11 year old Kaitlyn Easson missing in Galashiels - found safe and well

Ministryofdad

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

You have to regard that as a type of euphemism in a generation who grew up being slapped and belted by teachers and cops too, I was slapped by a cop as a 17 year old in a police office.

Needing a good slap was a common everyday term. I don't have any kids but if I did, if I were the father of this girl say, no I wouldn't be slapping her. 

But that aside, in general child raising, I feel there's a detrimental for want of a better term over coddling in many ways. And again, you can take this from a non parent view. I see people treating kids like toddlers almost long after they're not toddlers anymore.

They will let them do pretty much anything they want without even raising their voice or changing the tone, from an almost pleading tone. Acting up throwing tantrums etc. they try to plead with them to stop.

Now I don't know about you, but if I had been raised like that I would have been a nightmare beyond belief, and i'm pretty confident a goodly number of those I grew up with would have been the same.

And the thing is most of that generation grew up to be non violent, so what's driving the current knife and ned culture which didn't exist to the degree it became after I and others were growing up in that environment. It began with the following generation. Now there were violent neighbourhoods/ scemes, But not the more widespread general neddery I saw later.

Now there can be multiple factors in that too I suppose, TV and cinema are massively different while computer games didn't exit beyond maybe pong. I believe TV and film can feed violence into a society and I didn't always believe that even when Mary Whitehouse was telling me it would happen. I was wrong, she was right.

And the internet in general can most certainly feed all manner of mischievous and malevolent behaviour on a daily basis, I was a witness to what at the time was described by the British press as the worlds first internet rage attack.

One guy in a chatroom I frequented tracked down another guy he had been feuding with for months, knocked on his door, when he opened it he was attacked with I think it was a baseball bat and maybe a machete, the attacker brought a mate. That was in London or the outskirts. 

A good posting but I’ll pick up on some points later as I’m busy just now . 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• hughesie27

• JFK-1

• Ministryofdad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't get your meaning, this is the story of the guy i'm talking about. And yeah he was a nutter who made open threats in the chatroom over a matter of weeks saying he was going to do this guy. And he did.  Doubt Seth Myers has heard if though, nor have you. 😉

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/6059726.stm

If you have a healthy mixture of 3 of those parenting styles it may work with children . The article is worth a read too . However the authoritative parenting style is the best 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/29/child-psychologist-explains-4-types-of-parenting-and-how-to-tell-which-is-right-for-you.html

1E216183-7EF2-43C5-A7C2-B86873E0F2AA.jpeg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

2 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Spot on.

Might look the old cat-o-nine-tails out from the loft in case I need to remind the boys how much they mean to me.

Why is it in the loft ? I keep mine under my bed ! 

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't get your meaning, this is the story of the guy i'm talking about. And yeah he was a nutter who made open threats in the chatroom over a matter of weeks saying he was going to do this guy. And he did.  Doubt Seth Myers has heard if though, nor have you. 😉

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/6059726.stm

Dear lord / it’s scary stuff . 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Chevy Chase said:

A local businessman from Melrose been arrested.

Won’t go into any further details re him.

Just hope to God that wee lassie hasn’t been abused.

His old shop (closed down a while ago) in Melrose, and his house in Gattonside, have both been cordoned off, and like you, no names mentioned, but let's just say I heard the news on the tranny. 

been here before
12 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Excellent news, a happy ending for a change.

Loads of folk go missing all the time and turn up safe and well, a happy ending all round.

For various reasons we dont hear about them. There are far more 'happy endings' than anything else.

Just had a wee butchers hook at the alleged guys FB page. Slightly melancholic.

A few other visitors to his page now leaving messages about recent events

Ministryofdad
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

In all seriousness, glad she's been found. You always think the worst when you see these stories materialise and it's nice to have one where the child is found and hopefully unharmed.

3 hours ago, Chevy Chase said:

A local businessman from Melrose been arrested.

Won’t go into any further details re him.

Just hope to God that wee lassie hasn’t been abused.

51 minutes ago, been here before said:

Loads of folk go missing all the time and turn up safe and well, a happy ending all round.

For various reasons we dont hear about them. There are far more 'happy endings' than anything else.

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

His old shop (closed down a while ago) in Melrose, and his house in Gattonside, have both been cordoned off, and like you, no names mentioned, but let's just say I heard the news on the tranny. 

Been confirmed it was him. 

Apperley known beast 

Was stealing knickers off washing lines.

The Old Tolbooth
17 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

Apperley known beast 

I'd heard the very same story, scumbag! 

2 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Just had a wee butchers hook at the alleged guys FB page. Slightly melancholic.

A few other visitors to his page now leaving messages about recent events

Is the word butcher significant?

I've seen suggestions that the person in question is trans.

The Old Tolbooth
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is the word butcher significant?

I've seen suggestions that the person in question is trans.

Correct on both counts 

3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Yip being from down that way also heard the same. Let's say he's know to the authorities as well for previous. These cretins need locked away never to see the light of day again. 

6 hours ago, superjack said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the name is known already. If I was in the police I would be tempted to let someone know on the fly.

My daughter and all of her pals were out looking for her from yesterday afternoon. They were all in tears when news got through to them that she was found.

Everyone down here knows who it is now, absolute staggering that this happened. For an area pretty low on crime it's been huge news in the town with hundreds out all night searching the town. Thankfully she is alive but no thanks to the person that had taken her, suspect this will traumatise the family forever. 

3 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

Apperley known beast 

That’s our lovely soft touch Scottish criminal justice system for you . 

2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Yip being from down that way also heard the same. Let's say he's know to the authorities as well for previous. These cretins need locked away never to see the light of day again. 

Indeed, when are they going to realise that they can't 'cure' these people.

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed, when are they going to realise that they can't 'cure' these people.

Unfortunately it’s one of those offending patterns which never seem to ease despite repeated interventions / initiatives from professionals etc . In summary a waste of time 

The Daily Record have named him.  

Police Scotland have confirmed that a 53-year-old man, named locally as Andrew Miller, has now been detained in connection. Enquiries into the incident remain ongoing, the force confirmed on Tuesday afternoon.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/man-arrested-over-disappearance-scots-29155138

9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Unfortunately it’s one of those offending patterns which never seem to ease despite repeated interventions / initiatives from professionals etc . In summary a waste of time 

Yip, for some/many of them it's a fecking game to them, to see how quick they can convince the 'professionals' that whatever programme they've been put on is working and that they're cured and realise what they've done is wrong and won't be a bad boy again........honest guv, when all along they are plotting how to avoid getting caught next time when they get out.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ok that's the name I've been seeing online, had a butcher's shop in Melrose with loads of bad reviews for being a dick with customers

Never bought anything from that one, we used to go the other butcher further along the street.

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yip, for some/many of them it's a fecking game to them, to see how quick they can convince the 'professionals' that whatever programme they've been put on is working and that they're cured and realise what they've done is wrong and won't be a bad boy again........honest guv, when all along they are plotting how to avoid getting caught next time when they get out.

Yea . More tight monitoring of them is needed . It is  relatively vigorous but it’s all about funding . It’s low on the Govt lost it seems . 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yea . More tight monitoring of them is needed . It is  relatively vigorous but it’s all about funding . It’s low on the Govt lost it seems . 

Has been for many a year unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Has been for many a year unfortunately.

Yep . 

Maiden Gorgie

Glad she has been found, lessons need to be learned from this. Well known to the authorities really isn't good enough - the **** shouldn't have been allowed on the streets if so. The trauma this family must have been going through since her disappearance and the affect it will have for years is a real slant on our 'justice system', it is a disgrace

Yeah "safe and well" isn't going to be accurate at all if a nonce had her overnight. She'll be traumatised for life.

55 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Never bought anything from that one, we used to go the other butcher further along the street.

same.  
the butchers in question got quite a bit of business from camp site which is close to it though. Closed temporarily for nearly a year (longer now tho)

Edited by 1971fozzy

Carl Fredrickson

I bought pies from his shop about 10 years ago. They were awful, far too salty and binned them. Never went back though I regularly visit Melrose. 

Hope the lass is ok and that he gets a long sentence. 

Apparently he's a trans?

Strange story. 

Very glad the kid is safe and well. I really hope she isnt too scarred from this. 

All I'm going to say in that I am VERY local to where the arrest has been made.

The individual is not a known "nonse" or sex offender or anything else. He/she has a degree of notoriety within the village. The individual has been living as a "woman" for the last few years, and anyone who has been into the shop would have seen that for themselves. "They" certainly had a sometimes brusque manner with customers but was pleasant enough to neighbours.  "They" closed the shop very suddenly almost a year ago with a notice in the window that it was for family reasons and would be closed for a year. Lots of speculation as to the reason. "they" (I believe 4) children from previous relationship(s).  He/she in under arrest and a forensic team was at the house.

This is all easily verifiable fact. Everything else is speculation.

Ministryofdad
1 minute ago, Greenbank2 said:

The individual is not a known "nonse" or sex offender or anything else. He/she has a degree of notoriety within the village. The individual has been living as a "woman" for the last few years, and anyone who has been into the shop would have seen that for themselves. "They" certainly had a sometimes brusque manner with customers but was pleasant enough to neighbours.  "They" closed the shop very suddenly almost a year ago with a notice in the window that it was for family reasons and would be closed for a year. Lots of speculation as to the reason. "they" (I believe 4) children from previous relationship(s).  He/she in under arrest and a forensic team was at the house.

Let's cut out the bs. 

Andrew Miller is a man. Can be called out for whatever. 

Just for clarification it is alleged he had abducted /kidnapped Kaitlyn refused bail and remanded. 

Hopefully to never see the light of day. 

With the current Scottish political climate turned right up for nerf and the alphabet people to be accepted who knows what will happen. 

That is in itself abhorrent. 

6 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

Let's cut out the bs. 

Just for clarification it is alleged he had abducted /kidnapped Kaitlyn refused bail and remanded. 

With the current Scottish political climate turned right up for nerf and the alphabet people to be accepted who knows what will happen. 

Edited by Dawnrazor

20 minutes ago, Greenbank2 said:

Let’s see how the media and NS deal with this case then . Miss Sturgeon will need to be mindful of this persons pronouns . Sadly that’ll be considered  more of a crime by a certain section of society . Sadly . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

39 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Apparently he's a trans?

Strange story. 

Very glad the kid is safe and well. I really hope she isnt too scarred from this. 

So which jail will he be going to?

Doctor FinnBarr
25 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

So which jail will he be going to?

Corntinvale if the SNP/Greens have their way.

Tynecastle_Park
1 hour ago, Greenbank2 said:

Does the individual use the name "Amy"?

Edited by Tynecastle_Park

10 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Corntinvale if the SNP/Greens have their way.

Another almighty headache for NS and her motley crew . I swear if any of Rheims refer to this person with specific pro nouns I think the country will erupt ! 

Fxxx the SPFL
8 minutes ago, Tynecastle_Park said:

Does the individual use the name "Amy"?

Surname George according to my mate in Gala

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Why is he a crossdresser and not trans? Is it less politically damaging to put a cross dressing man in a male prison rather than a trans women in a mans prison?

Carl Fredrickson
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I saw that FB/Twitter post earlier where he claims to have been a butcher for 50 years. The man arrested was 53 - he must have started butchering very young,

1 hour ago, Ministryofdad said:

Let's cut out the bs. 

Don't know what the allegations are. Police on site this morning would only say "it's an ongoing investigation". Don't know if he's been charged yet.

if he's done wrong, then he he deserves what's coming.

10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Why is he a crossdresser and not trans? Is it less politically damaging to put a cross dressing man in a male prison rather than a trans women in a mans prison?

IN the all embracing LBGTplus   a " cross dresser" is defined as being in the " trans" umbrella.  Watch the politicians try and spin it as a " cross dresser " and not " trans" .   Sorry cant have it both ways.  They are " trans" and anyone can look this up and confirm it.  

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Straight from " Stonewall" 

List of LGBTQ+ terms (stonewall.org.uk)

Trans

An umbrella term to describe people whose gender is not the same as, or does not sit comfortably with, the sex they were assigned at birth.

Trans people may describe themselves using one or more of a wide variety of terms, including (but not limited to) transgender, transsexual, gender-queer (GQ), gender-fluid, non-binary, gender-variant, crossdresser, genderless, agender, nongender, third gender, bi-gender, trans man, trans woman, trans masculine, trans feminine and neutrois.

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Doctor FinnBarr
35 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IN the all embracing LBGTplus   a " cross dresser" is defined as being in the " trans" umbrella.  Watch the politicians try and spin it as a " cross dresser " and not " trans" .   Sorry cant have it both ways.  They are " trans" and anyone can look this up and confirm it.  

If I wore frilly knickers and stockings and suspenders (I don't) what would that make me if I still want to play "hide the sausage" with the wife?

1 minute ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

If I wore frilly knickers and stockings and suspenders (I don't) what would that make me if I still want to play "hide the sausage" with the wife?

It appears so. 

• davemclaren locked this topic