• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• JoeHarper

• Sooks

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He’s clearly not hopeless is he? Good player who hopefully has got his head screwed on now for the sake of the Scotland team at

Least

John Souttar clearly more

talented however. 

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

He’s clearly not hopeless is he? Good player who hopefully has got his head screwed on now for the sake of the Scotland team at

Least

talented however. 

Nah not hopeless, they made out like he was the second coming of Cannavaro which he wasn't but he has ability & is a big physical unit. His biggest downside was always his attitude at hibs, far too long concentrating on playing to the gallery & acting the hard man rather than focussing on the task at hand & it bit him on the arse more than once, in stark contrast to Souttar who blocked out the noise from the support even when our fans turned on him & got on with it.

Getting away from the ned culture at ER was the best thing for his career, still got the odd moment of stupidity/naivety but he looks like much less of a complete donkey these days.

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

Nah not hopeless, they made out like he was the second coming of Cannavaro which he wasn't but he has ability & is a big physical unit. His biggest downside was always his attitude at hibs, far too long concentrating on playing to the gallery & acting the hard man rather than focussing on the task at hand & it bit him on the arse more than once, in stark contrast to Souttar who blocked out the noise from the support even when our fans turned on him & got on with it.

Getting away from the ned culture at ER was the best thing for his career, still got the odd moment of stupidity/naivety but he looks like much less of a complete donkey these days.

Hibs have a knack of turning reasonable players on the up into complete fuds to a man. Its ingrained in their culture. Even their fans expect it. Thats why there is no comparison between us and them. Most of their players leave with a criminal record (probably) and bitter and hateful.Yet a majority of our players leave with long lasting love and memories of playing for The Famous. 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Least

talented however. 

Don’t think many Hearts fan ever deemed him “hopeless” just adversely affected by being a Hibs Ned with his ned pals - and needed to get out of that dud club asap. This included his cheating antics and general bellend behaviour etc

Now that he’s moved on from a pound shop setup to a more professional environment he will kick on and be a good player.

• 7 months later...

He went on a run without getting booked so was overdue, he's been booked now 3 games in a row 🤑

He'd have been red carded if he connected here.... maybe he realised that. 45 seconds in..... :) 

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, escobri said:

He went on a run without getting booked so was overdue, he's been booked now 3 games in a row 🤑

For fake head knocks ??

vladisacoward
On 26/02/2023 at 08:17, JoeHarper said:

If he can eradicate the silly play acting/diving and concentrate on his game he'll go on to have a great career at a high level in the game, there's no doubt about that imo. His debut for Scotland showed what he can do.

He’s a shite footballer at best and an even worse human being.

1 hour ago, Daktari said:

He'd have been red carded if he connected here.... maybe he realised that. 45 seconds in..... :) 

Holds his knee pretending to be injured then looks up and watches them score, and then cuddles his knee again 🤣🤣

I think sticking with him in the Scotland team is going to backfire eventually 

AlimOzturk
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

I think sticking with him in the Scotland team is going to backfire eventually 

Think Souttar now that he’s playing regularly again has to start ahead. Far more talent. 

Ex member of the SaS

He is typical of the not so bright footballer who has scummy mates and he tags along. Now he is away from Edinburgh he has settled down. Decent but not the best and fills a gap when required.

Mikey1874

Watford are mid table just now. Well away from relegation places but a good run could see them into the play offs. Big difference to Porteous' career either way. 

Though another Scot that could stop him is Mikey Johnston doing well at West Brom.

11 hours ago, Daktari said:

A whiff of the Devon locks about young Ryan 

GarryJ-o-s

If you search his name on Twitter, the Watford fans aren’t exactly queuing up to give him a Valentine’s card.

Batistuta87

Hate admitting it when its a Hibs / ex-Hibs player, but he is decent - he's just an absolute trumpet of a laddie. 

Souttar is by far the better footballer though. If only he wasn't made out of chocolate. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Mister T said:

The famous novelist jockey on Devon Lock that day?

vegas-voss

Is he still playing centreback ?

If so caught out miles up the pitch as usual , it's always been his problem miles out of position with others left to try and cover his arse.

4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think Souttar now that he’s playing regularly again has to start ahead. Far more talent. 

You'd think.  But it's an interesting one.  Clarke's one (or only big) downfall in his tenure has been over-loyalty.  Will we get the Marshall/Gordon situation with Porteous/Souttar?  Souttar clearly a better player.  But Porteous tbf hasn't let himself down overly for Scotland (some rickets but in general done better than I thought he would).

WHile it isn't always this simple, for me you pick the better player 9 times out of 10.

3 hours ago, Mister T said:

""To do a Devon Loch" is a modern metaphor now sometimes used in sports and otherwise to explain a sudden, last-minute failure of teams or a sportsperson to complete an expected victory"

Sounds like a precursor to Hibsing it (clutching defeat from the jaws of victory), but the "expected victory" part lets it down.  Hibs never expect victory :lol: 

argyjambo
5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

The famous novelist jockey on Devon Lock that day?

The one and only Dick Francis, jockey and Best-Selling author.

Wee Mikey
3 hours ago, tian447 said:

""To do a Devon Loch" is a modern metaphor now sometimes used in sports and otherwise to explain a sudden, last-minute failure of teams or a sportsperson to complete an expected victory"

Sounds like a precursor to Hibsing it (clutching defeat from the jaws of victory), but the "expected victory" part lets it down.  Hibs never expect victory :lol: 

Are you sure about that. ☝️

Screenshot_20240214_165754_Google.jpg

John Findlay
31 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

👍

15 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Are you sure about that. ☝️

Screenshot_20240214_165754_Google.jpg

One of my most unhappiest day of my life🤢

Wee Mikey
4 minutes ago, One five said:

One of my most unhappiest day of my life🤢

For why?

It was their supposed 'Relegation Party'.

18 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

For why?

It was their supposed 'Relegation Party'.

Oh sorry I thought it was there cup win.

Then that was one of my

most memorable days 👍

Jambo-Fox
20 hours ago, escobri said:

I saw him play last Saturday at Watford … he was fouling the whole match, nasty fouls  …. the people around me commented

that it looked like he was trying to bully his opponents by deliberately trying to hurt (injure?) them. 

hectornicol
1 hour ago, argyjambo said:

Dick Francis never wrote a book in his life. They were all ghost written. Didn't stop me loving them though!

Cameronstheman
5 minutes ago, hectornicol said:

Dick Francis never wrote a book in his life. They were all ghost written. Didn't stop me loving them though!

I read a couple DF Books yonks ago, utter dug shit and always the same

As for RP, his ego is way bigger than his talent, but hes ok  as footballer 

2 hours ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Porteous is generally on the bench for Watford this season

No he’s not. Played most of the games from the start. 
Was carrying an injury the other week so had a couple of games on the bench but when fit is a starter 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I saw him play last Saturday at Watford … he was fouling the whole match, nasty fouls  …. the people around me commented

that it looked like he was trying to bully his opponents by deliberately trying to hurt (injure?) them. 

That’s almost his entire game. That and throwing himself in the ground when he’s beaten and kidding on he’s got a head injury. He’s a dick.

Edited by Deevers

gar jambo
On 23/06/2023 at 09:14, AlimOzturk said:

Least

talented however. 

Correct porteous found his level now a poor Watford side! Souttar has always been a better player a run in the Rangers team will prove it! Bar Injury 

6 hours ago, tian447 said:

The Devon Lochenders has a nice ring to it.

21 minutes ago, RobNox said:

The Devon Lochenders has a nice ring to it.

:sweeet:

Tommy Brown
On 14/02/2024 at 10:10, John Findlay said:

He is not setting the heather on fire at Vicarage Road.

Not sure if he has Fire Starting in his repertoire, Bottle throwing at the fairer sex though, he's your man

Just watched the recent Championship highlights and for 2 of the goals Watford conceded, it was the guy he was meant to marking that scored. 

Every time Watford concede, he just throws his arms up in the air, like it's never his fault.

2 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Just watched the recent Championship highlights and for 2 of the goals Watford conceded, it was the guy he was meant to marking that scored. 

Every time Watford concede, he just throws his arms up in the air, like it's never his fault.

His awareness is absolute pish.

He's a decent player with no brain.

John Findlay
27 minutes ago, Ked said:

He's a decent player with no brain.

I personally have never rated him. I don't think he is decent at all. Hibs conned Watford.

I was always baffled as to why he got as many plaudits as he did up here. He'd directly cost Hibs anywhere between 7-10 goals a season by switching off or just giving up. If he spent more time working on his game than he did trying to get at Steven Gerrard, he'd have really kicked on as a player.

Maiden Gorgie

A prick of the highest order. Good to see him struggling 👌

On 14/02/2024 at 17:51, Jambo-Fox said:

Sounds like him. A thoroughly repulsive *****. 

19 minutes ago, Bender said:

I was always baffled as to why he got as many plaudits as he did up here. He'd directly cost Hibs anywhere between 7-10 goals a season by switching off or just giving up. If he spent more time working on his game than he did trying to get at Steven Gerrard, he'd have really kicked on as a player.

He's a fud who I strongly suspect is thick as shit.

It was a delight watching him in a Hibs shirt being turned and facing his own goal. That's when he really triumphed! 

English Championship level must be hugely overrated if a clown like that has been able to largely hold his own until now.