Mafia - Return to Ankh-Morpork

The Hogfather

Good setup Hogs. I told the other goons two days ago Ray was the cop. 

Goons were never going to win after

me and Wee Jambo were

taken out night one. It was a bit freakish losing two on night one but that’s the breaks. 

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Stuart McNeill

• yvonnejambo

• Ray Gin

38 minutes ago, Seats said:

Can't believe I saved myself from the assassin and the doc tried to save me the same night 🤣🤣

Drat  :lol:

12 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Good setup Hogs. I told the other goons two days ago Ray was the cop. 

Goons were never going to win after

me and Wee Jambo were

taken out night one. It was a bit freakish losing two on night one but that’s the breaks. 

You took a punt. Ffs 😂 

No offence m, but you and WJ were next to useless :lol:

Wee Jambo didn’t even comment on the goon pm.

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

You took a punt. Ffs 😂 

No offence m, but you and WJ were next to useless :lol:

Wee Jambo didn’t even comment on the goon pm.

That’s not true he jumped in on day three for one post. 😀The wee man would have been scunnered being knocked off by Clare. 

thehibsareintheirbeds

Enjoyed that despite my early demise! Cheers hogfather and well played goodies. Hopefully survive a bit longer in next one.

5 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

That’s not true he jumped in on day three for one post. 😀The wee man would have been scunnered being knocked off by Clare. 

Ach, **** it :gok:

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Marvin wasn't investigated :lol:

Know that now but you said you trusted him 😀 But I was out the game  and scunnered. Ian did all the hard work in the goon chat 

1 minute ago, Peakybunnet said:

Know that now but you said you trusted him 😀 But I was out the game  and scunnered. Ian did all the hard work in the goon chat 

I was just using him as my shield. It was in my interest to keep him in the game when he could have potentially been considered as the cop.

I didn't suss him out as a mason until day 3.

Masons would have been foolish to name Ian as a goon on day 2 after he was investigated. Especially as they were already 2 goons down. We wanted to make Ian think he wasn't investigated which clearly worked. We were just waiting until day 3 to see which way the voting went. Would have been game over if we didn't lose 2 masons on night 2!

I'll maybe get a chance to read the thread one of these days!

I signed up hoping to be a townie and bumped off in the first coupla days as I knew my schedule was gonna be nuts...so I wasn't intentionally being quiet (all that much :whistling:)

At least I consistently voted for the baddest of bad guys :lol:

Cheers for the game, Hoggy, but FFS - I wish I'd had time to get to grips with all the roles!

39 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Masons would have been foolish to name Ian as a goon on day 2 after he was investigated. Especially as they were already 2 goons down. We wanted to make Ian think he wasn't investigated which clearly worked. We were just waiting until day 3 to see which way the voting went. Would have been game over if we didn't lose 2 masons on night 2!

Yeah, that was a bit shit 😂

Tenaciousdandy
5 hours ago, The Hogfather said:

With the concession of Ian, the last of the goons is out.

Town win.

Yasss well done town

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

For a newbie still learning.

Do goons all know each other? I assume they do and have group chat.

And same with masons?

Yes 

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

For a newbie still learning.

Do goons all know each other? I assume they do and have group chat.

And same with masons?

You need to experience the game as part of a team. When you have some information it's even more confusing lol

24 minutes ago, Seats said:

You need to experience the game as part of a team. When you have some information it's even more confusing lol

You changed your vote from me and said something like "You better be" (a good guy)

I thought bloody cheek, your getting whacked  :lol:

You got bloody saved ☹️

Edited by Tommy Brown

15 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

You changed your vote from me and said something like "You better be" (a good guy)

You got bloody saved ☹️

🤣🤣 Good to know you are easily provoked for future games.

57 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

You got bloody saved ☹️

It's worth remembering that everyone (apart from me) is an outright fibber most of the time. Good-roled people don't want to reveal themselves to the goons and obviously the goons want to stay as unidentifiable as possible. I don't know how it would've spun out if we hadn't lost 2 goons on night 1 - perhaps I might've attracted some of the votes a bit earlier? I was slightly busier in the goon chat than on thread but could genuinely only give scant attention to the game thread, which, ultimately, was my downfall.

Trouble for me is, next time when I'll no doubt be a townie if I speak more I'll get accused of being a goon and if I don't speak more I'll get accused of being a goon :lol:

If you can manage to get yerself in a team - and bribes to the game moderator have never worked for me - you'll learn a whole lot more and see how other folk play the game. 

It's good to have some new faces aboard, though. Hope you'll continue with them. 

The 2nd one I played was the F1 game.

I went into spreadsheet mode and still fecked it up by seeing Stu as the goon, when it was Rudi.

Roll on the next one.