11 year old Kaitlyn Easson missing in Galashiels - found safe and well

Ministryofdad

Ministryofdad

As a father to 3 young daughters this one hits home. 

Lassies just went missing about this time yesterday. 

All over news. 

Hope she is found safe and well

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• hughesie27

• JFK-1

• Ministryofdad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Ministryofdad said:

As a father to 3 young daughters this one hits home. 

Lassies just went missing about this time yesterday. 

All over news. 

Hope she is found safe and well

Aye I was just reading about this, fingers crossed

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Must be terrible for the family. Here's hoping she is found safe and well soon. 

100 percent.

Ministryofdad

Anyone here who works for scotrail or network rail?? Check trains storing at haymarket or portobello 

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

Anyone here who works for scotrail or network rail?? Check trains storing at haymarket or portobello 

Me and the wife travelled back from visiting kids/grandkids in Tweedbank 17.13 train on Sunday she was last seen heading out Langlee in Gala so if she got a train she would have had to either double back into Gala or carry on another mile to Tweedbank to get on hope she’s found safe and well 

8 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

I work for Scotrail. As Tweedbank trains are DMU trains the vast majority of them will be stabled at Haymarket.

All trains are checked for passengers before going to depots, that includes checking train toilets.

magic roundabout
7 minutes ago, superjack said:

Police just announced that she's been found now.

For a change nice to have some good news!!

Horatio Caine
Just now, JFK-1 said:

That's excellent news, but she needs a good slap for this if she's been hiding.

Not on JFK.  Against the law here now.  Needs to be driven to Berwick for the slap to be administered.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

A bit harsh, kids run away for a variety of reasons not always mischief. 

Ministryofdad

Omg when we found out I cried. We have been out looking since 10am. 

Im ****ing emotionally shattered. Night everyone 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

You will be knackered and cold. She was seemingly found at Gattonside 

31 minutes ago, superjack said:

Police just announced that she's been found now.

Great news. Hope she's ok.

• davemclaren changed the title to 11 year old Kaitlyn Easson missing in Galashiels - found safe and well
38 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

There could be countless reasons why she has disappeared . A slap to her wouldn’t be that helpful really . Often girls can run away from things happening the family home . 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

There could be countless reasons why she has disappeared . A slap to her wouldn’t be that helpful really . Often girls can run away from things happening the family home . 

Kids may be different from when I was growing up, a good slap was the only thing that would ever make me take heed. Hell even the school teachers were slapping the shit out of us. But at the end of the day even I knew I was asking for it.

Markymark1874
29 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

well done mate - good on you 👍

Placid Casual
2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Kids may be different from when I was growing up, a good slap was the only thing that would ever make me take heed. Hell even the school teachers were slapping the shit out of us. But at the end of the day even I knew I was asking for it.

And you turned out alright?

8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

With respect, this isnt whenever you grew up mate. 

Edited by Pap

37 minutes ago, Pap said:

With respect, this isnt whenever you grew up mate. 

It isn't, but unless evolution jumped a long way while I was growing up the kids are no different.

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Great news

Excellent news, a happy ending for a change.

jack D and coke

Great she’s been found. 
I lost my daughter at a gala day when she was wee and I swear I might’ve shot myself if something had happened to her. She was standing next to me then she wasn’t. 
That feeling in my gut when I couldn’t find her for half an hour. She was 5..
She’d spotted my dad and ran over to him. I didn’t even know he was there. 
Bloody hell. 

Konrad von Carstein
24 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Nothing better than a bit of physical violence to remind a child that they are loved.

Well said Jonesy, too much snowflakery when it comes to showing kids who's boss, err I mean that they are treasured precious gifts 🥰

Lost my daughter on a beach in Gran Canaria when she was about 4 longest 10 minutes of my life...and she disappeared at the end of the 4 nil semi because she "wanted to get Rudi's top" description to polis "she's blond 8 years old wearing a Hearts top" give that particular cop his due he was brand new. Daughter reappeared as magically as she disappeared, wee 💩

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I think violence isn’t the answer in dealing with children . It isn’t with adults so why would it be with a much more vulnerable group such as children ? 

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Where the hell does an 11 year old go hiding overnight in the middle of winter?

No doubt social services will find out . 

34 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Where the hell does an 11 year old go hiding overnight in the middle of winter?

Apparently someone has been arrested for taking her.

Just now, superjack said:

Ah. I haven't seen that reported anywhere.

il Duce McTarkin
10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Kids may be different from when I was growing up, a good slap was the only thing that would ever make me take heed. 

Might not be a bad idea nowadays too, tbh.

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Nothing better than a bit of physical violence to remind a child that they are loved.

42 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Well said Jonesy, too much snowflakery when it comes to showing kids who's boss, err I mean that they are treasured precious gifts 🥰

Spot on.

Might look the old cat-o-nine-tails out from the loft in case I need to remind the boys how much they mean to me.

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, superjack said:

A mate was working at St Leonard’s yesterday. The guy they arrested is in there apparently. 
He sent a voice note to the group chat I’m not sure if he said they caught him up in Edinburgh but he says the guy was naked when they went in. Little girl traumatised but unhurt. 
Whether anyone would know all this and share it not sure. 
Dirty beast. 

7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I think violence isn’t the answer in dealing with children . It isn’t with adults so why would it be with a much more vulnerable group such as children ? 

You have to regard that as a type of euphemism in a generation who grew up being slapped and belted by teachers and cops too, I was slapped by a cop as a 17 year old in a police office.

Needing a good slap was a common everyday term. I don't have any kids but if I did, if I were the father of this girl say, no I wouldn't be slapping her. 

But that aside, in general child raising, I feel there's a detrimental for want of a better term over coddling in many ways. And again, you can take this from a non parent view. I see people treating kids like toddlers almost long after they're not toddlers anymore.

They will let them do pretty much anything they want without even raising their voice or changing the tone, from an almost pleading tone. Acting up throwing tantrums etc. they try to plead with them to stop.

Now I don't know about you, but if I had been raised like that I would have been a nightmare beyond belief, and i'm pretty confident a goodly number of those I grew up with would have been the same.

And the thing is most of that generation grew up to be non violent, so what's driving the current knife and ned culture which didn't exist to the degree it became after I and others were growing up in that environment. It began with the following generation. Now there were violent neighbourhoods/ scemes, But not the more widespread general neddery I saw later.

Now there can be multiple factors in that too I suppose, TV and cinema are massively different while computer games didn't exit beyond maybe pong. I believe TV and film can feed violence into a society and I didn't always believe that even when Mary Whitehouse was telling me it would happen. I was wrong, she was right.

And the internet in general can most certainly feed all manner of mischievous and malevolent behaviour on a daily basis, I was a witness to what at the time was described by the British press as the worlds first internet rage attack.

One guy in a chatroom I frequented tracked down another guy he had been feuding with for months, knocked on his door, when he opened it he was attacked with I think it was a baseball bat and maybe a machete, the attacker brought a mate. That was in London or the outskirts. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

A mate was working at St Leonard’s yesterday. The guy they arrested is in there apparently. 
He sent a voice note to the group chat I’m not sure if he said they caught him up in Edinburgh but he says the guy was naked when they went in. Little girl traumatised but unhurt. 
Dirty beast. 

:( 

Ministryofdad
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Dirty beast. 

Cant touch them once in custody. They get separated and allowed to have a closed court. 

Hopefully someone names it. 

We were looking in the woods next to the hospital. 

Never wanted to have a 'chat' with someone more in my life. 

11 minutes ago, Ministryofdad said:

Cant touch them once in custody. They get separated and allowed to have a closed court. 

Hopefully someone names it. 

We were looking in the woods next to the hospital. 

Never wanted to have a 'chat' with someone more in my life. 

Wouldn't surprise me if the name is known already. If I was in the police I would be tempted to let someone know on the fly.

My daughter and all of her pals were out looking for her from yesterday afternoon. They were all in tears when news got through to them that she was found.

A local businessman from Melrose been arrested.

Won’t go into any further details re him.

Just hope to God that wee lassie hasn’t been abused.

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

That Seth Meyers Appreciation Group had some real headcases, eh?

I don't get your meaning, this is the story of the guy i'm talking about. And yeah he was a nutter who made open threats in the chatroom over a matter of weeks saying he was going to do this guy. And he did.  Doubt Seth Myers has heard if though, nor have you. 😉

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/6059726.stm

• davemclaren locked this topic