Gary Lineker

The Hogfather

colinmaroon
22 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

No self-respecting gentleman about town ever pairs his brown shirt with a rabble trouser. Always, but always, the plum corduroys. :D

A cracker, sir.   And it was usually brown shorts too.  I leave that to your imagination.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• periodictabledancer

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

Footballfirst

I just saw an BBC interview on College Green, just outside Westminster, where Steve Bray (the anti Brexit/Tory activist) was playing the Match of the Day theme music to to distraction of the interviewees.

:evilno:  Watch out Steve, the thought police will be along shortly.

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I know that Leicester City played a pre-season friendly at Easter Road some time in the early '80s. I think that may have coincided with Lineker coming through the ranks.

Edit: I could be completely wrong with that.

A quick check on a site called tokyofox.net records all their matches v Scottish sides and there's no match at Easter Rd in the '80s. There is, however, this wee snippet:

Hearts vs Leicester City (2-3), 13th August 1983 – Robert Jones opened the scoring early doors for the visitors but a brace from John Robertson turned things around and the Jam Tarts led at the break. Two late goals from a certain Gary Lineker though turned the match on its head.

Imagine that; Lineker coming to Tynie to learn how Robbo did it.

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/198308131.html

I P Knightley
37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I just saw an BBC interview on College Green, just outside Westminster, where Steve Bray (the anti Brexit/Tory activist) was playing the Match of the Day theme music to to distraction of the interviewees.

:evilno:  Watch out Steve, the thought police will be along shortly.

The same guy that played Yackety Sax behind some Tory interviews a couple of months ago and who was squared up to by 30p Lee Anderthal recently.

The guy's a bam - but he's our bam.

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I know it shouldn't bother me but it's really bugging me as to who it was at Easter Road that summer. I would have placed a substantial bet on it having been Leicester City. I was there in a work capacity but clearly not sufficiently engaged by whatever was going on on the pitch.

30 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I know it shouldn't bother me but it's really bugging me as to who it was at Easter Road that summer. I would have placed a substantial bet on it having been Leicester City. I was there in a work capacity but clearly not sufficiently engaged by whatever was going on on the pitch.

https://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/team_friendly_list.php?page=4

That help you at all? 

i wish jj was my dad

I caught something on C4 news about a story in Cannock in Staffs where asylum seekers are being put up in hotels.  Watching the locals get whipped up by baseless social media 'reports' of asylum seekers walking around the street following young girls around the town and increased attacks.  Police calling it bullshit.  They had one record of an asylum seeker damaging a car.  Full stop. 

The reporter has collared a group called Patriotic Alternative who are stirring it all up.  The sort of tensions that Cruella has described as 'understandable'. 

But Gary Lineker, eh.  

A lot of this is also down to how the Home Office decides to distribute immigrants.
Instead of evenly distributing them across the country, they outsourced the housing of them.

So, the companies doing the rehoming opted for buying up the cheapest houses they could, to lower their costs and maximise profits.

And, of course, these cheap houses are in already deprived areas, which is why they're so cheap in the first place.

So you end up with lots of migrants being concentrated in feckin shiteholes, adding to the problems which these areas are already suffering from, through no fault of the migrants themselves.

This then gives rise to the "ghettoes" myth, as if the migrants have any say in where they go or where they stay(!)

Current UK migration rates are running at around 2.24 per 1,000 population.
This is the lowest it has been since 1999.

Spread that out evenly across the country in every city, town or village and the "influx" is far less apparent.

As usual, the UK government is making things seem worse than they are by either being shite, or being sleekit.

il Duce McTarkin
10 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Unbelievably, he's only 32 years old.

Lucky to see 33 imo.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Cade said:

A lot of this is also down to how the Home Office decides to distribute immigrants.
Instead of evenly distributing them across the country, they outsourced the housing of them.

So, the companies doing the rehoming opted for buying up the cheapest houses they could, to lower their costs and maximise profits.

And, of course, these cheap houses are in already deprived areas, which is why they're so cheap in the first place.

So you end up with lots of migrants being concentrated in feckin shiteholes, adding to the problems which these areas are already suffering from, through no fault of the migrants themselves.

This then gives rise to the "ghettoes" myth, as if the migrants have any say in where they go or where they stay(!)

Current UK migration rates are running at around 2.24 per 1,000 population.
This is the lowest it has been since 1999.

Spread that out evenly across the country in every city, town or village and the "influx" is far less apparent.

As usual, the UK government is making things seem worse than they are by either being shite, or being sleekit.

That would be consistent with their rhetoric. 

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I caught something on C4 news about a story in Cannock in Staffs where asylum seekers are being put up in hotels.  Watching the locals get whipped up by baseless social media 'reports' of asylum seekers walking around the street following young girls around the town and increased attacks.  Police calling it bullshit.  They had one record of an asylum seeker damaging a car.  Full stop. 

The reporter has collared a group called Patriotic Alternative who are stirring it all up.  The sort of tensions that Cruella has described as 'understandable'. 

But Gary Lineker, eh.  

Notice the Patriotic Alternative guy lost his grin and talked over the reporter when he mentioned the great replacement conspiracy theory. 

Dick Dastardly
12 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Frank not happy with Gary

What an utter pile of incoherent drivel. 

Spitonastranger
15 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He talks about us, is he in the Tory Givernment who Linekar tweeted about. Too many punches to the head. 

periodictabledancer
15 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Kershaw's comments are hilarious. He 'promoted' black people. Aye , so will anybody , for the cash.🙄

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 hours ago, The Hogfather said:

Who the **** is Frank Warren?

Somebody once tried to shoot him dead. The guy is a Tory twat.

The Hogfather
9 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Somebody once tried to shoot him dead. The guy is a Tory twat.

I’ve still no idea who he is and why his opinion matters more than anyone else’s though. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

I’ve still no idea who he is and why his opinion matters more than anyone else’s though. 

He is/was a boxing promoter. Tried to force Terry Marsh to fight, even after knowing Marsh had epilepsy. Marsh won the subsequent liable case, and was also cleared of shooting Warren.

Whoever did shoot Warren will have had a good reason to do it.

The Hogfather
5 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

He is/was a boxing promoter. Tried to force Terry Marsh to fight, even after knowing Marsh had epilepsy. Marsh won the subsequent liable case, and was also cleared of shooting Warren.

Whoever did shoot Warren will have had a good reason to do it.

So his opinion is worth about the same as Eddie Hearn or Don King. Cool, cheers. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

So his opinion is worth about the same as Eddie Hearn or Don King. Cool, cheers. 

Pretty much. I think the reason some see his opinion as valid is because he's ramping up the Tory culture wars.

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Pretty much. I think the reason some see his opinion as valid is because he's ramping up the Tory culture wars.

The gammons needed someone to rally around. Shows the quality of candidates they have when people like him and Richard Madeley are required. 

48 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Kershaw's comments are hilarious. He 'promoted' black people. Aye , so will anybody , for the cash.🙄

Liz Kershaw :laugh:

Thank feck she was punted from 6Music, her show on it was absolute sh1te.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Liz Kershaw :laugh:

Thank feck she was punted from 6Music, her show on it was absolute sh1te.

Some family that, she's awful 😃

Wasn't her brother stalking women not long ago?

John Findlay
1 hour ago, The Hogfather said:

And Gary Winston Lineker.

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Banned from the meme thread by any chance? 

😂😂 Surprisingly no.

periodictabledancer

Nicky Campbell get a wee jibe into Tory interference in the BBC. Go to 0.22  :lol:

Edited by periodictabledancer

3 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Nicky Campbell get a wee jibe into Tory interference in the BBC. Go to 0.22  :lol:

Campbell will of course be freelance and as with Lineker a well respected broadcaster / presenter so has the upper hand.

I'd imagine a BBC heavyweight in John Simpson must be too.

Edited by DETTY29

Francis Albert

The Telegraph yesterday reported that many of the broadcasters and celebrities who supported Gary during his recent trouble with BBC benefit from selling podcasts and films to Goalhanger a company in which Gary is the majority shareholder. Including Shearer. Wrighty Gabby Logan Stephen Fry. Alastair Campbell and a dozen more. Gary claimed to be almost moved to tears by their support. 

Meanwhile the Mirror today (I have catholic tastes in my reading material) continues the push for canonisation of Gary. "Britain should be proud of Lineker" quoting the refugee who Gary invited into his home and shared it for some unspecified time. He is "So proud of Gary's battle for humanity". Another disinterested supporter.

periodictabledancer
16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The Telegraph yesterday reported that many of the broadcasters and celebrities who supported Gary during his recent trouble with BBC benefit from selling podcasts and films to Goalhanger a company in which Gary is the majority shareholder. Including Shearer. Wrighty Gabby Logan Stephen Fry. Alastair Campbell and a dozen more. Gary claimed to be almost moved to tears by their support. 

Meanwhile the Mirror today (I have catholic tastes in my reading material) continues the push for canonisation of Gary. "Britain should be proud of Lineker" quoting the refugee who Gary invited into his home and shared it for some unspecified time. He is "So proud of Gary's battle for humanity". Another disinterested supporter.

What is the Torygraph insinuating - because you can bet your life they and their readers didn't give a toss who worked at Goalhanger a month ago ? I also noted they were saying that BBC journos were furious about having "to go out on strike for millionaires" .... according to their one , unnamed "source". Absolutely tragic stuff. The right wing loons have been out in force and are  still desperately slagging GL off , inter alia, as  "peddling crisps" FFS. 

31 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The Telegraph first with the news! Jeezo , here's 8 days ago and Alastair Campbell firing back with both barrels

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

What is the Torygraph insinuating - because you can bet your life they and their readers didn't give a toss who worked at Goalhanger a month ago ? I also noted they were saying that BBC journos were furious about having "to go out on strike for millionaires" .... according to their one , unnamed "source". Absolutely tragic stuff. The right wing loons have been out in force and are  still desperately slagging GL off , inter alia, as  "peddling crisps" FFS. 

It is saying the support of these people  for Gary was maybe something to do with  the fact that his company is a source of revenue for them. Possibly. 

What is the Mirror "insinuating" by devoting two pages and two very large headlines to his former (assuming the past tense means he has moved out) lodger's view of Gary.

But I will declare an interest. I hate Gary. The crisp adverts especially.

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It is saying the support of these people  for Gary was maybe something to do with  the fact that his company is a source of revenue for them. Possibly. 

What is the Mirror "insinuating" by devoting two pages and two very large headlines to his former (assuming the past tense means he has moved out) lodger's view of Gary.

The Telegraph is one of the specially selected client journalists accompanying Braverman to Rwanda for a photo op supporting Government migrant policy. It is possible that is motivating the Telegraph's reporting of this issue.

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, RobboM said:

The Telegraph first with the news! Jeezo , here's 8 days ago and Alastair Campbell firing back with both barrels

I hadn't seen that and as I said the Telegraph article was about lots of people other than Campbell. But good to see Campbell has lost none of his fierce response to anyone who dares question him on something he would prefer not to be questioned on. And his tactic of attack (even if it does not address the queation) as the best means of defence is as strong as ever.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, RobboM said:

The Telegraph is one of the specially selected client journalists accompanying Braverman to Rwanda for a photo op supporting Government migrant policy. It is possible that is motivating the Telegraph's reporting of this issue.

A diverrsion from the question that Alastair Campbell would be proud of.

Francis Albert
19 minutes ago, Cade said:

GARY LINEKAR PAID EVERYBODY AT THE BCC TO GO ON STRIKE I READ IT IN THE TELEGRAPH

:gok:  :orly?:

No. Obviously not everyone in the BBC. And no-one is saying what you claim. The Telegraph is just saying that his supporters may not be wholly disinterested. Are you saying they were?

The idea that Lineker was close to tears because Wrighty and Shearer et all joined his boycott seems toe implausible. Just my opinion.

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I love the smell of Torygraph desperation ... It's like Animal Farm , "four legs good, two legs bad".... First he was the anti Christ now he's a "secret weapon".... :facepalm:

Edited by periodictabledancer