Transfer Targets (merged threads)

LarrysRightFoot

Can you imagine how many yellow/red cards Balde would get at Hearts?

Yeh, if balde was playing for us or any other non-OF team in the league he would get sent off a lot. He's a thug who consistently fouled throughout most games I saw him in. Only got away with it because of the OF bias.

I'd make a cheeky bid for Reading's Kevin Doyle. They got him for 100k or less and he has a good goalscoring record. He went off the boil in his second season in the Premiership but looked dynamite in the first. Previously played in the Irish league so won't dismiss the SPL out of hand and he'll play for his national team if he's rattling them in for us. He'll probably want to see out his contract assuming he's still on Premiership wages despite being relegated.

heartsfc_fan

IMO I think we should go for Tam Scobbie at Falkirk - full back (surely won't command a big fee).

Niculae from Inverness (again, as reading the papers etc caley will sell for ?500K).

Russell Anderson (maybe ?500K too? he won't play for sunderland again I reckon!).

Tim Krul (SP?) goalkeeper on loan at Falkirk last year and he is a newcastle player but I reckon they could do a wee deal with him. He has been good from what I've seen.

Come on Vlad!! that lot won't command more than ?1.5 Million! Win the fans back with some quality brought in and at the same time the "Vlad mentality" they can be sold on for a profit in 2-3 years (!)

siegementality

I don't think, although I hope I'm wrong, we will sign anyone of note before the season starts. I think we'll be spun the "by the time the manager was appointed and assessed the squad it was too late to bring anyone in/the manager is not looking to buy for the sake of buying" pish.

Romaknob prefers to see money coming in rather than out nowadays. His choice of player has led to the him losing money hand over fist.

Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere but right down at the bottom, it discusses Csaba, Hearts and possible links with a few of the Ugandan players mentioned....

http://www.monitor.co.ug/artman/publish/MarkSsali/Life_after_Csaba_68266.shtml

Don't think our relationship with Mulindwa will be worth 'consummating' after today's news re: reporting us to FIFA though...

tartofmidlothian
Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere but right down at the bottom, it discusses Csaba, Hearts and possible links with a few of the Ugandan players mentioned....

http://www.monitor.co.ug/artman/publish/MarkSsali/Life_after_Csaba_68266.shtml

Don't think our relationship with Mulindwa will be worth 'consummating' after today's news re: reporting us to FIFA though...

Heh, "billionaire Vladimir Romanov." I take it that's in Ugandan terms!

Heh, "billionaire Vladimir Romanov." I take it that's in Ugandan terms!

The Ugandan press don't like him much either, it would seem. Having been done out of 100k by a billionaire sounds worse than if he was just a measly millionaire I suppose...

They'll be referring to him as 'Mad Vlad' in no time. ;)

shaun.lawson
Does anybody think theres anything in the Bobo Balde rumour that was going round a few days ago on here?

From BBC Gossip column: "Defender Bobo Balde is set to leave Celtic a year before the end of his contract after reaching an amicable agreement with the Glasgow club. (Daily Record)"

I think he could do a job for us and a tough uncompromising defender is what we need. He would get stuck right in and give others an example to follow.

Although I take on board what was said about him previously that playing for us he would end up getting sent off a lot more than he ever did at Celtic. I also think that his wages would be a stumbling block but who knows?

I think the Boo Boo Baldy (props to another poster on here for that!) rumour was based on the remarkable resemblance between one of the Ugandan players we were linked with and the Celtic, um, hard man. Cos we ain't gonna be paying Balde's wages, no doubt about that!

tartofmidlothian
The Ugandan press don't like him much either, it would seem. Having been done out of 100k by a billionaire sounds worse than if he was just a measly millionaire I suppose...

They'll be referring to him as 'Mad Vlad' in no time. ;)

"No-one likes us (in Uganda), we don't care" ;)

rumbles1874

i did read that they have broke his contract by not paying him for 2months, so how can they claim money for some one that they didn't pay i say give them the money csaba to hit them for what he is due from them.

WeeToonJambo
IMO I think we should go for Tam Scobbie at Falkirk - full back (surely won't command a big fee).

Niculae from Inverness (again, as reading the papers etc caley will sell for ?500K).

Russell Anderson (maybe ?500K too? he won't play for sunderland again I reckon!).

Tim Krul (SP?) goalkeeper on loan at Falkirk last year and he is a newcastle player but I reckon they could do a wee deal with him. He has been good from what I've seen.

Come on Vlad!! that lot won't command more than ?1.5 Million! Win the fans back with some quality brought in and at the same time the "Vlad mentality" they can be sold on for a profit in 2-3 years (!)

I'm not normally one to hold a grudge but in the case of Scobbie I'm prepared to make an exception. He was responsible for a foul on Beslija in a reserve game at Forthbank that could have ended his career there and then (I know, some would say it has done just that since I don't think he hasn't played for us since!). It was one of the worst I've ever seen, how he only received a yellow card I'll never know, and it resulted in Valdas falling out big time with the referee at full time. I think anyone who was at that game will agree. There again, he's a "guid, hoanest scottish laddie", so maybe it was just a mistimed tackle.:whistling:

I'm not normally one to hold a grudge but in the case of Scobbie I'm prepared to make an exception. He was responsible for a foul on Beslija in a reserve game at Forthbank that could have ended his career there and then (I know, some would say it has done just that since I don't think he hasn't played for us since!). It was one of the worst I've ever seen, how he only received a yellow card I'll never know, and it resulted in Valdas falling out big time with the referee at full time. I think anyone who was at that game will agree. There again, he's a "guid, hoanest scottish laddie", so maybe it was just a mistimed tackle.:whistling:

I may be wrong but I've also never seen anything to suggest that Scobbie is as good a player as some people think. Yogi talks him up all the time and I think he's managed to create a bit of a buzz about him. I've yet to see anything to justify this.

On the other hand, I'd have Scott Arfield here in a second!

Scott wilson: Dunferlmine. Would not cost much and would not demand high wages. Would make a great stop gap partner for berra this season, even untill January to allow Shabba to fully assess what he has.

Stand out @ dunfermline and has a good experienced head. Perfect to play along side Berra.

The only way I would not want to take Wilson is ...if Shabba really wants to start and play the ball on the deck...it might be a bit late in Scotts career to try and teach an old dog new tricks.

if you are at the game tonight have a look and see what you think.

Why not go for Hernan Crespo, he's been freed by Chelsea and I'm sure he'd sign for ?10k a week.

:laugh:

I honestly don't think we should be getting hung up on identifying individual players because we'll only be disappointed when they don't arrive.

Whilst Laslo may well have the majority of control over first team training, selection and tactics he is unlikely to have a say on the actual player purchase.

For example, he will say to the board I need a new right back who overlaps well, a strong tackling defensive midfielder and a target man striker. The board will then scour the market for players and sign the approriate one based on the required attributes, value for money, potential sell on value and so on.

The coach is unlikely to have any say in the actual identity of these players just the attributes they should possess.

This is the way it is done regularly in Europe (Italy particularly) and is how we've tried to do it here in recent years.

I honestly don't think we should be getting hung up on identifying individual players because we'll only be disappointed when they don't arrive.

Whilst Laslo may well have the majority of control over first team training, selection and tactics he is unlikely to have a say on the actual player purchase.

For example, he will say to the board I need a new right back who overlaps well, a strong tackling defensive midfielder and a target man striker. The board will then scour the market for players and sign the approriate one based on the required attributes, value for money, potential sell on value and so on.

The coach is unlikely to have any say in the actual identity of these players just the attributes they should possess.

This is the way it is done regularly in Europe (Italy particularly) and is how we've tried to do it here in recent years.

Since Burley that is nothing like what Hearts have done in recent years.

Guest JamboRobbo

Is it really? So what happened? Did Valdas go to Vlad and say "I'd like 3 ****e right backs, a couple of rubbish wingers who can't beat a man and can't cross, and a big lump of a striker with no touch who can't run?" :P

There is an element of what you say that might go on in other clubs but that isnt what has been happening at Hearts.

One other difference is that at most clubs that work this system there will be a decent scouting network.

Our scouting network appears to be : Vlad, a couple of agents who are pals with Vlad, our stadium co-ordinator on a jolly to South America, a filing cabinet with print outs from Football Manager (marked 1, 2 or 3) and Kaunas

It is crucial Csaba has a say in signings to some extent because Vlad's interpretation of what we need is fundamentally flawed (on the evidence of the last 30 months transfer activities)

JR/JT, totally agree with your comments. I did type in my original post 'that's how've tried to do it in recent years (but not very successfully)' but deleted the last bit!!

Is it really? So what happened? Did Valdas go to Vlad and say "I'd like 3 ****e right backs, a couple of rubbish wingers who can't beat a man and can't cross, and a big lump of a striker with no touch who can't run?" :P

...dont want to disagree but on current evidence it was 3 big lumps of strikers with no touch....if at first...

JR/JT, totally agree with your comments. I did type in my original post 'that's how've tried to do it in recent years (but not very successfully)' but deleted the last bit!!

Didnt mean to ambush you

I think the system is workable (although not preferrable) but the way Hearts are set up it doesnt appear to have enough "football" people involved in the process.

And Vlad's shopping sprees, by and large, have been disasterous.

Think the priority for the squad this season must be two new full backs, two strikers and a goalkeeper.

I would go for Horwood (LB from Carlisle), Richardson (RB from Leeds), Killen (ST from Celtic), Niculae (ST from Inverness) and Westwood (GK from Carlisle). Also would like us to maybe look at signing Gow from Rangers, O'Dea from Celtic, Barr from Falkirk and Thompson from Linfield. I know it's a lot of signings but we need to shake things up and also need to empty some of our dross that we have.

Here's hoping that the manager actually gets some decent players in, and quickly.

Think the priority for the squad this season must be two new full backs, two strikers and a goalkeeper.

I would go for Horwood (LB from Carlisle), Richardson (RB from Leeds), Killen (ST from Celtic), Niculae (ST from Inverness) and Westwood (GK from Carlisle). Also would like us to maybe look at signing Gow from Rangers, O'Dea from Celtic, Barr from Falkirk and Thompson from Linfield. I know it's a lot of signings but we need to shake things up and also need to empty some of our dross that we have.

Here's hoping that the manager actually gets some decent players in, and quickly.

No idea who half of those players are.

But I think we need a new spine to the team - dominating goalie, dominating centre half, dominating/ballwinning/organising holding midfielder and a strong player up front who can hold the ball. That is the bare minimum to get top six in my opinion.

Luxury adds would be a striker with pace/poaching ability. Also need backup full backs.

Charlie-Brown

Charlie Mulgrew of Wolves mentioned earlier in this thread has just signed for Aberdeen.

grumpyespana

We can speculate all we want, players like Killen,Gow,Balde & Niculae are not good enough for us Csabe will bring in his own players and this is the exciting bit we have no idea who they are. Csabe can talk the talk hopefully he can walk the walk personally this feels like it can good be a good year for the jambos.

Grumpy.

If Hearts were to sign only two new players during the summer, what position would you like them to play?

Horwood was a defender for Gretna, NO defenders from Gretna come out with credit.

Richardson, I saw play recently in the play off semi finals (both legs) and was quite impressed I have to say.

Killen is not a player I am a fan of tbh

Niculae, as already stated, too much money for not enough goals.

Westwood, never heard of him

Gow, turned us down at least twice, no thanks

O'Dea, overrated young player IMO

Barr, great shout IMO

Thomson, I know the name but have never seen him play.

Jambof3tornado

I really dont like to speculate because I just set myself up for a fall when no one comes in that I have heard of!!!

Csaba does bring with him a knowledge of africa which may exceed the range of Vlads spyplanes. That wouldnt be a bad market to tempt a few players from.

Mon the Jt's.Believing on and off since 1874!!!!;)

Drylaw Hearts

We need 2 strikers more than anything.

We could get by with what we've got - but we'd be utter pants.

We need 2 strikers more than anything.

We could get by with what we've got - but we'd be utter pants.

I would be happy with just one striker to help develop Glen and then an attacking midfielder.

Not sure why my thread ended up in here... :wacko:

I would suggest it was because it was largely the same as this thread. :)

In answer to your tangent, I would suggest that our priorities should be

Striker

Left Full Back

Right Full Back

Striker

Centre Half

Attacking Central Midfielder

We_are_the_Hearts
I would suggest it was because it was largely the same as this thread. :)

In answer to your tangent, I would suggest that our priorities should be

Striker

Left Full Back

Right Full Back

Striker

Centre Half

Attacking Central Midfielder

I would go:

Striker

Right Full Back

Left Full Back

Striker

Centre Half

One striker with the ability to drop off and play in the hole if required.

I would be happy with just one striker to help develop Glen and then an attacking midfielder.

Surely Kingston can fulfil that role?

Surely Kingston can fulfil that role?

Will be interesting to see how Csaba plays Kingston in the team.

Archived