Ryan porteous

Scott Monument

50 minutes ago, JoeHarper said:

King Kenny, now if every player modelled their career on that man we'd be world beaters.

If you love him so much, why not use the great mans name as your username?

Pat Stanton would be another option for you, of course. :thumbsup:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• JoeHarper

• Sooks

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JoeHarper said:

I'm not having a love in with him, I just think he's a vg player and has a future if he screws the nut. I couldn't give a monkeys if he does or he doesn't but it can only benefit the national team if he does.

As for the DR article? I hope the headlines didn't con you into buying that rag.

This is pretty much how I feel about the guy....

15 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Porteous booked for hauling down McBurnie and scores an OG to gift the 3 pts. At least he wasn’t feigning head injuries for 90 mins.

Most fouled player in Scottish Premiership this season! Absolute scumbag. 

Edited by Carter

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Porteous cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as  Stanton....a very cultured/quality player (that left a real bitter taste in my gob)

10 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Porteous cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as  Stanton....a very cultured/quality player (that left a real bitter taste in my gob)

Agreed. Pat Stanton is an absolute gentleman and modest with it in the Donald Ford mould. Porteous by all accounts is big headed lout who will never have any class about him. 

bringonthesevco

I actually think theres a half-decent player in there , which with some decent coaching could develop further.

This is in no way me disagreeing with the accepted summary that he's a major @rsehole. 

50 minutes ago, Mahroon said:

Please stop referring to him as Porto is it utter cringe 

Yep ass£@le sounds better 

Edited by buzzbomb1958

best in the land
10 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

This thread is absolutely reeking of methadone. 

This, not even subtle.

Just a strong whiff of scum.

3 hours ago, busbyfth said:

You’ve missed my point.  I was merely pointing out that, as a Hibs fan, Mr Harper could have chosen a username other than Joe Harper and an avatar other than Kenny Dalglish.  I wasn’t comparing the two in any small way.

3 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Agreed. Pat Stanton is an absolute gentleman and modest with it in the Donald Ford mould. Porteous by all accounts is big headed lout who will never have any class about him. 

See my post above, Jimbo.

1 hour ago, The Hogfather said:

This thread is absolutely reeking of methadone. 

It certainly is.  👍

While I’m on, I’m actually due you an apology for my manner of late.  

Sorry.

The Hogfather
17 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You’ve missed my point.  I was merely pointing out that, as a Hibs fan, Mr Harper could have chosen a username other than Joe Harper and an avatar other than Kenny Dalglish.  I wasn’t comparing the two in any small way.

It certainly is.  👍

Sorry.

Appreciate the apology, think no more of it.

6 minutes ago, andi17 said:

Okay buddy plodding along 

Good to hear, Andi.

We’re in Edinburgh right now (heading home on Tuesday).  It’s a changed city, that’s for sure. 😡

Take care.

Just now, Morgan said:

Good to hear, Andi.

We’re in Edinburgh right now (heading home on Tuesday).  It’s a changed city, that’s for sure. 😡

Take care.

Not necessarily for the better HMFC still owns it though lol 

5 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Totally agree… worked beside him a few years ago. As you say, absolute gent that just loved talking about football whether it was Hearts, h1b5 or whoever. No comparison to the thug Porteous. 

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

It certainly is.  👍

Sorry.

Didnt miss any point - I was purely making one of my own which happened to be opened by your reference to Stanton - the comment was meant as a barb of any sort as it was in general terms !!!

2 hours ago, busbyfth said:

Didnt miss any point - I was purely making one of my own which happened to be opened by your reference to Stanton - the comment was meant as a barb of any sort as it was in general terms !!!

Sorry, my mistake.

I read your post again and now see what you were saying.

2 hours ago, Mahroon said:

I cannae lighten up with that thought. It makes we want to stab my ears hearing it 

The only thought I have about Ryan Porteous is that he’s a leithy, Hibs , cee u next Tuesday.

11 hours ago, Morgan said:

You've lost me on this one, Moggers.

Why, should he not use Joe Harper (is a barrel of shit) as his username?

He posted in the past that he was his favourite player (I quizzed him on it).

At least he is open about being a Hibby.

Why he wants to post on as a Hibby is debatable, but he never come across as confrontational.

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

It certainly is.  👍

Sorry.

My apologies Morgan I should have realised that nobody in their right mind would equate Porteous with Stanton. 

7 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

My apologies Morgan I should have realised that nobody in their right mind would equate Porteous with Stanton. 

No apology required, Jimbo.

Think nothing more of it, it was partly my mistake for misinterpreting Busby's post.

👍

9 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

You've lost me on this one, Moggers.

Why, should he not use Joe Harper (is a barrel of shit) as his username?

He posted in the past that he was his favourite player (I quizzed him on it).

At least he is open about being a Hibby.

Why he wants to post on as a Hibby is debatable, but he never come across as confrontational.

Och, I didn’t realise he’d been on before and had confessed to coming from the dark side.  🙄

Perhaps I was a wee bit nippy yesterday morning, Tommy.

Typing with a clearer head today.  :biggrin:

22 hours ago, Morgan said:

I din't say I loved him now, did I. Joe was always a fav of mine for some reason. No one can argue PS was a great player.

58 minutes ago, JoeHarper said:

I din't say I loved him now, did I. Joe was always a fav of mine for some reason. No one can argue PS was a great player.

Fair enough, Joe.  👍

I've been told so many times by so many people that Porteous is a player.  Or "there's a player in there" type shite.

Nope.  Don't see it.  He puffs his chest out when he's got the ball and if he manages to not give it away, his 60yard pass comes off it looks good.  But he's no Koeman is he!  Every single game I've seen him play he's selt the jerseys.  His usual is leaving his post at the slightest movement - it's so easy to pull him out of his position it's unreal.  But you also see him give the ball away in his own third, make silly fouls, he gets turned very easily, he often rushes in when he should just hold ground.  He's also a constant red card waiting to happen.  Genuinely lost count of how many times the guy should have been sent off against us.  Seems to get away with murder, despite his and Hibs victim narrative.

None of this adds up to a reliable CH.  Especially when all you hear on the other side of the coin is he's aggressive and a good passer.

Look at oor own Toby, difficult times, a lot to iron out.  The boy has obviously got the professionalism, intelligence and ability to work on what he needs to and the minerals to come through it.

I wouldn't swap a single one of our CHs with Porteous.  Not one.

He's utter pony.  Even that AMAZINGLY STUPENDOUS game he had for Scotland.  Hendry carried him.  He sold the jerseys for them to miss a sitter, not even in his own box for a cross, despite a passage of play that was hardly breakneck speed.

He's pish.

Not anti-hibs this.  The boy is just pish.  Someone like Doig, go on lad, go do well, seems a switched on kid who is doing well.  Porteous has made a name basically from being a cheating dick.  I hope it goes terribly for him.

As for Scotland - Joe Harper there saying we should want him to do well for Scotland's sake!!! haha.  I'll pass.  Let's have professionals play for our nation please.  Lets get Halks fit, Hendry has done well, McKenna making a good fist of it at Forrest and there are others.  He's miles off.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

I've been told so many times by so many people that Porteous is a player.  Or "there's a player in there" type shite.

Nope.  Don't see it.  He puffs his chest out when he's got the ball and if he manages to not give it away, his 60yard pass comes off it looks good.  But he's no Koeman is he!  Every single game I've seen him play he's selt the jerseys.  His usual is leaving his post at the slightest movement - it's so easy to pull him out of his position it's unreal.  But you also see him give the ball away in his own third, make silly fouls, he gets turned very easily, he often rushes in when he should just hold ground.  He's also a constant red card waiting to happen.  Genuinely lost count of how many times the guy should have been sent off against us.  Seems to get away with murder, despite his and Hibs victim narrative.

None of this adds up to a reliable CH.  Especially when all you hear on the other side of the coin is he's aggressive and a good passer.

Look at oor own Toby, difficult times, a lot to iron out.  The boy has obviously got the professionalism, intelligence and ability to work on what he needs to and the minerals to come through it.

He's utter pony.  Even that AMAZINGLY STUPENDOUS game he had for Scotland.  Hendry carried him.  He sold the jerseys for them to miss a sitter, not even in his own box for a cross, despite a passage of play that was hardly breakneck speed.

He's pish.

Not anti-hibs this.  The boy is just pish.  Someone like Doig, go on lad, go do well, seems a switched on kid who is doing well.  Porteous has made a name basically from being a cheating dick.  I hope it goes terribly for him.

As for Scotland - Joe Harper there saying we should want him to do well for Scotland's sake!!! haha.  I'll pass.  Let's have professionals play for our nation please.  Lets get Halks fit, Hendry has done well, McKenna making a good fist of it at Forrest and there are others.  He's miles off.

Close thread. 

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

He's pish.

Bang On Big O!

14 hours ago, Morgan said:

Sorry, my mistake.

I read your post again and now see what you were saying.

Good man (now where's that damned thumbs up emoji ?)

23 hours ago, TheBigO said:

He's pish.

Top post,  BO.

:clap: 

The boy is absolutely shite. It’s not a coincidence that Hibs form has vastly improved since he left.

Kudos to the OP though, for not even attempting to hide :clap:

Edited by iantjambo

• 3 months later...

In two minds about whether to share this.

But Ryan Porteous has gone straight back to Watford to join pre season training. Fair play. Maybe going to make something of himself. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

But Ryan Porteous has gone straight back to Watford to join pre season training. Fair play. Maybe going to make something of himself. 

What a guy. 😂

Watford’s season finished early in May so he’s probably already had a few weeks off before joining up with Scotland. More training might do him good anyway. Still hopeless

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Player goes back to join in pre season training…. What’s the big deal in this?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, theshed said:

Player goes back to join in pre season training…. What’s the big deal in this?

Maybe he didn't have to go back yet after the international break?