Ryan porteous

Scott Monument

Scott Monument

Ryan proteus having a good start in the championship scoring the winner for his club surely Steve Clark makes him first name on the team sheet for Scotland 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• JoeHarper

• Sooks

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WorldChampions1902

Porteous booked for hauling down McBurnie and scores an OG to gift the 3 pts. At least he wasn’t feigning head injuries for 90 mins.

Culpable at 2 goals in the last derby. 

Hibs have improved since he left.

Will be sent off before the end of the season, dropped next season and back up the road after that.

Edited by Jonkel Hoon

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Will be sent off before the end of the season, dropped next season and back up the road after that.

Spot on

26 minutes ago, Scott Monument said:

Ryan proteus having a good start in the championship scoring the winner for his club surely Steve Clark makes him first name on the team sheet for Scotland 

Getting away from the amateurish surroundings meant he was bound to get a feel good bounce.

Plus he was bitter against Hibs for not paying a half decent wage.

30 minutes ago, Scott Monument said:

Subtle🤣

I watched him playing against millwall I think. 

He was brutal at one of the opposition goals. Was nearly on the 18 yard line whilst the scorer was on the 6 yard line. 

The boy’s shite. 

2 hours ago, Ked said:

Getting away from the amateurish surroundings meant he was bound to get a feel good bounce.

Plus he was bitter against Hibs for not paying a half decent wage.

Whoosh 

Is neditary hereditary?

That club just keeps producing them.

Even when they go elsewhere they just can't wait to get back and p155 their careers up against Oor Wullie's bucket in Lochend Park.

He'll be back losing Edinburgh derbies by this time next year...

...or sooner.

Edited by martoon

Porto is just the latest in a long line of exceptional footballers to spawn from Easter Road. They are incredibly unlucky that all of these fantastic artists didn't all come through at the same time. European domination would surely have awaited.

Sadly, Hibs are shite. And have been for basically my whole lifetime. Which spans five decades. How unlucky is that?

11 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Porto is just the latest in a long line of exceptional footballers to spawn from Easter Road. They are incredibly unlucky that all of these fantastic artists didn't all come through at the same time. European domination would surely have awaited.

Sadly, Hibs are shite. And have been for basically my whole lifetime. Which spans five decades. How unlucky is that?

Same, I can't remember the 70s or early 80s, so as far as I can recall Hibs have always been dafties, figures of ridicule, with only occasional blips spoiling things.

A_A wehatethehibs

Still find it funny that literally 1 training camp at Oriam made him realise the gulf in standard of professionalism and he made the correct decision to get the **** away from Hibs at the first opportunity. Those “a bit of a comedown” comments still crack me up absolutely shat on Hibs 🤣

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

10 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

If he can eradicate the silly play acting/diving and concentrate on his game he'll go on to have a great career at a high level in the game, there's no doubt about that imo. His debut for Scotland showed what he can do.

7 hours ago, martoon said:

Is neditary hereditary?

That club just keeps producing them.

Even when they go elsewhere they just can't wait to get back and p155 their careers up against Oor Wullie's bucket in Lochend Park.

He'll be back losing Edinburgh derbies by this time next year...

...or sooner.

It is funny . What they tend to do is use the unfathomable hype momentum that their bang average players receive from the media up here to seal a move for life changing amounts of money and then stink the place out before returning to Hibs richer and in a position to stink Hibs out again and not worry about the wages 

5 minutes ago, JoeHarper said:

If he can eradicate the silly play acting/diving and concentrate on his game he'll go on to have a great career at a high level in the game, there's no doubt about that imo. His debut for Scotland showed what he can do.

Like Riordan and OConnor ? Or may be he will just resort to type and **** it all up big time like they did 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Like Riordan and OConnor ? Or may be he will just resort to type and **** it all up big time like they did 

He could easily go the way of those 2, I genuinely hope not but time will tell.

1 minute ago, JoeHarper said:

Why do so many players go that way from Hibs ? In your opinion I mean 

2 minutes ago, JoeHarper said:

The beer tumbler throwing convicted thug, wreath stealer, and serial face-holding cheating diver already has.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Why do so many players go that way from Hibs ? In your opinion I mean 

You could add Cummings to that list but he's one of your own, who knows. 

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

The beer tumbler throwing convicted thug, wreath stealer, and serial face-holding cheating diver already has.

Plastic cup wee bit different from a tumbler. Hopefully learnt his lesson and is now away from home so should help. As I've said, time will tell.

Just now, JoeHarper said:

You could add Cummings to that list but he's one of your own, who knows. 

It isnt just the Hibs supporters that came through your ranks though , it seems to happen to some players with no previous allegiance to Hibs too like Ole Gottskalsson or as you said Jason Cummings , although the latter seems to have sorted his life out a bit now , so the Jambo in him seems to be slaying his Hibs Gollum influence at last 

Just now, JoeHarper said:

Plastic cup wee bit different from a tumbler. Hopefully learnt his lesson and is now away from home so should help. As I've said, time will tell.

Oh, that's OK then?

Just now, Sooks said:

It isnt just the Hibs supporters that came through your ranks though , it seems to happen to some players with no previous allegiance to Hibs too like Ole Gottskalsson or as you said Jason Cummings , although the latter seems to have sorted his life out a bit now , so the Jambo in him seems to be slaying his Hibs Gollum influence at last 

I'm sure every club has them. Ross Caldwell is another.

9 minutes ago, JoeHarper said:

I'm sure every club has them. Ross Caldwell is another.

Every club does but the sheer number associated with Hibs can not be a coincidence surely 

Stokes

Riordan

OConnor

Griffiths

Caldwell

Gottskalsson

McGinlay

Stack

Fletcher

Bartley

Killen

Lennon

Collins

That is just off the top of my head just now 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Every club does but the sheer number associated with Hibs can not be a coincidence surely 

Stokes

Riordan

OConnor

Griffiths

Caldwell

Gottskalsson

McGinlay

Stack

Fletcher

Bartley

Killen

Lennon

Collins

That is just off the top of my head just now 

Quite the list you came up with there.

25 minutes ago, JoeHarper said:

I never said it was ok, just pointing out your error. 

Pointing out my error? Aye?

I made no error and stated no construction.

It was a tumbler, albeit plastic.

You are, for some weird reason, pointedly mitigating his thuggish behaviour by erroneously citing 'plastic cup'.

Nice try, though.

But, you are free to continue your love-in for the miscreant who had one half-decent game for Scotland amongst his disastrous and embarrassing performances for H1b5, especially those versus Hearts.

Not that I take the Daily Ranger at face value, but:-

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-star-ryan-porteous-guilty-27261569

Hibs star Ryan Porteous guilty of throwing tumbler in pub which cut woman's head

The 23-year-old defender appeared at Edinburgh Sheriff Court and admitted leaving woman injured in Midlothian pub.

Ryan Porteous had been drinking with pals when incident occurred.

Hibs star Ryan Porteous has been convicted of throwing a plastic tumbler in a pub which caused a cut to a woman’s head.

The 23-year-old defender appeared at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Friday and pled guilty to the charge.

The player admitted culpably and recklessly throwing the tumbler which struck Siobhan Brett to her injury.

The incident took place outside Woodburn Miners Club in Dalkeith, Midlothian, on February 20 this year.

Sheriff Edward Gilroy fined Porteous £320 and ordered him to pay Siobhan £200 in compensation.

We told previously how Porteous was part of a group later that night who stole a woman’s tribute to her mum who died from dementia.

The defender was caught on camera as a man entered a garden to take the homemade wreath not far from the miner’s club.

On Friday the court heard Porteous had thrown the plastic tumbler which hit the victim on the head causing a small cut.

Defence agent Mark Harrower said his client had not acted deliberately to strike Siobhan.

Porteous had been banned from entering Woodburn Miners Club as part of his bail conditions.

Porteous made his debut for the Easter Road first team during the 2017/2018 season and earned a first call-up for Scotland’s senior squad in 2019.

In February we told how the wreath was stolen in the early hours of a Sunday morning after Porteous and pals drank in the miners’ club.

The devastated homeowner managed to trace the memorial after she used social media and published a security camera image of Porteous and his pals.

Porteous was part of group who stole a woman’s tribute wreath.

A local contacted the woman and identified the Easter Road idol. She was also told the wreath had been dumped outside a nearby Aldi. She found it damaged and her mum’s brooch, which was placed in the centre, was missing.

It is understood the culprit asked to call the woman to apologise after she contacted Porteous on Facebook.

Porteous had earlier played in Hibs’ 2-0 victory over Ross County at Easter Road.

He then headed to Dalkeith Miners Club, which is known locally as the Woodburn Club, with friends. The central defender was identified as being part of a group of men seen outside the woman’s home after she posted an image on Facebook.

She wrote: “Who is this person? He thought it OK to come into my garden ... early this morning and steal my wreath. I want it back or I’m going to report you.”

She then edited the post to say the it had been returned.

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Pointing out my error? Aye?

I made no error and stated no construction.

It was a tumbler, albeit plastic.

You are, for some weird reason, pointedly mitigating his thuggish behaviour by erroneously citing 'plastic cup'.

Nice try, though.

But, you are free to continue your love-in for the miscreant who had one half-decent game for Scotland amongst his disastrous and embarrassing performances for H1b5, especially those versus Hearts.

Not that I take the Daily Ranger at face value, but:-

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-star-ryan-porteous-guilty-27261569

Hibs star Ryan Porteous guilty of throwing tumbler in pub which cut woman's head

The 23-year-old defender appeared at Edinburgh Sheriff Court and admitted leaving woman injured in Midlothian pub.

Ryan Porteous had been drinking with pals when incident occurred.

Hibs star Ryan Porteous has been convicted of throwing a plastic tumbler in a pub which caused a cut to a woman’s head.

The 23-year-old defender appeared at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Friday and pled guilty to the charge.

The player admitted culpably and recklessly throwing the tumbler which struck Siobhan Brett to her injury.

The incident took place outside Woodburn Miners Club in Dalkeith, Midlothian, on February 20 this year.

Sheriff Edward Gilroy fined Porteous £320 and ordered him to pay Siobhan £200 in compensation.

We told previously how Porteous was part of a group later that night who stole a woman’s tribute to her mum who died from dementia.

The defender was caught on camera as a man entered a garden to take the homemade wreath not far from the miner’s club.

On Friday the court heard Porteous had thrown the plastic tumbler which hit the victim on the head causing a small cut.

Defence agent Mark Harrower said his client had not acted deliberately to strike Siobhan.

Porteous had been banned from entering Woodburn Miners Club as part of his bail conditions.

Porteous made his debut for the Easter Road first team during the 2017/2018 season and earned a first call-up for Scotland’s senior squad in 2019.

In February we told how the wreath was stolen in the early hours of a Sunday morning after Porteous and pals drank in the miners’ club.

The devastated homeowner managed to trace the memorial after she used social media and published a security camera image of Porteous and his pals.

Porteous was part of group who stole a woman’s tribute wreath.

A local contacted the woman and identified the Easter Road idol. She was also told the wreath had been dumped outside a nearby Aldi. She found it damaged and her mum’s brooch, which was placed in the centre, was missing.

It is understood the culprit asked to call the woman to apologise after she contacted Porteous on Facebook.

Porteous had earlier played in Hibs’ 2-0 victory over Ross County at Easter Road.

He then headed to Dalkeith Miners Club, which is known locally as the Woodburn Club, with friends. The central defender was identified as being part of a group of men seen outside the woman’s home after she posted an image on Facebook.

She wrote: “Who is this person? He thought it OK to come into my garden ... early this morning and steal my wreath. I want it back or I’m going to report you.”

She then edited the post to say the it had been returned.

I'm not having a love in with him, I just think he's a vg player and has a future if he screws the nut. I couldn't give a monkeys if he does or he doesn't but it can only benefit the national team if he does.

As for the DR article? I hope the headlines didn't con you into buying that rag.

51 minutes ago, JoeHarper said:

I never said it was ok, just pointing out your error. 

Good gracious, Joe.  Or is it Kenny?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Aren't you the feisty one?

59 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is funny . What they tend to do is use the unfathomable hype momentum that their bang average players receive from the media up here to seal a move for life changing amounts of money and then stink the place out before returning to Hibs richer and in a position to stink Hibs out again and not worry about the wages 

There's been a few who've had genuine quality but they just couldn't stop being Hibs. 

No matter how far away they've gone, how lucrative the contract they've signed, their Hibs bawbaggery can't be contained.

They must get "back hame, wi' their ain and be their true sel's".

The police are almost always a part of their story.

2 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Good thing someone started a thread about a former Hibs player, because we don't talk about them nearly enough as it is.

Tbf the thread is obviously a product of a hibs multi account holder

3 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Good thing someone started a thread about a former Hibs player, because we don't talk about them nearly enough as it is.

Former, current or be back shortly, Hibs players do tend to make the headlines.

A lot.

And rarely in a good way.

17 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Good gracious, Joe.  Or is it Kenny?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Aren't you the feisty one?

King Kenny, now if every player modelled their career on that man we'd be world beaters.

1 hour ago, JoeHarper said:

No doubt? There is plenty of it.