To AFC Chat - here is how we are feeling tonight

Sooks

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Brilliant eh. Can’t string a decent sentence together on the wireless, already sacked as manager and not managed a side in donkeys years. 

Can't even make chips either 🥔

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martoon

• WheatfieldWarrior

• Ked

• JAYEL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think there's a back to McInnes option as well, but I can't see them going for that at the moment.

I did think of him but I’d reckon Martindale or Robinson would be front runners. Both doing better this season. Of anyone went for McInnes it would be hibs imo. 

Delusional support base. Refer to 80s success 99% of them never witnessed. 

Horrible crumbling stadium. Arguably the most deluded supporters in the country.

26 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Yep. They really are the only two options in Scotland. 

No idea about the lower leagues of England to be honest. Would a League One manager want to leave to go to Aberdeen?

Really does feel like its not a great time to be looking for a manager.

One of them said Moyes might be available soon.  He wasn't even joking either :rofl:

26 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What odds we'll see Badloss at Hibs next season?

I suppose he's about a Championship level manager, so must be in with a shout

WheatfieldWarrior
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I did think of him but I’d reckon Martindale or Robinson would be front runners. Both doing better this season. Of anyone went for McInnes it would be hibs imo. 

I think they'll burn though another few managers then go back to McInnes.  I think they would see themselves as above Martindale (though he is good enough).  I've a sneaky feeling that Robinson might not be interested in the Aberdeen job [ I think he'd prefer hearts or the OF] 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

They want Willie 'can't run a chip shop' Miller?  

Please make that happen.

Please make it so 🙏

I actually quite rate Goodwin but they are a shower of shite as a club. Very similar to the vermin. 

Nelly Terraces

Detestable barstewards. Their pain & tears give me strength.

AFC = a club in terminal decline on & off the park. Now just our bitches.

Absolutely loving it. HHGH Always.

Markymark1874
1 hour ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

If he ends up with some time on his hands he could maybe work on the pitch at Easter Road.

or Celtic Park for that matter… doesn’t look the best 

Markymark1874
16 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think they'll burn though another few managers then go back to McInnes.  I think they would see themselves as above Martindale (though he is good enough).  I've a sneaky feeling that Robinson might not be interested in the Aberdeen job [ I think he'd prefer hearts or the OF] 

Robinson preferring the Hearts gig is a bit like me preferring Julia Roberts to my wife …. dream on, it ain’t gonna happen 

The fact that ANY Aberdeen fan would suggest bringing Willie Miller back, even as an interim manager, tells you a lot about a great many Aberdeen supporters. They are stuck in the early 1980's and simply cannot accept that those days are over and they are never coming back. They are to be pitied really.

22 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Didn't Cormack basically sabotage McInnes though? ****ed his transfer window and set him up for failure? Pretty sure that bridge is well and truly shagged. It also didn't help that Aberdeen fans were quick to get the pitch forks either and call for his head - despite being one of the better managers in the clubs recent history. Come to think of it, there is a similarity of that on this forum with the Robbie hating thread. Luckily for us, it's a dwindling minority. 

McInnes will be at Hibs 100% if they sack Johnson, but I don't see that anytime soon either. Can Hibs afford a contract payout of another sacked manager? 

Edited by CosmicPanda

42 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Listening to Wullie on the radio after the game, he is broken, almost in tears. Preston was giving him it tight, marvelous!

My one regret about being at the match was not being able to hear that arsehole in meltdown.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Yep. They really are the only two options in Scotland. 

No idea about the lower leagues of England to be honest. Would a League One manager want to leave to go to Aberdeen?

Really does feel like its not a great time to be looking for a manager.

Some nobody from the MLS foisted on them next is my guess

WheatfieldWarrior
19 minutes ago, CosmicPanda said:

Didn't Cormack basically sabotage McInnes though? ****ed his transfer window and set him up for failure? Pretty sure that bridge is well and truly shagged. It also didn't help that Aberdeen fans were quick to get the pitch forks either and call for his head - despite being one of the better managers in the clubs recent history. Come to think of it, there is a similarity of that on this forum with the Robbie hating thread. Luckily for us, it's a dwindling minority. 

McInnes will be at Hibs 100% if they sack Johnson, but I don't see that anytime soon either. Can Hibs afford a contract payout of another sacked manager? 

I think it's their best move, but don't think they'll do it for a while yet.

WheatfieldWarrior
5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

And £100m to find for a new stadium 🤣🤣🤣😳

with 12,000 seats most likely ;) 

25 minutes ago, CosmicPanda said:

Added to that, can they afford the compensation payment to Killie to bring in McInnes?

That was some fantastic reading on their match thread. Some absolute spoon burners on that site!! Two  Dolly Abusers basically with their heads in the sand for the entire first half, blaming us for everything going wrong 🤣🤣🤣. First time I've read anything from there and the hatred for us is amazing. Where is that Cartman gif when you need it!!?? 

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

And £100m to find for a new stadium 🤣🤣🤣😳

Ooft.

Hopefully every Aberdonian will add the thought of their dungheap problem to Hearts 5-0 as they drift off tonight.

We're miles ahead of them. :jambobanana:

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

One of them said Moyes might be available soon.  He wasn't even joking either :rofl:

45 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Detestable barstewards. Their pain & tears give me strength.

AFC = a club in terminal decline on & off the park. Now just our bitches.

Absolutely loving it. HHGH Always.

9 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

That was some fantastic reading on their match thread. Some absolute spoon burners on that site!! Two  Dolly Abusers basically with their heads in the sand for the entire first half, blaming us for everything going wrong 🤣🤣🤣. First time I've read anything from there and the hatred for us is amazing. Where is that Cartman gif when you need it!!?? 

Why not just bring back Fergie 

:rofl: 

52 minutes ago, leginten said:

My one regret about being at the match was not being able to hear that arsehole in meltdown.

Yeah, especially as he has a great dislike for HMFC.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

They want Willie 'can't run a chip shop' Miller?  

Please make that happen.

This.....its incredible that anyones even putting the idea forward!

2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Ive seen the light.

Thats all im saying.

I’ve seen the shite more like 🐑

2 hours ago, Markymark1874 said:

Robinson preferring the Hearts gig is a bit like me preferring Julia Roberts to my wife …. dream on, it ain’t gonna happen 

Wasn’t there some story about him refusing to be short listed and go through the interview process when we were looking to replace Levein.(might have been Cathro) Did he not say(according to legend) either offer me the job or don’t. Something along those lines ?

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

with 12,000 seats most likely ;) 

There’s the rub. It must be an eye opener for Aberdeen board to come to Tynecastle Park and see our facilities and how advanced they are compared to theirs. Our facilities reek of income and turnover. Aberdeen have stood still in a crumbling stadium. They will struggle to build anything close to resembling our Stadium and have been living off the Alex Ferguson years and haven’t progressed since. They even still boast of finishing second to Celtic when We , Rangers and the Wee Team where out of the League. 

4 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Delusional support base. Refer to 80s success 99% of them never witnessed. 

Horrible crumbling stadium. Arguably the most deluded supporters in the country.

Exactly. 

They're pretty much exactly where they should be in the league.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Wasn’t there some story about him refusing to be short listed and go through the interview process when we were looking to replace Levein.(might have been Cathro) Did he not say(according to legend) either offer me the job or don’t. Something along those lines ?

That is correct, Jimmy 

5 hours ago, martoon said:

I know.

I thought the posters who replied were joking at first. 

3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This.....its incredible that anyones even putting the idea forward!

3 hours ago, Fraggle said:

I think the whole forum is a bit of a wind up to be honest.

The more sensible Aberdeen fans tend to post on Donstalk. Although they're all raging too.

https://www.donstalk.co.uk

This exchange on that sheep site really made me LOOOOL, I feel the same way about some posters on here sometimes. 

Admins: any chance we could introduce some kind of similar didlo system? 😄  

Screenshot_20230119-060516_Samsung Internet.jpg

Doctor FinnBarr
7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Goodwin on Beachgrove Gardening leave soon ?

Faas coo is at coo wandering alang Lang Stracht the nicht?

If they brought in Martindale, the first thing he would do, would be to try and bring in some big, physical and aggressive central defenders. Currently they have none.

They can’t be serious about Willie Miller as caretaker surely. It’d be like us getting Levein back in.

Martindale is a possible I suppose but you just wonder if he’s happy enough having a club like Livvy, with zero expectations, punching a bit above their weight, and dishing out the odd bloody nose to big teams. 

Edited by JimmyCant

The Apprentice
7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

That wouldn't surprise me. He's so far up himself it's unreal. Can't resist telling anyone listening how good a job he is doing with the budget he has and was exactly the same at Motherwell.

2 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Genuinely deluded 

Screenshot_20230119_063854_Samsung Internet.jpg

An economic boom for both the oil and hallucinogenic drug industries in Aberdeen it seems

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Robinson was definitely linked (via the papers) when levein left but there was another rumour that his behaviour at tynecastle when they scored put the board off. I’ll fess up I thought he would have ideal 

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Robinson was definitely linked (via the papers) when levein left but there was another rumour that his behaviour at tynecastle when they scored put the board off. I’ll fess up I thought he would have ideal 

Aye but give a lot of these guys the keys to a bigger club and they usually get found out. Goodwin another example. Martindale would be the same I think. There’s half a dozen doing reasonably okay with smaller clubs who would never manage the step up to the Hearts job.

Captain Lithuania
3 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Genuinely deluded 

Screenshot_20230119_063854_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah that is absolutely staggering. Snodgrass plays for any team in the league except Celtic. 

In fairness WM and dicky took it as well as they could.

Cl and AP in particular had a field day, even managed a chip shop remark!

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye but give a lot of these guys the keys to a bigger club and they usually get found out. Goodwin another example. Martindale would be the same I think. There’s half a dozen doing reasonably okay with smaller clubs who would never manage the step up to the Hearts job.

I agree about martindale. I don’t think he works at another club as bigger egos.to deal with. He loves the setup there

3 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

This exchange on that sheep site really made me LOOOOL, I feel the same way about some posters on here sometimes. 

Admins: any chance we could introduce some kind of similar didlo system? 😄  

Screenshot_20230119-060516_Samsung Internet.jpg

"Retrospective dildi ":rofl: