Neilson Poll March 2023

kingantti1874

Neilson Poll March 2023  

979 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robbie Neilson be hearts manager?

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, NextGenerationJambo said:

Well there's one thing we can agree on... It is like we are playing different sports - Bayern play football. Robbie... well I'm sure he intends for us to play football, I don't know what to call it half the time, though. 

We play the 3rd best football in the country.

That's what I'd call it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agentjambo

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Naisys Tackle

6 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What specific match are you referring to when you quoted that Snodgrass ,Shankland ,Devlin Cochrane not starting and Halliday having to play in two different positions?

Re Halliday I was saying he played left wing back on the Wednesday then somewhere in midfield on the Saturday in the two games against Celtic.  Injuries to others forced the managers hand on that one.  
The other four didnt start  the Celtic cup game and that necessitated’ ‘tinkering’ 

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We play the 3rd best football in the country.

That's what I'd call it.

I might be wrong but we seem to play it more out from the back since our European adventures. It’s a style of football that most of the advanced club and international teams play. I hope he sticks with it and in time it gets better. We obviously need to mix it up more to play in the SPL. I personally think the dreadful football chat is a bit over the top as I’ve watched Barcelona and Man City games recently and been underwhelmed. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I might be wrong but we seem to play it more out from the back since our European adventures. It’s a style of football that most of the advanced club and international teams play. I hope he sticks with it and in time it gets better. We obviously need to mix it up more to play in the SPL. I personally think the dreadful football chat is a bit over the top as I’ve watched Barcelona and Man City games recently and been underwhelmed. 

Agreed, 100%.....

And we do need tp defend better and mix it up more, but its the way to try and play football. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Re Halliday I was saying he played left wing back on the Wednesday then somewhere in midfield on the Saturday in the two games against Celtic.  Injuries to others forced the managers hand on that one.  
The other four didnt start  the Celtic cup game and that necessitated’ ‘tinkering’ 

Your going to have to break this down for me.

1.Who did Halliday replace for what reason on the wed when he played LWB?

2.Who did he replace in the cup game that he had to play in CM and for what reason?

3.who replaced Snodgrass and what position did he play?

4.Who replaced Shankland when he was injured?

Byyy The Light
4 hours ago, TurboT said:

Yeah, the cup game against Rangers & beating HIbs at Easter Road we great games although I still have nightmares about my only trip ever to St Mirren just before Lockdown, we could have played for a month and not looked like scoring.  

Stendel was a coach. Was an embarrassment in player negotiations as he’d never done it. Brought in some of the worst players I’ve ever seen at Hearts. Rubbed so many people up the wrong way at the club. The club jumped at the opportunity to terminate when they could.

He was a terrible appointment. Didn’t fit at all. 

3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Stendel was a coach. Was an embarrassment in player negotiations as he’d never done it. Brought in some of the worst players I’ve ever seen at Hearts. Rubbed so many people up the wrong way at the club. The club jumped at the opportunity to terminate when they could.

He was a terrible appointment. Didn’t fit at all. 

Unlike Levein and Cathro

35 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Your going to have to break this down for me.

1.Who did Halliday replace for what reason on the wed when he played LWB?

2.Who did he replace in the cup game that he had to play in CM and for what reason?

3.who replaced Snodgrass and what position did he play?

4.Who replaced Shankland when he was injured?

I’m not sure what you are after but if you are a Hearts fan you should already know the answers or have the wherewithal to find out. 
Last post from me on this discussion with you

1. Halliday played lwb because Cochrane was injured and Kingsley was being saved for the cup game

2.Halliday played in midfield in cup game because Snodgrass was injured and there were other ‘disciplinary’ issues

3. Kio and Grant played along with Halliday

4. McKay played 10 due to no other options available. 

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’m not sure what you are after but if you are a Hearts fan you should already know the answers or have the wherewithal to find out. 
Last post from me on this discussion with you

1. Halliday played lwb because Cochrane was injured and Kingsley was being saved for the cup game

2.Halliday played in midfield in cup game because Snodgrass was injured and there were other ‘disciplinary’ issues

3. Kio and Grant played along with Halliday

4. McKay played 10 due to no other options available. 

They had natural replacements for the positions of players hampered with injuries/suspensions though so no excuses,that’s what I’m trying to get at.

1.Why play Halliday out of position when there is a CM (Devlin) on the bench?

2.Why play Grant in CM when he’s an AMF(No10)?

3.Why not play McKay in his natural position instead of a No10?

Why not play 4-2-3-1 with everyone in their natural positions?

We played this:

539755822_PNGimage3.thumb.png.ec8bae6bc8eb25a95f428372491e6250.png

why not play this:

image.thumb.png.62417e76232f6ac66d156222d9437900.png

Edited by Agentjambo

They had natural replacements for the positions of players hampered with injuries/suspensions though so no excuses,that’s what I’m trying to get at.

Maybe Devlin wasn’t free to start. Looks like you are suggesting you know the tactics and players better than the manager. Clearly they didn’t work but that doesn’t mean they weren’t worth trying. We were millions/1 to win that game with the bookies. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe Devlin wasn’t free to start. Looks like you are suggesting you know the tactics and players better than the manager. Clearly they didn’t work but that doesn’t mean they weren’t worth trying. We were millions/1 to win that game with the bookies. 

I’m not claiming to know more than Robbie 🧐

What I do know is that the 3 at the back isn’t working and that players are being played out of position to try and shoehorn them into Neilson’s formation.

11 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

We played this:

539755822_PNGimage3.thumb.png.ec8bae6bc8eb25a95f428372491e6250.png

why not play this:

image.thumb.png.62417e76232f6ac66d156222d9437900.png

:rofl:

You dont seriously believe any of that pish do you.

Where the players line up at kick off doesn't really matter.

For a start, we play completely different when in position than with out. We also change formation quite clearly if sitting deep or if the other team doesn't press.

Your theories are for the playstation. In the real world of football a teams formation changes constantly throughout the game. As it always has.

Just now, Agentjambo said:

What I do know is that the 3 at the back isn’t working and that players are being played out of position to try and shoehorn them into Neilson’s formation.

Don’t disagree but the why is important. 
Anyway definitely my last post on this discussion, for now. 

Re Devlin, he was pretty much an automatic first pick until end Jan. He has since started only 2/8 games despite being fit.  Why do you think that is? 

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

:rofl:

You dont seriously believe any of that pish do you.

Where the players line up at kick off doesn't really matter.

For a start, we play completely different when in position than with out. We also change formation quite clearly if sitting deep or if the other team doesn't press.

Your theories are for the playstation. In the real world of football a teams formation changes constantly throughout the game. As it always has.

So what your saying is that our players are constantly playing out of their natural positions to suit what the opposition?

what formation do we play when “in possession “?

what formation do we play out of possession?

As you know so much re formations and styles of play.

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t disagree but the why is important. 
Anyway definitely my last post on this discussion, for now. 

Re Devlin, he was pretty much an automatic first pick until end Jan. He has since started only 2/8 games despite being fit.  Why do you think that is? 

Could be because Robbie thinks when he plays he runs about everywhere like a headless chicken,most of the time getting caught out of position - all true,due to the fact that he’s doing the work of two men in the middle.overcompensating for the lack of mobility and pace that the deep laying Snodgrass has been instructed to play.

maybe it’s only Neilson that can’t see that.

So what your saying is that our players are constantly playing out of their natural positions to suit what the opposition?

what formation do we play when “in possession “?

what formation do we play out of possession?

As you know so much re formations and styles of play.

"Natural position" ???

More gibberish, have you ever played football ? Because is says Right midfielder on their Wicki page, it doesn't mean its true.

These guys are professional athletes. Are players a bit more comfortable in certain positions, obviously. But their not robots ffs.

We've purposely bought players that are comfortable in different areas of the pitch with decent technical ability, is that the right thing for our pishy league ? Maybe not, but thats a different debate.

Players will play anywhere as long as their playing.

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Could be because Robbie thinks when he plays he runs about everywhere like a headless chicken,most of the time getting caught out of position - all true,due to the fact that he’s doing the work of two men in the middle.overcompensating for the lack of mobility and pace that the deep laying Snodgrass has been instructed to play.

maybe it’s only Neilson that can’t see that.

Not even close to the correct answer 

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

"Natural position" ???

More gibberish, have you ever played football ? Because is says Right midfielder on their Wicki page, it doesn't mean its true.

These guys are professional athletes. Are players a bit more comfortable in certain positions, obviously. But their not robots ffs.

We've purposely bought players that are comfortable in different areas of the pitch with decent technical ability, is that the right thing for our pishy league ? Maybe not, but thats a different debate.

Players will play anywhere as long as their playing.

Is Shankland a forward or a right back?

Is zander Clark a goalkeeper or a left wing back?

Is Barry McKay a left forward or a centre back?

Of course there are NATURAL POSITIONS.

Yes I have played football,played centre midfield-my natural position (not right back).

They certainly don’t look comfortable in different positions…look lost in fact.

purposely bought players that are comfortable in different areas of the pitch….McKay isn’t,Shankland isn’t,Cochrane isn’t and Smith isn’t to name a few.

Of course players will play anywhere,they are getting paid more than your usual working man,can underperform and not face any consequences ie.McKay.

Is Shankland a forward or a right back?

Is zander Clark a goalkeeper or a left wing back?

Is Barry McKay a left forward or a centre back?

Of course there are NATURAL POSITIONS.

Yes I have played football,played centre midfield-my natural position (not right back).

They certainly don’t look comfortable in different positions…look lost in fact.

purposely bought players that are comfortable in different areas of the pitch….McKay isn’t,Shankland isn’t,Cochrane isn’t and Smith isn’t to name a few.

Of course players will play anywhere,they are getting paid more than your usual working man,can underperform and not face any consequences ie.McKay.

I expected a knowledgeable intelligent answer tbh.

I feel let down ☹️

5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I expected a knowledgeable intelligent answer tbh.

I feel let down ☹️

Are you ok mate?

27 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Exactly.  The problem with Robbie is he is far too set in his ways....."We will continue to play our (read my) brand of football (regardless of who we play").

Only the Old Firm have that luxury.  We need to do what other teams do  and adapt to the circumstances, which means studying the opposition and sussing out how we need to change our game plans to beat them.  That's exactly what they do to us and sadly they are successful.  

Just now, chrystaf said:

Exactly.  The problem with Robbie is he is far too set in his ways....."We will continue to play our (read my) brand of football (regardless of who we play").

Only the Old Firm have that luxury.  We need to do what other teams do  and adapt to the circumstances, which means studying the opposition and sussing out how we need to change our game plans to beat them.  That's exactly what they do to us and sadly they are successful.  

Same as his mentor the dinosaur Levein.

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Same as his mentor the dinosaur Levein.

I thought the group think was that Robbie left the club to go to MK Dons because he couldn't work with Levein ?

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

I thought the group think was that Robbie left the club to go to MK Dons because he couldn't work with Levein ?

No he left because hes a coward and a shitebag and couldnt handle a plane and a banner ;) 

Hounded out for his turgid, no style football allegedly….then dropped his pants for the 1st club that showed an interest in him…

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

No he left because hes a coward and a shitebag and couldnt handle a plane and a banner ;) 

Then proceeded to fail at MK Dons and come back up the road with his tail between his legs.

Naisys Tackle
10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Then proceeded to fail at MK Dons and come back up the road with his tail between his legs.

Big giant metallic baws between his legs to come back and face the plane flyers and banner holders.

12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Hounded out for his turgid, no style football allegedly….then dropped his pants for the 1st club that showed an interest in him…

Yep and trebled his salary at the same time. Contract that was life-changing and has been. 

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Because MK Dons went from strength to strength when he left of course . . Not.

Its ok to just say you hate Robbie without making up Shit about formations, tactics, player positions and all the other mythical guff that appears on social media.

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Big giant metallic baws between his legs to come back and face the plane flyers and banner holders.

Not really. Budge banned them all

. . . Allegedly

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Not really. Budge banned them all

. . . Allegedly

Yeah they aren't back or anything ;) 

Because MK Dons went from strength to strength when he left of course . . Not.

Its ok to just say you hate Robbie without making up Shit about formations, tactics, player positions and all the other mythical guff that appears on social media.

You are one of only 17% who want him to stay…we can’t all be wrong.

Anyway I’m happy with my opinions and reasons for thinking Neilson isn’t the one to take us forward.

it’s all about opinions and I respect yours…time will tell what actually happens.

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah they aren't back or anything ;) 

Course they are, Tynecastle is an addiction for all of us.

Thats why i cant comprehend the abuse dished out to the club on occasions 😜

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Anyway I’m happy with my opinions and reasons for thinking Neilson isn’t the one to take us forward.

it’s all about opinions and I respect yours…time will tell what actually happens.

I haven't said i want him to stay or leave.

8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Theoretically correct.  In reality - it just doesn’t happen.  We have been going to bring youngsters through for ever and I’m still waiting for more than the odd one every now and again. Neilson first time round was the best example of a group of youngsters breaking through but that was championship level. Can’t recall it ever happening other than maybe McKay Robbo and Bowman. 
Don’t know how many times it’s been posted on here but the way football works is that you can’t just hire an expensive manager and give him inexpensive players to work with. Managers expect players at or above their level in terms of pay etc. Otherwise the probability is that by managing players at a lower capability and level their reputation will suffer as will  future job prospects. Neilson is probably earning about £4-5k pw, as are most of the top players in our squad. If we hire a £10k  pw manager and give him the players he expects we virtually double the payroll of the playing squad. That extra £5k pw for the manager actually translates into an incremental circa £5m on the Clubs wage bill. It’s just not as simple as it seems and whilst yes our accounts look healthy at the moment you have to remember that all the extra stuff we are currently doing including some of the signings are as a result of one man’s largesse which will almost certainly not continue forever. Been there before remember. 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Course they are, Tynecastle is an addiction for all of us.

Thats why i cant comprehend the abuse dished out to the club on occasions 😜

Yeah all true mate.

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I haven't said i want him to stay or leave.

So just like being neutral 🤯

10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

That’s 17% of the nutcases on here.  Means nothing 😂😂😂😂😂

21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep and trebled his salary at the same time. Contract that was life-changing and has been. 

If he gets a similar offer again and leaves , do you think we could find a better manager ?

So just like being neutral 🤯

No.

I don't have any influence on the decisions made at the club and will rock up regardless.

I also think if you have the opinion about moving the manager on then you should have a name to replace him. Neither are the job of the supporter but at least show some intellect by giving an option to replace him.

No.

I don't have any influence on the decisions made at the club and will rock up regardless.

I also think if you have the opinion about moving the manager on then you should have a name to replace him. Neither are the job of the supporter but at least show some intellect by giving an option to replace him.

Does that mean we all need to name players to replace the ones who who aren't good enough?

Just now, jambocub said:

Does that mean we all need to name players to replace the ones who who aren't good enough?

No.

Football clubs tend to not sack players.

No.

Sorry for not having any intellect.

Im sure it won’t matter who I suggest…you will have a reason to scrutinise whoever I mention.

I will continue to hide my intellect thanks.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

You can all be wrong. 

You were wrong in his first spell, you were wrong, as I was after Brora, you were wrong around October. 

Tbf, time will tell if you are wrong this time.

Even if he is sacked ( after we drop down the league and you celebrate), time will still be needed to determine if you were right.

If we end up higher than 3rd, win lots of trophies, then I will be the first to admit you were right.

Time will tell.

Edited by Bazzas right boot