• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• luckyBatistuta

• Luckies1874

• Malinga the Swinga

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Maradona still GOAT for me, but Messi turning it on in this WC final and has all tournament. Where’s the wonder kid Mbappe?

**** knows. France have been non-existent so far. Mbappe should have gone down though before second goal but stayed on feet to his own cost as this clueless ref has no idea what's happening.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

**** knows. France have been non-existent so far. Mbappe should have gone down though before second goal but stayed on feet to his own cost as this clueless ref has no idea what's happening.

I’m astonished at how bad France have been. I’ve no idea what you’re seeing with the ref though, nobody I’m watching with thinks he’s been biased either.

France performing like Conor McGregor. Get to the top and then become to complacent. And then you find out you're not good enough anymore.

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’m astonished at how bad France have been. I’ve no idea what you’re seeing with the ref though, nobody I’m watching with thinks he’s been biased either.

He's not.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Tends to happen when the team you want to win are getting decisions. Happens weekly at Sevco/Celtic games where everyone knows they get everything bar their supporters.

First goal a penalty from dive, second when Mbappe should have gone down but ref didn't bother giving foul as he stayed on feet.

Argentina miles ahead though.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Tends to happen when the team you want to win are getting decisions. Happens weekly at Sevco/Celtic games where everyone knows they get everything bar their supporters.

First goal a penalty from dive, second when Mbappe should have gone down but ref didn't bother giving foul as he stayed on feet.

Argentina miles ahead though.

I’ve got guys here wanting France to win, nothing to do with just Argentina blinkers. There is no favouritism by the ref, it’s in your head Malinga, sorry bud, it really is.

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’ve got guys here wanting France to win, nothing to do with just Argentina blinkers. There is no favouritism by the ref, it’s in your head Malinga, sorry bud, it really is.

Correct.

The boy tried to shoulder Mbappe and missed. If he connected it's legal. Should to should is still legal. 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Nae excuse for a young lad like Mbappe to not chase back. Other than being a big heid.

Hardly ever see him chase back. He’s lazy

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

He needs to move to Madrid to become a great. Total comfort zone playing for PSG at his stage of career.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

He needs to move to Madrid to become a great. Total comfort zone playing for PSG at his stage of career.

But his wonder stats will drop 

I know shearer is having a laugh. And he was some striker, incredible. The best of his era. But I'm picking Gary Linekar before him in my England team.

Edited by ri Alban

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I know shearer is having a laugh. And he was some striker, incredible. The best of his era. But I'm picking Gary Linekar before him in my England team.

I’d take Lineker over Shearer every day too

5 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

But his wonder stats will drop 

I do hope he performs and does the business in this seasons Champions League though.

Messi to end this season with a World Cup and a Champions League trophy. :sweeet:

There will need to be suicide watches among the Ronaldo stans.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, The Gorgie said:

Not saying mbappe is better than messi but these states are insane, the boys has an incredible future ahead of him. 

20221218_102330.jpg

Incredible,  but to maintin that level for 15+ years is difficult. 

11 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Saying that, nearly all the footage of Pele, he's walking about, or sprints 5 yards. I never got to see much of the great man, so I could be talking shite.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Saying that, nearly all the footage of Pele, he's walking about, or sprints 5 yards. I never got to see much of the great man, so I could be talking shite.

Never seen much of Pele either. My argument against Pele is the same as Mbappe at the moment. He’s playing week in week out for the best team surrounded by the best players in a weaker league

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

May have already been mentioned but if things stay the same then how much would a collector pay for Cammy’s Messi shirt? A million? £2 million?

Kerching, played Cammy sahn 😁

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Never seen much of Pele either. My argument against Pele is the same as Mbappe at the moment. He’s playing week in week out for the best team surrounded by the best players in a weaker league

Pretty much what Messi did for Barcelona and does at PSG.

Diego M didn't do that and that's why he was and is the best.

luckyBatistuta

Messi was but still played in the best league in the world every week. Diego as you say never had that luxury and also had zero protection from the hatchet men. Will always be the greatest for me

Edited by luckyBatistuta

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Love Maradona but he actually failed completely at Barcelona. What Maradona did singlehandedly for his country and Napoli at a time when Serie A was the best and most prestigious league in Europe was incredible and unforgettable but it was over a period of 4-5 years. Messi's longevity has been astounding. If the game ends with this result both will rightly be held on an elevated pedestal forever. Icons in their homeland. 

8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Real Madrid were a phenomenal team when Messi was there. Atletico weren't too bad either.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Love Maradona but he actually failed completely at Barcelona. What Maradona did singlehandedly for his country and Napoli at a time when Serie A was the best and most prestigious league in Europe was incredible and unforgettable but it was over a period of 4-5 years. Messi's longevity has been astounding. If the game ends with this result both will rightly be held on an elevated pedestal forever. Icons in their homeland. 

Different generations, just thankful I got to watch both. Argentinian football full stop, just love it🥰❤️

3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Different generations, just thankful I got to watch both. Argentinian football full stop, just love it🥰❤️

Agreed.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Maradona still GOAT for me, but Messi turning it on in this WC final and has all tournament. Where’s the wonder kid Mbappe?

He's just appeared in last couple of minutes 

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

👀

luckyBatistuta

He's just appeared in last couple of minutes 

He’s been shite though, got to admit that. Great finish tbf