Christmas Mafia Game thread

yvonnejambo

You are all living in a lovely wee town with snow on the hills and lovely little cafes and pubs to enjoy each others company. Most of you want to make Christmas a lovely fun time for all... but the mission will be to win as a town and get rid of the evil ones who plan to wreck everyone's Christmas.  Every evening the town gather for fun and games starting in the cafe and often ending in the pub. The town will all decide on who to banish from their town each day and at night the goons will get together in the pub and bring out the mistletoe, this is the kiss nobody wants to get! The mistletoe will bring death to a player unless they target the cafe owner.

Roles:

Goons (4): They can communicate via pm and may kill one person during each night sequence. 1 goon will fall in love with the cafe owner if the cafe owner is the goon target. That goons will not know which goon until they target the Cafe owner.

Cop (1): Can investigate any player they wish during the night and the result of the investigation will be passed onto the masons.

Masons (3): Can communicate via pm. They will receive the result of each of the cops investigation.

Doc (1): Can choose to save any player they wish during the night activities, just not the same person 2 nights in a row.

Assassin (1): In it for themselves. They have 3 kills that they can use during any night sequence, they can use all 3 in same night or spread them out.

Turncoat (1): A normal townie on the side of good. However if they goons attempt to kill them, then they themselves will become a goon. They won’t know what their role is unless they’re lynched. In the event of a lynch , I will inform all players that the turncoat is dead.

Cafe owner (1):  A normal townie, but ultimately looking for love and if the goons go for the cafe owner the kiss under the mistletoe will result in the cafe owner and 1 goon going off together to find a little love nest out of the game. Cafe Owner doesn't know their role unless lynched or targeted.

Townies (8): Just happy, normal people who wants best for their town and all to enjoy Christmas.

Rules:

Anyone can vote and unvote for whoever they please. Please put all votes/unvotes in bold please E.G. vote Santa/Unvote Santa. I won’t accept any votes/unvotes that aren’t in bold.

You can bluff or hint at your role in the game but if you outright tell anyone of your role then you will be modkilled. Everyone can of course claim to be just a townie.

I will deal with the night time activities in the following order: COP-DOC-GOONS-ASSASSIN-.

Can I ask all roled players to get their night choices into me ASAP.

Deadline will be 8pm each night. I will call night at 8pm by my own clock. Any votes/unvotes after I’ve called it will not count. So you mess about with your voting at your own risk.

Anyone who doesn’t vote will be banned from the following days voting.

Any non posters will be modkilled.

You can chat during the night sequence. But only “come on town”, “well done goons” type chat. No game chat is permitted. I’ll punish players who misbehave at night.

Dead players can talk on the main thread but are not allowed to try to influence the game. Again only “well done” or “come on”’type posts.

Most of all. Remember, it’s only a game. So let’s have some fun.

Winning the game:

Goons: win the game if the town have no way of gaining a majority vote.

Town: win the game when all goons are dead.

Assassin: wins the game if they’re the only roled player left standing.

Good luck everyone.

pms will be out shortly.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• yvonnejambo

• Peakybunnet

• AndyNic

Player List

1. Stuart McNeil

2. Vlad Magic

3. Rossco 1874

4. Beds

5. AndyNic

6. Boof

7. The Hogfather

8. Shapes 

9. Seats

10. Judy

11. Ray Gin

12. JamboSean

13. Peaky bunnet 

14 Tenaciousdandy

15. Iantjambo

16. Good old Fashioned Scandal 

17. Dunks 

18. Rudi Skacel 

19. Tommy Brown 

20. Wee Jambo

19 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

goon list 

boof

andy

dunks

ian

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

What's this bs you guys speak of?

Rings a bell but been a while

BS is when the cop investigates the player directly below him or her on the player list. Some players say they would use bs if they where the cop to help the masons identify who the cop is 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Vote Boof 

Clueless already about this game 😂😂

Sorry I meant I’m clueless already 

Good Old Fashioned Scandal

Wouldn't use bs, would investigate seats. Not that its useful for anyone to know that as im just a sweet wee townie.

thehibsareintheirbeds
1 minute ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

BS is when the cop investigates the player directly below him or her on the player list. Some players say they would use bs if they where the cop to help the masons identify who the cop is 

Ahh yeah, so it is- cheers!

I would use it but I'm not, so i won't 😊

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Vote Boof 

Clueless already about this game 😂😂

You seem to have got the hang of it though, a vote for boof is never far off 🤣

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Sorry I meant I’m clueless already 

Well that's obvious!

No, of course it isn't. Anyone is fair game for a vote at this stage and as a retaliatory vote I applaud you for it. However...unless you're a goon, it's a bad vote. Not horrific as the town could stand to lose someone of my stature but not too many of us before things start to get awkward.

Would I use BS? Hell yeah.

Can I use it? Hell, no!

Does me saying so cast a modicum of doubt in goonly minds? I do hope so :lol: 

I would use BS…Totally irrelevant though, since I’m just a townie.

Vote Ray Gin

Random day 1 vote and also just to rub the salt in a bit since the Allstars beat Novery to 2nd place in Xpert Eleven 😁

Exciting! How does this work then, hopefully not noobs first to be culled or I'm fecked. Is there some sort of chat/tasks we're meant to talk about? Not sure how we're supposed to work out who all of the roles are?

Just now, iantjambo said:

I would use BS…Totally irrelevant though, since I’m just a townie.

Vote Ray Gin

Random day 1 vote and also just to rub the salt in a bit since the Allstars beat Novery to 2nd place in Xpert Eleven 😁

Talk about kicking someone while they are down.  :( 

Good Old Fashioned Scandal
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Exciting! How does this work then, hopefully not noobs first to be culled or I'm fecked. Is there some sort of chat/tasks we're meant to talk about? Not sure how we're supposed to work out who all of the roles are?

Just anything tbh, especially on the first day. once someone is lynched you can go back and look at who voted them and depending on the lynched persons role it could help. Then the next days when people get killed off looking at everyone elses reaction gives big clues too 

Just now, Ray Gin said:

we all talk pish about each other and then at the last moment before deadline we all vote for boof

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Just read through the thread and decide who's a dodgy fecker by what they post. Clearly I'm not - even if some misguided numpties seem to think I am.

Once you've decided, chuck in a vote just like Ian has done to you. Retaliatory votes are commonplace :whistling:

Folk who have something to hide may try and wriggle out of them or if they have team mates, they might come to their aid by swinging the vote count. Even if it doesn't happen folk will be accused of doing it :lol:  

Edited by Boof
Edited to correct spelling of swinging (from swining)

1 minute ago, jambosean75 said:

we all talk pish about each other and then at the last moment before deadline we all vote for boof

:lol: sound

4 minutes ago, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

Just anything tbh, especially on the first day. once someone is lynched you can go back and look at who voted them and depending on the lynched persons role it could help. Then the next days when people get killed off looking at everyone elses reaction gives big clues too 

Cool, thanks. 

Just now, Good Old Fashioned Scandal said:

@yvonnejambocould i just ask for clarification on what happens when someone falls in love with a goon? Do they become in it for themselves?

i think they both leave the game

2 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

i think they both leave the game

Yes both leave the game hand in hand after the magical kiss 

14 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Your goon pals will keep you right on the goon pm thread 😉 

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Your goon pals will keep you right on the goon pm thread 😉 

This hard-nosed thuggery of laying in to someone who you've already beaten once today is VERY goon like behaviour. :lol:  
****in' Tony Soprano over here.

15 minutes ago, Boof said:

Just read through the thread and decide who's a dodgy fecker by what they post. Clearly I'm not - even if some misguided numpties seem to think I am.

Once you've decided, chuck in a vote just like Ian has done to you. Retaliatory votes are commonplace :whistling:

Folk who have something to hide may try and wriggle out of them or if they have team mates, they might come to their aid by swinging the vote count. Even if it doesn't happen folk will be accused of doing it :lol:  

Your goonish tactics shining through already 🤨