 

Naismith should certainly look to get a managers job now. Not be an assistant when he's already learned from good managers during his playing career.

The Old Tolbooth
18 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

This season. Can't honestly see us qualifying through to the group stage. 

Neither can I but you never know, it's gonna be bloody tough like

24 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Exactly what I meant 👍

It will be Naismith as it is all about comfort in the peace and tranquillity of Budge towers.

That been said, I would not be too pissed off about this on the basis we offer him no more than a one year deal at the start.

Giving a young rookie manager with everything to prove a 3 year deal at a top flight club is insanity.

If he does well then we re-address the ts & cs after a year

RustyRightPeg
42 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

You'd have to think it was Savage leading the recruitment process if this came to pass.

Oh absolutely. Don’t know if it goes as far as jobs for the boys, but with McAvoy being there already it isn’t far off. 

Nerja Jambo
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It will be Naismith as it is all about comfort in the peace and tranquillity of Budge towers.

That been said, I would not be too pissed off about this on the basis we offer him no more than a one year deal at the start.

Giving a young rookie manager with everything to prove a 3 year deal at a top flight club is insanity.

A bit like the insanity of giving Neilson a 3 year extension before a ball was kicked this season. Who came up with that brilliant idea. 

InternationalJambo
2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Alex Neil into 6/1 :laugh:

It'll be Naismith. I think we'd regret letting him go.

He is leaving stoke. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me.

john thomas
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Why do you feel the need to share this shite ?

weegie jambo

I really hope it is Naismith. We know what we are getting with him and I've seen enough during his temp term to see that he is a strong character with progressive methods. He's adopted an attacking style, knows when and how to make a good tactical substitution. He doesn't take any nonsense (see Snodgrass) and knows how to motivate players (see Oda). A one year rolling contract seems sensible. Yes, he's not managed many games but as he says himself, he has played at the highest level under some good managers. He talks well, appears to have a plan and instills far more hope than Neilson ever did.

Going for any Scottish manager from the merry-go-round would be hugely underwhelming. A foreign left field appointment would be far more appealing although still a huge risk, we could get anyone! No, Naisy's the boy for me!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Muscat doing good work in Japan and is also a proper niggly, aggressive twat which I like 

3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I don’t think it is? I thought this year was last it was guaranteed 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Naismith should certainly look to get a managers job now. Not be an assistant when he's already learned from good managers during his playing career.

Plus with being in charge of the youngsters for a while, people will have a good idea of how he is towards players.

All the players already know him and I'm sure he has the respect of all of them.

I'd be happy with Naismith. He seems very motivated.

I think it would mean Savage having near total control of recruitment when it was more Hybrid with him and Robbie.

The only note of caution I'd have is form and results didn't change much under him. We were more direct and had more energy but it was 2 wins from 7 and he failed to beat Hibs twice. It wasn't all sugar and honey.

ford donald
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Yes.thats my take on it,I think the job is his,they know him,easy transaction. 

mellors1874
4 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Yeah definitely.

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

And the new coach is just along the corridor all the time.

:laugh2:

I'd go for Naismith.

Any manger is a gamble, give him a chance.

Don't know if he would accept a one year contract, or not. But we have to get this over and done with asap.

Thunder and Lightning

We will get who we get. While this thread is a fun read we know nothing. 

Once the  announcement is made we will all fall into line and back him. 

1 hour ago, Daveandal said:

I think it would mean Savage having near total control of recruitment when it was more Hybrid with him and Robbie.

The only note of caution I'd have is form and results didn't change much under him. We were more direct and had more energy but it was 2 wins from 7 and he failed to beat Hibs twice. It wasn't all sugar and honey.

I actually think Naismith would challenge Savage much more than Robbie appeared to do.

If he doesn’t fancy any of the 3 options put to him for a position he’s going to leave him in no doubt he needs to look again

One thing you can say about Naismith is he doesn’t take any shite, whether that’s from below him or above him or equal to him or anyone else who crosses his path in the wrong way.

5 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Alex Neil into 6/1 :laugh:

It'll be Naismith. I think we'd regret letting him go.

Savage would be pushing for this big time.

34 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I actually think Naismith would challenge Savage much more than Robbie appeared to do.

If he doesn’t fancy any of the 3 options put to him for a position he’s going to leave him in no doubt he needs to look again

One thing you can say about Naismith is he doesn’t take any shite, whether that’s from below him or above him or equal to him or anyone else who crosses his path in the wrong way.

Its all speculation but Robbie and Joe spoke of how well they worked together and how they sold the club to players.

Whatever happens the relationship between Joe and the new manager will be reset. It might work better it might not.

Big summer ahead and whoever we appoint we need to do it soon. We can't,  IMO, hang about just in case a real top drawer name might fancy it but won't commit until say the end of July.

50 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Can't see odds anymore.

From my gambling days, it could mean they’ve taken a lot of money on one candidate that makes them think that gambler knew something. 

might not be that. 

indianajones

Just noticed Gernnaro Gattuso still doesnt have a job.

Imagine the scenes with that lunatic on the touchline. Would be up for it to be honest. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Daveandal said:

I think Cochranes 2 red cards didn’t help, probably had our best return after the split for a long time. He certainly had the players playing for him. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think Cochranes 2 red cards didn’t help, probably had our best return after the split for a long time. He certainly had the players playing for him. 

Exactly.  Why we're debating the chances of Uncle Tom Cobly and all defies me.  But that's Kickback, nothing is simple.

Give the man the job. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Exactly.  Why we're debating the chances of Uncle Tom Cobly and all defies me.  But that's Kickback, nothing is simple.

Give the man the job. 

I get the debate about experience, for once Im still undecided 😂

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

:HeartsManspotrun:

I believe it's time bazza 😁

Edited by Bongo 1874