• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

No Idle Talk

Nothing sweeter than shoving it right up that lot at New Year. The likes of John Collins can clutch at all the straws they want but we are a distance ahead of them right now. Just as we have been for most of the past four decades. 

As a team I didn't think it was our best performance but there were some exceptional individual performances within it. Robert Snodgrass was class again. Toby Sibbick was excellent too. Kye Rowles was his usual solid self. 

Having more possession does not mean you deserved to win the match. The better team won today. It is that simple.

A fantastic way to start 2023. 🙂

Francis Albert

Great result. Good first half. Awful second ... until the third goal. 

Worth saying the Hearts TV PPV coverage was excellent. No lag and no buffering. Good commentary and decent HT and full time highlights and analysis.

Edited by Francis Albert

Struggling to pick out what I enjoyed more, the game or listening to John Collins' saltiness on sportsound coming home.

Happy New Year folks 😃

20 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

What's happening with our capacity these days. 

18,980 at game . Was there really 1000 empty seats ?

Lose about 400 with areas next to corners at Roseburn. 

54 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

That Rocky is great to watch. Hilarious watching him try to defend. His attempted clearance where he ends up on his face had me howling 🤣🤣

It’s hilarious, listening to them trying to convince themselves that he’s a good defender.

The boy is utter pony :rofl:

Comprehensive derby win today. Didn’t need to get out of 1st gear 2nd half as they had nearly 0 to offer apart from a couple of chance which big Zander dealt with. Delighted today. Yaaaasss. 😁😁😁😁

2 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

anyone else's picture quality on Alba not great or is it just my interneT? 

Pretty normal. Mediocre. Can get better picture from iplayer.

1 minute ago, benny said:

Any photos of wee team players applauding an empty end.😄

And getting told where to go by the few ******s that were still there

Francis Albert
39 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

What's happening with our capacity these days. 

18,980 at game . Was there really 1000 empty seats ?

19852 seems to be quoted as our capacity down from 20099 when the new stand was first built. So yes today we seem.to have been nearly 1000 short of current nameplate capacity. Since the attendance figure is based on seats sold and we sold out it does seem a bit odd even allowing for the (pretty pointless) cordoned off seats in the lower Roseburn.

Edited by Francis Albert

Worthing Jambo
24 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Great result. Good first half. Awful second ... until the third goal. 

Worth saying the Hearts TV PPV coverage was excellent. No lag and no buffering. Good commentary and decent HT and full time highlights and analysis.

👍 Agree, very good coverage.

37 minutes ago, briever said:

Another in the long line of wee rodent faced fuds playing up front for the hobbos.

Very well said!!!:laugh:

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Did you miss his dummy and pass for the 3rd goal?

This. He's about the only midfielder that we have going forward who can play a pass like that. He needs to do more but he's a player that's for sure. 

21 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Just in.

:pleasing:

John Collins hurting on the radio and Michael Stewart putting him in his place.

Yeah, had a good laugh listening to that bitter clown on the way home.

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Only team outside the OF with a positive goal difference. 

Sorry Aberdeen still +1.

allystrachan
6 minutes ago, Mister T said:

I thought that was quite amusing. The hubs players would have been better off scuttling away. 

Why was the referee giving Hibs a free kick at the penalty when the linesman was running towards the halfway line?

1 hour ago, OTT said:

The Hearts TV camera man needs to have a word with himself, spent far too long lingering on things rather than keeping up with play.

I think you'll find that video feed was from BBC Alba as lengthy shots of the benches or fans when the ball is in play is a feature of their editing.

So far they've got away without a disaster such as the entire planet missing Roberto Baggio's penalty to keep Italy in the 1994 as the U.S. TV feed was focussed on a lengthy shot of his wife in the crowd!   (he missed!  😁)

1 minute ago, inspector said:

Why was the referee giving Hibs a free kick at the penalty when the linesman was running towards the halfway line?

Because he hadn't a clue what had happened and that was the easy way out.  That's been a typical feature of Scottish refereeing for as long as I can remember.  Despite the lengthy delay, which was bizarre since the camera shot from behind the goal clearly showed Bushiri handling the ball from Devlin's shot before Sibbick touched the ball, VAR finally got Clancy's incorrect decision corrected.

periodictabledancer
6 minutes ago, inspector said:

He pointed for a goal IIRC. 

16 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Anybody?

Hackney Hearts
37 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes. BUT - does my head in that they focus on the dugout (or somewhere else off the the field) for AGES while the game is actually in progress! What's that all about??

SomethingAboutObua
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

19852 seems to be quoted as our capacity down from 20099 when the new stand was first built. So yes today we seem.to have been nearly 1000 short of current nameplate capacity. Since the attendance figure is based on seats sold and we sold out it does seem a bit odd even allowing for the (pretty pointless) cordoned off seats in the lower Roseburn.

Just did a wee sum and I think there's about 269 seats that were cordoned off in the Roseburn. I could believe there were maybe 700 single seats left unused but still seems a lot 

Hackney Hearts
31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Probably fair enough Bushiri wasn't sent off but did deny clear goal. 

Not sure this sentence makes sense?

58 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Watching hibs is like watching Wimbledon of the 90’s with less football.

As someone who watched a lot of Wimbledon in the 1990's, I can say they'd rag doll that H*bs team, and play a lot better football.

For me the biggest talking point was how Cadden stayed on the pitch after his assault on Halliday and secondly why Hibs players have strange names like McGreedy, Hibsit and that weirdo McKirdy

Edited by OldGorgie

12 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

He pointed for a goal IIRC. 

Had his arm at about 45degrees i thought, not a goal not an offside was just bizarre. 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Unlucky again……I mean if you hadn’t shipped 3 goals and scored 1 yourself you would have won today yes.  I’m sure you’ll be lucky next time…..meanwhile we continue to increase our dominance over your lot.

First 5 minutes we were all over you 😁 What we saw today was the usual Hibs gifting you goals and you not having to do all that much to win. Been there a thousand times, congratulations on your win. See you at ER later in the month. I'll go 3-1 Hibs

9 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Just did a wee sum and I think there's about 269 seats that were cordoned off in the Roseburn. I could believe there were maybe 700 single seats left unused but still seems a lot 

How many are lost with the second tunnel in the Wheatfield?

2 minutes ago, JoeHarper said:

First 5 minutes we were all over you 😁 What we saw today was the usual Hibs gifting you goals and you not having to do all that much to win. Been there a thousand times, congratulations on your win. See you at ER later in the month. I'll go 3-1 Hibs

None of them were gifts. A gift is allowing Cadden to stay on the pitch when he should have seen a second yellow, and Bashiri sent off for handball stopping the ball going into the net.

Serious question.  How many real chances on goal were there in that awe inspiring,total football first 5 minute's?

Hackney Hearts

Been there a thousand times, congratulations on your win. See you at ER later in the month. I'll go 3-1 Hibs

"Been there a thousand times" - what makes you think it's going to be any different later in the month?

:lol:

Shanks said no

GIRFUY you dirty vermin scum

enjoyed that, bensons was having a party but service was atrocious 

86925DB1-F935-4D3E-998E-953F998AB826.jpeg

E9266E00-C4B4-4A7B-8BFD-83C8A64F4A27.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Serious question.  How many real chances on goal were there in that awe inspiring,total football first 5 minute's?

Did you not notice I was being facetious? Let me try again, it was a game of 2 halves, you faired better than us in your better spell 😄

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

It was like a library in the 2nd half until you scored that 3rd. I've heard it way louder (unfortunately)

RalphieCifaretto

Great win. Didn't think we were excellent, but to win the derby 3-0, all credit to Robbie and the players.

Delighted for Zander Clark, celebrated his save like a goal. Also huge tackle from Sibbick in the first half. Snodgrass, brilliant to watch his quality and composure on the ball.

Feel this team can only get better.