***** Heart of Midlothian Football Club vs hibs *****

Sooks

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, JoeHarper said:

First 5 minutes we were all over you 😁 What we saw today was the usual Hibs gifting you goals and you not having to do all that much to win. Been there a thousand times, congratulations on your win. See you at ER later in the month. I'll go 3-1 Hibs

Look……I’ll simplify this for you……..your lot were second in a boxing match…..get it?

Oh….and you’ll continue to be second (with the odd exception).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

Aussie Jambo
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Love watching Stevenson being brushed aside by Humphrys.

100%. Hibs lagged behind us in most of this game. Our fitness coach is doing his job. 

1 hour ago, 151 said:

It started from college football (USA) by Justin Jefferson i believe and he and Ja'marr Chase do it regularly in the NFL. It is also an emote (a dance) on Fortnite.

Didn’t know Ja’marr did it and I’m a Bengals man 😀

colinmorewasgash
37 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Look……I’ll simplify this for you……..your lot were second in a boxing match…..get it?

Oh….and you’ll continue to be second (with the odd exception).

Only way we wd lose 3 1 to tht shit is to be down to 10 men as thats only time they seem to win a game at home v anyone these days.

FlfAUbHWYAMqy8P.jpeg.jpg

36 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Didn’t know Ja’marr did it and I’m a Bengals man 😀

Yeh mate alot of touchdowns last year he did it and also at LSU.

5 hours ago, JoeHarper said:

First 5 minutes we were all over you 😁 What we saw today was the usual Hibs gifting you goals and you not having to do all that much to win. Been there a thousand times, congratulations on your win. See you at ER later in the month. I'll go 3-1 Hibs

Are you going to become a football team by then? You're getting pumped rotten as per. GIRFUY 😂

Aussie Jambo
5 minutes ago, Vit1874 said:

Are you going to become a football team by then? You're getting pumped rotten as per. GIRFUY 😂

Crying themselves to sleep with an arm full of scag. Obviously no the full breakfast. 

14 minutes ago, leginten said:

Last 3-0 win against them was in 1990, I think.

It was.

The last Hearts 3-0 Hibs at Tynecastle was 1911/12.

Bizarre but true. 🤪

Edited by martoon

3 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Crying themselves to sleep with an arm full of scag. Obviously no the full breakfast. 

Things you love to see 😍

Aussie Jambo
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Not enough balaclavas imo. 

Coz they're too hard to wear them. LoL. Polis would ken who most of them were anyway. Mobile phones. Silly fuds. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Couldn't watch it live because we were coming back from the inlaws. I appreciate Hearts TV's dada/cinema verité approach to including all 5 minutes of VAR review in the highlights and the goal review.

Lovely win, looking forward to watching it.

11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jorge Grant pass for 3rd goal 

Stunning pass.

Devlin's work and cross for the first goal was also a joy, making Hibs look utter pish

colinmorewasgash

Hibs fc fans the gift that keeps on giving. 

So far since yest win I have heard the cockend brazil confidence for cup return game.

They bossed 2nd half they' ll hump us in cup at fester. 

Macgennis and Mcgeady will be fully fit. 

Porto will be back unless he's sold.

Their Ukrainian striker thats like haaland will be fit. 

Wider pitch play to their strength.

Wee Lee will be sacked by then. New manager bounce. 

They are at home and have fans behind them. 

And Robbie craps it and hasn't won there. 

jeez what a deluded shower.

Discuss.

Starting to get the feeling 3rd could be almost as comfortable as last season come the end. I don't think the sheep are having a bad patch and I don't think sacking the manger would change anything. They just are that shite. 

7 hours ago, XB52 said:

Was discussing this with my son at the game. There were 3 decisions for var to consider. 1, was Sibbick offside and, although very close, he was so the goal couldn't stand. 2, was it hand ball that stopped the goal, yes it was so a penalty. 3, was it deliberate hand ball so a red card, obviously they decided it wasn't so just a yellow. Agree it took far too long but at least the right decision was reached

I think they reached the correct decision re the penalty and offside, but i think Bashiri should've been sent off.  He quite clearly dives in the direction of the ball, his only defence would be the Hibs player in front of him who gets a touch. 

Considering he kept his arms in it was a pretty good save, better than any Marshall made in the game.  Better than any Joel Pereira made in his life.

3 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

So far since yest win I have heard the cockend brazil confidence for cup return game.

Discuss.

Coming out with that sort of kak is all they can do short of committing suicide en masse. It makes it more fun for us that they live on in fantasy and abject misery.

8 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Not enough balaclavas imo. 

My first reaction.  Disappointing.  Or should we be copying what Rangers have, like how Hibs have copied Celtic?  So, what's that?  Sashes?  Scabies?

2 hours ago, WageThief said:

I think they reached the correct decision re the penalty and offside, but i think Bashiri should've been sent off.  He quite clearly dives in the direction of the ball, his only defence would be the Hibs player in front of him who gets a touch. 

Considering he kept his arms in it was a pretty good save, better than any Marshall made in the game.  Better than any Joel Pereira made in his life.

Even given the deflection, I think he intentionally moves his arms to it to save it and it's definitely going in.  It's a red all day imo.  Can't understand why it wouldn't be.  Perhaps the stramash, offside etc destracts from that decision but especially with VAR, every element should be seen in isolation and that's a red card.

Cadden committed 3 what I'd call yellow card offences first half.  He was lucky the first one was in the first 5 mins or so as 20 mins later, he'd have seen a yellow, late sliding tackle, nowhere near getting the ball and crunched our player.  His yellow was an easy decision as we were on break and he tried to foul Baz 2/3 times.  Then he was late on Cochrane.  Something of a coming together, but he got there late... Not blaming the ref here as such as not clear cut, but he was lucky to stay on the park.  We had two players sent of against Celtic earlier in the season and the sum of their offences were way less than his yesterday.

Then the studdy challenge from Campbel early in the 2nd half.  Again, not going to blame ref, not sure it was a stick on red, but it's certainly more of a red than more than half of the reds Hibs have had in their favour this season and as much of a red as the likes of Grant v Motherwell and perhaps even Cam v Rangers.  Again, very very lucky.

Perhaps the difference is our players are professionals.  We didn't surround the ref, we didn't roll around squealing or confront Campbell, we just get on with it.  Had all of these incidents been the other way round, you'd see a very different reaction from the Hibs players.  Would we also then see a very different reaction from the officials?  You'd like to think not, but I'm not so sure.

So, should we be partaking in those arts?  Should we try to seek advantage by basically cheating?  I'm glad we don't, personally.  If it's the difference between 1pt and 3, or 0pts and 3, does this challenge my ethics!?!  Duno!!!  What is clear is that if it wasn't for all this good fortune a lot of it brought on by their cheating, they'd be rock bottom of the league.

I mean, everyone saying 2 wins from 11, can we please remember one of these wins was Livingston, already missing their most influencial players (Nouble) and having a man wrongly sent off.

We've had no luck this season.  None.  Even yesterday, both fullbacks, who'd be comfortable all game, having to come off at the same time with 40 mins to go!  Come on man!!!  Hibs have had every bit of luck handed to them (though you have to acknowledge some injuries over there too).  And look at the gap.

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, XB52 said:

Was discussing this with my son at the game. There were 3 decisions for var to consider. 1, was Sibbick offside and, although very close, he was so the goal couldn't stand. 2, was it hand ball that stopped the goal, yes it was so a penalty. 3, was it deliberate hand ball so a red card, obviously they decided it wasn't so just a yellow. Agree it took far too long but at least the right decision was reached

Decent point ref red card. That could have been tricky to decide!

Ex member of the SaS

Fantastic win and some really nice passages of play and good goals. However once again poor subs, poor passing and messing around the defense nearly cost us. Cut out these mistakes and we will be challenging Sevco sooner than some thought( including myself ) .

Ex member of the SaS

Maybe going back too far in my memory, but should we not have had the choice of the goal or a penalty? I seem to remember this was once the case, but maybe age and senility are kicking in. We scored but could have missed the penalty so obviously we would have taken the goal and Sibbick would have got it.

Jack Torrance
10 hours ago, Barack said:

In those highlights sounds and looks to me the ref gave offside and blew just before Toby scored. Lino had given the goal. Bit of a mix up but happy VAR, despite taking ages, got it right.

Jingle Bells
11 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

If you watch it again. Sibbick was actually pushed onto an offside position. Bashiri clearly pushes him. VAR also failed to see that. SFA love to cheat us at any cost. 

Petrie was probably present in the VAR room.

upgotheheads

Sportscene extended highlights highlight are up and make great viewing.

Lawrence Shankland running up for the penalty, just glances to the left before sweeping the ball to his right.

His positioning and movement for the first goal.

Cammy's brilliant tenacity and Gino's sharpness at the first goal.

Zander Clarks brilliant multiple stops.

Highlights indeed🙂.

4 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Discuss.

It's that kind of hope that a) they never learn from and b) we ****ing love!

As others have posted numerous times over the years, you wouldn't want your Hibs any other way.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

My first reaction.  Disappointing.  Or should we be copying what Rangers have, like how Hibs have copied Celtic?  So, what's that?  Sashes?  Scabies?

Gout?

22 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Fantastic win and some really nice passages of play and good goals. However once again poor subs, poor passing and messing around the defense nearly cost us. Cut out these mistakes and we will be challenging Sevco sooner than some thought( including myself ) .

We scored a goal and kept a clean sheet after the subs. As discussed on other threads, the CB combo who were brilliant all night were preserved. It worked. We lost a bit of control down the wings - but remained extremely solid in the middle, shut them out and scored. We have no idea how a switch to a back hour would have played out. 

The defense passed the ball pretty well. The Devlin one on half way has nothing to do with the ball retention at the back narrative. 

Nearly cost us what? We were extremely comfortable all game. 

But totally agree with your last sentiment. We would be half way there if it was not for injuries. If we get to another cup final, it will be interesting . 

9 minutes ago, CMc said:

Gout?

Does Buckie give you gout?  It is rather rich, I suppose.  I mean, I'd usually think Port, but I guess it could be done!

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Does Buckie give you gout?  It is rather rich, I suppose.  I mean, I'd usually think Port, but I guess it could be done!

They’re both fortified wine TBF. And a lot of these guys look like they were weaned on pork pies and live off 10 roll and sausage a day. 

0B96D301-4BBD-4569-911A-C3A9E20BC125.jpeg

Just now, CMc said:

They’re both fortified wine TBF. And a lot of these guys look like they were weaned on pork pies and live off 10 roll and sausage a day. 

0B96D301-4BBD-4569-911A-C3A9E20BC125.jpeg

You are completely correct.  I think gout could be achieved.

So that's decided.  To be purple huns and join in with hibs and their big cousins, our ultras need sashes, scabies and to develop gout.

Kids these days!

Just now, TheBigO said:

You are completely correct.  I think gout could be achieved.

So that's decided.  To be purple huns and join in with hibs and their big cousins, our ultras need sashes, scabies and to develop gout.

Kids these days!

Will notify the Gorgie fish bar. 

indianajones
12 hours ago, Cameronstheman said:

That we laddy's reaction Shanlands second.. amazing 

and the third. Wee kid gets it.

Well done dad.

Francis Albert
18 hours ago, davie1980 said:

This Hearts TV player is woeful.

Needs sorted out if you're paying £12.99 to watch a game 

Worked perfectly for me. No hint of buffering and did not notice any out of sync sound or lag. By  A couple of occasions when the camera showed off field picture while the game was going on but I think that was down to Alba. Commentary was how I like it ... Very Hearts biased but honest when we went off the boil. HT and full time highlights and discussion good. Best £12.99 I have spent for a long time. Well done Hearts TV.

Ex member of the SaS
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Worked perfectly for me. No hint of buffering and did not notice any out of sync sound or lag. By  A couple of occasions when the camera showed off field picture while the game was going on but I think that was down to Alba. Commentary was how I like it ... Very Hearts biased but honest when we went off the boil. HT and full time highlights and discussion good. Best £12.99 I have spent for a long time. Well done Hearts TV.

Nothing to do with Alba and it was very frustrating, especially watching Robbies reactions to something we could not see.

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Nothing to do with Alba and it was very frustrating, especially watching Robbies reactions to something we could not see.

Not true, it's Alba's cameras at the game, Alba's stream we used. It's been like that for years when we're their 6pm game.

22 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Buggered if I know what happened with mine. Maybe 10 decent pauses through the game.

Couple of times it was long enough that I had to select another player from the options at the bottom of the page.

My wifi speed is fine and I watch Amazon, Netflix, Disney plus, YouTube and Sky Go on that laptop without interuption.

Even Hesgoal is usually more solid.

6 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Discuss.

Good summary! It never fails to amaze me how - and more particularly why - so many Hibs fans seem to display such confidence going into a derby match.

I mean, it can’t be based on learned experience, can it? Are their memory banks erased after every game? Are they injecting “Deludamol”?

38 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I unfortunately had to watch on PPV (dont ask, was a cluster**** of a thing).  Thought the coverage was excellent.  The commentary was superb.  Partisan, but professional (well done @Laurie)

Only thing that was driving me totally mental was the prolonged focus on the benches, crowd, close up on players, while the ball was in play.  Who actually wants that?  It adds nothing, we all just want to see the game.  Not sure what director would want this added!!! Grrrrr

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Buggered if I know what happened with mine. Maybe 10 decent pauses through the game.

Couple of times it was long enough that I had to select another player from the options at the bottom of the page.

My wifi speed is fine and I watch Amazon, Netflix, Disney plus, YouTube and Sky Go on that laptop without interuption.

Even Hesgoal is usually more solid.

Strange. My wfi is not top notch and I often suffer buffering, pauses and loss of stream on Netfix, Amazon etc and never got Hesgoal to work for more than ten minutes at a time  but yesterday with Hearts TV no problem whatsoever on my lap top ("casting" to the Smart TV is way beyond my competence). The live video coverage for ST holders on Hearts TV during Covid ground closure also operated reliably but with slightly more lag than yesterday's PPV.

Edited by Francis Albert

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I unfortunately had to watch on PPV (dont ask, was a cluster**** of a thing).  Thought the coverage was excellent.  The commentary was superb.  Partisan, but professional (well done @Laurie)

Only thing that was driving me totally mental was the prolonged focus on the benches, crowd, close up on players, while the ball was in play.  Who actually wants that?  It adds nothing, we all just want to see the game.  Not sure what director would want this added!!! Grrrrr

Thanks TBO, I appreciate that. 

In regards to the camera work, as someone else has mentioned this is down to the BBC. For a game that is covered by the BBC, BT, Sky etc the match pictures come from them. Hearts TV control what goes out from our studio (Rob and Gary), and also things like the video clips we cut to or the graphics that come up on screen. But the main pictures come from the host broadcaster, which is why I have to wrap up quite promptly at the end of each half - because they often cut away from the match feed rather quickly for an Alba game! 

1 minute ago, Laurie said:

Thanks TBO, I appreciate that. 

In regards to the camera work, as someone else has mentioned this is down to the BBC. For a game that is covered by the BBC, BT, Sky etc the match pictures come from them. Hearts TV control what goes out from our studio (Rob and Gary), and also things like the video clips we cut to or the graphics that come up on screen. But the main pictures come from the host broadcaster, which is why I have to wrap up quite promptly at the end of each half - because they often cut away from the match feed rather quickly for an Alba game! 

I was off the sofa more at those moments than I was at the goals haha!  "put the %%%%%^^&^ game back on ya idiots!!"  It does and doesn't help that you obviously keep commentating as you not only probably don't know it's cut to Lee Johnson's sad wee pus, but also you need to for audio.  So I know the game is still in swing and sounds like a breakaway is on or something.  It does not help nerves!!!