Mafia - Return to Ankh-Morpork

The Hogfather

The Hogfather

Welcome back to the Disc. Welcome back to the Big Wahoonie. Quite possibly the worst place in the known (and unknown) universe. A place so bad, a meteor strike would probably count as a form of gentrification. Within the confines of the city lies a group of individuals who can no longer stomach the sins of the city (or the sausages in a bun for that matter) and they seek to turn Ankh-Morpork back into a city the Disc can be proud of. But will they be successful?

Roles:

Masons:

Captain Carrot - Bulging with muscles, this 6ft + dwarf always remains courteous and polite. Despite the best efforts of everyone else in the city.

Corporal Nobby Nobbs - A man described as untidy and smelly. A human, however he does require a signed letter from the Patrician to prove it.

Sergeant Detritus - A troll who's interrogation technique rarely gets beyond "it was you what done it, own up".

The Cop:

Samuel Vimes - Well who else would it be? An old-school copper who can investigate one player per night and send the results of said investigation to the masons.

The Doc:

Igor - A member of a clan of Igors from Uberwald. Igor can choose one player per night to "save" and this player will be exempt from any night action that would result in their death.

The Assassin:

Death - An anthropomorphic personification who can choose 3 players to kill throughout the game. These kills can only be done as a night action and they will receive a bonus 4th kill if they hit three roles players. Has a nice horse called Binky.

The Sneak:

Gaspode the Wonderdog - Gaspode also has the power of investigation, albeit only three times throughout the whole game. They can choose to pass the information to either the masons or the goons depending on which direction they want the game to go (they can also choose to keep it to themselves). Their identity is known only to themselves. If they investigate thee roles players, they get an additional investigation.

The Goons:

The Auditors of Reality (x4) - A collection of celestial bureaucrats who're simply fed up of the amount of paperwork being created by the shenanigans in the city.

The Hooker:

Cut Me Own Throat Dibbler (C.M.O.T) - A thoroughly unsuccessful entrepreneur who will do anything to sell you one of his "sausages" in a bun. They can choose one player every night to feed one of their concoctions to and that person will be unable commit a night action (if their character allows. They will win whatever the outcome of the game.

The Townies:

The average joes of the city. Their job is to help the town win by lynching the goons. One of these townies is none other than Wee Mad Arthur who, if he's lynched, will take out the player above them on the player list. The player in particular is aware they are Wee Mad Arthur.

PMs are on their way.

Player list:

1. Stuart McNeill

2. Yvonne

3. Tommy Brown

4. THAITB

5. Marvin

6. WeeJambo

7. Shapes

8. Prince 

9. AndyNic

10. Sean

11. Boof

12. Ray Gin

13. Iantjambo

14. GOFS

15. Seats

16. Dandy

17. Dunks

18. Peaky

Deadline is 10pm tomorrow night (Wednesday).

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Stuart McNeill

• yvonnejambo

• Ray Gin

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Seats said:

At the risk of upsetting the mod, I gave up on pratchett as soon as the luggage started walking....🤪

Any more of this blasphemy and I'm modkilling.

I know nothing about Disc world. Except that the books were written by Terry Pratchett.

It completely irrelevant, because I’m just a townie. Despite it ******* me over last time, I would still use bs.

37 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

@Boof You're not able to receive PMs.

I should be now.

But before I get it, may I say YES to BS and a resounding BOOOO to the Auditors of Reality. And any other bad guys.

In fact, since I don't know who or what I am, let's have a wee bit of fun.

Vote Ray Gin

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

I should be now.

But before I get it, may I say YES to BS and a resounding BOOOO to the Auditors of Reality. And any other bad guys.

In fact, since I don't know who or what I am, let's have a wee bit of fun.

Vote Ray Gin

Outrageous.

:arry:

The Hogfather

Forgot to add, as per usual, I'll only accept votes in bold that are contained within a post that hasn't been edited. You must also unvote a player before you can vote another.

Standard rules, you've all done this before.

Non-voters will lose their voting rights for the next round and non-posters will be modkilled if they go a full day without posting.

Well, hello there :)

Excellent set up HF - looking forward to this one. I am but an innocent bystander in Ankh-Morpork, a rarity indeed.

I'd use BS if I could, but alas I am not Sam. I will therefore ...

Vote Peaky

If I was Death though, I'd ...

KILL DANDY

15 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Well, hello there :)

Excellent set up HF - looking forward to this one. I am but an innocent bystander in Ankh-Morpork, a rarity indeed.

I'd use BS if I could, but alas I am not Sam. I will therefore ...

Vote Peaky

If I was Death though, I'd ...

KILL DANDY

I had a revenge vote to choose between you and Marvin but you will do. ☺️

vote Dunks 

4 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

I had a revenge vote to choose between you and Marvin but you will do. ☺️

vote Dunks 

Just be glad you ain't Dandy :lol:

Goon list 

Thehibsareintheirbeds 

Seats

Stuart

Peaky 

vote Thehibsareintheirbeds 

No reason apart from being on my day 1 goon list 

14 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Unvote Dunks 

Deadline tomorrow night so loads of time to vote. 

Except there is a match tomorrow eve 😂

Prince Buaben

I remembered about this one 

If I had been the cop I wouldnt use BS but would have investigate shapes

So instead I'll just Vote Shapes 

Stuart McNeill

Not a massive book reader and just from this game description i highly doubt I'd enjoy these ones. 

Anyway, wouldn't use bs. Id vote bauben - simply due to being the last person to message. However i can't anyway. 

9 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Except there is a match tomorrow eve 😂

FFS so there is. I need to put my thermal knickers on as coming down from Dundee. 

Stuart McNeill

Reading over the rules I like the new roles will certainly a new twist to the games. 

Ill just stick my vote on peaky for now. 

Vote peaky

16 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

FFS so there is. I need to put my thermal knickers on as coming down from Dundee. 

I sold our tickets on the exchange as not easy to get down mid week! Wouldn’t chance it with the weather now even if I could have went. 

4 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

I sold our tickets on the exchange as not easy to get down mid week! Wouldn’t chance it with the weather now even if I could have went. 

Where you stay, I'm not surprised you're not chancing it. 

I am off to Barcelona Sunday morning then Sweden three days later so happy to take a first night hit as won’t be active when abroad. 

Tenaciousdandy
1 hour ago, yvonnejambo said:

Looks good, but where’s Rudi? I planned to just vote him! 
oh and I would use bs 

he was meant to be playing unless he pulled out

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Dunks said:

:sob:

awww dont cry, here this will put a smile on your face 

vote dunks 

😋

9 hours ago, Rudi Skacel said:

What happened to me? 🙁

Rudi asked for number 3 in the sign up thread. 
Should we restart as he’s been overlooked?

Stuart McNeill
35 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Rudi asked for number 3 in the sign up thread. 
Should we restart as he’s been overlooked?

Maybe for the best if nunya can arrange that

Why don't we add a random role for Rudi.

So he could be any of the other roles like added to masons, added to goons, added as a teammate of assassin or townie etc etc