• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Luckies1874

• Bazzas right boot

Crisis talks 🤣🤣🤣🤣 aye ok. Just get shot of him and the charlatans at his side. It’s nowhere near good enough. We need someone who knows how to properly set up a team and motivate them. All Robbie is doing is basics and not very well. I’m 

Nothing wrong with honest talks. As long as he's also willing to reflect and listen.

But if he has 2 weeks working with most of the squad and we still rock up to Rugby Park with a 3-4-3 it ultimately doesn't matter. And I think that's exactly what will happen as he's incredibly stubborn.

Rocky jamboa
13 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

How on earth can you have 62% possession with 0 shots on target? That's absolutely astonishing, really is. You don't even need to watch the game to know what happens anymore, it's so obvious. Passing about at the back and nothing else. Absolutely depressing stuff. 

I can only assume Robbie and the coaching staff are besotted with possession stats. He's always played the boring pass it across the back nonsense with no purpose. Today it ended up going back to Clark and a big hoof up the park and we gave possession away. It's like the players are scared to pass it forward. We're so static. No moving about looking for the ball. It's chronic.

Neilson blaming the players again and that the fans are right to be annoyed. The players looks so de-motivated at the minute and lacking any ideas of what to do.  We've actually got a decent bunch of players and robbies lack of tactical nous or motivation is the main issue. His tactical masterstroke today was to take off a left back.... for another left back! V celtic in the cup, he just brought on straight swops, as opposed to a tactical switch to try and turn the game in our favour. 

No chance the board will get rid of Robbie. They don't have the balls to do it. We're stuck with him for the next 2 years. A relegation battle next season is all I could see getting them to think about sacking him. Safest job in world football! Depressing.

Doctor FinnBarr

Never been a Robbie hater or a happy clapper for that matter, just a bit meh about his second spell in charge. My real worry now is that the bad results continue, Robbie digs in his heels, Budge does nowt and we end up with another CL scenario. Horrifying thought.

2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Nothing wrong with honest talks. As long as he's also willing to reflect and listen.

But if he has 2 weeks working with most of the squad and we still rock up to Rugby Park with a 3-4-3 it ultimately doesn't matter. And I think that's exactly what will happen as he's incredibly stubborn.

Of course that will happen, he's far too stubborn to acknowledge that the system he persists with isn't good enough.

I genuinely believe that if he was to change to a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 formation and we start winning games and dominating most matches, he'd be itching to revert back to his setup at the first opportunity because he believes in it so much. He's the only one at the club who believes in it. You can physically see the players being held back by the system and tactics, ****in awful.

56 minutes ago, lost in space said:

A very good post. I even think that team is very good.

Agree it is as good and would hump the current setup 

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Meeting begins.  

Someone stands up with a big **** off sweeping brush and speaks one word "injuries".

Meeting concludes. 

Yes. It's disgraceful how we're the only club that's suffered long term injuries to key players this season right enough...

The Old Tolbooth
57 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

There it is. Predictometer 10/10

“If you had said to me before the World Cup break that we’d be in this position when we were five or six points behind teams, I’d probably have taken it."  

That’s very lame, and the reason it’s lame is because you’re happy with where we are now, when we’ve been in a much better position and appear to be throwing it away, it’s not about looking where we were then, and where we are now, but completely ignoring what’s happened to drag us back into the pack, it’s about looking at the overall picture, and it’s nowhere near good enough, Robbie is utterly murder, he’s becoming a complete liability, and yet some fans still back the fraudster. 

3 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Of course that will happen, he's far too stubborn to acknowledge that the system he persists with isn't good enough.

I genuinely believe that if he was to change to a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 formation and we start winning games and dominating most matches, he'd be itching to revert back to his setup at the first opportunity because he believes in it so much. He's the only one at the club who believes in it. You can physically see the players being held back by the system and tactics, ****in awful.

Totally agree he did it last year after a good run at a 4231 with the key being a back 4 

Meeting prediction.Robbie up 1st- ok guys it's my way or the highway,anyone got anything else to add?no?Good let's get back to what we're all about,tomorrow we'll be working on a 343 shape with some playing in positions that are unfamiliar to them if it doesn't work and we go 2 down we'll change it to a flat back 4 and try and figure something out with the rest of the team,right guy's meeting over

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Yes. It's disgraceful how we're the only club that's suffered long term injuries to key players this season right enough...

You missed the sarcasm.  Sorry. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

You know how it works on here, some will skulk back tomorrow night when it's  quiet, they'll all be back by Monday. 

Guaranteed 

McGlynn The Money
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Was Tosh invited to give the fans' view?

He was. For balance they're going to get someone to give the Hearts fans' view as well.

2 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Totally agree he did it last year after a good run at a 4231 with the key being a back 4 

We have decent enough players who, if played in their right positions, will generally win us most games in this league.

The formation and tactics is a total leveller, and what we consider to be inferior teams have sussed us out big time.

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

He was. For balance they're going to get someone to give the Hearts fans' view as well.

:isee:

1) Wrong formation. 3 at the back doesn't fecking work.

2) Playing players out of position.

3) Not dropping players who are in shite form.

4) Far too slow in the build up. Teams are happy to let us pish around at the back and sideways in midfield then press us and take the ball off us as soon as we go forward.

5) Unfit. The team look puggled by half time every match.

6) Over-coached. Nobody seems to know what they're supposed to be doing. 

Just like under Cathro and Levein, the players are over-coached and unfit.

They get caught on the ball and are slow to pass because they're too busy thinking about what they're supposed to be doing according to the stats/laptop/whiteboard/tactical meeting instead of running at the opposition, finding space and passing quickly. You know, playing football.
Get them out of the classroom, into the gym and onto the practise pitches.

5 minutes ago, Cade said:

1) Wrong formation. 3 at the back doesn't fecking work.

2) Playing players out of position.

3) Not dropping players who are in shite form.

4) Far too slow in the build up. Teams are happy to let us pish around at the back and sideways in midfield then press us and take the ball off us as soon as we go forward.

5) Unfit. The team look puggled by half time every match.

6) Over-coached. Nobody seems to know what they're supposed to be doing. 

Just like under Cathro and Levein, the players are over-coached and unfit.

They get caught on the ball and are slow to pass because they're too busy thinking about what they're supposed to be doing according to the stats/laptop/whiteboard/tactical meeting instead of running at the opposition, finding space and passing quickly. You know, playing football.
Get them out of the classroom, into the gym and onto the practise pitches.

Yep. At this level, I'm really dubious about the need to have such a tacticly focused approach. We're not playing against great teams. Outside of the OF, generally speaking the team that wants it more will win. The managers job is to send out a motivated team that will outwork our opponents. If we do that, then we'll finish 3rd. I think Robbie is getting too bogged down in nitty gritty stuff and passing that fog onto the players. 

We start virtually every game on the back foot, even at home. Why is this? Whats going on before we start games? The impression I'm getting is that Robbie isn't motivating his players. I think his tactical expectations are waaaaay in excess of the ability of the team and that is causing slow starts to games as players find their bearings, and the stress of following his instructions is causing them to not do simple stuff right - how many misplaced passes do we see in a game? Its ridiculous. 

Get the players onto the pitches, get them fitter and ready to outwork the other team. 

Robbie isn't for turning though, we're going to get the same crap against Killie and so forth. I'm extremely worried we might not finish 3rd now because we're looking utterly rudderless. 

24 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

We have decent enough players who, if played in their right positions, will generally win us most games in this league.

The formation and tactics is a total leveller, and what we consider to be inferior teams have sussed us out big time.

He overthinks every game just play our way ….I seriously would not have him manage my sons team 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

players will be “shipped out”

snakey was sacked the next day :lol:

hopefully robbies crisis talks go better

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Crisis meeting. Embarrassing . 

what the **** do they do at training every day bar work on this wank system 

That's the problem,his training is the same as we play 

J.T.F.Robertson

Either we have all way overestimated the potential of this squad or Robbie just doesn’t have it.

It could be either but I'm leaning toward the latter. We've been close to mediocre for months now and I think (believe) a more clued-in manager would be capable of getting more out of this squad, who currently, look utterly disinterested.

Could be wrong, maybe it's as simple as they ARE all shite.

No Idle Talk

I think its ****ing ridiculous how much this guy polarises the opinion of Hearts fans.

I'm not saying polarising opinion is a sackable offence. Not at all. But its a huge problem.

The folk that like Robbie Neilson. Can they honestly look you in the eye and tell you that your reasons for wanting rid of him are all wrong? I don't think they can.

It's a shitty situation to be in. Only two things can happen here. Robbie learns and and improves and we all fall in love with him. Or he sticks with his plan and gets sacked.

I hope for the first outcome. But my belief is getting less all the time.

SectionDJambo

Off the top of my head, 3 managers who had Hearts playing good, attacking, effective football are Alex MacDonald, Jim Jefferies and George Burley. 

Players in their preferred position, simple tactics.

The great Bill Shankley said that football is a simple game, just pass and move with purpose.

I'm no hater of Robbie Neilson, but he clearly over thinks and over complicates things to the point that our players don't seem to know what they're supposed to be doing. 

Bin the complicated tactics, play players in their most effective positions, and move forward, taking risks in doing so. If we lose the ball further up the field, the opposition has got a longer distance to take the ball in order to cause us danger.

Robbie needs to stop trying to "reinvent the wheel". We don't have the £m players to play like Manchester City or Arsenal.

Robbie will never change proven by the fact the definition of insanity is doing same thing over and over expecting different result. Playing 2 in midfield till half time when we’ve already lost and changing it. Every ****in game!!! How can the board not see he is thick as mince and is costing us big time. Piss off robbie please

MR INCREDIBLE

He keeps mentioning that the players have to step up …….Not once has he taken any blame !!!!!!

Get him out now 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Italian Lambretta

No need for a player crisis meeting. Our board need to ditch their Christian fellowship way of working and ditch this clown before any more damage is done.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

He keeps mentioning that the players have to step up …….Not once has he taken any blame !!!!!!

Get him out now 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Yep. On of his “attributes” that boils my pish

For all the good things the board have done for the club this will turn out exactly the same as the Levien shit show. Questions should be getting asked but I doubt it very much they are.

The day he shaved his head was the day  he thought he was Pep and probably still believes it.

8 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

You are 100% correct, you can see the players don't know what to do. I think he is killing any moral the team had, players must be talking to themselves behind  the scenes and asking what the hell is our boss doing. To repeatedly do something that causes you harm is a sign of an idiot. 

9 hours ago, OTT said:

He's the problem. 

1. Blatant favouritism, an out of form, unproductive Barrie McKay is getting into the team by default ahead of an inform Grant, an Aussie wonderkid that Savage worked his arse off to convince to come here, Forrest and Oda.

2. We're starting games too slowly - every single game we're on the back foot from the off. That is down to management. You cannot start games this passively ALL the time!!!

3. Recruitment in the winter window wasn't good enough and didn't enhance the team in the right ways (we needed an experienced defenders defender to replace Halkett. Hill is not that. 

4. The formation is murder. We're playing 3 CB's and still leaking goals whilst being overrun in midfield. Its causing Shankland to drop deep and act as an auxiliary midfielder losing his effectiveness in the final 3rd

5. Tactics are shit. Dominate possession with zero penetration? **** off Robbie. 

The team look stifled and over coached. Morale looks to be rock bottom and they don't look like they're even playing for each other, let alone Robbie. 

We need to just move to a 433 and get our wide players hitting the byline for Shanks in the middle. This will also give us a 3 man midfield which will give Snodgrass options, and perhaps allow him to play further forward where he's of most use. Something like:

Zander

Smith Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Devlin Snodgrass

Grant

Kuol Shankland Gino

We don't have good enough midfielders to sacrifice 1 for another CB, Snodgrass is too old to cover ground, Devlin is poor in possession, Kio is slow, Grant isn't a tackler. Take the third man and actually have a balanced midfield. Devlin ends up with plenty of options so he's always got an outball, Snodgrass likewise, and we get use of Grants creativity. Kuol and Gino have pace to burn and could cause real problems for teams out wide and Shankland is one of the best finishers in the league. 

Good post, I think point 3 is more more to do with how players get pissed off with his tinkering and players being played out of position and the motivation him and his staff give the players, we lose a game it is the refs,players,linesman's,VAR's fault, I am waiting on him using David Niven's fridge (Monty Python sketch) as a new excuse as it is never him or his staff's tactics, which as we all know are not and have/will not work, we have some very good players who are unable to express themselves and are restricted on what they can and are allowed to do, goals win games not possession of the ball.

Your time is up, it's time to go along with McCulloch & Forrest before we blow 3rd place and Europe. 

...andFulton'sBaggio
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, the 4 of them not back until maybe two days before Killie away. So thos meeting will be in 11 days at the earliest, unless they use Zoom or FaceTime as RN wont all be able to manage Teams 🤦🏽

Ha ha! Boom boom. Made me laugh. Best post of the weekend 👍

The last time he was emptied was for me a warning. He played dull eye bleeding football but churned out results. It was not good enough for us then, so who thought it would be good for us now?

He played the same football at Dundee Utd , got results at the cost of anything that resembled football. We got him and he did what was expected for us, promotion from the championship. However the football was dire, we we rode our luck more than the Lone Ranger rode silver. Like many others, I was concerned we would come straight back down as we were playing that bad.  I remember watching all the games that season on TV. All the pundits were like , Robbie is doing what is required, with Ryan Stevenson the only one being honest and saying how poor our performances were.

The season up, we finished third, much to my surprise but that season again was only filled with a few decent performances, to be honest when we were poor, the teams around us were worse and that for me is how we finished in 3rd. 

In Europe I felt we were given a reality check on poor we really were.

IMHO we have only really seen a handful of decent , fighting performances since he took over. The Celtic cup final game being one of them. When I watched that game , I really thought we had the potential to kick on and see a great Hearts team.

Sadly for me he is a one trick pony, he sticks with his system and had no vision and will never change.

I then hear about our injuries, let’s be honest the only players we are really missing are Halkett and Benni. Shankland for me is the same player in style as Boyce , except he scores. So Boyce returning will offer no change. 

Recruitment (I’m only talking about the signings to cover the injuries), everyone gets excited by Savage, but what has he brought in?

Rowles and Shankland for me have added to our team ,  but the rest have been mediocre. The jury is out with Kuol and Odo as for me they have not been given a chance( I’d play them mind as the others are not performing). Please don’t say Snodgrass, watch the games! He is one footed, slow, and whilst he can pass a lovely ball he loses it and gives it away far too many times and has cost us goals. (I do like him by the way but feel we have got him at the wrong time, his legs are gone)

This season for me has shown Robbie for what he is and does, churns out results whilst playing crap and lacking any form of entertaining product. Many on here are happy with this, but football is an entertainment business , we watch it to see the beautiful game. There is nothing beautiful about our football!

Like I have said previously , I thank Robbie for what he has done but it is time for someone else to take us to what ever the next level will be.

see ya Bob !

23 minutes ago, Mabawsa said:

The last time he was emptied was for me a warning. He played dull eye bleeding football but churned out results. It was not good enough for us then, so who thought it would be good for us now?

He played the same football at Dundee Utd , got results at the cost of anything that resembled football. We got him and he did what was expected for us, promotion from the championship. However the football was dire, we we rode our luck more than the Lone Ranger rode silver. Like many others, I was concerned we would come straight back down as we were playing that bad.  I remember watching all the games that season on TV. All the pundits were like , Robbie is doing what is required, with Ryan Stevenson the only one being honest and saying how poor our performances were.

The season up, we finished third, much to my surprise but that season again was only filled with a few decent performances, to be honest when we were poor, the teams around us were worse and that for me is how we finished in 3rd. 

In Europe I felt we were given a reality check on poor we really were.

IMHO we have only really seen a handful of decent , fighting performances since he took over. The Celtic cup final game being one of them. When I watched that game , I really thought we had the potential to kick on and see a great Hearts team.

Sadly for me he is a one trick pony, he sticks with his system and had no vision and will never change.

I then hear about our injuries, let’s be honest the only players we are really missing are Halkett and Benni. Shankland for me is the same player in style as Boyce , except he scores. So Boyce returning will offer no change. 

Recruitment (I’m only talking about the signings to cover the injuries), everyone gets excited by Savage, but what has he brought in?

Rowles and Shankland for me have added to our team ,  but the rest have been mediocre. The jury is out with Kuol and Odo as for me they have not been given a chance( I’d play them mind as the others are not performing). Please don’t say Snodgrass, watch the games! He is one footed, slow, and whilst he can pass a lovely ball he loses it and gives it away far too many times and has cost us goals. (I do like him by the way but feel we have got him at the wrong time, his legs are gone)

This season for me has shown Robbie for what he is and does, churns out results whilst playing crap and lacking any form of entertaining product. Many on here are happy with this, but football is an entertainment business , we watch it to see the beautiful game. There is nothing beautiful about our football!

Like I have said previously , I thank Robbie for what he has done but it is time for someone else to take us to what ever the next level will be.

see ya Bob !

I don't seriously think anyone is happy with a "lack" of entertaining product on the park, as you put it. 

The club strategy to continually get in the group stages of European competition, test ourselves against continental sides and take the revenues so we pull away financially from everyone else is a good plan, and the right plan. 

If u decide to put results and objectives over performances and so the club strategy is met, then there is nothing wrong with that.

Its hardly fair to slate folk for supporting that and especially when they can probably see fully what's going on and  especially when they can differentiate between performances and results. 

The more relevant question is that unless we start doing things differently and on the football pitch, churning out future results is going to become an extremely hard yard, and that's something that no one wants. 

Nessjambo67
10 hours ago, OTT said:

He's the problem. 

1. Blatant favouritism, an out of form, unproductive Barrie McKay is getting into the team by default ahead of an inform Grant, an Aussie wonderkid that Savage worked his arse off to convince to come here, Forrest and Oda.

2. We're starting games too slowly - every single game we're on the back foot from the off. That is down to management. You cannot start games this passively ALL the time!!!

3. Recruitment in the winter window wasn't good enough and didn't enhance the team in the right ways (we needed an experienced defenders defender to replace Halkett. Hill is not that. 

4. The formation is murder. We're playing 3 CB's and still leaking goals whilst being overrun in midfield. Its causing Shankland to drop deep and act as an auxiliary midfielder losing his effectiveness in the final 3rd

5. Tactics are shit. Dominate possession with zero penetration? **** off Robbie. 

The team look stifled and over coached. Morale looks to be rock bottom and they don't look like they're even playing for each other, let alone Robbie. 

We need to just move to a 433 and get our wide players hitting the byline for Shanks in the middle. This will also give us a 3 man midfield which will give Snodgrass options, and perhaps allow him to play further forward where he's of most use. Something like:

Zander

Smith Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Devlin Snodgrass

Grant

Kuol Shankland Gino

We don't have good enough midfielders to sacrifice 1 for another CB, Snodgrass is too old to cover ground, Devlin is poor in possession, Kio is slow, Grant isn't a tackler. Take the third man and actually have a balanced midfield. Devlin ends up with plenty of options so he's always got an outball, Snodgrass likewise, and we get use of Grants creativity. Kuol and Gino have pace to burn and could cause real problems for teams out wide and Shankland is one of the best finishers in the league. 

Great post buddy I think you’ve got it spot on. But what boils ma piss is how come robbie can’t see it ?  I do like Robbie he’s a hearts man and I do like Mckay a talented footballer but come on change is needed 

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I don't seriously think anyone is happy with a "lack" of entertaining product on the park, as you put it. 

The club strategy to continually get in the group stages of European competition, test ourselves against continental sides and take the revenues so we pull away financially from everyone else is a good plan, and the right plan. 

If u decide to put results and objectives over performances and so the club strategy is met, then there is nothing wrong with that.

Its hardly fair to slate folk for supporting that and especially when they can probably see fully what's going on and  especially when they can differentiate between performances and results. 

The more relevant question is that unless we start doing things differently and on the football pitch, churning out future results is going to become an extremely hard yard, and that's something that no one wants. 

Can you tell me how you go about getting results and objectives over performances. Surely if you perform well the results and objectives go hand in hand.  I’m not meaning you so don’t misunderstand but sometimes on this forum you’d think performance and results are mutually exclusive. 

I don’t believe for a second if we had played better we’d have less points.

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Off the top of my head, 3 managers who had Hearts playing good, attacking, effective football are Alex MacDonald, Jim Jefferies and George Burley. 

Players in their preferred position, simple tactics.

The great Bill Shankley said that football is a simple game, just pass and move with purpose.

I'm no hater of Robbie Neilson, but he clearly over thinks and over complicates things to the point that our players don't seem to know what they're supposed to be doing. 

Bin the complicated tactics, play players in their most effective positions, and move forward, taking risks in doing so. If we lose the ball further up the field, the opposition has got a longer distance to take the ball in order to cause us danger.

Robbie needs to stop trying to "reinvent the wheel". We don't have the £m players to play like Manchester City or Arsenal.

Crystal clear to most.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Can you tell me how you go about getting results and objectives over performances. Surely if you perform well the results and objectives go hand in hand.  I’m not meaning you so don’t misunderstand but sometimes on this forum you’d think performance and results are mutually exclusive. 

Agree.  The best managers in the world always talk about performance levels, but Hearts don’t have to bother?

I remember under Levein he said in desperation as results spiralled, that it’s about results, not performances. Maybe it’s misinterpreted but the minute you lose pride in performance, results suffer.  

We joke about other clubs and how they talk about how they play, but things go in cycles. I’m at the stage I want to see better football from Hearts towards getting good results.  I want to get up on a Sat morning with a wee buzz knowing im going to see a team knock it’s pan in and the upshot of that is unpredictability and excitement. ( a wee bit at least).

14 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree.  The best managers in the world always talk about performance levels, but Hearts don’t have to bother?

I remember under Levein he said in desperation as results spiralled, that it’s about results, not performances. Maybe it’s misinterpreted but the minute you lose pride in performance, results suffer.  

We joke about other clubs and how they talk about how they play, but things go in cycles. I’m at the stage I want to see better football from Hearts towards getting good results.  I want to get up on a Sat morning with a wee buzz knowing im going to see a team knock it’s pan in and the upshot of that is unpredictability and excitement. ( a wee bit at least).

I think a lot of folk feel the same. 👍

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It might not be everyone's cup of tea but the poster said that folk were happy to accept the lack of entertaining product on the field. I was just making the point to the poster that I don't necessarily think that anyone is happy with a lack of entertainment but that the style of play won't take precedence over the results that we get. 

In essence if Robbie had us playing tiki taka esque football but we were sixth in the table, that wouldn't be acceptable to most. 

Re the point you make over performances and results not being mutually exclusive of each other, you would think so, but in our case you could also argue that performances and results are not mutually exclusive of each other as (overall) I dont think we have played that well this season tbh but we still find ourselves in 3rd 

Ps I know the exact point you were trying to make. No offence taken. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Neilson crisis meeting ( merged )