Zander

Bazzas right boot

18 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Hope so Dave.  Needs to hit the ground running at this important stage of the season.

Indeed. Big challenge for him. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• i wish jj was my dad

• Rods

• BackOfTheNet

24 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Plot twist 

Ross Stewart keeps Zander Clark on the bench

🤢

Absolutely nothing wrong with Ross Stewart. 

Good luck for the future Craig and for what it's worth even now, I'd still have you between the sticks before that hologram guy whose name intentionally escapes me.

Feel a bit for Zander as he’s obviously not going to be Craig Gordon. As long as he’s solid and dependable then he’ll be a good keeper for us

He is a good keeper and will be secure between the posts for us. This was a great bit of business. Just need to go and sign a decent centre half now 

Can Zander come for crosses? This was always CG’s main weakness. We’ve been so fortunate though. Anyone who follows him will feel like a downgrade.

19 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Can Zander come for crosses? This was always CG’s main weakness. We’ve been so fortunate though. Anyone who follows him will feel like a downgrade.

He also scores from crosses ... 👍

Naisys Tackle

"The reason we brought Zander in was because with Craig we hoped to be resting him, but he will be out for a longer period," Neilson said.

"It gives Zander the chance to come in. He is an international goalkeeper and I’m sure he will look forward to it.”

The way I see it if Zander had still been playing for St J he would have been top of a lot of people's lists to replace Craig.  

Zander will be more than decent for us. I know that St Johnstone fans were gutted to lose him.  I’ve every confidence that he’ll be excellent between the sticks.

13 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

My mate that's a St Johnstone fan reckons crosses and distribution are his biggest weaknesses. Often stays rooted to his line according to him. But says he's a good organiser and good shot stopper. Is prone to the occasional brain fart but improved massively on that side of it in the last 2 years.

I think he'll be very reliable for us and is about as good a backup as you could hope for but he'll quite obviously not be as good as Gordon as you say, so we shouldn't be judging to the same standards IMO.

On 24/12/2022 at 19:33, DH1986 said:

The reality is ZC isn’t anywhere near the same level as CG.

We are really going to have to strengthen the defence to compensate for losing the best GK in the country.

Yep. We are never going to replace Gordon with the same quality. Unless you produce a budget of say 30 million plus or produce your own (as we did with Gordon) then you simply have to work at the level we are at. At any time, Zander Clark would have been our established number 1 goalkeeper but obviously had Gordon in his way. Hopefully he seizes this opportunity with both hands. He won’t have a bigger or better opportunity again imo. 

5 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

My mate that's a St Johnstone fan reckons crosses and distribution are his biggest weaknesses. Often stays rooted to his line according to him. But says he's a good organiser and good shot stopper. Is prone to the occasional brain fart but improved massively on that side of it in the last 2 years.

I think he'll be very reliable for us and is about as good a backup as you could hope for but he'll quite obviously not be as good as Gordon as you say, so we shouldn't be judging to the same standards IMO.

Was just about to ask.

Craig wasn't so great with his distribution.

Often annoyed me that defenders would involve him in certain situations.

How is Clark with his feet?

The players seemed confident to give him the ball when he came on.