***Official Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

7 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

No complaints about anything tonight. (Maybe one or two small things but not worth mentioning when your team has won 5-0🙂).

A beautiful night. 

You could see they were beat after the first goal. How did they run the Huns so close?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Don Dan

• Marvin

Ricardo Quaresma
10 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Imagine how good we’d be if we turned up 😉

Amazing result. Sloppy at times still but completely clinical and our attitude was spot on. Never hid, and there was a distinct lack of taking the safe option, which was good to see. Although easier to take risks when so far ahead I guess

The clinicality has been all that's been missing; we simply need to replicate that on Sunday and it won't matter who the officials are

Just home, absolutely delighted with that. 

It was always going to happen where there was a week where everything clicked and we started hitting the net more than not - and what a better week to do it.

Cannot pick faults in any player tonight at all, special mentions for me to Hill, Smith, Snodgrass and Devlin.

Obviously Gino was clinical aswell and every player was excellent but those 4 were fantastic.

33 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Very interesting given our defensive approach and negative football!

The defence was the issue and now we've sorted that we are only going one way.

Yes, and we've added to our attacking options during this window.  We now have real strength in depth in that area.

51 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Oh...and the constant verbals at opposition goalkeepers continues in the Roseburn. Every game more and more folk join in. I think we might get a goalie to cry soon.

That was something else.   Professionally done and relentless. 

:cheese:

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Different type of penalty tonight from Shankland as well(which was a definate penalty) just put his laces through it. 

He seems to vary his penalties quite a bit, making it hard for keepers to anticipate where he might put it.  He puts them low to either side of the keeper, some he lifts above the keeper, some he places, some he smashes.  That's 11 from 11 since joining us.  Given our inconsistency in converting penalties over recent seasons, it's great to have a guy you could almost put your house on to score.

LochcarronJambo
5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Different type of penalty tonight from Shankland as well(which was a definate penalty) just put his laces through it. 

Totally brilliant pen, keep thinking law of averages he goin to miss, but keeps banging them in, long may it continue

All roads lead to Gorgie

What a great performance from the team. Shanks might be slightly off form but he and Gino were working their socks off and Snodgrass controlled the game. What a finish from Smithy, there's still life in the old dog. Grant and Humphry should have made it more emphatic and Oda look sharp in his Cameo.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

I just want to watch sibbicks pass on repeat. World Cup ball

Smiths impression of Bergkamp wasn't bad either.

pettigrewsstylist

Real tempo tonight once they got going. Rowles Sibbick Snodgrass and cochrane breaking those lines was glorious to watch.

Gino, Hill, could go on. Competition, real competition, raises standards and performances.

Some squad now, want the window to shut along with the chequebooks!

Just now, Gav M said:

how long do I have to wait to see the highlights? nothing on iplayer!

was wondering the same, I'm just home from Tynecastle and really want to watch it back.

3 minutes ago, whodanny said:

was wondering the same, I'm just home from Tynecastle and really want to watch it back.

You're welcome 😎😎. This is basically the Sportscene highlights

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

You're welcome 😎😎. This is basically the Sportscene highlights

Brilliant thanks

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Only the top 3 in the league with positive goal difference. Ours at a nice healthy 11 goals to our advantage. Shocking for a league to have figures like that. 

mental stat. Worth another point.

8 hours ago, thegreatsd said:

I weirdly still have a fond memory of this game. I was a youngster back then. I was early to bed as my dad said he would record it off the radio onto a cassette and I could listen to it in the morning before school. I woke up early and listened to it in my bed and walked off to school with a big smile! 

My Dad used to have stacks of C-90 cassettes with the second half of Hearts away games on them. 1548 (Forth 2) used to cover Hearts/Hibs away games and were only allowed to broadcast the 2nd half. I obviously love football but back then felt a lot better than the overkill we suffer from these days. That run in 1985/86 we were on Radio Scotland most weeks. 

44 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Just landed on a flight back from Lanzarote, no Internet access for almost 5 hours, the wait was well worth it. 

G, Can you book a flight for Sunday, say from 1pm - 6pm? 😁

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Only the top 3 in the league with positive goal difference. Ours at a nice healthy 11 goals to our advantage. Shocking for a league to have figures like that. 

TBF there were four clubs this afternoon before the match. . .

3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Aberdeens whole game plan was to swamp Snodgrass. They didn’t account for Devlin returning to form or Sibbick firing a 60 yard missile in to Smith. Or Ginelly opening his bag of amazing soccer tricks. Snodgrass taking the heat allowed us to play. Yes he lost easy possession a few times when he just wanted too much time but St Mirren had made the tactic work quite well. Teams have a decision to make now. Man mark him deep and stop him running the game or leave him and hope he doesn’t. He’s a tremendous player.

I believe the coaching staff saw what St. Mirren did and knew that it would become the book on us. We went long and with high wings all night looking for those chances in behind. Aberdeen played as high a line as you'll see against us trying to get that pressure on the midfield, and we went right around it.

Enormous credit to Smith as well. The right and midfield combo of Sibbick, Snodgrass, Hill, Smith, Shankland, and Gino was rampant tonight, just pouring in chance after chance after getting behind them.

6 hours ago, Marvin said:

HT 4-0 and not playing our best. 

When was the last time we were winning 4-0 at half time before this game??

Not long home after a few drinks.

What a result. Another fantastic night for Heart of Midlothian Football Club. The momentum we have going for us right now both on and off the park is a credit to everyone who loves our team. So many people are contributing to making Hearts something we have all craved. 

Robbie and the squad deserve huge credit for their focus since the WC break, to take 17pts form 21 has been an absolutely excellent return and the great thing is we still, despite tonights score, haven't clicked like we can and will. So many good performances and positives but it was great to see Smith and Devlin scoring after taking a bit of stick recently (I've been guilty of it too). Delighted for them. Hill looks a sensational loan signing, Sibbick improving by the week and Zander a brilliant replacement for big Craig. What was noticeable to me today is that there is all of a sudden serious competition for places and a far greater depth to our subs; Humphrys, Oda, Grant, Forrest and Kingsley coming on shows that.

On to Sunday. As ever it's all about what we do and how we go about things. My impression is this one means a hell of a lot to RN and he is going to have us seriously fired up. Lets ****ing do it.

3 hours ago, munro9 said:

My 4 year old is sitting watching this with tears in his eyes, and asked, "Daddy... why won't they sack Jim Goodwin?

What are we supposed to tell our children? 

Feel sorry for the kid but funny as ****.

7 hours ago, Djnoisy said:

So who didn’t want Michael Smith on the pitch??  🤡

Hand up

He was superb tonight. Possibly his best ever game for us. This humble pie is going down a treat. I’d have given him MOTM but Hill looks like he’s been here for ages.

For all the slack passes I STILL thought Snodric was quality too. That’s a couple of teams targeted him and if the Hobos do it too more fool em.

Also delighted for Devlin. 

2 hours ago, LeylandJambo said:

My 4 year old is sitting watching this with tears in his eyes, and asked, "Daddy... why won't they sack Jim Goodwin?

What are we supposed to tell our children? 

Feel sorry for the kid but funny as ****.

image.jpeg.688d0a855ec92d9c034c7b75c080b6e2.jpeg

9 hours ago, Thomson1874 said:

Haha, would’ve won 7 0 if my team was picked and Kuol would’ve scored a hat trick 😉

Not far off the line up to be fair. Just you enjoy the victory rather than look at team suggestions from 4 days ago, bawheed 

Superb performance from the team. Atkinson surely on his way out of Forrest is getting brought on at RWB ahead of him.

Stop posting clown

Horatio Caine

Reading that Aberdeen forum chat... they actually think we were shit!  One even said that the Sheep were the better team!  WTAF?  

Just now, Horatio Caine said:

Reading that Aberdeen forum chat... they actually think we were shit!  One even said that the Sheep were the better team!  WTAF?  

2825CE67-48F5-40B6-B09B-88FE8E7CECE5.gif.c6227c5e86c9f41ae6fc9818cd0e24f3.gif

6 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

When was the last time we were winning 4-0 at half time before this game??

I was thinking this at half-time last night. In the 10-0 Cowdenbeath game a few years ago we were 5-0 up at half-time but can't think of the last time this happened in a top-flight game. Unfortunately I can think of one or two occasions when we've been 4-0 down at halftime!

1 hour ago, bawheed said:

Stop posting clown

Must remember to check with Mr Bawheed before posting in future. 

Honestly, some folk 🥴

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

The thing is, there were elements of our performance last night that were not that impressive - some of the passing in midfield was very sloppy. But that's what makes last night so telling about the gulf in class between the two teams - we strolled to victory whilst rarely getting out of second gear.