• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• i wish jj was my dad

• Rods

• BackOfTheNet

11 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I don't remember anybody saying that tbh and I find it an odd thing to be on your mind on a day like this. 

Zander is a v good keeper and if you asked me who I would have wanted as back up it would be him every day of the week.  I'm just delighted we got him cos he has very, very big boots to fill. 

It's a completely baffling post. 

15 hours ago, Bauld said:

Important point needs to be made.

Gordon is the GOAT to many of us and to all he is absolute class.

But in the last 2 months alone he's had some absolute howlers.

Clarke is now getting his chance. He will make mistakes. We need to remember that no he isn't Gordon but Gordon also made mistakes. Unless he has some absolute shockers he shouldn't be hounded like so many others by sections of our support.

I love Gordon and hate what happened yesterday but a team who has had 2 clean sheets in 26 competitive games should most definitely have changed their keeper by now. 

21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I love Gordon and hate what happened yesterday but a team who has had 2 clean sheets in 26 competitive games should most definitely have changed their keeper by now. 

There's more to losing goals than just the goalkeeper. Lack of a commanding centre half for most of these games could also be a factor. 

Just hoping he is match sharp as we have a critical run of games coming up that will need him stepping up big time. Not sure how many bounce matches he's got since he's been with us but his last competitive game was May.

i wish jj was my dad
39 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You're just at it now. Go and open a bottle of something 

I think we signed him to replace Gordon, but perhaps did not expect it so soon, though I thought we might have given him one of the league games, when still in Europe. 

I have confidence in him.  He is no Gordon, but we were never going to replace Gordon with an equivalent.  He is still an excellent goalkeeper, and I have. I concerns.   Like before he came though, we now need a better back up.  

27 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I think we signed him to replace Gordon, but perhaps did not expect it so soon, though I thought we might have given him one of the league games, when still in Europe. 

I have confidence in him.  He is no Gordon, but we were never going to replace Gordon with an equivalent.  He is still an excellent goalkeeper, and I have. I concerns.   Like before he came though, we now need a better back up.  

Yeah, Ross Stewart with the best will in the world isn't someone that should be playing for a top 6 club in any capacity. He did well against Celtic but his other performances in games where we should have won weren't great and I don't think that bodes well. Turning it on against the Champions is no great feat if you lose anyway and can't do the same against Motherwell etc. 

Jamie Macdonald still at Raith and out of contract at the end of the season for a cheap and cheerful number 2(3).

19 hours ago, Bauld said:

Important point needs to be made.

Gordon is the GOAT to many of us and to all he is absolute class.

But in the last 2 months alone he's had some absolute howlers.

Clarke is now getting his chance. He will make mistakes. We need to remember that no he isn't Gordon but Gordon also made mistakes. Unless he has some absolute shockers he shouldn't be hounded like so many others by sections of our support.

He has not had any absolute howlers . Couple of goals where his judgment was questioned but very debatable.

Of course he is not superman, but he is very close

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

There's more to losing goals than just the goalkeeper. Lack of a commanding centre half for most of these games could also be a factor. 

Agreed.

14 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, Ross Stewart with the best will in the world isn't someone that should be playing for a top 6 club in any capacity. He did well against Celtic but his other performances in games where we should have won weren't great and I don't think that bodes well. Turning it on against the Champions is no great feat if you lose anyway and can't do the same against Motherwell etc. 

Jamie Macdonald still at Raith and out of contract at the end of the season for a cheap and cheerful number 2(3).

Stewart was throw choice at Livi for a reason. A bizarre signing. I would absolutely have more faith in MacDonald. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
14 hours ago, Newton51 said:

In zander we trust. Gutted about Craig but have every faith in him as a replacement. Always felt he was one of the top goalies in the league 

One of the main reasons in recent years we have won at St Johnstone.

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

What with a shit defence in front of him. 😏

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It’s probably deliberate on your part but your posts are a mish mash of heartfelt discontent and trolling. I suppose it keeps everyone on their toes but eventually nobody will read your posts because it’s a task to work out where your head’s at from one minute to the next. 

I have always rated Zander Clark very highly, I also think that Neilson knew that CL wouldn't last forever and he's been signed as a long term replacement, it's just come s bit earlier than expected.

14 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I have always rated Zander Clark very highly, I also think that Neilson knew that CL wouldn't last forever and he's been signed as a long term replacement, it's just come s bit earlier than expected.

Any goals that Zander loses will be analysed in the context of 'Would Craig have saved that?' Good luck to him. 😎

2 hours ago, john thomas said:

He has not had any absolute howlers . Couple of goals where his judgment was questioned but very debatable.

Of course he is not superman, but he is very close

He has. One that stands out was the one where he passed it directly to the opposition player who then basically had a tap in because Craig was also so far off his line. 

He's had a couple. All keepers do which is the point I'm making. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Any goals that Zander loses will be analysed in the context of 'Would Craig have saved that?' Good luck to him. 😎

No one can fully replace CG but Clark is probably as close as we can get with what we can afford 

16 minutes ago, Rods said:

Now that the dust has settled. Probably can go ahead and say it. I believe this is an upgrade. Gordon has not looked the sand the past few months. 

🥸

Selkirkhmfc1874
20 minutes ago, Rods said:

Now that the dust has settled. Probably can go ahead and say it. I believe this is an upgrade. Gordon has not looked the sand the past few months. 

Wow just Wow !! 

i wish jj was my dad
59 minutes ago, Rods said:

And this can be filed next to Hibs play free flowing, attractive football. 

It’s just an opinion. Seems to have been out of sync last few months. Don’t blame him to be honest he has had a kid lately and not as young as he used to be. 

Not want to get into stuff out of respect what he has done for the club. 

1 hour ago, Rods said:

All I’ll say is I hope you’re right

1 hour ago, Rods said:

Dust to dust, sand to sand, that's the worst post in the land.

35 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

All I’ll say is I hope you’re right

Not long till Clark takes up the mantle at International level aswell.

Very confident in Clark. 

5 hours ago, Bauld said:

He has. One that stands out was the one where he passed it directly to the opposition player who then basically had a tap in because Craig was also so far off his line. 

He's had a couple. All keepers do which is the point I'm making. 

Give you that one .

As you say all keepers do . Gordon just does remarkably less than others .

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, Rods said:

It’s just an opinion. Seems to have been out of sync last few months. Don’t blame him to be honest he has had a kid lately and not as young as he used to be. 

He has had the most unsettled defence in the country in front of him. He may not be the best there is at crosses  but I would take him in front of anybody for stopping shots

On 24/12/2022 at 17:13, Bazzas right boot said:

Thankfully we taken our time for a number 2 and got in a very good gk.

Time for the big man to stand up and fill some very big gloves. 

I'm confident he will.

Me too - a very solid keeper 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Rods said:

2120538b203179f52287f06292ade9b3--only-fools-and-horses-funny-memes.jpg

6 hours ago, Rods said:

not enough face palms for this nonsense. Jesus wept

This is a massive opportunity for Zander at Club and Country level.  Was reading a tartan army thread and they were discussing possible replacements for Craig.  The two that were mentioned most were Clark and Liam Kelly.  

23 hours ago, OTT said:

If Ross Stewart isn't someone that should be playing for a top 6 club, a 37 year old Jamie MacDonald is also not the answer here.   He's winding down his career, and has been playing with Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Alloa, and Raith since leaving Hearts nearly a decade ago.  He was solid enough for us, but had very obvious flaws that filled match day threads on here at the time. 

I'm fairly sure we can do a bit better than that as a backup. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

If Ross Stewart isn't someone that should be playing for a top 6 club, a 37 year old Jamie MacDonald is also not the answer here.   He's winding down his career, and has been playing with Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Alloa, and Raith since leaving Hearts nearly a decade ago.  He was solid enough for us, but had very obvious flaws that filled match day threads on here at the time. 

I'm fairly sure we can do a bit better than that as a backup. 

We have a couple of decent young laddies in McFarlane and Stone. I'd hope one or both would be good enough to be no 3 at least until the end of the season. 

Naisys Tackle

Good luck to him.  Not as confident as others that he will go on to be this brilliant player for us but we have given him a great platform. 

On 25/12/2022 at 15:02, davemclaren said:

Suppose we could do similar comparison with Shanks and Robbo at the other end if the park. I'm just pleased we have a very capable keeper for back up. Good luck Zander. 

9 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Suppose we could do similar comparison with Shanks and Robbo at the other end if the park. I'm just pleased we have a very capable keeper for back up. Good luck Zander. 

If Robbo played the week before Shankland first played for us then we probably would.  😃

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Good luck to him.  Not as confident as others that he will go on to be this brilliant player for us but we have given him a great platform. 

I don't think he's as good as CG but I reckon he'll be a decent keeper for us.  

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don't think he's as good as CG but I reckon he'll be a decent keeper for us.  

Hope so Dave.  Needs to hit the ground running at this important stage of the season.

Edited by Robbies Tackle