Kuol

mr fox

26 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

100%. The worst thing that could have happened to him would have been getting thrown in from the start of games for a long run of games. Slowly get him up to speed in training and 20 minutes here or there. I wouldn’t be surprised if he's here all next season as well, assuming Newcastle feel we've looked after him well.

It doesn't feel like a stretch to think they'd want the lad to have continuity. He'll be being looked after very well off the pitch too - we're very good at that I believe, and that'll count for a lot too.

We'd also need to want him back but can't imagine we wouldn't.

Let's see I suppose.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Batistuta87

• Chimp

• mr fox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Och, c'mon, mine was merely a quip with an element of truth. I'll be backing the lad until such time that he gets a few proper chances; and then hopefully beyond.

Fair play 👍

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I think it was Humphrys on one of those TikToks they did over the World Cup break, said Sibbick was very quick. He was with Gino who was just like "nah nah nah its me" but aye Sibbick is up there as well. Showed it when he sprinted 60yds to dink Davie Marshall 🤣

Yeah I saw that, want to see Toby venture forward more often, the other one where he and Grant were talking about Sunday Roasts, McDonalds and all you can eat buffets on holiday was taken down quite quickly. 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I saw that, want to see Toby venture forward more often, the other one where he and Grant were talking about Sunday Roasts, McDonalds and all you can eat buffets on holiday was taken down quite quickly. 

Seems to do well when he steps out of defence. He's a big strong laddie so players coming to face up to him often struggle and he does manage to charge on a bit. If he does lose it he's good at winning it back (again - something I think Halliday has commented on is his ability to win the ball back ahead of the defensive line). A bit like Souttar... 

Haha didn't know that was taken down. Can remember Humphrys going on about double quarter pounders or something though 🤣

Pasquale for King
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Seems to do well when he steps out of defence. He's a big strong laddie so players coming to face up to him often struggle and he does manage to charge on a bit. If he does lose it he's good at winning it back (again - something I think Halliday has commented on is his ability to win the ball back ahead of the defensive line). A bit like Souttar... 

Haha didn't know that was taken down. Can remember Humphrys going on about double quarter pounders or something though 🤣

Souttar seemed to be encouraged to do it more, maybe not.
Yeah that was his go to meal 🤦🏽

3 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Way to downsell a Hearts player guys 👏👏

You are ignoring his other impressive footage too. 

I was upselling a former Hearts player. Kuol is a Newcastle player. 

Did Vanaceck (sp) not look magnificent in footage? 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Souttar seemed to be encouraged to do it more, maybe not.
Yeah that was his go to meal 🤦🏽

I kind of noticed on Sunday that Kingsley stepped out of defence a touch more when Snoddy came off.  I wonder if that was coincedence, instruction or a decision from Kingsley?

It was a realy feature of our game with a combo of Beni/Cam/Haring that our CHs would step in to mindfield, be that Souttar, Kingsley, Moore did it well too last season.  Kye is capable of it and Toby very good at it.  But do we have a midfield that allow it now, both from a defensive cover and a creating that space kind of way?

I don't know, genuine question.  We seem to currently play 3 at the back and CM who drops in and takes the ball from them.  They then kind of stay there or spread over the pitch but still in line.  It means when Snoddy does take the ball, he has a lot of backwards options and less forward.

If we insist on this shape, we need the defenders to either step out when Snods gets the ball, or him to sit a bit higher and them to play more progressive passes (something again Toby very good at - zipping the ball between lines in to feet).

Duno, maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's our biggest issue, when we have the ball its like we have 4 CHs!

Sub4TiddlerMurray
23 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I was upselling a former Hearts player. Kuol is a Newcastle player. 

Did Vanaceck (sp) not look magnificent in footage? 

While he wears the colours he’s a Hearts player in my book.

Vanaceck was his own worst enemy by turning up at Tynie unfit.

I get your point tho but Van wasn’t filmed ripping the ar$e out of the Barca defence 

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I kind of noticed on Sunday that Kingsley stepped out of defence a touch more when Snoddy came off.  I wonder if that was coincedence, instruction or a decision from Kingsley?

It was a realy feature of our game with a combo of Beni/Cam/Haring that our CHs would step in to mindfield, be that Souttar, Kingsley, Moore did it well too last season.  Kye is capable of it and Toby very good at it.  But do we have a midfield that allow it now, both from a defensive cover and a creating that space kind of way?

I don't know, genuine question.  We seem to currently play 3 at the back and CM who drops in and takes the ball from them.  They then kind of stay there or spread over the pitch but still in line.  It means when Snoddy does take the ball, he has a lot of backwards options and less forward.

If we insist on this shape, we need the defenders to either step out when Snods gets the ball, or him to sit a bit higher and them to play more progressive passes (something again Toby very good at - zipping the ball between lines in to feet).

Duno, maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's our biggest issue, when we have the ball its like we have 4 CHs!

I think you’re absolutely spot on, especially against teams that sit back because the CH coming forward commits someone causing space and overloads elsewhere. I think thats why we want defenders to be good on the ball, and why we struggle to find someone as physical as Halkett who can pass too. 

18 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I get your point tho but Van wasn’t filmed ripping the ar$e out of the Barca defence 

Correct. Plays for Hearts = Hearts player.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

A packet of biscuits on Instagram irc.