Mafia - Return to Ankh-Morpork

The Hogfather

Just now, Ray Gin said:

I'm more inclined to think she's not been paying attention because that would be WAY too blatant of a move for a goon to make.

But it’s not WAY to blatant for me to make a move like that? 
I’ve been playing the game a lot longer than GOFS.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Stuart McNeill

• yvonnejambo

• Ray Gin

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

But it’s not WAY to blatant for me to make a move like that? 
I’ve been playing the game a lot longer than GOFS.

Like you say, you were trying it while there was still an element of doubt. To still be trying this morning would be madness for anyone who has been closely following what's going on.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Like you say, you were trying it while there was still an element of doubt. To still be trying this morning would be madness for anyone who has been closely following what's going on.

Yeah, that’s fair enough. I’m still not convinced though. It could be a goon saying “Oh sorry, I wasn’t paying attention”. I’ve seen every trick in the book played by goons :lol:

Tommy would be a much better vote at this stage than gofs (FYI I do not trust gofs but not convinced she is dodgy)

Edited by Seats

1 minute ago, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

I'm still not convinced marvin is good? but happy to go with it I guess lol

Who else would have been targeted by both the assassin and the goons last night given all the chat about him possibly being the cop?

He's still not necessarily the cop but we can rule him out as being either a goon or assassin. 

Good Old Fashioned Scandal

Somebody told the doc to protect marvin in chat, so it would be pretty dumb of the goons to go after him after that surely

2 minutes ago, Seats said:

Tommy would be a much better vote at this stage than gofs (FYI I do not trust gofs but not convinced she is dodgy)

He is another being stealthy with some questionable day 1 activity. 

Tommy and GOFS being added to my potentially dodgy list.

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Who else would have been targeted by both the assassin and the goons last night given all the chat about him possibly being the cop?

He's still not necessarily the cop but we can rule him out as being either a goon or assassin. 

The goons didn’t target him last night. They killed Dandy.

What are we thinking on Prince Buaben's stealth approach? It makes me nervous but not sure how out of character or not this may be for him.

41 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

You’ve also left GOFS out of your suspicions even though she voted Marvin AFTER it became more apparent that he was good.

I’ve already conceded that I made myself look dodgy yesterday. 

37 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I'm more inclined to think she's not been paying attention because that would be WAY too blatant of a move for a goon to make.

That's where I'm at. Maybe if he survives the night investigate Ian next?

I'm going to vote for Prince. 

Don't like the lurking around. I think lurking would be a very goon thing to do. Try to keep a low profile since there's only 2 left. 

VOTE PRINCE

I also think Seats and Ian are are slightly dodgy however swaying more towards Seats as there's an element of what Ian has said above that's sensible and agreeable to me.

3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Don't like the lurking around. I think lurking would be a very goon thing to do. Try to keep a low profile since there's only 2 left. 

VOTE PRINCE

Now it's me not paying enough attention - I already voted Prince last night :lol:

I'm happy to think Tommy was being genuine when he said he was a good guy but certainly one to keep an eye on.

Tommy, Prince and Boof currently the lowest posters...

11 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

GOFS voting Marvin also sticks out but I'm inclined to think she is good and just had a brain fart.

The amount of times I get caught out not paying attention to the thread has cost me numerous times in the past.  So for now she's OK in my books  :lol:

22 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

I'm happy to think Tommy was being genuine when he said he was a good guy but certainly one to keep an eye on.

Really?

That's definitely unlike me.

Since Yvonne's after 'em

Goon list
Not me

Looking like not Marvin either but 🤷‍♂️

Everybody else, for now.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

That's where I'm at. Maybe if he survives the night investigate Ian next?

I think there are dodgier people than me out there. But if it gives piece of mind, I’m happy to be investigated.

43 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

What you basing it on RE: Tommy? He’s hardly said a peep.

Just now, iantjambo said:

I don't know. Just a guess at this stage.

I always think lurkers are goons and the three lurkiest are Tommy, Prince and Boof so let's see.

8 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

I don't know. Just a guess at this stage.

I always think lurkers are goons and the three lurkiest are Tommy, Prince and Boof so let's see.

Agreed, I’m always suspicious of lurkers.

@The Hogfather is anyone at risk of a mod-kill?

39 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

That's enough to get my spidey senses tingling.

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Meaning?

That Tommy goes on the dodgy list. Lurkers are hiding something imo.

Edited by Ray Gin

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

That Tommy goes on the dodgy list. Lurkers are hiding something imo.

I would say that at least one of the lurkers is a goon.

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Had 2 or 3 posts pleading my innocence last night.

I really am pulling names out of a hat, I really don't know what to post without it being completely misinterpreted.

:facepalm:

8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Had 2 or 3 posts pleading my innocence last night.

I really am pulling names out of a hat, I really don't know what to post without it being completely misinterpreted.

:facepalm:

Welcome to the world of JKB Mafia :lol:

Last game I was vocal to the max as a townie and got lynched for 'being a goon'.

This game I'm being - admittedly uncharacteristically - quieter as I'm super-busy at work just now and once more I'm being fingered as a goon. I think I'm an easy target for folk to pin dodginess upon sometimes but you just gotta roll with it. It's only supposed to be a bit of diversionary fun anyway.

1 minute ago, Boof said:

Welcome to the world of JKB Mafia :lol:

Last game I was vocal to the max as a townie and got lynched for 'being a goon'.

This game I'm being - admittedly uncharacteristically - quieter as I'm super-busy at work just now and once more I'm being fingered as a goon. I think I'm an easy target for folk to pin dodginess upon sometimes but you just gotta roll with it. It's only supposed to be a bit of diversionary fun anyway.

That's goon talk. 

Prince Buaben
3 hours ago, AndyNic said:

VOTE PRINCE

Nope. Had a lot on yesterday but I'm willing to take the hit but it gives the goons a free hit through the night 

With the goons down to 2 early on, I reckon tactically they'd decide between them for one to be really active and the other to be more reserved and go about their business quietly.

Both acting the same way would potentially shine the spot light on both of them, which would be disastrous for them.

15 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

Nope. Had a lot on yesterday but I'm willing to take the hit but it gives the goons a free hit through the night 

What are your theories at the moment?  

Who are you keeping an eye on? 

You've got some convincing to do and if you're a townie we really don't want to lose another one.

Edited by Ray Gin

Prince Buaben
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

What are your theories at the moment?  

Who are you keeping an eye on? 

You've got some convincing to do and if you're a townie we really don't want to lose another one.

I'll let you know in a wee bit when I go back through it and not understanding the the story doesn't help

3 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

I'll let you know in a wee bit when I go back through it and not understanding the the story doesn't help

👍

Prince Buaben

Suspicions based on what I've read. Tommy was quite suspicious with his day activity?

Andy is always vocal to push suspicion away from him.  Would have probably voted for Andy it i could have. His double vote on me for being quiet. Pushing a narrative maybe?

Has GOFS made a James Hunt of it and trying to get past folks suspicion with the not paying attention?

One of those 3 are goons!

The second goon is probably hiding in plain sight. Saying more than enough and potentially turning on there pal.

Ok I've reread the thread. Marvin is not a good guy and there's no way it was him saved last night by the doc. I feel like i get why people think he's good now but i'm not convinced.

dodgy list

Not Me

Marvin

Andy

Seats? 

Edited by Good Old Fashioned Scandal

Going by her posting today, GOFS is either a goon or assassin. Finding it very hard to believe that she’s town.

unvote Prince

Vote GOFS

Here's the thing. If i was a goon there's no way my team would be letting me post like this 😂 goons will be loving the attention on me and will definitely not be discouraging it