*** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan

Selkirkhmfc1874

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Try reading it again. My post was to counter a post that was accusing someone of an inappropriate post because he used the words 'Tora, tora, tora'  and that our new Japanese players would be upset by it. He aIso made out that it was comparable to showing swastikas to Peter Haring. I was pointing out that the word 'tora', itself, is innocent of any such connotations, it means tiger, and I doubt any Japanese person would be upset by the use of the word.

Sorry if you found my post unacceptable but it was made to counter what I saw as an unjustified accusation against another poster. If my explanation still leaves you thinking I'm somehow degrading our new players, or the Japanese in general, please explain what it is you find wrong with the use of the word 'Tora'.

I know your post was countering; just leave this stuff, mate, or it gets worse

This stuff is awful

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

His last 90 minutes was indeed in February though

I don't care; he should be up top on Saturday, what d'you reckon?

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Unknown user
Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I don't care; he shoud be up top on Saturday, what d'you reckon?

If he's ready I don't see why not

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Here's the whole season stats; you claimed Ferbruary / January Jimmy; you don't half post a lot of assumptions, pal

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kyosuke-tagawa/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/469952/plus/1?saison=2022&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

He played in May; it's no wonder you get so much grief on here; we need fact-checked stuff mate 👍

I think you should read that link properly and more slowly and methodically  then read my post which said he hadn’t played 90 minutes since February which several sources, including yours, confirm

A mistake you’ll get away with. We all do it. Making the same one twice in 10 minutes and sending abuse along with it requires an apology. I’ll not wait up though.

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I don't care; he should be up top on Saturday, what d'you reckon?

-

You cared enough a minute ago ?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, weegie jambo said:

Totally culturally inappropriate. Why do folk think it's funny to dredge up old stereotypes. Makes me cringe. WW2 ended in 1945, let it go!

Please see my previous post where I explain (I hope reasonably clearly) that my post was intended to be the opposite of what you appear to have taken from it. It was in response to a post comparing the word 'Tora' to the use of swastikas. I was trying to counter that with an explanation of what the word means - tiger - and the poster, mistakenly in my opinion, took it to be somehow insulting to the Japanese. The reference to WW2 was to counter the swastikas reference to show that there was no comparison, nothing more.

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Smithee said:

If he's ready I don't see why not

We'll leave it to Naisy and the gang

He either starts him or Starts Forrest; he's in a better position to judge; I'd love it if Forrest starts and bags a brace or better, but the coaching staff are trusted to predict this likelihood 👍

AllyjamboDerbyshire
6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I know your post was countering; just leave this stuff, mate, or it gets worse

This stuff is awful

Fair enough, I just hope you accept that it was not intended to be in any way derogatory towards our new players or their country.

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think you should read that link properly and more slowly and methodically  then read my post which said he hadn’t played 90 minutes since February which several sources, including yours, confirm

A mistake you’ll get away with. We all do it. Making the same one twice in 10 minutes and sending abuse along with it requires an apology. I’ll not wait up though.

There's no abuse Jimmy, that's all in your mind, pal; the 90 minutes doesn't bother me; the minutes do

That team were gash; the situation was typical, that Tagawa was the only one that would dig them out of a hole, but, as is typical of a small-minded team, they barely played the 'loan player', despite the fact he scored against all the big teams barring Benfica

I don't abuse posters who make civilsed posts, Jimmy; you should know that

All aside, start him up top on Saturday, or not?

20 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Here's the whole season stats; you claimed Ferbruary / January Jimmy; you don't half post a lot of assumptions, pal

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kyosuke-tagawa/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/469952/plus/1?saison=2022&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

He played in May; it's no wonder you get so much grief on here; we need fact-checked stuff mate 👍

You are having a bit of a mare here 

11 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

There's no abuse Jimmy, that's all in your mind, pal; the 90 minutes doesn't bother me; the minutes do

That team were gash; the situation was typical, that Tagawa was the only one that would dig them out of a hole, but, as is typical of a small-minded team, they barely played the 'loan player', despite the fact he scored against all the big teams barring Benfica

I don't abuse posters who make civilsed posts, Jimmy; you should know that

All aside, start him up top on Saturday, or not?

So you now agree he hasn’t played 90 minutes since February and my post stating that was factual, despite you insisting twice, the second time in somewhat insulting manner that it wasn’t factual

If you’re not man enough to put your hands up and admit you were wrong then fine, I’ll survive.

Starting him Saturday ? If Forrest is the other choice then yes I would, however I think he’ll start Boyce and tailor the system a bit to suit Boyce and Shanks.

Boyce can’t do 90 minutes these days so we’ll see Tagawa for the last half hour I reckon

Edited by JimmyCant

weegie jambo
13 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Please see my previous post where I explain (I hope reasonably clearly) that my post was intended to be the opposite of what you appear to have taken from it. It was in response to a post comparing the word 'Tora' to the use of swastikas. I was trying to counter that with an explanation of what the word means - tiger - and the poster, mistakenly in my opinion, took it to be somehow insulting to the Japanese. The reference to WW2 was to counter the swastikas reference to show that there was no comparison, nothing more.

I can see what you were trying to do, however it is still unacceptable and somewhat degrading to our Japanese players. It still has connotations of WW2, Kamikaze pilots and sad cultural stereotypes.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

So you now agree he hasn’t played 90 minutes since February and my post stating that was factual, despite you insisting twice, the second time in somewhat insulting manner that it wasn’t factual

If you’re not man enough to put your hands up and admit you were wrong then fine, I’ll survive.

Starting him Saturday ? If Forrest is the other choice then yes I would, however I think he’ll start Boyce and tailor the system a bit to suit Boyce and Shanks.

He will probs start. Oda wasn't great in his first start so it may or may not pay off. Sometimes these things take time and hopefully we all give him that time to settle.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Fair enough, I just hope you accept that it was not intended to be in any way derogatory towards our new players or their country.

No, but you know this place; if it's not deliberate stuff by hibby infiltrators, then it may as well be

Whoever is making those horrendously bad photoshop pictures, just stop it; they're absolutely garbage patter

It's really hard to believe that some Hearts fans are just clever enough to voice an opinion and drag all these equality and discrimination topics into a transfer, or whatever, thread

It's exactly what a 'clever' hibby would do to kick off a chain reaction and it's brutally predictable

I blame the succes of this forum, it seems sometimes there's 28,000 Hearts fans and 5,000 hibbys :rofl:

2 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

I can see what you were trying to do, however it is still unacceptable and somewhat degrading to our Japanese players. It still has connotations of WW2, Kamikaze pilots and sad cultural stereotypes.

I agree.

We need to cleanse Scotland of Jimmy hats.

They boil my piss.

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yes, I saw that you posted 90 mins, Jimmy, so what?

Not like he's unfit, though

I don't think he'll start Boyce, or grant, if the 2 new guys are available

Or if only 1 is available, Tagawa

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, weegie jambo said:

Totally culturally inappropriate. Why do folk think it's funny to dredge up old stereotypes. Makes me cringe. WW2 ended in 1945, let it go!

Too many people clinging to that period of history tbh. 

weegie jambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I'll wager there's no Jambo living who remembers that period of time either. A terrible event in history that should be left there!

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, ColinSmith1255 said:

I know what it means. I suspect Oda and Tagawa would be offended if they saw the original post.

Spot on 

Pasquale for King
Just now, weegie jambo said:

I'll wager there's no Jambo living who remembers that period of time either. A terrible event in history that should be left there!

Indeed 

Pasquale for King

I think Tagawa and Shankland will be a great pairing, looking forward to seeing both scoring loads this coming season.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think Tagawa and Shankland will be a great pairing, looking forward to seeing both scoring loads this coming season.

I would hope the words 'liquid football' are used to describe it in the near future :smuggy:

23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Think he was appointed just before the Jan 21 window. Off the top of my head and I’m sure you’ll correct me if I’m wrong, his early blanks included Kastaneer and Woodburn. Maybe Gnando was his as well. Probably a few more if you care to go through all the incomers since he was appointed

16 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

McEneff also in that first window, definitely a Savage signing 

To me, being an effective recruiter is about putting together a set-up which allows you to identify players from across the world who are suitable for filling a specific role, as defined by the manager. That takes time because it involves hiring the right people (scouts, analysts) and giving them the right tools (databases, scouting softwares, whatever).

It's not about having a transfer guru who has indexed all players in his head and is able to pull suitable options out of his arse at the drop of a hat, a couple of weeks into the job. Suitable options who are also willing to come and play in the Scottish second tier during a pandemic but are also expected to be good enough for a team challenging for third in the division above.

So I've no doubt McEneff was scouted by Savage at Preston and was put forward because he roughly fitted the brief of what Neilson was looking for and would be an achievable target, but he wasn't recruited through the current process or under the current circumstances.

Basically what I'm saying is, I don't think our signings in Jan 21 remotely reflect on the effectiveness of our recruitment set-up as it is today.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a generational thing I reckon.Most folk under 50 or so are conditioned now to consider appropriate and non appropriate when it comes to stuff like this. A portion of the elder generation either don’t give a toss for modern attitudes or it just hasn’t penetrated their mindset yet. you wouldn’t find this shite in any other country in the civilised world apart from the US. You certainly wouldn’t find it in Japan that’s for sure. Sad, but it’ll die out soon.

Ricardo Quaresma
8 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

To me, being an effective recruiter is about putting together a set-up which allows you to identify players from across the world who are suitable for filling a specific role, as defined by the manager. That takes time because it involves hiring the right people (scouts, analysts) and giving them the right tools (databases, scouting softwares, whatever).

It's not about having a transfer guru who has indexed all players in his head and is able to pull suitable options out of his arse at the drop of a hat, a couple of weeks into the job. Suitable options who are also willing to come and play in the Scottish second tier during a pandemic but are also expected to be good enough for a team challenging for third in the division above.

So I've no doubt McEneff was scouted by Savage at Preston and was put forward because he roughly fitted the brief of what Neilson was looking for and would be an achievable target, but he wasn't recruited through the current process or under the current circumstances.

Basically what I'm saying is, I don't think our signings in Jan 21 remotely reflect on the effectiveness of our recruitment set-up as it is today.

What was the name of Burley's main man? Simon Hunt?

It's getting close to that standard now, plus that was remarkably close to the first game of that season; didn't work out too shabbily, did it?

Just glad we've secured Tagawa for Staturday, which is now technically tomorrow

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Typo

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I agree and I think we can excuse Savage some of the early failings because Neilson was weak at mid to long term squad building and Savage pretty much gave him what he said he wanted.

I don’t think there’s any doubt that recruitment this summer had to be A class from Savages point of view or he was going to be seriously under the microscope. As I said, the signs look better. The scattergun seems to have been put away and we’ve been very careful and methodical. The class of player coming in just has a different feel to it and if we get 3-4 good ones out of however many we end up signing or taking on loan (at least a couple more to come IMO) then that’s a decent window, considering we had a fairly good base to work from.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Hansel said:

He looks pretty damn great it has to be said. Works hard closing down and full of running. Composed and looks a decent finisher 

That's what I took from the video. An ability to force defenders to make mistakes and shoot on sight. Should be absolutely lethal in our league!

SaughtonJambo
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Oh for a modern day Velicka. One of the most under-rated players in last 60 years. Had we signed him today I’d be really excited. 

Seeing this post made me have a look at all of velicka’s hearts goals. He was some finisher, loved a goal in Glasgow as well. Bruno Aguiar assisted quite a few of the goals if only we could sign a player like him again 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I would hope the words 'liquid football' are used to describe it in the near future :smuggy:

Sounds good to me 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sounds good to me 

Meshino out of contract in January too :smuggy:

10 minutes ago, SaughtonJambo said:

Seeing this post made me have a look at all of velicka’s hearts goals. He was some finisher, loved a goal in Glasgow as well. Bruno Aguiar assisted quite a few of the goals if only we could sign a player like him again 

I don’t think we’re in a position to sign ready made players of that class anymore. If we’re going to have players of that class we’ll have to take them as raw material and develop them into shiny diamonds ourselves, which I think is what we’re trying to do with this latest activity 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I liked McEneff and he was definitely a Savage signing, much like Grant and Kio, Neilson looked like he would never give them a run in their best position, playing Mckay and Kuol in midfield instead. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Another that would’ve done better under Neilson never mind Naismith, was obviously never going to make it at Man City though. 

Ricardo Quaresma
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Another that would’ve done better under Neilson never mind Naismith, was obviously never going to make it at Man City though. 

Agree; absolutely determined bugger at SPFL level; shame that the situation here was not good

Unknown user

This is from transfermarkt.co.uk, it's a list of their recommended sources for rumours.

There are regional sources as well as international ones, good for keeping an eye on certain markets if we hear anything 👍 

NATIONAL SOURCES

BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/

Daily Mirror: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/

ESPN: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/site/6.html

Eurosport: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/

Sky Sports: http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

The Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football

The Independent: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/

The Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/

The Times: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/

REGIONAL SOURCES

Birmingham Mail: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/

Blackpool Gazette: http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football

Bournemouth Echo: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/

Derby Telegraph: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/football

Evening Times: http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport

Express & Star: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/

Fulham Chronicle: http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/

Huddersfield Examiner: http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/

Hull Daily Mail: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/football

Leicester Mercury: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/football

Liverpool Echo: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/

London Evening Standard: http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/

Manchester Evening News: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/

Newcastle Chronicle: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/

Nottingham Post: http://www.nottinghampost.com/football

South Wales Evening Post: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/football

Southern Daily Echo: http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/football/

Stoke Sentinel: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/football

Sunderland Echo: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football

The Argus: http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/

The Bolton News: http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/football/boltonsoccerheadlines/

The Journal: http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/

The Scotsman: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football

The Shields Gazette: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football

The Star: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football

This is South Wales: http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/football#axzz2ZGGyvK00

This is Staffordshire: http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/football#axzz2ddzJ8Y9V

Wales Online: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/

Yorkshire Post: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football

Yorkshire Evening Post: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football

FOREIGN SOURCES

A Bola (Portugal): http://www.abola.pt/

AS (Spain): http://as.com/
AS in English: http://as.com/diarioas/english.html

Championat (Russia): http://www.championat.com/

Corriere dello Sport (Italy): http://www.corrieredellosport.it/

ESPN (USA): http://espn.go.com/

Gianluca Di Marzio (Italy): http://gianlucadimarzio.com/
Gianluca Di Marzio in English: http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/

Globo Esporte (Brazil): http://globoesporte.globo.com/

L'Equipe (France): http://www.lequipe.fr/

Le Parisien (France): http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/actualite-sports

La Gazzetta dello Sport (Italy): http://www.gazzetta.it/
La Gazzetta dello Sport in English: http://english.gazzetta.it/

Kicker (Germany): http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/fussballstartseite.html

MARCA (Spain): http://www.marca.com/
MARCA in English: http://www.marca.com/en/

Mundo Deportivo (Spain): http://www.mundodeportivo.com/index.html

O Jogo (Portugal): http://www.ojogo.pt/

Sky Italia (Italy): http://sport.sky.it/sport/

SPORT (Spain): http://www.sport.es/es/

Sport1 (Germany): http://www.sport1.de/

Tuttosport (Italy): http://www.tuttosport.com/

Transfermarkt (Germany): http://www.transfermarkt.de/

Voetbal International (Netherlands): http://www.vi.nl/home.html

50 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Oooooffttt!! Bring him back!! I actually thought he was a really good player just unfortunately in a very poor hearts team. He would be a huge upgrade on Alan Forrest.

PhoenixHearts
7 hours ago, Shifty said:

:flagwave:Welcome to Tynecastle Tagawa!

Gorgie's new lightning attack? 🇯🇵

Screenshot_20230802-110714.png

So many things wrong with this 

PhoenixHearts
5 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

It means attack,attack,attack. Quite appropriate for a striker .

Are you ignoring the imperial rising sun flag on purpose?

Or even worse, the shocking overall craftsmanship. 

PhoenixHearts
5 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

In no way inappropriate, and not at all comparable with swastikas, though it was used as a command by the Japanese High Command at the start of Pearl Harbour. When you see what it actually means it is quite fitting in a football sense. 'Tiger, tiger, tiger!' Or, in the case of the attack on Pearl Harbour, an acronym for 'lightening strike', again, sounds good for a couple of attacking footballers who are reputed to be quick.

From Quora:

“Tora ” actually means “ Tiger” in Japanese; but it is believed that in this case “tora” was a contraction of the words “totsugeki raigeki,” which means “ lightning strike “

Pearl Harbour was a cowardly attack set in motion before declaring war, but the words Tora, Tora, Tora are in no way a reflection of that or of the even greater atrocities carried out as the war progressed.

While you're arguing semantics over "Tora" you seem to be completely oblivious to the background of the image.

The Imperial rising sun flag is considered deeply offensive in many Asian countries (Korea, China, Philippines and so on) and IS in fact comparable to a swastika by victims of imperial wartime Japan 👍

The tora part is irrelevant.

BackOfTheNet
5 hours ago, Tour22 said:

He will probs start. Oda wasn't great in his first start so it may or may not pay off. Sometimes these things take time and hopefully we all give him that time to settle.

Oda against Livingston made a great intelligent run but wasn’t able to be clinical and had one of those things where he should’ve bundled it into the net when it was easier to score than not but didn’t. A bit of rust, so it has proved. He likely would’ve come out swinging in the second half, but instead our manager at the time showed incredible poor man management by hooking him at half time.

Tagawa is further along in his development than Oda was when he arrived . They both might have had adjustments to make to a new culture ,  but Tagawa is a couple of years older , has played abroad and has been in the full international team . We should be patient with all new recruits though for sure 

All of that said , he looks like a real player to me 

Horatio Caine

Interesting that as far as I can see, our new arrival has been completely ignored by BBC Glasgow. No mention yesterday evening on telly nothing on the website. 

Meanwhile an OF target farts and they all cream themselves.

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Interesting that as far as I can see, our new arrival has been completely ignored by BBC Glasgow. No mention yesterday evening on telly nothing on the website. 

It’s like Sky Sports News yesterday. Showed Rodgers talking about the upcoming season, Beale talking about the upcoming season and the new VAR specific official talking about changes being brought in. Other teams left out completely. Think they’ve got a focus on the league today, but it’s laughable what attention our league gets. It’s never in a million years a UK broadcaster.

9 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I'm sure they'll give him a mention in the build up to the week we play them 

Exclusive "Tagawa Hearts stepping stone" 

Tagawa has revealed he watched Celtic games back in his homeland growing up" I always wanted to play for them, I want to join my fellow countrymen there"  

5 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Savages early signings were under completely different financial conditions 

That first window after promotion was exceptional. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan