***Official Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

A real statement result that.

Unbelievable how easy that was.

It was incredibly easy but I thought we were pretty sloppy. To win 5-0 is different class but I didn't think we were particularly sharp. 

Snodgrass especially in the middle was all over the place at time giving the ball away.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Don Dan

• Marvin

Just home.

I genuinely thought at times we weren't particularly good and actually gave the ball away too often. Collum didnt help with the constant whistle blowing whenever a Don's player got the slightest touch in the first half.

That said...absolutely clinical with our finishing. Thought Aberdeen were the better team up until we scored and then they capitulated. Aberdeen actually looked ok in the middle of the pitch for chunks of the game but their defending was woeful and just no final ball.

Smith was man of the match for me. Even though Duk was clearly a lot faster just had him in his pocket tonight.

Slightly disappointed Gino didnt stay on to get a go at the hat trick but Injury free for Sunday dictates otherwise. 

5-0 against the supposed rivals for 3rd and didnt play well at times......love it! Think there's another hiding for another team to come before the season ends.

Edited by Der Kaiser

Loved Zander's reaction when he thought we had conceded, he was apoplectic!! Great to get another clean sheet on the board. 

Great result all round. Sibbick another saving tackle at one end & a worldie pass for the goal. Get him on a longer contract, the boy is strolling games of late. Different class. Ginelly must be kept too, he was well up for that tonight. Good performances all over the pitch. My apologies to Smith too, I'm going to shut my mouth from now on, what a game he had! 

Only slight negative, ffs Snodgrass get a grip of yourself before Sunday mate, sharpen up & cut out the slack passes! 

Devlin back to form & Hill following up with another great performance, wins so much in the air! 

Its good to be a Jambo! 

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

It was incredibly easy but I thought we were pretty sloppy. To win 5-0 is different class but I didn't think we were particularly sharp. 

Snodgrass especially in the middle was all over the place at time giving the ball away.

Our average is good enough to put 5 past our nearest rival, without a reply.

:verysmug:

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Already dreading when Hill leaves us. Another Jimmy Dunne type scenario.

Unless of course he falls in love 🥰 

Now’s the time ? Offer a reasonable £, let’s see ? 

23 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Thank **** you dont pick the team

Haha, would’ve won 7 0 if my team was picked and Kuol would’ve scored a hat trick 😉

Not far off the line up to be fair. Just you enjoy the victory rather than look at team suggestions from 4 days ago, bawheed 

Superb performance from the team. Atkinson surely on his way out of Forrest is getting brought on at RWB ahead of him.

Oh...and the constant verbals at opposition goalkeepers continues in the Roseburn. Every game more and more folk join in. I think we might get a goalie to cry soon.

1 minute ago, best in the land said:

Thought sibbick and hill both played brilliant tonight.

Probably rowles was our weakest defender and he wasn't bad either.

Snodgrass wasn't great though but rest of team were good but have played better and can play better.

Aberdeens whole game plan was to swamp Snodgrass. They didn’t account for Devlin returning to form or Sibbick firing a 60 yard missile in to Smith. Or Ginelly opening his bag of amazing soccer tricks. Snodgrass taking the heat allowed us to play. Yes he lost easy possession a few times when he just wanted too much time but St Mirren had made the tactic work quite well. Teams have a decision to make now. Man mark him deep and stop him running the game or leave him and hope he doesn’t. He’s a tremendous player.

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Our goal difference has improved dramatically since the world cup.....

Amazing what happens when you have fit Central defenders

i wish jj was my dad

We have played a lot better than that but we look very dangerous and pretty secure at the back again. 

27 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Three clean sheets in a row at home now. Nine for, Zero against.

Three clean sheets is important, wins even more so

How nice is it to have options off the bench! A lot of boys in the squad will have to work extremely hard to get into the starting eleven but the mix of the new signings and players coming back from injury is quality.

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂 hopefully he’ll be back nipping everyone’s heid shortly. 

👍 

Quite a few individuals had great games, Smith, Hill and Sibbick come to mind.  We've played a hell of a lot better than that, to be 4 0 up at half time was incredible.  Snodgrass and Devlin with some hospital passes, and also losing it high up the park when they're both up there isn't ideal. Absolutely take it though, brings confidence for Sunday.

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Our defending has been excellent in last few games.  Sibbick has been a big part of that so hope he is okay but caps of to Zander and Hill for coming in and improving us.   Midfield seems to struggle a bit at times and 1st 20 mins we hadn’t worked out how to get forward and put pressure on their defence.  But my word,  once we figured that out we were just clinical.  More to come from this Hearts team too!

Yip, Sibbick was managed very well, taken out and as struggling, came back in and has been brialliant.

Hills looks a cut above at 19 and Rowles has also been solid.

Smith at RB and Cochrane e at lb also gives us great balance.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Quite a few individuals had great games, Smith, Hill and Sibbick come to mind.  We've played a hell of a lot better than that, to be 4 0 up at half time was incredible.  Snodgrass and Devlin with some hospital passes, and also losing it high up the park when they're both up there isn't ideal. Absolutely take it though, brings confidence for Sunday.

Exactly how I saw it. Almost like matadors 

26 minutes ago, stirlo said:

We were certainly not outstanding tonight despite the scoreline - though I disagree about the Celtic game - defending that afternoon was pretty woeful, whereas tonight we were generally very solid defensively. I thought Hill in particular was different class tonight. The finishing tonight was also superb.

I differ slightly, I thought we were lucky not to concede a couple tonight. Which was down to some luck, and poor finishing from Aberdeen. As I was taught a longtime ago. No two supporters see the same game.

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Barack said:

12 goals away from equalling last season.

Very interesting given our defensive approach and negative football!

The defence was the issue and now we've sorted that we are only going one way.

Just now, John Findlay said:

I differ slightly, I thought we were lucky not to concede a couple tonight. Which was down to some luck, and poor finishing from Aberdeen. As I was taught a longtime ago. No two supporters see the same game.

I agree we could have conceded tonight, but the issue was sloppy passing in midfield more than defensive errors. Snodgrass in particular gave the ball straight to the opposition three times in the first half - he didn't look himself tonight.

Just now, stirlo said:

I agree we could have conceded tonight, but the issue was sloppy passing in midfield more than defensive errors. Snodgrass in particular gave the ball straight to the opposition three times in the first half - he didn't look himself tonight.

Thats beginning to worry me. Hes done exactly that the last 2 games now. Is he just knackered?

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Mental that we won 5-0 and there’s still a high chance we’ll be on last on sportscene 

We're first! 😊

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, stirlo said:

There’s times he’s showing for the ball and shouldn’t get it - more of a decoy run but does and he has 2 men on him. 

13 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

How nice is it to have options off the bench! A lot of boys in the squad will have to work extremely hard to get into the starting eleven but the mix of the new signings and players coming back from injury is quality.

I watched Hearts TV tonight and a few times the camera was on RN with Kio in the background. Kio looked kind of deflated tbh... I'd like to see more of him. I thought Grant positively impacted the game tonight and thought he could have brought on Yoda a bit earlier - but hey ho, not a big deal. 3 points, a clean sheet and looking much better for third.... well done the JT's for such an important win. 

Edited by Mr Kipling

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Thats beginning to worry me. Hes done exactly that the last 2 games now. Is he just knackered?

Could be. In fairness, he's played a lot of games recently so could just be a case of fatigue at his age.

Really enjoyed that. Yes there was some sloppy passes but every player fought for the cause and rattled Aberdeen.

Really like Hill. Looks like he's been here for years.

Ginnelly thriving through the middle.

And Sibbick and Rowles solid.

Smith ❤️

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Great result tonight but I thought RN could've brought some subs on earlier tbh. I do think Snodgrass is probably knackered as is McKay. 

Edited by Mr Kipling

2 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

Great result tonight but I thought RN could've brought some subs on earlier tbh. I do think Snodgrass is probably knackered as is McKay. 

Snodgrass has been a revelation for Hearts & I hope he stays another season. He needs some bench time management though. Play him as a sub for a couple of games to rest him. 

Just now, Section Q said:

What's up with Kuol......?

Anyone know.....?

My guess is 35 degrees in Oz and minus 3 in Edinburgh. The lads got a cauld!

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

My guess is 35 degrees in Oz and minus 3 in Edinburgh. The lads got a cauld!

Hasn't been over 30c here in Sydney for over a year now.... El Nino or something...

30 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

Haha, would’ve won 7 0 if my team was picked and Kuol would’ve scored a hat trick 😉

Not far off the line up to be fair. Just you enjoy the victory rather than look at team suggestions from 4 days ago, bawheed 

Superb performance from the team. Atkinson surely on his way out of Forrest is getting brought on at RWB ahead of him.

Imagine how good we’d be if we turned up 😉

Amazing result. Sloppy at times still but completely clinical and our attitude was spot on. Never hid, and there was a distinct lack of taking the safe option, which was good to see. Although easier to take risks when so far ahead I guess

No complaints about anything tonight. (Maybe one or two small things but not worth mentioning when your team has won 5-0🙂).

A beautiful night. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Barack said:

I'm OK by the way. Incase anyone's wondering. 👀

Thoughts and prayers were with you. Can you remember the exact moment you almost fell off your sofa? It's one of those 'where were you when you heard Princess Diana died?' things; it'll stay with you for life. 

My favourite page of this thread was page 16, when we were only 1-0 up. The smell of urine in pants was shocking. 

5 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Hasn't been over 30c here in Sydney for over a year now.... El Nino or something...

It was nearly 35 in Raymond Terrace yesterday?

5 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Didnt know that. Was just a guess anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Yes, really easy to get a Cold as you rock in from foreign parts. I usually catch one when I’m over. Kuol is but 18, he will get his go.