Kuol

mr fox

2 hours ago, mr fox said:

Should this lad not get a run of games don’t see the point bringing him here to sit on the bench. He is raw but I like him going to be a good player fast and really gets stuck in. 

He will be off in the summer and I don’t think we will see much from him. 
He brings more up front than ginnelly does 

No wonder players get bitter. Kuol has shown nothing to show he should be picked first before Gino. All I have seen so far from the chances he has been given is his ability to make clumsy fouls and an occasional burst of pace. Not saying there isn't something there but we are hardly in a strong enough position to gamble right now in hope he finds a bit of form.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Batistuta87

• Chimp

• mr fox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I think people vastly undervalue Gino.  He beats defenders up, he runs them and runs them, he uses his body well, they don't know whether to go tight or drop off, he runs the channels, he pulls them wide.  They know they've been in a game.  His workrate is superb.  Really do think all that goes unnoticed, probably because many see him as a winger and expect him to be doing fancy stuff - but he's still a constant threat.

Anyway.  I like Kuol, love his enthusiasm and he's created openings.  I think coming on for 20-30 minutes suits him well.

He's helluva raw and that's the best route for him.  I'd hope we might be looking at bringing him back next season.  You know, right he's not quite first XI for us now but we think he could be next season and then you'll have him back 2024/25 ready to go.... If Robbie and the guys like him I'd hope that's in discussion

I think him and Oda have shown flashes, and they're exciting but Gino has earnt his place imo.

If we were to change shape a little (433), perhaps there'd be space for Shanks, Gino and Kuol, but guess this would mean Barrie missing out.  Would be some bench mind you.

This.

Gino deserves his starting slot at the moment.

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This.

Correct.

Almost seems quite insulting to both him and Humph that a player who is a complete unknown in a maroon jersey should push past either of them for a place. 

Ideally we wouldve had some lower league cup ties or a wide gap in the league where he could have been tested but as it stands our position seems fragile .

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Americana said:

Correct.

Almost seems quite insulting to both him and Humph that a player who is a complete unknown in a maroon jersey should push past either of them for a place. 

Ideally we wouldve had some lower league cup ties or a wide gap in the league where he could have been tested but as it stands our position seems fragile .

Definitely, starting him in midfield against Rangers certainly wasn't the time to give him his first start. 

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

He was always going to need time to settle in regardless? There's still plenty of football to be played between now and then end of the season with some big games coming up so if he contributes to us winning any of those games it could be regarded as a success. I can't imagine we've had to pay very much if anything to get him in for 6 months so nothing lost if it doesn't work out. This could also be a trial run for us looking to get him in next season on loan if he does impress. 

He hasn't exactly been crap either, only had 1 poor game against Rangers where he was thrown to the wolves being played out of position. He's looked sprightly any time he's come on. He's only been here 2 months give the guy a chance for Christ's sake. You don't get signed by Newcastle (who beat Barcelona to him) and play for Australia at his age if you're a dud. I'll probably side with their scouts and management teams and trust their judgement.

I think you missed the part where I said "in the short flashes we've seen, seems to be good enough to at least merit getting half an hour per game"

I would love him to get more game time, but my question is more about why we're not really doing it.  He's highly rated, has international caps, and has enough pace to put the shiters up anyone tasked with defending him.  Seems a no brainer, especially as a second half sub if we're not keen on starting him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Oda is ours is here for three years he can be ushered into the team over time If you are signing someone on loan in January you are expecting them to be far more involved imo.Maybe that was the plan though and then after seeing him they have thought he was anywhere near as ready as they thought so is being used sparingly if not it seems a bizarre loan imo.

I think we agree. 

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Anyway.  I like Kuol, love his enthusiasm and he's created openings.  I think coming on for 20-30 minutes suits him well.

It does and that's how he was used by Central Coast Mariners.  Very rarely played 90 minutes.

at 18 he is still raw, and has a lot to earn but I agree as well as his lightning pace, he doesn't mind getting stuck in and shows lots of enthusiasm. I'm sure he didn't come here looking to be starting every game. 

He should earn his place off the bench, which he hasn’t really done yet. Robbie playing him in midfield was a massive failure. With our injury record he’ll likely have to play from the start soon anyway. That’s my take on it 

5 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

We really need to give him, and Oda, a run.

We are not set-up to play the way they would want to play, ball back far more often than forward, Oda has already shown frustration making runs that are ignored in his short game time thusfar!

2 minutes ago, bairdy said:

I'm more interested in seeing what Oda can do.

He's ours !

This is where I am at.

I was initially not fussed about the Koul signing in fact there was a few people that had a go at me for daring the state that an 18 year old with very little first team experience would not hit the ground running.

The management team should be focusing on Oda and not trying to shoehorn in Koul and they seem to be managing this quite well. 

I hope for Newcastle sake its a long contract they have him on as he will take some time to develop. 

18 minutes ago, Rods said:

This is where I am at.

I was initially not fussed about the Koul signing in fact there was a few people that had a go at me for daring the state that an 18 year old with very little first team experience would not hit the ground running.

The management team should be focusing on Oda and not trying to shoehorn in Koul and they seem to be managing this quite well. 

I hope for Newcastle sake its a long contract they have him on as he will take some time to develop. 

They should be focussing on getting the best 11 on the park in their best positions. If Oda or Kuol are deemed better options than we have then they play, if not they don’t. I’m sure that’s how it will work as well, the boss  will pick what he believes is the best 11 to win each game. 

6 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

100% we do both full of non stop running 

6 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

When they show they are good enough then they get a run of games for me. 

How do they do that ?

3 hours ago, Americana said:

Correct.

Humphries is decent but always does better coming on than starting 

7 hours ago, Chimp said:

People wanting too much too soon from Kuol. He's not long arrived as an 18 year old kid from Oz. Needs time to settle and adapt and I'm sure he'll get more opportunities soon. I do think he'll be an important weapon for us in the remaining games of the season, his pace is scary! especially over a short distance. Never seen acceleration like it.

He will be gone in 2 months 

HeartsandonlyHearts
20 minutes ago, mr fox said:

100% we do both full of non stop running 

You are definitely on the wind up.

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He should earn his place off the bench, which he hasn’t really done yet. Robbie playing him in midfield was a massive failure. With our injury record he’ll likely have to play from the start soon anyway. That’s my take on it 

Celtic away maybe an opportunity. 

As I've said Hearts have a settled side and system. Very hard to get in. 

19 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

How can anyone think McKay should be jettisoned to accommodate Kuol?

No way. He's the main match changer. He does have the occasional quiet game but he's the difference. Most recently completely changed the Dundee United game second half. 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No way. He's the main match changer. He does have the occasional quiet game but he's the difference. Most recently completely changed the Dundee United game second half. 

Out on the left wing not as an 8 or a 10.

jamtartan74

Not shown enough in his appearances so far, in fact from what I have seen I have thought he’s been garbage, huge let down considering the hype surrounding him. 

10 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Not shown enough in his appearances so far, in fact from what I have seen I have thought he’s been garbage, huge let down considering the hype surrounding him. 

Have to say I agree. Seen this movie so many times that right now I’ll be astonished if he makes a dozen top class appearances for Newcastle. Pace seems to be all he has. Other than run fast he’s made a 5 yard pass to Humphrys which admittedly should have resulted in an assist. Motherwell read him like a book. 

16 hours ago, tian447 said:

I think you missed the part where I said "in the short flashes we've seen, seems to be good enough to at least merit getting half an hour per game"

I would love him to get more game time, but my question is more about why we're not really doing it.  He's highly rated, has international caps, and has enough pace to put the shiters up anyone tasked with defending him.  Seems a no brainer, especially as a second half sub if we're not keen on starting him.

Probably a question only The Tinkerman can answer.

Rocky jamboa

I don't understand why he's not been given more game time. Fair enough a young lad who's with us permanently, breaking him in gently, but the whole point of him coming to us was to get game time and experience. He's looked good the few times he's played. I'd be cheesed off if I was Newcastle and this may scupper any link up we have with them in future, which is disappointing as they will have decent players they'll be keen to loan out in future I'd imagine.

10 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I don't understand why he's not been given more game time. Fair enough a young lad who's with us permanently, breaking him in gently, but the whole point of him coming to us was to get game time and experience. He's looked good the few times he's played. I'd be cheesed off if I was Newcastle and this may scupper any link up we have with them in future, which is disappointing as they will have decent players they'll be keen to loan out in future I'd imagine.

Good point

Didn’t see the point in this one, the guy is loaned out to get first team experience and he’s only started one game which didn’t go well and ended up being hooked at halftime. He would be better sitting on Newcastle’s bench than ours. Bet he regrets signing for us.

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

Didn’t see the point in this one, the guy is loaned out to get first team experience and he’s only started one game which didn’t go well and ended up being hooked at halftime. He would be better sitting on Newcastle’s bench than ours. Bet he regrets signing for us.

Be better playing our own young players too

like Kirk 

1 hour ago, Mosher007 said:

Don’t be surprised if he starts tomorrow 

Correct put in against rangers shocking decision this is the right game to show what he can do

On 02/03/2023 at 15:20, Robbo-Jambo said:

This.

He does indeed. 

It is a bit depressing that is the case but he does indeed. 

On 02/03/2023 at 12:21, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Based on what? Neither have shown anything like form whe they have come on to be demanding starting berths.  They need to start taking the chances they are being given off the bench, bursting a guy to show they deserve to start the next match.

On 02/03/2023 at 18:27, bairdy said:

I'm more interested in seeing what Oda can do.

He's ours !

That's where I am too but can see Kuol being here for the full season on loan next year too

maroonsgotop
15 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Have to say I agree. Seen this movie so many times that right now I’ll be astonished if he makes a dozen top class appearances for Newcastle. Pace seems to be all he has. Other than run fast he’s made a 5 yard pass to Humphrys which admittedly should have resulted in an assist. Motherwell read him like a book. 

didn't help him when he was tackled waist high on his first touch at Motherwell

Edited by maroonsgotop

maroonsgotop
47 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

playing in midfield which looked completely alien to him didn't help

On 02/03/2023 at 15:30, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, starting him in midfield against Rangers certainly wasn't the time to give him his first start. 

There was a lot that day that definatly shouldn't have happened, a very bad day at the office for Robbie.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, brux said:

There was a lot that day that definatly shouldn't have happened, a very bad day at the office for Robbie.

It was but he took no blame, the players didn’t execute the game plan.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was but he took no blame, the players didn’t execute the game plan.

We had a game plan?

8 minutes ago, brux said:

That's where I am too but can see Kuol being here for the full season on loan next year too

Doubt it very much based on the game time he has been given so far.

Surely the whole point of putting a young player out on loan is to get him playing.

He could be sitting on the bench for his own club at one of their younger age group teams.

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

I doubt if hes good enough to sit on their bench considering hes sitting on ours. He will need another loan next season also you would imagine, he chose us, Howe is no fan of Scottish football or our players. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

We had a game plan?

Exactly, Had one against Motherwell too apparently, players didn’t do it 🤦🏽.

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

didn't help him when he was tackled waist high on his first touch at Motherwell

True, but if the ref doesn’t deal with it he has to deal with it himself. In fairness to your point, Don Robertson let Butcher away with murder in the game. He couldn’t have done that had he been dealt with earlier. 

On 02/03/2023 at 12:26, The White Cockade said:

Oda here for 3 years

Kuol only till end of the season 

At the moment