Kuol

mr fox

Batistuta87
3 hours ago, graygo said:

If he's quicker than Henderson that would make him quickest at the club because Henderson was when he was here.

People don't realise how quick Henderson is. He is absolutely rapid. 

Think Oda is now the quickest. And not just at Hearts - apparently his top speed in KPH (or at least the highest he's been clocked at in a game) is the highest of anyone in the league. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Batistuta87

• Chimp

• mr fox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Think Oda is now the quickest. And not just at Hearts - apparently his top speed in KPH (or at least the highest he's been clocked at in a game) is the highest of anyone in the league. 

Yes I think that's right about Oda. 

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

I would love to know aswell 😂😂 the guys obviously on something 

It's called "vocabulary", nuanced use of same. 

gorgierulesapply88
5 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

Kuol’s 18. Looks a real talent and looks like he’s got a really good career ahead of him. 

Not sure Hearts was the right loan for him as he was never going to get a start ahead of Gino and Barrie. 

He's getting minutes. He wasn't a starter for CCM.

What do people expect? An 18 year old plays at the world cup, premier league side sign him and all of a sudden he's the next messi/ronaldo.

He's come to Hearts, for minutes he's getting minutes he's admitted he's playing with better players and the demands are higher here than at home.

I'm yet to see anything to show me he's better than Gino. Mckay is undroppable apparently.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I can’t remember a “Wow he’s fast” moment when I watched Henderson on numerous occasions! 🤷‍♂️

On 04/03/2023 at 20:36, Jonkel Hoon said:

Like Euan Henderson, but with bags more football ability!

STFY

As others have mentioned, it's a big step up for Kuol. 

From being a substitute player in a jobber A-League where players like Cumdog are top brass to the pace and style of the SPFL is very different. 

Folk think because he signed for Newcastle he'd be class. Let me remind you that Poppadom hands and Michael Stewart were Man United players, Woodburn and Ngoo Liverpool players etc etc. 

He might yet develop to be a quality first pick player for someone, but the key for him is the development part. He looks a miles off it at the moment. 

35 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

From being a substitute player in a jobber A-League where players like Cumdog are top brass to the pace and style of the SPFL is very different. 

Folk think because he signed for Newcastle he'd be class. Let me remind you that Poppadom hands and Michael Stewart were Man United players, Woodburn and Ngoo Liverpool players etc etc. 

He might yet develop to be a quality first pick player for someone, but the key for him is the development part. He looks a miles off it at the moment. 

I read an article by Graeme Arnold the Australia World Cup Manager saying that Kuol had only started 4 A League matches prior to the World Cup and he thought The SPFL was a good league for his loan as he feels he needs to experience other types of football.  He believes the lad is quite settled at Hearts and might benefit a longer loan spell.

Batistuta87
7 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I can’t remember a “Wow he’s fast” moment when I watched Henderson on numerous occasions! 🤷‍♂️

I can assure you, he is. 

Quickest at the club until recently. 

I am liking the fact that Kuol is still a bit raw as i think it gives us a chance of extending his loan to next season where he could make a big impact after a pre season.  

Loads of folk saying it's been a waste of a loan, I'm not sure I agree tbh. He's not been brought here to be a starter, he was a low risk option to potentially provide competition for places & fill out the squad, if he'd come in & been unreal then even better. So far he's done ok, not shown enough to displace any of our senior pros but he's done fine.

From Newcastle's & His perspective he's being tested at a higher level & a very demanding club. Honestly people don't give enough credit that this is a tough league to come in to, especially coming to the bigger clubs with the hype behind you, at Hearts it's sink or swim. You need character to make it here because there's loads of very very streetwise players who maybe don't have as much natural ability but will use every trick in the book to level the playing field against you if you're not up for the fight. This boys played a handful of games in the A-League, never mind Newcastle, he's not proven nor ready for the English Championship, we're as high a level as he was going to get, otherwise it'd be into the development leagues.

pettigrewsstylist

Its about him getting exposure to all aspects of a UK club, not just minutes on pitch.

7 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I can assure you, he is. 

Quickest at the club until recently. 

How do you know that - genuine question

6 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Its about him getting exposure to all aspects of a UK club, not just minutes on pitch.

Yip, I think this is being overlooked a lot.  I don't think for a second Newcastle or Hearts expected him to come in and play from the start.  Maybe hoped he'd tear it up, but of course the real exercise here is acclimatising the boy.  He's training every single day, away from home for the first time, at a far higher standard than he ever has.  He's around match day squads, he's getting minutes on the pitch in front of big expectant crowds in games that matter.

It's ALL good learning for the boy.  All part of his development.  Next season, perhaps even the next again, he needs to start playing and building up his match resilience and consistency/dependability.  Hope it's with us.

WHat we get in return for the above is a dangerous kid who is coming on and running and playing without fear, but also you'd hope a reputation as a great place to put your best talents rather than just the also rans in your academy running down their contracts.

The trouble with Koul and Oda is that they arrived with the usual fanfare and "coup's" for the club etc.

Kuol was/is a "world cup star" that's just signed for one of the richest EPL clubs and is meant to have massive potential and ability. Oda was sold as a player that loves to attack and has pace to burn, but when they get on the pitch we only see this in flashes.

Elements of the support forget they still get spots and only just grew pubes on their baws!

They need nurtured not thrown in to turn a game and get a result against Celtic at Parkhead etc.

They need time not dogs abuse!

If only we had a reserve league eh?

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Yip, I think this is being overlooked a lot.  I don't think for a second Newcastle or Hearts expected him to come in and play from the start.  Maybe hoped he'd tear it up, but of course the real exercise here is acclimatising the boy.  He's training every single day, away from home for the first time, at a far higher standard than he ever has.  He's around match day squads, he's getting minutes on the pitch in front of big expectant crowds in games that matter.

It's ALL good learning for the boy.  All part of his development.  Next season, perhaps even the next again, he needs to start playing and building up his match resilience and consistency/dependability.  Hope it's with us.

WHat we get in return for the above is a dangerous kid who is coming on and running and playing without fear, but also you'd hope a reputation as a great place to put your best talents rather than just the also rans in your academy running down their contracts.

I think your last para is as important as any other reason tbh.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
11 hours ago, Sarah O said:

You are completely underselling Kuol. No one thought he was class because he signed for Newcastle. It was because of this:

Sub4TiddlerMurray

He came on on Saturday and almost scored with an outrageous chip over the keeper (I've not seen anything close to that ability from Oda yet).

Ginnelly limped off on Saturday, which might open the door for Kuol to start against Celtic. I'd love to see that as he is one of the few players that plays without fear and that could be key.

10 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

I am liking the fact that Kuol is still a bit raw as i think it gives us a chance of extending his loan to next season where he could make a big impact after a pre season.  

Yip - we look after him, give some playing time and we qualify for Europe - really good platform to help him develop next season. He wouldn’t get this anywhere else. I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t here next season 

Batistuta87
5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

How do you know that - genuine question

Because I have eyes lol.

I just know. I've watched him a lot, it's been widely discussed on here, and mentioned in press etc. I can't remember who it was who said it but I remember reading or watching an interview when he was loaned out to Arbroath or Alloa and whoever it was said he should do well, has lightning pace, quickest at the club etc. 

jamboinglasgow
4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Certainly, its a massive change for him, just learning to live in a new country on your own can add issues and distractions that can take time to recover. Sibbick on the Scarves around the funnel podcast talked about even something such as living in a hotel for weeks meant his was not able to have the best diet as you eat hotel food all the time which can mean he is not at peak fitness, he also talked about how Kio is living in Scotland but his wife and children are still in Netherlands so that can be have an effect.

I do think he will be back next season (as long as Newcastle feel we are developing him) as giving him time to settle this season then kick on next season would be more beneficial for Kuol rather than just get up to speed at Hearts then be moved off to another club in the summer to start again getting up to speed. After a season and half for us, he should have matured a lot more meaning that it would be easier to go to a higher loan in 24/25 season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I hope he's back next season and we can play with more pace. 

I'm torn on Snodgrass, such a class player, but the method could be very different and hugely exciting with a couple of rapid strikers along with Shankland and a vibrant midfield including Beni and Devlin 

The Black Prince

My huge issue with this loan so far is that (and I've not seen a lot to be fair) in his limited minutes, Kuol makes a lot of runs that get ignored. Is this because the other players don't see him... don't trust him... or don't like him?

He'd have to be just about the fastest player in the league. Plan A HAS to be get him into open space when he's on the pitch but the other players seem to ignore him. 

If you make runs and never get the ball, then you just stop making the runs. Something has to change or Kuol needs to go elsewhere for his development.

1 hour ago, The Black Prince said:

My huge issue with this loan so far is that (and I've not seen a lot to be fair) in his limited minutes, Kuol makes a lot of runs that get ignored. Is this because the other players don't see him... don't trust him... or don't like him?

He'd have to be just about the fastest player in the league. Plan A HAS to be get him into open space when he's on the pitch but the other players seem to ignore him. 

If you make runs and never get the ball, then you just stop making the runs. Something has to change or Kuol needs to go elsewhere for his development.

If you do this you will never be a footballer

13 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

You are completely underselling Kuol. No one thought he was class because he signed for Newcastle. It was because of this:

So one good game where he didn't score? 

Harry Cochrane had more good games and scored a few goals. 

The expectations on this laddie are way OTT, it seems as though there are Hearts fans, Newcastle fans and Australians expecting him to be a superstar.

He’s a promising young laddie who’s never regularly played against adult men, he’s come from the Aussie beaches straight into a Scottish winter and he’s joined a team which is winning games and scoring goals.

Let the boy develop, grow and learn and stop treating him like Freddie Adu and we’ll see what happens, I would like to see him come back next season once he’s properly settled as he’s not ready for the prem and bumping him on loan to different clubs won’t do him any good

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

The expectations on this laddie are way OTT, it seems as though there are Hearts fans, Newcastle fans and Australians expecting him to be a superstar.

He’s a promising young laddie who’s never regularly played against adult men, he’s come from the Aussie beaches straight into a Scottish winter and he’s joined a team which is winning games and scoring goals.

Let the boy develop, grow and learn and stop treating him like Freddie Adu and we’ll see what happens, I would like to see him come back next season once he’s properly settled as he’s not ready for the prem and bumping him on loan to different clubs won’t do him any good

:spoton:

13 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Certainly, its a massive change for him, just learning to live in a new country on your own can add issues and distractions that can take time to recover. Sibbick on the Scarves around the funnel podcast talked about even something such as living in a hotel for weeks meant his was not able to have the best diet as you eat hotel food all the time which can mean he is not at peak fitness, he also talked about how Kio is living in Scotland but his wife and children are still in Netherlands so that can be have an effect.

I do think he will be back next season (as long as Newcastle feel we are developing him) as giving him time to settle this season then kick on next season would be more beneficial for Kuol rather than just get up to speed at Hearts then be moved off to another club in the summer to start again getting up to speed. After a season and half for us, he should have matured a lot more meaning that it would be easier to go to a higher loan in 24/25 season.

More likely he's staying up half the night making the most of the ahem, "premium" channels on the TV.

At least that's what I would've been doing when I was 18!

On 06/03/2023 at 08:29, TexasAndy said:

Hopefully cause this lad is going to be superb 

18 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Because I have eyes lol.

I just know. I've watched him a lot, it's been widely discussed on here, and mentioned in press etc. I can't remember who it was who said it but I remember reading or watching an interview when he was loaned out to Arbroath or Alloa and whoever it was said he should do well, has lightning pace, quickest at the club etc. 

I also have eyes. I also watched him and never saw any evidence of this electric pace you refer to.

I also have never seen it mentioned in the press but pop me over a copy as I might have missed it.

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I also have eyes. I also watched him and never saw any evidence of this electric pace you refer to.

I also have never seen it mentioned in the press but pop me over a copy as I might have missed it.

Should have tried opening them then ;) - don't know how you could possibly watch him and not think he's fast?? 

I'm not trawling through the internet to find it. I know he's quick and am happy with that. 

You think what you want 👍

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Should have tried opening them then ;) - don't know how you could possibly watch him and not think he's fast?? 

I'm not trawling through the internet to find it. I know he's quick and am happy with that. 

You think what you want 👍

What I think is this “he has lightning pace” stuff has come from a comment on here from a poster trying to argue Henderson’s case, and it’s now become a JKB fact - much like the “Levein’s doing a fantastic job with the academy” guff.

6 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Spot on. There's not much else to be said on it.

I'd like to see him back, but the clamour for him to play needs to stop. He'll get minutes here and there until he proves he deserves to start over established pros. It's all good for his development, it's fair to say he's no world beater, yet anyway, but he's an exciting prospect and a useful option for us.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
8 hours ago, Sarah O said:

So one good game where he didn't score? 

Harry Cochrane had more good games and scored a few goals. 

Yeah, it was only against Barcelona right enough.  

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

What I think is this “he has lightning pace” stuff has come from a comment on here from a poster trying to argue Henderson’s case, and it’s now become a JKB fact - much like the “Levein’s doing a fantastic job with the academy” guff.

Not for me. I've just seen his movement in games, in person, on TV, whatever, and know he's fast. Wasn't going to say any more on the matter but since you insist on going on about it...: 

His 2nd goal (13mins or so in) shows great pace. Made up about 15yds over an approx. 40yd sprint: 

JKB-er knows an East Fife player, quote: 

"he's fast, really fast, one of the swiftest forwards he's encountered in the lower leagues". 

Full thread, with plenty comments about his pace: 

He's fast. Saying nothing more on the matter because you're quite simply wrong.

gorgierulesapply88
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Not for me. I've just seen his movement in games, in person, on TV, whatever, and know he's fast. Wasn't going to say any more on the matter but since you insist on going on about it...: 

His 2nd goal (13mins or so in) shows great pace. Made up about 15yds over an approx. 40yd sprint: 

"he's fast, really fast, one of the swiftest forwards he's encountered in the lower leagues". 

There is no doubting the pace of Henderson, he just doesn't seem to show the ability to match it. Or if he plays, he needs to play up beside someone who he can play of of..

Batistuta87
45 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

There is no doubting the pace of Henderson, he just doesn't seem to show the ability to match it. Or if he plays, he needs to play up beside someone who he can play of of..

Yup. Don't think he had the technical ability to be a winger and didn't have the composure to be a striker. Not at this level anyway. Seems to have done well in the lower leagues so I'm sure he'll make a successful enough career for himself there. If he does very well over the next couple of years then he might get himself a move back to one of the smaller SPL sides. Always thought Livi might have been a decent place for him. Looking at the likes of Stevie May, Chris Kane, Dominic Samuel and guys like that, he's probably not far off them so with a bit of experience and confidence then he could possibly replace guys like them when they move on. 

6 hours ago, Thomaso said:

as a youngster he was a sprinter at a high level and may well have represented scotland, over 100-200 metres he had the ability to be very fast and certainly was fastest at the club for a long time 

5 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Another article for good measure where the journalist and even the man himself talks about his pace.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/euan-henderson-wants-more-chances-to-inject-his-pace-into-games-as-he-fights-to-help-hearts-3182108

Its incredible what people see, or don't see, in this case.

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Jamborose said:

as a youngster he was a sprinter at a high level and may well have represented scotland, over 100-200 metres he had the ability to be very fast and certainly was fastest at the club for a long time 

1 hour ago, saxondale said:

Another article for good measure where the journalist and even the man himself talks about his pace.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/euan-henderson-wants-more-chances-to-inject-his-pace-into-games-as-he-fights-to-help-hearts-3182108

Its incredible what people see, or don't see, in this case.

Thank you both 👍🏻🧑‍🦯 

Edited by Batistuta87

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Great goal, deceptively fast like most speedsters. Good luck to him. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jamborose said:

Didn’t know that, Sibbick was a sprinter too apparently. 

14 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Like Yuho Makela?

15 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

We should sign Tony Watt, after all he did score v Barcelona ... oops, wait! Already tried that. 🙃

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Like Yuho Makela?

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

We should sign Tony Watt, after all he did score v Barcelona ... oops, wait! Already tried that. 🙃

Way to downsell a Hearts player guys 👏👏

You are ignoring his other impressive footage too. 

32 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Way to downsell a Hearts player guys 👏👏

You are ignoring his other impressive footage too. 

Och, c'mon, mine was merely a quip with an element of truth. I'll be backing the lad until such time that he gets a few proper chances; and then hopefully beyond.

Batistuta87
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Didn’t know that, Sibbick was a sprinter too apparently. 

I think it was Humphrys on one of those TikToks they did over the World Cup break, said Sibbick was very quick. He was with Gino who was just like "nah nah nah its me" but aye Sibbick is up there as well. Showed it when he sprinted 60yds to dink Davie Marshall 🤣

On 06/03/2023 at 16:28, TheBigO said:

100%. The worst thing that could have happened to him would have been getting thrown in from the start of games for a long run of games. Slowly get him up to speed in training and 20 minutes here or there. I wouldn’t be surprised if he's here all next season as well, assuming Newcastle feel we've looked after him well.

Batistuta87
16 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

100%. The worst thing that could have happened to him would have been getting thrown in from the start of games for a long run of games. Slowly get him up to speed in training and 20 minutes here or there. I wouldn’t be surprised if he's here all next season as well, assuming Newcastle feel we've looked after him well.

People forgetting he's only 18. Just 18, too. Won't be 19 until some time next season. Think about yourself as an 18yo, or about any 18 year olds you know right now and imagine dropping them into the same situation. 18yo me would shit their pants.

Also think he'll be back next season. He's playing and training at a pretty good level here and having some familiar faces around him who are old enough to take him under their wing but young enough to still be his mates, whilst he learns the ropes of living alone, being away from his family, and just generally growing into a man, will be absolutely invaluable. 

Edited by Batistuta87