Kuol

mr fox

Should this lad not get a run of games don’t see the point bringing him here to sit on the bench. He is raw but I like him going to be a good player fast and really gets stuck in. 

He will be off in the summer and I don’t think we will see much from him. 
He brings more up front than ginnelly does 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Batistuta87

• Chimp

• mr fox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Should this lad not get a run of games don’t see the point bringing him here to sit on the bench. He is raw but I like him going to be a good player fast and really gets stuck in. 

What are you basing that on?

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, mr fox said:

How would we know. All we do know is that Gino is our second best forward after Shanks.

People wanting too much too soon from Kuol. He's not long arrived as an 18 year old kid from Oz. Needs time to settle and adapt and I'm sure he'll get more opportunities soon. I do think he'll be an important weapon for us in the remaining games of the season, his pace is scary! especially over a short distance. Never seen acceleration like it.

3 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Is that in the hope he plays badly, doesn't score goals, we get beat and you can jump from thread to thread slagging off the club ?

Genuine question. 

I think he needs to properly earn his place and prove he's THAT player.

So far he hasn't came in and lit the place up. He doesn't look a class above what we have.

So if he comes on and starts influencing the game and scoring goals then fair enough. He'll get his place.

Naisys Tackle

Nobody deserves a run just for the sake of it.  We are at a crucial stage of the season and need our best players and team on the pitch.  If he doesn't play and we win games then I'm not going to argue. 

The White Cockade
3 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

We really need to give him, and Oda, a run.

Oda here for 3 years

Kuol only till end of the season 

King Of The Cat Cafe
Just now, The White Cockade said:

Oda here for 3 years

Kuol only till end of the season 

I knew that.  

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

When they show they are good enough then they get a run of games for me. 

Cut The Crap

Strange one to be honest. Very little impact so far. I was expecting more.

Still, if a lightning quick, 18-year EPL wonder kid can't get a game for us, we must be in pretty good shape I suppose.

18 minutes ago, mr fox said:

I think people vastly undervalue Gino.  He beats defenders up, he runs them and runs them, he uses his body well, they don't know whether to go tight or drop off, he runs the channels, he pulls them wide.  They know they've been in a game.  His workrate is superb.  Really do think all that goes unnoticed, probably because many see him as a winger and expect him to be doing fancy stuff - but he's still a constant threat.

Anyway.  I like Kuol, love his enthusiasm and he's created openings.  I think coming on for 20-30 minutes suits him well.

He's helluva raw and that's the best route for him.  I'd hope we might be looking at bringing him back next season.  You know, right he's not quite first XI for us now but we think he could be next season and then you'll have him back 2024/25 ready to go.... If Robbie and the guys like him I'd hope that's in discussion

I think him and Oda have shown flashes, and they're exciting but Gino has earnt his place imo.

If we were to change shape a little (433), perhaps there'd be space for Shanks, Gino and Kuol, but guess this would mean Barrie missing out.  Would be some bench mind you.

His only start was central midfield against Rangers and we talk about handling him right , how the **** was that doing right by the laddie.

pettigrewsstylist
33 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I think he needs to properly earn his place and prove he's THAT player.

So far he hasn't came in and lit the place up. He doesn't look a class above what we have.

So if he comes on and starts influencing the game and scoring goals then fair enough. He'll get his place.

Fitbaw eh? Funny auld game .

pettigrewsstylist
16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think people vastly undervalue Gino.  He beats defenders up, he runs them and runs them, he uses his body well, they don't know whether to go tight or drop off, he runs the channels, he pulls them wide.  They know they've been in a game.  His workrate is superb.  Really do think all that goes unnoticed, probably because many see him as a winger and expect him to be doing fancy stuff - but he's still a constant threat.

Anyway.  I like Kuol, love his enthusiasm and he's created openings.  I think coming on for 20-30 minutes suits him well.

He's helluva raw and that's the best route for him.  I'd hope we might be looking at bringing him back next season.  You know, right he's not quite first XI for us now but we think he could be next season and then you'll have him back 2024/25 ready to go.... If Robbie and the guys like him I'd hope that's in discussion

I think him and Oda have shown flashes, and they're exciting but Gino has earnt his place imo.

If we were to change shape a little (433), perhaps there'd be space for Shanks, Gino and Kuol, but guess this would mean Barrie missing out.  Would be some bench mind you.

All agreed. If we want the lad next season we are going to have to give him more minutes though, probably post split.

Otherwise someone else will make a move using the lack of minutes as the leverage.

Tricky one. 

Pasquale for King

Quite raw but needs a run of games, cant see him getting them ahead of guys like Ginnelly and Humphrey’s who we are trying to persuade to be here after the summer..

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Flashes from him so far, but what really did folk expect from two kids. 

Certainly not time, after signing Oda thought Kuol was a bit of an odd signing in truth, one inexperienced kid was probably enough, but looked too good to pass up on and he has had moments.

Naisys Tackle
15 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Needs another 6 months. 

Cant see Newcastle agreeing to that or it being recommended by Arnold. 

At the expense of Ginnelly?👀

I think the manager needs to look at others he could maybe “rest” before making room for Kuol.  

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Cant see Newcastle agreeing to that or it being recommended by Arnold. 

Dunno, depends what Newcastle view their plan is and how they view his development. Newcastle may have factored in taking time to adjust to British football when he first came on loan with us, so as long as they see progression by the end of season, then they will let him stay another season for continuity (rather than move to another club where he has to start again.) 

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, mr fox said:

Ginnelly is frustrating sometimes but has scored a few good and important goals for us. The kid may one day be very good but right now does not bring more than Ginnelly.

He’s had a few chances to score and like most 18 year olds when the chance came to seal the deal he panicked and….well we all know what happens.

Lets not get carried away just because Newcastle bought him.

Bungalow Bill

My impression of Kuol was that he was so small and slight he’s going to struggle to get game time down south next year, unless he bulks up a little bit more. I think we could have him next year. 

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

People wanting too much too soon from Kuol. He's not long arrived as an 18 year old kid from Oz. Needs time to settle and adapt and I'm sure he'll get more opportunities soon. I do think he'll be an important weapon for us in the remaining games of the season, his pace is scary! especially over a short distance. Never seen acceleration like it.

There are 12 games left of the league season, then he's offski.  If he was going to need that much time to adapt and settle in, there was very little point bringing him here on a 6 month loan. 

We need players that can hit the ground running and contribute to the team, and even though he's 18, you would think he should have been able to do that, or else why is he even here?

His parent club would probably agree.  He should be good enough, and in the short flashes we've seen, seems to be good enough to at least merit getting half an hour per game.

jambo-in-furness

it’s a case of.      “Use him or lose him”.    If he doesn’t get game time he will want to leave, never mind Newcastle fc recalling him.

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

All agreed. If we want the lad next season we are going to have to give him more minutes though, probably post split.

Otherwise someone else will make a move using the lack of minutes as the leverage.

Tricky one. 

Yeah maybe but on the flip, not being quite ready for games with us could play in to our hands too!  Who WOULD guarantee game time, you know?  If he's settled, likes the training, NUtd are happy with how we're treating and training him, you'd think we're in with a shout.  If we want to be, of course.

15 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Dunno, depends what Newcastle view their plan is and how they view his development. Newcastle may have factored in taking time to adjust to British football when he first came on loan with us, so as long as they see progression by the end of season, then they will let him stay another season for continuity (rather than move to another club where he has to start again.) 

That's it.  Not playing every week, or not starting, doesn't mean the lad isn't progressing.  There will be lots of metrics to do with his physical development I'm sure Newcastle will have an eye on from afar, and you'd think their loans manager (Ameobi?) will be in touch checking he's coming on as far as his football development.  At his age, training every day in a competitive first team environment will be doing him a lot of good.  He may not even get that elsewhere.

Naisys Tackle
19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Suppose.  Could go either way.   The Oz boss comments are of he's lost confidence and struggled to adapt so far though so that will be taken into consideration too.  Maybe a move to Holland or somewhere in the summer for a year would suit more than the Scottish game.

1 hour ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I might agree that we need to give Oda a run.  But Kuol isn't our player, playing him to try and develop him doesnt help us at all.

So he like most needs to earn his place.  The only reason to play Kuol with development in mind is if the management is confident enough that there's enough quality there to benefit us next season, and there's enough confidence in being able to loan him for next season too if we show he'll get valuable game time with us.

Can't comment on the latter point, no idea how he looks in training or what discussions have been had with Newcastle.  From his appearances so far I'm not sure he's shown enough to be getting game time just with a view to retaining him for next year.  We do definitely have Oda here though and I'm keen to see more of him!

11 minutes ago, tian447 said:

There are 12 games left of the league season, then he's offski.  If he was going to need that much time to adapt and settle in, there was very little point bringing him here on a 6 month loan. 

We need players that can hit the ground running and contribute to the team, and even though he's 18, you would think he should have been able to do that, or else why is he even here?

His parent club would probably agree.  He should be good enough, and in the short flashes we've seen, seems to be good enough to at least merit getting half an hour per game.

He was always going to need time to settle in regardless? There's still plenty of football to be played between now and then end of the season with some big games coming up so if he contributes to us winning any of those games it could be regarded as a success. I can't imagine we've had to pay very much if anything to get him in for 6 months so nothing lost if it doesn't work out. This could also be a trial run for us looking to get him in next season on loan if he does impress. 

He hasn't exactly been crap either, only had 1 poor game against Rangers where he was thrown to the wolves being played out of position. He's looked sprightly any time he's come on. He's only been here 2 months give the guy a chance for Christ's sake. You don't get signed by Newcastle (who beat Barcelona to him) and play for Australia at his age if you're a dud. I'll probably side with their scouts and management teams and trust their judgement.

Edited by Chimp

41 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Flashes from him so far, but what really did folk expect from two kids. 

Certainly not time, after signing Oda thought Kuol was a bit of an odd signing in truth, one inexperienced kid was probably enough, but looked too good to pass up on and he has had moments.

Oda is ours is here for three years he can be ushered into the team over time If you are signing someone on loan in January you are expecting them to be far more involved imo.Maybe that was the plan though and then after seeing him they have thought he was anywhere near as ready as they thought so is being used sparingly if not it seems a bizarre loan imo.

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, mr fox said:

Ofcourse he does

deserves  to get a few starts anyway and if not up to it then fine drop to bench.  

ginelly flatters to receive easily replaced 

We’re only 5 point above the shite as it stands. Not a time to give someone ‘a run’

In a few weeks when it’s back to a double figure gap then maybe. 

The Treasurer

You can guarantee that if we did play him and we lost the "usual suspects" would be straight on here slating RN for throwing in an inexperienced kid

Drylaw Hearts
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

His only start was central midfield against Rangers and we talk about handling him right , how the **** was that doing right by the laddie.

Newcastle should have told him to get on the next train back down the road after that.

Only Neilson would make such an effort to sign a lad who is proclaimed to be one of the most exciting young strikers in the world and then tell the public he needs to work on the defensive side of his game.

🤡

Luckies1874

Home games are far more appropriate for giving Kuol and Oda game time as we have seen excellent results at Tynecastle and are generally gash on the road. The recent matches on shocking pitches like Livingston and Hamilton has not helped nor has the mediocre general form of some key players in helping to integrate some of the new players. 

As things stand I’m far from convinced I’d want any of Humphrys, Ginnelly or Kuol back next season if 3rd is secured. The first two have certainly contributed, at times spectacularly, but I think we should be looking at better overall if we have an increased budget come the summer. Far too early (and we may never get the chance) to judge Kuol’s abilities as he really needs a run of games on his correct position, I doubt he will get. 

Edited by Luckies1874

HeartsandonlyHearts
16 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

No.

Euan Henderson mk2. Get him back down the road please. 

You probably wanted Zal punted too back in the day. 

10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You can guarantee that if we did play him and we lost the "usual suspects" would be straight on here slating RN for throwing in an inexperienced kid

Without a doubt. 

gorgierulesapply88
2 hours ago, mr fox said:

He doesn't bring more than ginnelly does at all. Given Ginnelly isn't even being utilised the way he should be either. Playing various players out of position is the norm under current stewardship.

If we're some points clear at 33 games played, Kuol will likely get the last 5 games.

He’s come in at time where every game is huge. The performances, team selections and tactical decisions have been a bit of a mess if I’m honest, and the league situation is a wee bit closer than I think we’d all like.

Agree with the others, if the gap builds a bit more and the team raises its level once more, he’ll get plenty opportunities toward the end.

FWIW, I would have him in ahead of McKay on Saturday

The Hogfather

You can tell we’ve not had a game for nearly two weeks. People just looking for things to get upset about. 

Luckies1874

What’s the benefit to Hearts of playing a loan player in (hypothetical) dead rubbers after the split?! Surely we’d be better playing guys like Grant and Oda  who are our actual players? 

I sat this as someone who is far more positive, it seems, than some re Kuol but I don’t really get this idea that once 3rd is sown up he’ll be in the team. Surely he was brought in to help get us there not fit us to develop him once it doesn’t matter. 

11 minutes ago, liam11 said:

He’s come in at time where every game is huge. The performances, team selections and tactical decisions have been a bit of a mess if I’m honest, and the league situation is a wee bit closer than I think we’d all like.

Agree with the others, if the gap builds a bit more and the team raises its level once more, he’ll get plenty opportunities toward the end.

FWIW, I would have him in ahead of McKay on Saturday

McKay is the main match winner in the side so he's not getting dropped.

New league and a settled side and formation makes it tricky for new younger players.

To be fair a lot of Man City fans said the same about Foden (he should play more) when he first appeared  so that's the template. 

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

What’s the benefit to Hearts of playing a loan player in (hypothetical) dead rubbers after the split?! Surely we’d be better playing guys like Grant and Oda  who are our actual players? 

I sat this as someone who is far more positive, it seems, than some re Kuol but I don’t really get this idea that once 3rd is sown up he’ll be in the team. Surely he was brought in to help get us there not fit us to develop him once it doesn’t matter. 

Because he might he here next season and how we deal with loan players is helpful in selling deals. 

kingantti1874

Strange loan in retrospect. 

looks a great talent but was never going to start many games, would make more sense if he is with us next season also