Neilson Poll March 2023

kingantti1874

Neilson Poll March 2023  

979 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robbie Neilson be hearts manager?

Watt-Zeefuik
On 26/03/2023 at 16:02, merseyjambo said:

Frank, unfortunately that works both ways with certain Pro Robbie Neilson posters as well, and some of the abuse both sides dish out is quite frankly shameful.

FWIW, this is always going to happen. Neilson polarised the fans when he came back after both the way he left and his perceived behaviour while still manager of DUFC and his promotion at the expense of HMFC.

Truth is, we are the biggest club RN will ever manage. If you want to be pedantic, Scott Brown has a better record as a manager in England than RN, let that sink in.

No one can be happy with the way we are playing at the moment which needs to be fixed starting at Killie. We have 4 very winnable games up to the split, but our form needs to be fixed and part of that is looking at the formation and playing players in their preferred positions, not blindly sticking to something that clearly isn’t working.

Lose 3rd, especially to Hibs and the feel good factor we had going in to this season will be gone and I suspect that the ST waiting list would dry up if the status quo remained.

Sorry but I can't buy that it's about the way he left the last time. Folk were flying a damn plane about him when we were literally second in the table at the time.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agentjambo

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Naisys Tackle

5 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Sorry but I can't buy that it's about the way he left the last time. Folk were flying a damn plane about him when we were literally second in the table at the time.

And with lots of games to go. Some teams with games in hand. 

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Aberdeen had two.  

6 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Aye against Celtic.

Saturday will be pivotal. Lose and the support will turn. There’s no coming back once that happens. If he persists with his ridiculous tactics and playing players out of position then that’s what will happen and we will lose.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Aye against Celtic.

Aberdeen had 2 games in hand.   The games in hand wasn't again Celtic.  They played them the weekend after Robbie decided to jump ship ;) 

Scott Leitch
7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Saturday will be pivotal. Lose and the support will turn. There’s no coming back once that happens. If he persists with his ridiculous tactics and playing players out of position then that’s what will happen and we will lose.

I don't know about that. I'm pretty sure the support turned after Brora and Queen of the South. Although I think him still being here was down to Budge. Not to sure she will save him if the fans turn again.

As for Saturday I think we know he'll be at his 5 at the back pish and we will lose or scrape a draw.

The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

I don't know about that. I'm pretty sure the support turned after Brora and Queen of the South. Although I think him still being here was down to Budge. Not to sure she will save him if the fans turn again.

As for Saturday I think we know he'll be at his 5 at the back pish and we will lose or scrape a draw.

And he'll still have the safest job in Scotland :facepalm:

Scott Leitch
29 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

And he'll still have the safest job in Scotland :facepalm:

Don't ruin my day.

2 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

An away support losing patience very fast though. I’m heading through hoping we will see a different set up in formation. Unlikely I know but surely this time. Kilmarnock are excellent at home and we need to change at the back and in midfield. 
the recent Scarves podcast had Robbo and Scott Wilson on it and even they are going on about it and playing Shankland out of position is wrong. He gets 20 goals after decades of needing a striker who gets that and what does RN do ? Change it which just beggars belief. 

10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

He will never change his ways not a prayer. 

Bazzas right boot

The funniest thing will be the reaction of the oot crew when we finish 3rd and Bob leads us into next season.

Virtual Tears, snooters, feet stamping etc  everywhere. 

I wonder if they'll stop going to games in protest ( remember folk done that).

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

Aye, but most of the support that turned after really bad results turned back once we marched to 3rd again.

Only the ones harbouring a deep rooted personal grudge have held on to that particular bone and others.

Most are results based and don't wait to turn at every poor turn of form , it could be said  some almost hope for poor form just So they can bark again.

From their posting history, It's like they are enjoying themselves more than when we were in good form.

merseyjambo
19 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

So you think walking out for a team like MK Dons in comparison to Hearts was a step up. Never. 

The plane hirers were a minority who were pi$$ed at Hibs winning the cup.

Folk will accept people leaving for a bigger club like JJ to Bradford or CL to Leicester but MK Dons was a complete step down.

As it happens, going there gave fans a chance to see how good a manager he was and he failed. Do I think he’ll get another chance in England. No, unless he’s out of work.

merseyjambo
32 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The funniest thing will be the reaction of the oot crew when we finish 3rd and Bob leads us into next season.

Virtual Tears, snooters, feet stamping etc  everywhere. 

I wonder if they'll stop going to games in protest ( remember folk done that).

And if he blows third to Hibs or Aberdeen, you and his followers will still be there drinking in his BS blaming everyone except himself as he’s the only person and perhaps his management team who can’t see that 343 isn’t working because we don’t have the personnel for it yet he refuses to change it.

Lets see where we are at the end of the season and what the club decide to do.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

And if he blows third to Hibs or Aberdeen, you and his followers will still be there drinking in his BS blaming everyone except himself as he’s the only person and perhaps his management team who can’t see that 343 isn’t working because we don’t have the personnel for it yet he refuses to change it.

Lets see where we are at the end of the season and what the club decide to do.

If he gets sacked I'll back the new  man and the guy after that.

That's the way I roll. 

If he doesn't get sacked and we finish 3rd,  the rabids will be hiding in plain sight ready to lay Into him at the first opportunity ( again), because that's how they roll.

Scott Leitch
57 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, but most of the support that turned after really bad results turned back once we marched to 3rd again.

Only the ones harbouring a deep rooted personal grudge have held on to that particular bone and others.

Most are results based and don't wait to turn at every poor turn of form , it could be said  some almost hope for poor form just So they can bark again.

From their posting history, It's like they are enjoying themselves more than when we were in good form.

I'd doubt anyone wants us to lose just to moan about Neilson. 

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Stevie Clarke -Improves players and Improves teams

Robbie Neilson - Eh…..hmmmm.

So the team hasn't improved since he took over?

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

So you think walking out for a team like MK Dons in comparison to Hearts was a step up. Never. 

The plane hirers were a minority who were pi$$ed at Hibs winning the cup.

Folk will accept people leaving for a bigger club like JJ to Bradford or CL to Leicester but MK Dons was a complete step down.

As it happens, going there gave fans a chance to see how good a manager he was and he failed. Do I think he’ll get another chance in England. No, unless he’s out of work.

This is totally revisionist history. It was widely and unquestionably accepted on here, even by his detractors, that the reason he left for MK Dons was that he was in a Head Coach role with Levein's influence, and wanted to make a step up to the manager position. This was the way Levein's "boot room" system was supposed to work, that Levein would mentor young coaches who didn't have experience as a manager and they would go on to bigger things. We even got a pretty decent fee for him.

There are folk who seem to collect a dossier of things they don't like about him and hoard it against time. There are plenty of reasons to be frustrated with him now, the short list of which is Motherwell, the cup Celtic game at Tynecastle, and Aberdeen, but there are also reasons to believe he'll have it turned around and see us safe to third.  Bringing up stuff about MK Dons is absolutely nothing but excuse-making.

Thunder and Lightning
3 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

Nobody does, sadly we have people on here that simply want to have a pop at other posters because that's all they have in their life. So they make up fantasy scenarios to play the hero and defend poor little Robbie against an army that doesn't exist. 

I don't know whether to laugh at them, or pity them. 

The fact is people seem to be unhappy that Robbie persists with a system that doesn't work away from home. That system is costing us points, potentially third and ultimately Europe next season. (we may still get third, it's in our hands after all). 

It's not personal. People don't wait to "abuse" Robbie due to a "personal agenda" (I mean really ffs 😂

We have a handful of people who see themselves as the defenders of Robbie regardless of what people actually post. They play the hero in their own minds. 

Crackpots. 

Edited by Thunder and Lightning

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You explain how the team hasn't improved since he took over. 👍

A continuous improvement?Season after season?

Is that what you mean?

1 minute ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Nobody does, sadly we have people on here that simply want to have a pop at other posters because that's all they have in their life. So they make up fantasy scenarios to play the hero and defend poor little Robbie against an army that doesn't exist. 

The fact is people seem to be unhappy that Robbie persists with a system that doesn't work away from home. That system is costing us points. And potentially third and ultimately Europe next season. (we may still get third, it's in our hands after all). 

It's not personal. People don't wait to "abuse" Robbie due to a "personal agenda" (I mean really ffs 😂

We have a handful of people who see themselves as the defenders of Robbie regardless of what people actually post. They play the hero in their own minds. 

Crackpots. 

Just a matter of time ⏲️ 

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You explain how the team hasn't improved since he took over. 👍

I will explain….however can you tell me how much the club/team has improved and is continuing to improve?

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

I don't doubt it tbh.

1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

The fact is people seem to be unhappy that Robbie persists with a system that doesn't work away from home. That system is costing us points, potentially third and ultimately Europe next season. (we may still get third, it's in our hands after all). 

Crackpots. 

27 pages and a shot on the merry go round later ... Nae further forward 

Sheep result was absolute shite in terms of performance 

That said we are still 4 points ahead 

Personally believe we should just park the stay/go stuff until the end of the season and in the meantime just focus on getting 3rd locked up 

If we get 3rd and Europe that's ten times more important than making managerial changes on a scenario that is based more on what if, rather than what actually occured 

In my mind anyway 

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

27 pages and a shot on the merry go round later ... Nae further forward 

Sheep result was absolute shite in terms of performance 

That said we are still 4 points ahead 

Personally believe we should just park the stay/go stuff until the end of the season and in the meantime just focus on getting 3rd locked up 

If we get 3rd and Europe that's ten times more important than making managerial changes on a scenario that is based more on what if, rather than what actually occured 

In my mind anyway 

I totally get what you are saying. I belive those that want him to go feel that way because they don't have confidence he will get us third. 

If that happens the horse has already bolted. We have lost out on the money and progression Europe can give us. 

Do you envisage us winning any of our remaining away games if we persist with the current formation? Robbie seems determined to continue with it. Even with evidence that it doesn't suit us away from home. 

52 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I totally get what you are saying. I belive those that want him to go feel that way because they don't have confidence he will get us third. 

If that happens the horse has already bolted. We have lost out on the money and progression Europe can give us. 

Do you envisage us winning any of our remaining away games if we persist with the current formation? Robbie seems determined to continue with it. Even with evidence that it doesn't suit us away from home. 

No I dont unfortunately. When the sheep result happened and it was mentioned many times that if we persevered with our current formation away, that we could be in soapy bubble, I totally agreed.

Forget folks opinions, the stats tell us that we are not getting anything away. 

I am hoping that RN looks at it and says enough is enough and changes it, starting at Killie. I think the danger is that the more folk start making noise about something, that the more he digs his heels in 

At the end of the day the manager picks the side, and formation, and tactics 

That said, really really hard for him to come back from not making our key objective and more tellingly because he didn't adapt and change a system, for whatever reason, wasn't working for us.

I guess that's my point though. It isn't something that the board will entertain whilst the opportunity remains to get 3rd spot. I think we will know more after the next few games tbh that what we know right now. 

merseyjambo
7 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

This is totally revisionist history. It was widely and unquestionably accepted on here, even by his detractors, that the reason he left for MK Dons was that he was in a Head Coach role with Levein's influence, and wanted to make a step up to the manager position. This was the way Levein's "boot room" system was supposed to work, that Levein would mentor young coaches who didn't have experience as a manager and they would go on to bigger things. We even got a pretty decent fee for him.

There are folk who seem to collect a dossier of things they don't like about him and hoard it against time. There are plenty of reasons to be frustrated with him now, the short list of which is Motherwell, the cup Celtic game at Tynecastle, and Aberdeen, but there are also reasons to believe he'll have it turned around and see us safe to third.  Bringing up stuff about MK Dons is absolutely nothing but excuse-making.

Sorry Led, but the revisionist history is coming from a lot of the Robbie backers. Their believed version of events is that he went because of the plane.

The boot room algorithm was supposed to mean like Liverpool, you brought your next person from within the ranks - Shankley-Paisley-Fagan, not bring someone in from outside.

From the fans I spoke with at the time, a lot accepted RN would leave but that the MK Dons job was a poison chalice and nowhere near a step up.

The issue still is, is he is stubborn and can’t accept his system doesn’t work without the players to play in it. He blames the players yet he continually puts Square pegs in round holes just so he can play 343. His unwillingness to change and take responsibility is why over 75% of people on here either want him gone or are unsure about him. 

We persist with the way he has them set up and 3rd will go elsewhere and we’ve blown it for one reason only. RN

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Sorry Led, but the revisionist history is coming from a lot of the Robbie backers. Their believed version of events is that he went because of the plane.

The boot room algorithm was supposed to mean like Liverpool, you brought your next person from within the ranks - Shankley-Paisley-Fagan, not bring someone in from outside.

From the fans I spoke with at the time, a lot accepted RN would leave but that the MK Dons job was a poison chalice and nowhere near a step up.

The issue still is, is he is stubborn and can’t accept his system doesn’t work without the players to play in it. He blames the players yet he continually puts Square pegs in round holes just so he can play 343. His unwillingness to change and take responsibility is why over 75% of people on here either want him gone or are unsure about him. 

We persist with the way he has them set up and 3rd will go elsewhere and we’ve blown it for one reason only. RN

Or we'll finish 3rd again and no credit from the rabids will be given to him.

"His unwillingness to change"...he often gets called the tinkerman on here.

About 75% of posters in here have wanted him gone from the start, they just see an opportunity now.

Same folk, banging the same drum.

13 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

There was a time, not so long ago, when two or three posters came out and said they wanted Hibs to beat Hearts to get Levein sacked.  Those posters have disappeared, or changed their names.  So it's not unfeasible that some might be willing for something similar now.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Or we'll finish 3rd again and no credit from the rabids will be given to him.

"His unwillingness to change"...he often gets called the tinkerman on here.

About 75% of posters in here have wanted him gone from the start, they just see an opportunity now.

Same folk, banging the same drum.

everyone has an opinion. 

58 minutes ago, Haken said:

There was a time, not so long ago, when two or three posters came out and said they wanted Hibs to beat Hearts to get Levein sacked.  Those posters have disappeared, or changed their names.  So it's not unfeasible that some might be willing for something similar now.

that was different. Levein wrecked the club with his management, throwing away money on utter dross with long contracts and running everything into the ground. He was an utter disaster. Damn right that by the end I’d of taken anything to get him out the club. Even when he was sacked he hung about like a bad smell. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

everyone has an opinion. 

No they don't....

sandylejambo

I feel we missed an opertunety with the international break, A new boss would have had a couple of weeks to get the plyers up to speed with what we need.

4 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

It was a huge step up financially.  Life-changing in fact. Not many of us would stick around if another employer offered us 2.5/3 times what we are currently earning. 

Watt-Zeefuik
12 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Robbie didn't leave because of the plane flyers and "phoodle" pamphleteers, but how we did after Robbie left should have been a pretty clear sign of how up their own arse they were (and still are). That's thankfully a small number of supporters and the majority of those fed up with Robbie right now have more sound arguments, it must be admitted.

I agree that the bit in bold is the central question. I will continue to maintain that for significant stretches of the season, we have played interesting, enjoyable football from the 3-4-3 and that when we've had the right personnel healthy and the team have been engaged, it works very well for us. The supposed lack of the "right players" to play is in my opinion a misread of the way Robbie wants the system to work, and an expectation of the wingback position which is limited.

That doesn't mean we don't need a form change, but I think the reason is wrong. The team flat out didn't play for the jersey in Aberdeen, if we had, we would have been fine. If the team aren't playing for the jersey it often mean they don't believe in the tactics or formation the manager has put out. I don't think just moving the formation around will do any good whatsoever, no matter what shape gets picked, unless it re-energizes a sense of belief and purpose. (Despite all the mocking of the "belief" stuff from one poster on here, I think it's very important. It's just not something that you can decide you're going to add because you notice its missing, though, it's built organically.)

If the players themselves are annoyed at the 3-4-3, it needs a change, but only if they can get behind the change. If no change will get the players to play, then it's time for Robbie to go. The other stuff about tinkering, stubbornness, square pegs, and the rest is absolute guff IMO. Sorry to be blunt but I am sick to my gills of hearing about it as I think it's a combination of bad analysis and meaningless tripe.

Edited by Led Tasso