Zander

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

Thankfully we taken our time for a number 2 and got in a very good gk.

Time for the big man to stand up and fill some very big gloves. 

I'm confident he will.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• i wish jj was my dad

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

I have zero fear in him taking over between the sticks 

We will stiil have one of the best keepers in the league imo.

Hats off to the recruitment staff for  getting this in place early doors.

RustyRightPeg

Our new #1 for years to come. This is his time now. 

In truly awful circumstances. Unfortunately this is football sometimes. 

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, steve123 said:

100% now is his chance, was surprised he came in as a number 2 but have no worries about him.

Yep. I was astonished he accepted being no2 albeit to the absolute no1 but we could not have been blessed with a better deput if he has retained his St J form. 

Good luck big yin. 

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Yep. I was astonished he accepted being no2 albeit to the absolute no1 but we could not have been blessed with a better deput if he has retained his St J form. 

Good luck big yin. 

I wasn't surprised, was a smart long-term move. Gordon was going to be around for 1 or 2 seasons at most so was a chance for Clark to work with a top class keeper before becoming number one at the 3rd biggest club in the country. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I had a strange feeling at the back of my mind that Zander would be a big signing. 

Doesn’t bear thinking about this situation if Stewart was still the backup 

Expect him to be a good sub for Craig. Just hope he can pull off the same wonder saves. With our defence he'll need to.

Edited by colinmaroon

Was really surprised to see Zander Clark come on this season. Had to be some solid British clubs who would have liked him as a first choice option.

Poor circumstances, but here’s to a long, new era in goal for the Hearts. 

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Start of a legacy I hope. Got every confidence in him to be a huge player for us.

My feeling also. Huge gloves to fill but every confidence he will. Looked assured when he came on. Absolutely gutted for Gordon, truly gutted. Go on big Zander new Scotland number 1 in due course. 

Zero problems with Zander taking on the job.

He's been an excellent keeper in this league for many many years.

We couldn't really have asked for a better replacement.

There was obviously an agreed long term plan in place for him becoming number otherwise there would be no way he would have come in. 

What an opportunity he has to cement not his place for us but potentially Scotland as well. 

Important point needs to be made.

Gordon is the GOAT to many of us and to all he is absolute class.

But in the last 2 months alone he's had some absolute howlers.

Clarke is now getting his chance. He will make mistakes. We need to remember that no he isn't Gordon but Gordon also made mistakes. Unless he has some absolute shockers he shouldn't be hounded like so many others by sections of our support.

millerjames398

Obviously horrendous circumstances, big zander getting his chance, this way,,but I can see him staking a claim for the Scotland number 1 Jersey, as well as hearts now,,,he really is that good🇱🇻

i wish jj was my dad
19 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

My feeling also. Huge gloves to fill but every confidence he will. Looked assured when he came on. Absolutely gutted for Gordon, truly gutted. Go on big Zander new Scotland number 1 in due course. 

Every chance he will be but horrible circumstances to inherit the mantle. 

28 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

He's got a tough job filling in for Gordon. He'll smash it though.

He really has everything he does will be compared to Gordon

I was going to ask who were the people having a go at me for saying we needed a backup keeper in. Still having a go at me and others when the window closed before we signed Clark, saying I and others were overreacting. That Stewart proved against Celtic we didn’t need anyone. Interesting reading here considering who posted what back then.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I was going to ask who were the people having a go at me for saying we needed a backup keeper in. Still having a go at me and others when the window closed before we signed Clark, saying I and others were overreacting. That Stewart proved against Celtic we didn’t need anyone. Interesting reading here considering who posted what back then.

Yeh I said it too

i also said Gordon should have been given a rest for a while and come back in January 

50 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I’ve wanted Clark to get a chance for a while but obviously not under these circumstances. 

Gordon pulled off a worldie today. He always has this in him.

Been wanting to see Zander for some time now. Gutted to see Craig out in such circumstances, but go on big man. The whole club is with you.

The reality is ZC isn’t anywhere near the same level as CG.

We are really going to have to strengthen the defence to compensate for losing the best GK in the country.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Absolutes gutted for Craig and he is Scotland’s best keeper but are there any positives at all we can’t take from this?

I haven’t watched a lot of him but is he more likely to come out for crosses? Will his distribution with his feet help our playing it from the back style?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

He was a very shrewd signing. What happened today is tragic but at least we are in the fortunate position of having a very good backup goalkeeper who we can now turn to.

All the best, Zander. Do us proud.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I don't remember anybody saying that tbh and I find it an odd thing to be on your mind on a day like this. 

Zander is a v good keeper and if you asked me who I would have wanted as back up it would be him every day of the week.  I'm just delighted we got him cos he has very, very big boots to fill. 

In a funny way he will improve us defensively in terms of defending corners and free kicks into the box and he's more comfortable with the ball at his feet, the pay off is Craig is almost 2nd to none in terms of shot stopping .

14 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I don't remember anybody saying that tbh and I find it an odd thing to be on your mind on a day like this. 

Zander is a v good keeper and if you asked me who I would have wanted as back up it would be him every day of the week.  I'm just delighted we got him cos he has very, very big boots to fill. 

My thoughts are with Craig, of course they are. But this isn’t a thread about him, it’s about his backup. A backup that people were vehemently saying was not required and ridiculing anyone who had the gall to say we should have signed a backup. The OP being the main one, that’s what makes me double take. People so adamant a backup was not needed, to the point they mocked those who suggested injuries could happen, now suggesting the backup was a wise decision is just a massive contradiction is all. Almost spit out my gluwein!

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

My thoughts are with Craig, of course they are. But this isn’t a thread about him, it’s about his backup. A backup that people were vehemently saying was not required and ridiculing anyone who had the gall to say we should have signed a backup. The OP being the main one, that’s what makes me double take. People so adamant a backup was not needed, to the point they mocked those who suggested injuries could happen, now suggesting the backup was a wise decision is just a massive contradiction is all. Almost spit out my gluwein!

I don't remember any of that all tbh and up until the Celtic game folk were comparing Stewart to Pereira. I got rounded on for saying I thought that was pish.

If you are going to get on such a high horse about it, I don't fancy your chances with this lot if Robbie slots Callum in at the back and he isn't the disaster you are convinced he will be. 

On topic, Zander is as good as we can reasonably expect on our books as a replacement for Craig. The guy I really wanted but couldn't see him settling for the bench. I'm glad we got him when we did because I think the golden era we were fortunate enough to witness is over.  

I don’t think we could have asked for much more capable replacement. Just feels a bit odd since we haven’t seen anything of him since he joined.

I think we can expect a bit of a drop off in the world class save and overall shot stopping department (compared to Craigy) but an improvement in distribution and coming for high balls and crosses.

5 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I don't remember any of that all tbh and up until the Celtic game folk were comparing Stewart to Pereira. I got rounded on for saying I thought that was pish.

If you are going to get on such a high horse about it, I don't fancy your chances with this lot if Robbie slots Callum in at the back and he isn't the disaster you are convinced he will be. 

On topic, Zander is as good as we can reasonably expect on our books as a replacement for Craig. The guy I really wanted but couldn't see him settling for the bench. I'm glad we got him when we did because I think the golden era we were fortunate enough to witness is over.  

As you can imagine I was ecstatic when we got Clark. It would be easy to miss the backup keeper chat on deadline day, but it was definitely done and more so during the window itself. But yes Clark is an able deputy and I’m thankful we have him too.

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Thankfully we taken our time for a number 2 and got in a very good gk.

Time for the big man to stand up and fill some very big gloves. 

I'm confident he will.

He is a great signing and i echo your confidence in him. 

jamboinglasgow

Clark is a great keeper and the fact he can now step in shows how important a signing he was. Plus with Gordon out, it opens up the chance to play for Scotland. So hopefully he performs well enough for us to get the Scotland no 1 top in Craig's absence.  

Can you imagine if we hadn't signed Clark and today's injury.  The frothers would be baying for Savage and Neilson's blood and how we didn't have a clue in the recruitment front.

I think we are weaker with Gordon out but think we're in a better position having Clark than we would have been without.

8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Gordon, Halkett, benny and Boyce out.

A spine of any decent spfl team.

Brutal.

Exactly this and you didn’t even mention Kingsley. A credit to the recruitment that we can still compete without the spine of our time