Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• luckyBatistuta

• Luckies1874

• Malinga the Swinga

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:yas:

That cape though…looked like Harry Potter. Wish he’d refused to put the stupid thing on

manaliveits105
45 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

374153DA-2066-44EE-80C7-15843A8E286A.jpeg

A real laugh out loud moment 

Ali’s quip will go down in history as much as Messi’s World Cup 

well played Ally 👏

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

A real laugh out loud moment 

Ali’s quip will go down in history as much as Messi’s World Cup 

well played Ally 👏

I did laugh too but he’ll likely get slaughtered as a bitter Sweaty down south for it!

Naisys Tackle
41 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Brilliant, thanks!

Buenos Aires......

Incredible mate.  If any country deserved it.... 

steinbeckjambo1874

Slightly off topic but that "vamos, vamos Argentina" chant has something about it, change the lyrics a wee bit and it could work...

Lawrence Shankland, he hates the Hibees

Plays with Gino, Boyce and Mackay.

Scored a hat-trick against the Celtic

His goals will take us back to Europe in July ✈️

Shame we didn't win that game he got the hat trick in...

Anyway, I'll leave the songwriting to the Ultras! 😆

Edited by steinbeckjambo1874

Bonnie Prince Charlie

I listened to talk sport today (switched off quickly) and they were convinced if England had beaten France they would have lifted the trophy. Thankfully they have repainted the loser

On 18/12/2022 at 18:12, luckyBatistuta said:

884440FD-A4EC-4C1F-B179-DB774CC5D3F0.jpeg

Im not really clued up on Argentinian football but why does it seem that their first world cup win always gets over looked?

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

Im not really clued up on Argentinian football but why does it seem that their first world cup win always gets over looked?

I wouldn’t say it was overlooked, it’s the best one of them all I’d say, but I’m probably a little biased. That World Cup is the reason I have a wee love affair with Argentinian football. Watching all that ticker tape and the amazing football as a starry eyed 10 year old just blew me away. It only seems like it’s overlooked because they never had one of the greatest players to ever play the game in that team and lift that trophy. The others have been lifted by the two greatest players ever to have kicked a football.

17 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I wouldn’t say it was overlooked, it’s the best one of them all I’d say, but I’m probably a little biased. That World Cup is the reason I have a wee love affair with Argentinian football. Watching all that ticker tape and the amazing football as a starry eyed 10 year old just blew me away. It only seems like it’s overlooked because they never had one of the greatest players to ever play the game in that team and lift that trophy. The others have been lifted by the two greatest players ever to have kicked a football.

Fair enough, cheers.

45 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

Because it was a bit of a England in 66 win.

<cough> gold watches for Peru <cough>

Edited by briever

1 hour ago, Bonnie Prince Charlie said:

I listened to talk sport today (switched off quickly) and they were convinced if England had beaten France they would have lifted the trophy. Thankfully they have repainted the loser

They really are deluded.

On 18/12/2022 at 14:10, luckyBatistuta said:

Those stats are incredible, make it look like he’s probably better than Messi. He’s nowhere near though imo. Lives off his pace.

Yes players who live off their pace tend to slow down and not be as effective. See Michael Owen / Wayne Rooney - both great players but lost a bit pace and the edge they had when they were young. 

14 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

They had a national hero playing in goal for Peru.

luckyBatistuta
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They had a national hero playing in goal for Peru.

Even Craig Gordon couldn’t have saved any of the 6 :65:

• 3 months later...
Luckies1874

Special night in Buenos Aires as Argentina played there as World Champions for the first time

And of course Messi had to do something noteable too

manaliveits105

aye but still doesn’t beat the special atmosphere at the old firm derby or big European nights at Celtic Park or Ibrox right ?

2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Special night in Buenos Aires as Argentina played there as World Champions for the first time

And of course Messi had to do something noteable too

That's something else, then Messi does his thing. :pray:

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It's shite Wee Diego didn't get to see this. He'd be loving it.

Aye, but the way he celebrated things he might have not seen the next again day.