Transfer Targets (merged threads)

LarrysRightFoot

LarrysRightFoot

I totally understand and agree with what Csaba is doing - assessing the squad for himself.

I also like that he appears to be willing to give youngsters a chance, as this is the way forward for us IMO.

However, after the dross we had to put up with last season most of us would agree that there are certain areas that need strengthend.

Anyway, Ive been letting my mind wonder and thinking of (realistic) players who I would like us to sign/go for and here they are:

Alan Gow - would add creativity and link between midfeiled and forwards

Darren Barr - great defender

Szmatulski (sp) - looked good at United

Andy Dorman - a goalscoring midfeilder

Chris Killen - if Nade goes/does get fit, I think he would be a good target man

Charlie Mulgrew - we might need a left back if Wallace leaves and he looked good at United a couple of seasons ago

Denes Rosa - never seen him play but he wants to come to us and has international experience so could be worth taking a chance on

Ross Wallace - always thought he was not a bad player. Transfer listed at Sunderland.

I would also like a new right back but I cant think of any apart from Maurice Ross and that is only because it was on football rumours. Anyway its amazing how your mind wonders when you are bored.

200milesfromgorgie

we've been linked with Denes Rosa . Dunno if i'm having a peebles moment? anybody knows where he plays? i've heard central midfield but thats the last position we need.

LarrysRightFoot

Had a look at Rosa's wikipedia page and it says he is a midfielder. Hasnt played much for Wolves at all since his move there a couple of years ago. It does say that he has a good goalscoring record in their reserves though.

tartofmidlothian

Hmm. Rosa seems to be at the stage of his career where he'd accept a move to St Midden or ICT to keep playing.

I'd take everyone else on your list, but don't reckon the current regime will go near any. Don't reckon Csaba's been watching many SPL games on Setanta these last couple of years, I think he'll stick to his own comfort zone in the short term.

Whoever posted on the Berra thread about letting Wolves have CB then buying, say, Barr and Anderson and still having 1/2m change had it spot on, though.

Patrick Bateman

I'd be very surprised if we signed anyone from within Scotland.

As for a striker, how about Roland Linz at Braga?

I'd be very surprised if we signed anyone from within Scotland.

As for a striker, how about Roland Linz at Braga?

They want 1m for him apparently.

After the Beslija fiasco, i can't see Vlad paying that much.

200milesfromgorgie
They want 1m for him apparently.

After the Beslija fiasco, i can't see Vlad paying that much.

true. i can't see us paying more than 500k for a player at the moment.

LarrysRightFoot

Im not sure why people think we will not sign anyone from Scotland. The 'regime' appear recently to be beggining to understand that we need to players who understand the physical demands of playing in Scotland and what it means to play for Hearts and in games such as the derby.

Korobochka et al having been working on a list of targets for months now and im sure there will be at least a few Scots on that list.

Szamotulski, Gow and Darren Barr are the ones i've said on here before aswell, not so sure about the others but one I would DEFINATELY go for is Marius Niculae at Inverness. Apparently, Craig Brewster is expecting someone to come in for him and it's been reported in the past he'd like Calum Elliot. I think he's turned down a ?400,000 bid for Niculae from someone so why not offer him ?300,000 and Elliot? That would be a cracking bit of buisness me thinks!

scott_jambo
I'd like Niculae as well.

I'd also love to get rid of Elliott.

That would be a swap deal and a half! Reckon they would go for it if we chucked a couple hundred k and a lollypop in.

200milesfromgorgie
Szamotulski, Gow and Darren Barr are the ones i've said on here before aswell, not so sure about the others but one I would DEFINATELY go for is Marius Niculae at Inverness. Apparently, Craig Brewster is expecting someone to come in for him and it's been reported in the past he'd like Calum Elliot. I think he's turned down a ?400,000 bid for Niculae from someone so why not offer him ?300,000 and Elliot? That would be a cracking bit of buisness me thinks!

Brewster dosent want him to go to another SPL club. but for what its worth when it comes down do it that wont mattter. i'd liek tosee him at hearts.

Yeah, Niculae would be good for us.

A lot of experience, great link up play, excellent with the ball at his feet and decent finisher. Just the sort of player we need.

Patrick Bateman

Niculae is an interesting suggestion. He clearly has a good pedigree but has he managed to fully recover from the injuries he had when he was younger? I only saw him once or twice for ICT and he didn't look anything special, though I suppose playing alongside their dross might be difficult for a striker. What was his record like last season and what sort of striker is he?

200milesfromgorgie
Niculae is an interesting suggestion. He clearly has a good pedigree but has he managed to fully recover from the injuries he had when he was younger? I only saw him once or twice for ICT and he didn't look anything special, though I suppose playing alongside their dross might be difficult for a striker. What was his record like last season and what sort of striker is he?

think he got about 14 or 15 goals last season in the league.

tartofmidlothian
Im not sure why people think we will not sign anyone from Scotland.

It's not so much that, I just don't think we'll sign high-profile Scots. Niculae, for example, would be the kind of player we might go for unless ICT are holding out for silly money. Partly because the high-ups at Tynie might be more familiar with him, but also because I just get the feeling that Vlad reckons every established Scottish footballer can't wait to sign for the OF.

So we'll still field and buy Scots, but I reckon they'll be from our own youth system, or bought in young like Templeton, or possibly the odd 'Hearts-minded' player that gets brought to Vlad's attention. Like Stewart, for example. Speaking of ICT, isn't Ian Black a Jambo?

LarrysRightFoot
Vlad reckons every established Scottish footballer can't wait to sign for the OF.

4 of the players I have suggested are either at the Old Firm or played for them so I cant see why he would sign them.

As an aside I would add Niculae and Black (although we dont need a midfielder) to my original list.

By The Light..
Im not sure why people think we will not sign anyone from Scotland. The 'regime' appear recently to be beggining to understand that we need to players who understand the physical demands of playing in Scotland and what it means to play for Hearts and in games such as the derby.

Korobochka et al having been working on a list of targets for months now and im sure there will be at least a few Scots on that list.

Apart from the re-signing of Michael Stewart from the cabbage, the last SPL player we signed was Jamie McAlllister from Livingston (pre-VR).

I'm not sure why anyone would get the impression this is going to change anytime soon.

We are not being set up to compete in this league imho.

Apart from the re-signing of Michael Stewart from the cabbage, the last SPL player we signed was Jamie McAlllister from Livingston (pre-VR).

I'm not sure why anyone would get the impression this is going to change anytime soon.

In Vlad's interview the other night he said that the local players in Scotland were like boxers, and didn't play football. They were more interested on jumping on Mikoliunas' back. He was more interested in Chinese players because they helped players up after a tackle.

Surely all Scottish players are part of the local 'mafia' anyway?

tartofmidlothian
4 of the players I have suggested are either at the Old Firm or played for them so I cant see why he would sign them.

Think that makes him even less likely to, in a kind of "not good enough for them, not good enough for us" way of thinking.

It's beyond unlikely. But like I say, each one of them would be a good shout under almost any other circumstances.

He got 10

Which makes him better than pretty much every striker we currently have at the club.

It's not so much that, I just don't think we'll sign high-profile Scots. Niculae, for example, would be the kind of player we might go for unless ICT are holding out for silly money. Partly because the high-ups at Tynie might be more familiar with him, but also because I just get the feeling that Vlad reckons every established Scottish footballer can't wait to sign for the OF.

So we'll still field and buy Scots, but I reckon they'll be from our own youth system, or bought in young like Templeton, or possibly the odd 'Hearts-minded' player that gets brought to Vlad's attention. Like Stewart, for example. Speaking of ICT, isn't Ian Black a Jambo?

Don't know if Ian Black's a Jambo but I remember Stevie Frail wanted to sign him last year

I think alan gow would be a good signin,he's a good palyer.. Also that polish keeper who was at dundee untd last season..

Starting from the back, I would make Celtic a ?1m offer for Mark Brown and Mark Wilson. Two Scottish guys who wont get much of a look in at Darkheid this coming season.

Perhaps another flaw in Vlads startegy is that this is the league we do actualy compete in. We are not playing in China, we are not even in Europe and to be honest we cam periously close to not being in the SPL.

I'd take Scobbie, Barr and Arfield from Falkirk (if we could afford them).

O'dea from Celtic, Niculae from ICT and perhaps Killen from Celtic.

In reality we'll get none of them and probably nobody we've ever really heard of.

LarrysRightFoot
Starting from the back, I would make Celtic a ?1m offer for Mark Brown and Mark Wilson. Two Scottish guys who wont get much of a look in at Darkheid this coming season.

These are two players I previously suggested (not in this thread obviously) we look at.

I would love us to sign Wilson but i just could see it happening to be honest.

Brown is a decent keeper but is he good enough to be our long term number 1?

Gow can GTF is you ask me. He has apparently turned down the oppertunity to join us from Rangers on more than one occasion. He has also turned down numerous moves to other teams down south. His lack of ambition is shameful for a young player. Seems he would rather waste away in the rangers reserves and pick up an easy monthly wage than move elsewhere and get 1st team football. The boy needs to have a long hard look at himself.

Captain Lithuania

You reckon that isn't the case? Nowadays most people support Smellik or Rankgers (glory hunters), and it's not different for players, most at some stage will want to play for these biggoted sc*m-bags. Niculae would be allowed to talk to Hearts if Brewster got Elliot and money. I hope Vlads' monkeys are reading now.. SIGN NICULAE.

tartofmidlothian
Gow can GTF is you ask me. He has apparently turned down the oppertunity to join us from Rangers on more than one occasion.

Surely not. Hearts in for Scottish player from OF shock! Did we really make an offer, or was it just spoken about so much on here that it felt true?

Not being sarky, it's genuinely interesting news if we went in for him at some point.

tartofmidlothian
You reckon that isn't the case? Nowadays most people support Smellik or Rankgers (glory hunters), and it's not different for players, most at some stage will want to play for these biggoted sc*m-bags.

Don't doubt that's true, but I've still got plenty of time for guys who are happy to dedicate themselves to a club like ours while they're here, and not agitate for a move unless circumstances, finances or falling-outs force them away (IMO I'm thinking of Pressley and Hartley here, but I don't want to open that can of worms again...).

Then there are your Gordons and Naysmiths, whose loyalty was beyond question. I'd be gutted to see either of them turn out for the OF, we all would.

Finally, of course, there are money-grabbers and badge-kissers who just do what their agent tells them. Isn't that right, Andy?

Niculae would be allowed to talk to Hearts if Brewster got Elliot and money. I hope Vlads' monkeys are reading now.. SIGN NICULAE.

I don't think Vlad would swap Elliot. He's thinking Clum's young, so his sell-on value (?!) will remain fixed for a while yet, unlike Niculae's. For the same reason, I don't reckon he'd value Niculae at more than about ?200k - maybe a sly bid as the window's closing, see how much ICT would rather have the cash in hand?

Do you think we will actually buy anybody ?

Unless Shabba looks at the squad and reels back totally aghast, will it not perhaps be a case of just working with what we have and if needs be, look around again in January ?

Remember, the alleged aim is to cut costs at the moment !

Do you think we will actually buy anybody ?

Unless Shabba looks at the squad and reels back totally aghast, will it not perhaps be a case of just working with what we have and if needs be, look around again in January ?

Remember, the alleged aim is to cut costs at the moment !

Agreed!

I dont think we'll sign anyone before window shuts!

Vlad has most fans back on side with appopintment of new manager and his main priority the the moment is cost cutting!

I hope I'm wrong about the signings though

I think it`s plain commonsense that a manager must get the chance to assess the squad with his own eyes to distinguish the where our strengths are and where we need to strengthen.

I`d like to think that Csaba would still like to wheel and deal if it meant he wasn`t getting much scope to play with financially.

But the reality is we need to add rather than wheel and deal or cut more from the squad.

Guest JamboRobbo

So they say. I'll believe it when I see actions, not words.

I expect we'll start the season with what we have now, with maybe one real signing, plus a few Kaunus imports to "supplement" (aye right) the squad.

Bruno returning is like signing a new player, but I don't think midfield is top priority.

I'm amazed at all this love for Niculae as when I have seen him play against Hearts he has been poor. The only reason I know he played against Hearts at Tynie was that his name got mentioned when he was hooked in the second half.

I thought more learned kickbackers than me had said that there are a few from the reserves due the chance this season? Can we not promote from within rather than sign some of the dross talked about on this thread?

Rocky jamboa

I'd be suprised if we don't bring in at least 3 players in the summer, especially up front. We've brought in some cash over the summer (?2.5m for Bednar) and free'd up some cash in wages by offloading Pinilla, Tall, Pospisil, concalves etc. They 4 would probably free up about ?30k p/w in wages. May be more cash to come in from sale of Berra as well. I'd imagine new manager will have a few names he'd like to bring in. Was there not a few Africans mentioned?

LarrysRightFoot

Does anybody think theres anything in the Bobo Balde rumour that was going round a few days ago on here?

From BBC Gossip column: "Defender Bobo Balde is set to leave Celtic a year before the end of his contract after reaching an amicable agreement with the Glasgow club. (Daily Record)"

I think he could do a job for us and a tough uncompromising defender is what we need. He would get stuck right in and give others an example to follow.

Although I take on board what was said about him previously that playing for us he would end up getting sent off a lot more than he ever did at Celtic. I also think that his wages would be a stumbling block but who knows?

I totally understand and agree with what Csaba is doing - assessing the squad for himself.

I also like that he appears to be willing to give youngsters a chance, as this is the way forward for us IMO.

However, after the dross we had to put up with last season most of us would agree that there are certain areas that need strengthend.

Anyway, Ive been letting my mind wonder and thinking of (realistic) players who I would like us to sign/go for and here they are:

Alan Gow - would add creativity and link between midfeiled and forwards

Darren Barr - great defender

Szmatulski (sp) - looked good at United

Andy Dorman - a goalscoring midfeilder

Chris Killen - if Nade goes/does get fit, I think he would be a good target man

Charlie Mulgrew - we might need a left back if Wallace leaves and he looked good at United a couple of seasons ago

Denes Rosa - never seen him play but he wants to come to us and has international experience so could be worth taking a chance on

Ross Wallace - always thought he was not a bad player. Transfer listed at Sunderland.

I would also like a new right back but I cant think of any apart from Maurice Ross and that is only because it was on football rumours. Anyway its amazing how your mind wonders when you are bored.

A few good shouts in there tbh. Of the players you suggest, I would like to see Dorman (from what little I have seen) and Barr. Having said that, I would go the other way and look at what we require first.

Our major priority MUST be two strikers. Assuming Makela is not coming back, we would be left with Nade, Elliot, Mole and Glen and two of them want to leave.

I would say that our central midfield position is very much a much. Loads of midfielders that are defensive, sit back players. We need a driving central midfielder.

We have a defensive issue also IMO. I would say that we need two full backs and MAYBE a commanding centre half to play alongside Berra. Having said that, I suspect we will start the season with Karipidis and Berra there.

Bruno returning is like signing a new player, but I don't think midfield is top priority.

I'm amazed at all this love for Niculae as when I have seen him play against Hearts he has been poor. The only reason I know he played against Hearts at Tynie was that his name got mentioned when he was hooked in the second half.

I thought more learned kickbackers than me had said that there are a few from the reserves due the chance this season? Can we not promote from within rather than sign some of the dross talked about on this thread?

I both agree and disagree. I too do not think that Niculae should be a target, firstly he scored little and secondly ICT have already turned down a "bid in excess of ?400,000" meaning a relatively large outlay for an older striker.

As for Aguiar, awful player. Not good enough to oust Jonsson or Palazuelosas a sitting midfielder and not forward thinking enough to be the link midfielder.

The reserves part I agree with. I would love to see certain younger players get a chance this year. I like Rapnik and have heard good things about McGowan. I would be intrigued to see how Copil fits in now he has returned with (hopefully) a better attitude and a new coach that he can communicate with fluently.

LarrysRightFoot
Balde was on ?40,000 a week.

Yeh he WAS but he is what? 32/33 and will have a nice little nest egg from his time at Celtic. I think although he will want a decent wage his demands will have dropped significantly as he is at the stage where he just wants to play every week again.

LarrysRightFoot

As I have said I like that Csaba will be looking to develop our own youngsters but I also think (as im sure Csaba knows himself) that we need some experince down the spine of the team.

Ive just mentioned Balde. So how about getting someone like Brain McBride in upfront in for a season for a season. He is 35/35 but has great experience, strong and good in the air. I think he would do a good job as a target man for a short period.

As I have said I like that Csaba will be looking to develop our own youngsters but I also think (as im sure Csaba knows himself) that we need some experince down the spine of the team.

Ive just mentioned Balde. So how about getting someone like Brain McBride in upfront in for a season for a season. He is 35/35 but has great experience, strong and good in the air. I think he would do a good job as a target man for a short period.

Brian McBride would cost a fortune for little (IMO) gain. Experienced players that have JUST stopped getting five figure sums do not drop down to four figure sums easily. Also, I am not sure how much we would get out of him, he did not play a full season LAST year. On his day, a good striker, but for the cash we would have to pay, he would be eligible for one of the other top threads today in no time.

Patrick Bateman
So how about getting someone like Brain McBride in upfront in for a season for a season. He is 35/35 but has great experience, strong and good in the air. I think he would do a good job as a target man for a short period.

Why not go for Hernan Crespo, he's been freed by Chelsea and I'm sure he'd sign for ?10k a week.

Archived